PDA

View Full Version : people speak french....

pikamaster-pf
29th December 2006, 11:36 PM
moi je suis un quebecois qui parle le francais et je voudrais savoir ... pourquoi on aurait pas le droit de parler francais, serebii est un site genial qui est tres complet sur pokemon et ce je remerci serebii pour son grand travail

mais certaines personnes n'accepte pas ca

translate

im a quebecois who speak french and i want to know ... why we cant speak french... serebii is a great site , get all completed data on pokemon and im thankful to serebii for his giant work

but some person dosen't accept this

i want to someone clean the problem and people will gain to speak french too

Blaze Dragon
29th December 2006, 11:39 PM
First, learn to speak (And write) English, then, say others to speak French.
This forum was created by an ENGLISH, therefore, the language is ENGLISH. Is that difficult to understand?

pikamaster-pf
29th December 2006, 11:44 PM
oh but its difficult for a french person to speak in english like me

i can understand english but its difficult to write it (difficult word)

Cipher 2008
29th December 2006, 11:50 PM
Use a translator. They may be crappy (most of them) but they do the job.

Korobooshi Kojiro
29th December 2006, 11:52 PM
This is an English Forum.

If you want too post, learn English.

blaze boy
29th December 2006, 11:53 PM
or you could find a French pokemon website because it ether english or nothing.

game_mayhem
29th December 2006, 11:58 PM
je ne parle pas francais qui bien par ce francais est mon quatre language.

I'm not that good on french, so I'll just speak english. So anyways not most people in this site can speak french and speak mostly english. Also you can make a french club on the clubs section if you want people that speak french to gather.

Champion Jared 14
30th December 2006, 12:06 AM
Je regrette, mais les personnes d'ici parlent anglais. Tu es confu monsieur?

Controller of Flames
30th December 2006, 12:28 AM
Un site du anglais et francias est tres difficle a fonctionner.

An english and french site is difficult to operate.

Je suis meilleur
30th December 2006, 1:47 AM
Je ne sais pas. :(

It would be nice to get Spanish and French (pretty much the important languages along with English) in the site for more people. But Serebii doesn't want to. Oh well.

Seth boy
30th December 2006, 2:01 AM
moi je suis un quebecois qui parle le francais et je voudrais savoir ... pourquoi on aurait pas le droit de parler francais, serebii est un site genial qui est tres complet sur pokemon et ce je remerci serebii pour son grand travail

mais certaines personnes n'accepte pas ca

translate

im a quebecois who speak french and i want to know ... why we cant speak french... serebii is a great site , get all completed data on pokemon and im thankful to serebii for his giant work

but some person dosen't accept this

Find a pokemon foroum thats french. We do not complain when we go to a french website. Oh can you make an english version? And besides I am Spanish and you do not here me complaining.;136;

Michii
30th December 2006, 2:02 AM
Its not that Serebii doesn't want to, its just that most are English speakers. If we allowed french, then we'd have to allow all the other languages in the world. We wouldn't be able to understand each other. :(

Je suis meilleur
30th December 2006, 2:09 AM
Find a pokemon foroum thats french. We do not complain when we go to a french website. Oh can you make an english version? And besides I am Spanish and you do not here me complaining.;136;Many French websites have English versions. >_> And it is not complaining; but just asking.

Its not that Serebii doesn't want to,Nah; I'm pretty sure he doesn't want to
its just that most are English speakers.And he speaks English
If we allowed french, then we'd have to allow all the other languages in the world.No, it isn't needed.
We wouldn't be able to understand each other. :(Other forums survive with other 2 or 3 languages. Trust me; it's not horrible. Then again, this is SPPf D:

Cor
30th December 2006, 2:19 AM
Moi je prale en francais aussi mais on dois parler en anglais.
Yes we have to talk in english here

Michii
30th December 2006, 2:21 AM
But people here are from all around the world. French is just one language. Wouldn't it be unfair if we allowed French, but not Spanish, a more widely spoken language? I would love everyone to be happy, but its more important that we're able to comunicate. The forums would be chaos if one member spoke Italian and the other member couldn't reply to the topic, because he missunderstood what the Italian person was saying.

Topaz Archer
30th December 2006, 2:33 AM
No, it isn't needed.

Yeah, it kinda is. Because, everyone else would whine and cry until they got their way.

Je suis meilleur
30th December 2006, 2:51 AM
Yeah, it kinda is. Because, everyone else would whine and cry until they got their way.Well, they can whine and cry all they want. Which is what's happening here; I suggested it once, and then never again. I support; but not bring it up. As I said before; plenty of websites have survived with only 2 or 3 languages. >_>

But people here are from all around the world. French is just one language. Wouldn't it be unfair if we allowed French, but not Spanish, a more widely spoken language?Why not have both? Both are important and would bring more people. Though it isn't fair; I support English/French more than just English itself.
I would love everyone to be happy, but its more important that we're able to comunicate. The forums would be chaos if one member spoke Italian and the other member couldn't reply to the topic, because he missunderstood what the Italian person was saying.Italians can understand a lot of Spanish and an amount of French. Of course; we don't have those languages; but let's try the solution we use in the English forums!! Make him learn another language or leave. I'm up for more languages; but not all in the world. Because most languages in the world are not as important.

Spock
30th December 2006, 8:11 AM
Not to be rude, my fellow canuck (therefore bretheren), but this is NOT a problem. Like said above, we can't bend the rules for every little language. We might as well put German, Italian, Japanese, Dutch, Indian, Chinese......

LugiaRules
30th December 2006, 11:02 AM
Truth spoken, by everyone.

Arbok
30th December 2006, 11:31 AM
English is simple. French is hard. xD

English is a language most people speak. (Some people not very good, meh T.T)

Zephyr Flare
30th December 2006, 11:39 AM
It might make it eaiser for some but would make it hell for the majority and opn for abuse. This is like going to say, in your case, the UK and not even knowing a bit of english. Is it really fair on yourself or indeed the populace? "We can help those who help themselves" springs to mind.

The majority here are either native english speakers or those who have learnt it as a second or maybe even third language. Did they complain that because english was not their first we should cater for them and thus they chose to whine about it insted? No.

We've even had dutch writers before, his english wasn't brillant but he really put the effort in to make sure he wasn't both left out and that peope understood him to the best of his ability.

We cannot cater to every single person for that is not possible and unfair to those who have tried. We don;t expect you to speak like you've lived your entire existance in some country where english is the first language, just so you are able to communiate to chat, discuss or convey ideas of works of your own.

There is no harm in making an apology in sig or post that your english might be a little rough, the majority will understand and respect this which of course may help you meet other who can speak your language more fluent so you can talk to them via pm or email without problem.

Sandra