PDA

View Full Version : Ranks

legendarypokemonjunkie17
31st December 2006, 3:53 AM
Hello. 'm not 100% sure if a thread like this exists already, but I'm sorry if it does, would you tell me where this really belongs if so or if i should delete this?

Anyway,

It seems that many on serebii.net who have recently joined are at a rank higher than what is usualy expected by the community. For example, I've seen a member post who joined within the past month who is already a Rainbow trainer, maybe higher I can't recall. Members who joined in 2004 are also within the range of expectations. Most people think that they would be at the highest rank next to mod. or staff. Some people who joined in 2004 are only a beginner trainer.

Question: Do you care about ranks at all? Do you look to see if your rank has changed after every post you make? What do you expect from members who joined in certain months or years? Please give us your thoughts.

nickyn00
31st December 2006, 5:54 AM
1)I like going up in rank.... 2)Not after every post.... I think i figured out that your rank goes up every 20 posts...3) i dunno, i don't really think of someone differently if there rank is higher....

Astinus
31st December 2006, 6:03 AM
Ranks really mean nothing. I'm no better member than you just because my rank is higher than yours. Really, it's just what you say in your post more than how many posts you have.

In simpler terms: Would you rather be at the Pokemon Champion rank, that being over 4000 posts, and have them all be spam, short one-sentence jabs? Or woould you rather be at a lower rank, but have your posts be long?

But really, the little banner underneath your name means nothing. You shouldn't be taken less seriously just because you have a lower post count.

It makes no difference to me. I joined a few days before the banners were implimented, so I got used to them. I used to feel a little proud going up in rank, but after changing my thoughts, it doesn't bother me now.

Poke doll
31st December 2006, 6:05 AM
Yea ranks mean nothing at all they are just for a little fun IMO.

Knight_Ram
31st December 2006, 6:09 AM
I like going up in rank.... Not after every post.... I think i figured out that your rank goes up every 20 posts... i dunno, i don't really think of someone differently if there rank is higher....

Hey, just thought I should give you all this link to see how many post you have to make to get up a "Rank" http://www.serebiiforums.com/showthread.php?t=91015
Hopefully that gave you a proper result in seeing how many post are needed to move up a rank.

And for me, I like moving up ranks! Makes me feel like a proud Serebii.net Forum member! And I like to talk about one of my most favorite shows that I have loved since I was a little one. And I don't think of anyone any different for there rank. We are all equal. Well, some of us. But there are also people that think differently to people with a lower rank then themselves. ( If that made any sense at all ). Yup, thats my thoughts ;-) Happy New Year Everyone!

legendarypokemonjunkie17
31st December 2006, 6:13 AM
Hey, just thought I should give you all this link to see how many post you have to make to get up a "Rank" http://www.serebiiforums.com/showthread.php?t=91015
Hopefully that gave you a proper result in seeing how many post are needed to move up a rank.

And for me, I like moving up ranks! Makes me feel like a proud Serebii.net Forum member! And I like to talk about one of my most favorite shows that I have loved since I was a little one. And I don't think of anyone any different for there rank. We are all equal. Well, some of us. But there are also people that think differently to people with a lower rank then themselves. ( If that made any sense at all ). Yup, thats my thoughts ;-) Happy New Year Everyone!

Well said. Ranks are meant for pride and should be honestly earned, basically NO SPAM. This thread is turning out nicely. If you have any friends here at Serebii, pm them and have them voice their opinion here on the thread. The more, the merrier. Happy New Year!!

ShinyManafi
31st December 2006, 6:24 AM
Well, I joined in Sep. '06 and I have a high one, it doesn't matter

legendarypokemonjunkie17
31st December 2006, 6:39 AM
How on earth did you get such a high rank in under four months? Well I know how, but you've posted A LOT. I joined in October and am only a Rainbow Trainer.

Littlemyuu
31st December 2006, 6:43 AM
i don't mind about the ranks, just the fact that i have fun around here.

Ho-oh Master
31st December 2006, 7:08 AM
I persanlly like going up ranks. Its fun to see how many times you post per day.

Mewtoo
31st December 2006, 7:22 PM
I sometimes expect people with the highest rank to be more experienced and mature on the forums.

Abwayax
31st December 2006, 7:42 PM
I don't really care all that much about rank. But then, I haven't really posted that much at all since I joined, which was... what... two years ago? :/

BattlePikeKing140
31st December 2006, 7:48 PM
The ranks are pretty useless, and I'm no better than anyone else because mine is higher. However, it's fun to see how many posts you've made, and that number in comparison to others.

weavile/perap eater
31st December 2006, 7:53 PM
ranks are really nothing .they dont mean you better than anyone its just fun

indigestible_wad
1st January 2007, 7:43 AM
You should not care about ranks as much as you do. A rank only shows how much you post, not how long you've been here. If a person who recently joined has posted a lot, then they will have a higher rank. If a person who has been here long has posted very little, then the rank will be smaller. You should also note that some areas do not increase post count, making some ranks smaller even if they have a lot of posts.

Zee-V70
1st January 2007, 11:06 PM
I find that weird too, but it's just because they post more. Take Vycksta for example. She's joined just at about the start of summer, yet she is more well-known (Most people are) and has a higher Postcount than me. D:

Zenigane
1st January 2007, 11:13 PM
I'd think that most Champion Trainers would be mature and not talking with numbers for 13773r5. (letters) It doesn't really matter to me, but whenever I see a Beginning Trainer, I think to myself "Spammer" even though they aren't like me for example, I've been on these forums longer than the join date says, but I started an acoount in November, I've been watching spamming happen for a long time, and most of the time it's from Beginning Trainers-Cascade Trainers, but when I was a Beginning Trainer, I didn't spam, so ranks don't really matter that much.

Cipher 2008
1st January 2007, 11:18 PM
The thing with ranks are, I don't use my rank to say "I've got a higher rank than you so I'm better than you", like some people do. Like Knight_Ram said some way up, my rank makes me feel like a real SPPf member, and I'm happy when it goes up. That's it. It's not pointless, but it not there to be abused either.

Akaba
1st January 2007, 11:32 PM
Rankings are nothing put cool things to look at.

Really, if a new member has a high rank and is more well-known, it's probably not because of the rank - it's because of what that person posted. If the person knows that their posting about and not talking stupid, trash or just spamming randomly, I don't care if someone posts 1000 posts a day.

Heh.

legendarypokemonjunkie17
1st January 2007, 11:50 PM
I find that weird too, but it's just because they post more. Take Vycksta for example. She's joined just at about the start of summer, yet she is more well-known (Most people are) and has a higher Postcount than me. D:

Take for example Fire Suicune. She joined in April of last year and is a CascadeTrainer, I joined in October of last year and am two ranks higher than her, we are talking about a 6 month difference!!

indigestible_wad
2nd January 2007, 12:07 AM
I sometimes expect people with the highest rank to be more experienced and mature on the forums.
That a logical assumtion, considering that people who have Pokemon master as their rank are generally very experienced because they've been here a long time.

legendarypokemonjunkie17
4th January 2007, 3:24 AM
Now I'm 3 ranks higher than FS, she's still cascade, but then again, she is rarely on any more.

Metal Force
4th January 2007, 9:37 AM
Yea I like if my rank goes higher, but it doesn't mean I'm in a higher place or something, just higher ranks sortta is fun and a person wanting to be the champ and competing in non spam ways is awesome.

PsyDragon Trainer
4th January 2007, 12:23 PM
Yeah, I like it when my rank goes up, I hope there also come D/P ranks.

plusleandminun
4th January 2007, 12:30 PM
I really do to.They are kind of pointless thow uless you like them.

Amakusa Ryu
4th January 2007, 1:47 PM
I like the ranks, but they´re not very important. It is just for fun and to enjoy.

[Kingdra]
4th January 2007, 2:51 PM
I just like them because they look cool...

Some people don't post a lot and some people do.Ranks are like a little trinket.

SHUCKLE MAN
4th January 2007, 3:48 PM
I always persume that Begginer Trainers are 10 year olds and Champions are in their 20s. I know this is a false presumption, but I cant help thinking that, however much I try not to.

Kreis
4th January 2007, 3:57 PM
you do realise that in some places there is no post count if you post right? for example Clubs, Misscaleneuos(however thats spelled)Discussions, and some random help threads. thats probably where they spend there time for example Darkfragon joined already a long time ago and he's still a beggining trainer and when i looked at his post count its zero becuase he only posts in clubs

Theneedleman
4th January 2007, 4:27 PM
It seems that if you have just joined and have an extremely high post count then some of your posts must be spam. That's the way I look at it. Although they really do mean nothing at all.

shooting star
4th January 2007, 5:21 PM
People is not active an equal lot of tim, or they post in postcount-free forums.

And yeah, i care pretty much about my rank, because i change my aviie/UT joke every time my rank goes up.

ΩOmega WeavileΩ
4th January 2007, 10:51 PM
Some people dont care for post ranks. I do, tho. But for one, I think the ranks need to be updated with fourth generation sprites, maybe, and the fourth generation gym leaders. Just a thought... ;3

Ho-oh Master
5th January 2007, 2:44 AM
I think they will make D/P ranks after it comes out in the US.

once in a blue Mew
5th January 2007, 3:57 AM
yeah that would be so awsome if that happened. but then the forum leader would have to updade the mini banners with D/P sprites or something like that, right? (or that just may be my opinion)

K-os
5th January 2007, 10:11 AM
I don't care about ranks... I post in any forum, postcount counting or not.

indigestible_wad
5th January 2007, 7:42 PM
As do I, but I do have some fondness for postcount. It is rather interesting to watch it go up.

Ho-oh Tamer
5th January 2007, 8:40 PM
I like it when my postcount goes up but I don't spam to get it up. I don't think less of anyone that has a lower rank than I do but I think that members with a higher rank are more expirienced and more mature.

Poke doll
5th January 2007, 8:44 PM
There are two ways I think about ranks.

1. W00000000t new rank yea!!!

2. If I see someone post something really stupid so I check there rank and it turns out that they have a really low rank.

Ninjit
5th January 2007, 9:10 PM
My rank is kinda boring, it never changes. It's still special though.

Clash
6th January 2007, 8:30 AM
I joined beginning December and I'm at Sea Ruby Trainer level.

Belgian Pokemaster
6th January 2007, 11:39 AM
If someone has as an example a thread to rate sprites from 1 to 10
Someone has rated 1,it's 99 % a beginning trainer...
Just annoying

laxiazn
13th January 2007, 1:05 AM
I like it when my rank goes up but its kinda pointless

miken park
13th January 2007, 4:44 AM
I sorta liked the banners when they were first created, but now it just kinda annoys me about the number of people who are posting one sentence posts to get up their banners, especially in the fan sprites area where nearly everyone just spams and posts "You rock, do more!10/10!!1!11eleventyone" And in the R/S/Fr/Lg forums, where EXACTLY the same thing is reapeted multiple times in the thread. =(

Although I do feel kinda good when mine goes up.=D
I've been here for a while too, so I know what it was like BEFORE the banners were introduced, and there wasn't so many spammers, and imo, the banners should be removed.

wtf I sounded stupid. o_o;;

indigestible_wad
13th January 2007, 6:54 AM
I'm not sure what you mean by banners. Do you mean advertizing their own banners or something else?

ImmortalKaine
13th January 2007, 8:49 AM
No. The picture underneath your custom title.

I think all people who have high ranks with high amounts of spam should be banned for being idiots.

It's pathetic the amount of people I see with high ranks (and high spam counts mind you) posting "OMG j00 4r3 t3h n00b! stfu and gtfo mutha fuxx0r!"

It makes me want to do things to them which I cannot state due to already receiving 7 infraction points for telling another user that I would do the unstated things to him.

FlyingTotodile
13th January 2007, 9:33 AM
I don't think it means anything but I like the rank anyway, it looks nice and is just a fun thing to have, I always like i when it gets higher but I wouldn't spam for it, I think it just depends on wot kinda person u are. I don't put anything on unless I have summit really good to say, so I'm only Cascade

Zerox
13th January 2007, 12:14 PM
I used to be on these forums a few years ago, and started getting kinda mift at the ranks because of spammers getting better ranks, or just general idiots who can't type properly. I know now that it really is just for show and a bit of fun, but it kinda drives people to spam for good ranks, and I feel that some may discriminate against others for it.
I personally don't feel that they're worth the spamming.

ImmortalKaine
13th January 2007, 12:25 PM
OMG yu ar the beest at dooing sprytes 10/10!!!!!!!!11one! - Noob
Wow, I like your picture, it is classy and was designed very well! On a scale of 10, I'd give it a 9.5/10. Keep up the good work *bashes noobs with Teh Noob Stick* - L33t

^That is the perfect example of how to tell a noob from a l33t

*Aipom*
13th January 2007, 12:39 PM
I like the banner because it reminds me of how many posts I've made

beroberto212
13th January 2007, 3:31 PM
Will there ever be D/P rankings

YellowHat
13th January 2007, 3:31 PM
I like ranks. It's just cool whenever it goes up. Come on, we've all had that little feeling of accomplishment when it happens, right? Its like earning badges, Serebii style! I even have a friend, Aqua Manafi, who makes rank levels for clubs, shops, whatever you want!

I also can't wait for the addition of Sinnoh ranks! Yay!

Aqua Manafi
13th January 2007, 3:46 PM
I like ranks. It's just cool whenever it goes up. Come on, we've all had that little feeling of accomplishment when it happens, right? Its like earning badges, Serebii style! I even have a friend, Aqua Manafi, who makes rank levels for clubs, shops, whatever you want!

I also can't wait for the addition of Sinnoh ranks! Yay!

I like ranks too, YellowHat said it for me, that we've all had a feeling of accomplishment when it goes up. Can't Wait for the Sinnoh Ranks ethier...

Poke doll
15th January 2007, 7:23 PM
Yes I can't wait for the shinoh ranks they will come when the game comes out in the us. Anyways ranks are very fun and when I get a new one I jump up and scream.

Canis Lupus
15th January 2007, 7:45 PM
I like ranks too, YellowHat said it for me, that we've all had a feeling of accomplishment when it goes up. Can't Wait for the Sinnoh Ranks ethier...

Of course, your ranks skyrocketed from a glitch. >.>

I enjoy seeing my rank go up, and I enjoy seeing others ranks go up. When I was new, I posted to make it go up, but now I post to share my thoughts and ideas.