PDA

View Full Version : Black Cat!

Mimori Kiryu
8th January 2007, 12:46 AM
Anyone read this series that's up to Volume 6? I've been buying it since it came out and I absolutely love it. Train's a great protagonist that really isn't one and Sven with Eve lighten the mood. xD So...anyone like it, hate it, whatever?

BattleFranky~40
8th January 2007, 12:47 AM
As generic as generic could ever possibly get.

Akaba
8th January 2007, 1:12 AM
The ending mirrors Trigun to a tee really.

Go read Beck. Only manga to ever make me NOT want to sleep, and keep me up for a night because I needed to see what would happen next. Actually, Death Note too. Yeah, Beck and Death Note.

Both tehmazing.

Mimori Kiryu
8th January 2007, 1:15 AM
Well, I think Black Cat is 'tehmazing'. So, yeah. I don't care if its generic or whatever. :D

Akaba
8th January 2007, 1:18 AM
Well, I think Black Cat is 'tehmazing'. So, yeah. I don't care if its generic or whatever. :D

Read the ending, it's pretty horrible.

Nothing really gets resolved. Evil doesn't horribly die for it's crimes and Train doesn't grow a beard, which ****** me off.

Mimori Kiryu
8th January 2007, 1:19 AM
I still like it...I mean, I like Inuyasha even though the ending was really terrible. x_x

BattleFranky~40
8th January 2007, 1:36 AM
I still like it...I mean, I like Inuyasha even though the ending was really terrible. x_x

Inuyasha has no ending.

Mimori Kiryu
8th January 2007, 1:43 PM
^Exactly my point. :3

Catalyst
8th January 2007, 9:44 PM
Go read Death Note.

I like how you say that in nearly all of your posts.

Btw, I'm reading Black Cat Viz translations, volume 6 is out already? Nice, I'll look out for it.

BattleFranky~40
8th January 2007, 9:52 PM

That's just how good it is.

ShinyManafi
8th January 2007, 10:00 PM
Black Cat's pretty cool, IMO.

HK
8th January 2007, 10:31 PM
As generic as generic could ever possibly get.

Word.

Oh, and Franky, going by your signature, do you like:

A) Coca Cola.
B) Range Murata's art.
C) Robot.
D) Sweaty anime girls.
E) Sweaty anime girls drinking coca cola in Robot drawn by Range Murata.
F) All of the above?

The ending mirrors Trigun to a tee really.

Actually more like the manga ending of Rurouni Kenshin, minus Train owning up and getting both the girl and a child of his own.

Go read Beck. Only manga to ever make me NOT want to sleep, and keep me up for a night because I needed to see what would happen next. Actually, Death Note too. Yeah, Beck and Death Note.

Both tehmazing.

DEATH NOTE FANBOY DETECTION SCALE IS OFF THE CHARTS, SIR!

Oh, and, uh, second the nomination of Beck and the first six and a half volumes of Death Note, though they aren't "tehamazing." And you're second sentence troubles me.

Ah, yeah, you're one of those folks that can find ANYTHING entertaining even if there is absolutely no redeeming quality about it at all and it can be mindless sh*t so as long as it amuses you.

... If I come off as condescending, well, I kind of am because it bothers me that there are people who can get off on garbage.

I should start doing that with Texhnolyze and The Wings of Honneamise. Seriously.

BattleFranky~40
8th January 2007, 10:37 PM
A) Coca Cola.
That's the right one. Cola gives me my SUPAH powers.

Though Range Murata is also good. Sweaty anime girls? Not so much.

Mimori Kiryu
9th January 2007, 2:11 PM
Ah, yeah, you're one of those folks that can find ANYTHING entertaining even if there is absolutely no redeeming quality about it at all and it can be mindless sh*t so as long as it amuses you.

... If I come off as condescending, well, I kind of am because it bothers me that there are people who can get off on garbage.I like Black Cat because of the story plot and the characters. Just because you say its garbage doesn't mean I have to say it is. Why is what you say automatically right? :rolleyes:

And I don't understand why Black Cat has no redeeming quality. It's a decent storyplot overall and no more generic than Death Note. Granted, I like Death Note, I've read about two volumes, but it seems pretty cliche to me.

BattleFranky~40
9th January 2007, 10:37 PM
Death Note actually has material that makes it different. Black Cat is not only cliche, but also a complete ripoff of many different materials.

The story is the typical fair, as well as the bland and boring characters. OMG a laid back guy who use to be a part of an evil organization! NEW AND EXCITING!

Mimori Kiryu
10th January 2007, 4:54 PM
What material is different in Death Note? Every manga is different and the characters all have different personalities and different ways they react to things. I like the characters in Black Cat, the relaxed atmosphere and then the villains come out and break in on everything, and then it's all relaxed again.

I personality like Black Cat. What's so wrong other than the story plot?

Catalyst
10th January 2007, 7:13 PM
OMG a laid back guy who use to be a part of an evil organization! NEW AND EXCITING!

You forgot his bold change, which only one female made him decide. >_>

Btw Death Note isn't completely original (http://comipress.com/article/2007/01/08/1287) either.

BattleFranky~40
10th January 2007, 9:42 PM
What material is different in Death Note? Every manga is different and the characters all have different personalities and different ways they react to things. I like the characters in Black Cat, the relaxed atmosphere and then the villains come out and break in on everything, and then it's all relaxed again.

I personality like Black Cat. What's so wrong other than the story plot?

Except there was nothing to differientiate the characters of Black Cat. They were bland and done several times prior to its release, and done better.

Everything's wrong with it.

HK
15th January 2007, 2:14 AM
I like Black Cat because of the story plot and the characters. Just because you say its garbage doesn't mean I have to say it is. Why is what you say automatically right? :rolleyes:

Not everything I say is automatically right. It's that what bothers me is that someone can say that Napolean Dynamite is more intelligent as a comedy than Dr. Strangelove, because people want to rebel against "elitist snobs" that quality entertainment is subjective. That's a load of BS, in my mind, because relativism is flawed in its foundation, honestly.

And I don't understand why Black Cat has no redeeming quality. It's a decent storyplot overall and no more generic than Death Note. Granted, I like Death Note, I've read about two volumes, but it seems pretty cliche to me.

It'd be entertaining and worthwhile if you have little to no exposure to the shounen genre of manga. For those that do, however, see that is uses every cliché in the genre, and doesn't use it to its advantage.

And as for Death Note being cliché as Black Cat, I'd like to ask where you get that opinion from, because as overrated as Death Note is, it does it its fair share of literary merit for what its worth.