PDA

View Full Version : Adventure/fantasy manga

toxictwinkie
30th December 2006, 6:29 AM
I there any manga on the lines of CCS, inuyasha, Tsuabsa, Tokyo mew mew stuff like this? I'm Interested in Adventure, quest type stuff LOL! So yeah any recommendations? Thankies ;222;

P.S Does anyone know if VIZ will release or re-release the inuyasha manga unflipped in the future? Thankls again ;munchlax;

+Rhapsody+
30th December 2006, 6:43 AM
There are plenty on the adventure/quest type manga.

Check out any shounen. But if you want really high quality, I'd recommend Berserk in the adventure genre. Although from the titles you've listed, it may be too mature.

toxictwinkie
30th December 2006, 6:50 AM
XD yeah true! I'm not really into 'mature manga', but thankyou =)

Akaba
30th December 2006, 6:53 AM
Go read Full Metal Alchemist.

Or Death Note.

I have NEVER seen a person hate Death Note.

+Rhapsody+
30th December 2006, 6:56 AM

Until you get midway through volume 7, that is.

toxictwinkie
30th December 2006, 6:59 AM
I was thinking of FMA! My friend has the box set of it LOL

toxictwinkie
30th December 2006, 6:59 AM
LOL! Does death note go 'downhill'?

Akaba
30th December 2006, 7:00 AM
So true, Death Note...for the first Seven Volumes is basically known as the 'God' manga that is perfect in every way...then afterwards some people hate it.

And yeah, read FMA and Death Note.

It's like you can't be an anime/manga fan if you don't watch/read DN.

toxictwinkie
30th December 2006, 7:04 AM
Okays, they shall be considered =)

Thanks once again

+Rhapsody+
30th December 2006, 7:04 AM
It's like you can't be an anime/manga fan if you don't watch/read DN.

Really? =/ It's popularity has alredy risen into the "overrated" terms that fast?

And I second the recommendation to FMA. It's a very worthwhile, solid shounen series that is actually original.

Akaba
30th December 2006, 7:07 AM
It is easily the biggest 'smart' manga that smarky otaku will make fun of you because if you haven't read it. Just like how people would make fun of you if you didn't know what FMA was, but now since it came out in dub form, everyone has seen it.

BattleFranky~40
30th December 2006, 8:05 AM
After Volume 7, Death Note becomes boring and convulted.

Try Berserk if you want fantasy adventure.

+Rhapsody+
30th December 2006, 11:19 PM
But since Berserk seems too mature, judging by the manga series mentioned, I'd also recommend Chrono Crusade for the adventure/quest type of thing. It reminded me a bit of FMA with exorcists instead of alchemists.

BattleFranky~40
30th December 2006, 11:21 PM
But since Berserk seems too mature, judging by the manga series mentioned, I'd also recommend Chrono Crusade for the adventure/quest type of thing. It reminded me a bit of FMA with exorcists instead of alchemists.

Despite the fact that it is "more mature", it is still THE fantasy adventure manga, and if you're looking for something in that category, you need to read it.

That Scary Clefairy
31st December 2006, 12:00 AM
Yes Berserk is perfect choice. Record of Lodess war(even the manga) is just as great

Catalyst
31st December 2006, 10:33 AM

Hello, meet me. : D

Yeah, go with BF and SC, Berserk it's where it's at, I neglected it for so long... ;[

BattleFranky~40
31st December 2006, 10:35 AM
Hello, meet me. : D

Yeah, go with BF and SC, Berserk it's where it's at, I neglected it for so long... ;[

Indeed. Now prepare to wait with the rest of us for Miura to draw a single chapter! Mwahahahaha!

Catalyst
31st December 2006, 10:37 AM
January 17th is meant to be when the next chapter is out, hopefully it's true. >__<

BattleFranky~40
31st December 2006, 10:42 AM
January 17th is meant to be when the next chapter is out, hopefully it's true. >__<

Yeah, probably.

And then we'll wait until around August for the next chapter.

That Scary Clefairy
31st December 2006, 8:09 PM
i'm kinda behind. what's the latest chapter out so far?

BattleFranky~40
31st December 2006, 8:43 PM
i'm kinda behind. what's the latest chapter out so far?

279 chapters so far, with the 280th coming out soon.

That Scary Clefairy
31st December 2006, 8:58 PM
279 chapters so far, with the 280th coming out soon.

ah thanks. appreciate it.

HK
2nd January 2007, 6:59 PM
Or Death Note.

Why is thou recommending a thriller manga for an adventure/fantasy manga?

To be honest I kind of wish that more people did, considering that the anime it's this season's The Melancholy of Haruhi Suzumiya. Mind you, I enjoy TMoHS a helluva lot, and I have hope that the Death Note anime will not turn out to be as awful as the second half of the manga was, but the praise that it gets is absolutely ridiculous.

*Cue Beethoven's 9th Symphony.*

Oh, and the other adventure/fantasy masterpiece in manga? Miyazaki's Nausicaä of the Valley of the Wind is what you want to be looking for. It is the best thing that he has ever done and will ever do, and its an epic in every sense of the word.

Luke Groundwalker
5th January 2007, 1:36 AM
No, Catalyst my boy, it's the 12th. Of course, I've already told you this, but I don't want everyone to be fooled that it's the 17th.

Yes, Berserk is definately a good dark fantasy manga. If you hate gore and nudity and love a good story and great characters, read it anyway and get used to it, because the story and characters is its main strongpoint.

Jojo's Bizzare Adventure and Fullmetal Alchemist are pretty good, epic adventure manga series, also.