PDA

View Full Version : Which manga do you not like?

umbreloom
15th January 2007, 2:00 AM
i really dont like yugioh after volume 7. the duels are really boring and same with the ancient stuff. also i"s is really perverted, so i dont liek it.

BattleFranky~40
15th January 2007, 2:17 AM
Inuyasha
Yu-Gi-Oh
Black Cat
DNA²
Beyblade
Cowboy Bebop
S-CRY-ed
Naruto Part II
Beet the Vandel Buster
DearS
Groove Adventure RAVE
Elemental Gelade
Samurai Deeper Kyo
Basilisk
Love Hina
Haruhi Suzumiya
Tsubasa Chronicle
xxxHolic
High School Girls
Ikki Tousen
Rozen Maiden
Tenjho Tenge
Girls Bravo

To name a couple

umbreloom
15th January 2007, 2:19 AM
i forgot to say this, but try to explain too. yeah i agree with you for all but black cat, cowboy bebop and naruto.

BattleFranky~40
15th January 2007, 2:27 AM
i forgot to say this, but try to explain too. yeah i agree with you for all but black cat, cowboy bebop and naruto.

Black Cat is one of the most generic pieces of crap ever.

And have you ever read the Cowboy Bebop manga? It's horrible.

umbreloom
15th January 2007, 2:32 AM
oh i just watched the anime of cowboy bebop. i thot the manga was the same.

Catalyst
15th January 2007, 2:32 AM
Inuyasha
Yu-Gi-Oh Card dueling part crap.
Love Hina

And I am spent, though I really don't like Bleach's current arc. =|

BattleFranky~40
15th January 2007, 2:34 AM
And I am spent, though I really don't like Bleach's current arc. =|

If you liked Soul Society, you'd like the current arc.

Since it's pretty much the same, but with a girl with breasts the size of watermelons instead of a girl who looked like a man at first.

Catalyst
15th January 2007, 2:37 AM
Soul Society actually got us somewhere and was the first time for something like that for Bleach, we didn't need it... again.

UberSorcerer
15th January 2007, 2:37 AM
FMA-I just find the whole franchise boring and depressing, also slower than Naruto
One Piece-I realy dislike Oda's style, I'd want a novelisation though.
Transformers Anything Japanese-Japan+Transformers Stories=Painful, with the exception of Galaxy Force
Inuyasha-Goes nowere slowly.

BattleFranky~40
15th January 2007, 2:38 AM
First time for what? A generic rescue arc?

And the current arc will definatly go somewhere, it's just that currently it is at the filler fight stage. Like at the 'Ichigo vs. Ikkaku' point.

Oda's style is actually UNIQUE and fun to look at. Plus, the backgrounds are by far the most detailed of the Big 3.

HK
15th January 2007, 2:40 AM
also i"s is really perverted, so i dont liek it.

It's a shounen romance, so it's going to appeal to the hormonal male teens. Yet, the thing about I"s, from what little I've read, it actually bothers to be decent in its romance and comedy elements unluck overdone and mundane... "material" such as Love Hina and Strawberry 100% (now licensed by Viz, so new title, folks).

Tenjho Tenge

Bah, it has pretty art, good fights, and some occasionally humorous moments worth chuckling at, so Tenjho Tenge at least earns a "pass."

And, uh, as for manga I don't personally like? Well, aside from what BattleFranky~40 already mentioned, I'm not hawt on anything past the initial introduction arc in Bleach except for Zanpanchi, Yoruichi, Shinji, and Grimmjow. Sadamoto's manga adaption of Evangelion, which while decent in its own right, screws around with the characterization so much that the characters outside of Kaji either get too little screen time and their personalities developed not enough or unrealistically (manga-Rei, I'm looking at you). The two romance dating-sim manga adaptions of the games are even worse in that department.

The Elfen Lied manga has horrible art at the beginning, and while it is at least tolerable seventy-some chapters later (ho-ho-ho), it doesn't keep it from being generic while being riddled with pointless fanservice. Hunter X Hunter, while enjoyable in the YorkNew arc, is pretty much a run-of-the-mill generic shounen manga, and MÄR is the same case. And while I wouldn't say I dislike, the Golden Boy manga just isn't as funny as the Golden Boy anime.

Though, none of these manga are anywhere near as atrocious as Tough. I bought all six volumes released by Viz unknowning and gave them the benefit of the doubt since it was on their Editor's Choice line. I was cheated out of sixty bucks.

BattleFranky~40
15th January 2007, 2:43 AM
Hunter x Hunter is still one of the best shounen out there, despite being slightly generic (really, what shounen isn't generic?). I know some may hate it for this, but I love how it actually goes into detail about things.

Also, I can respect Strawberry 100% for at least being somewhat unpredictable.

HK
15th January 2007, 2:45 AM
FMA-I just find the whole franchise boring and depressing, also slower than Naruto

... Huh? I request an explanation for this.

But it would lack the enthusiasm that Oda puts in pretty much every page of One Piece. And I'm still not getting why people don't like the art, unless they can't stand cartoons since One Piece would work more with that type of classification.

Hunter x Hunter is still one of the best shounen out there, despite being slightly generic (really, what shounen isn't generic?). I know some may hate it for this, but I love how it actually goes into detail about things.

The explanations and details are nice and all, though they go over into detail. Hunter X Hunter also lacks the general innovativeness that others like Fullmetal Alchemist, D.Gray-man, and One Piece have, and doesn't really present any truly good ideas for its genre.

zonic the hedgehog
15th January 2007, 2:46 AM
Ouran High school Host Club - As much as I kinda like the anime, the manga is BORING.

DearS - Why do I have to read another version of Chobits?

Inuyasha - Too repetitive and never caught my interest.

Cross Hunter - Quite possibly the worst manga ever made in history. I'M SERIOUS. (http://forums.narutofan.com/showthread.php?t=172249) Not only is the art horrible, but it's almost completely plagiarizes Dragonball.

D. Gray-man Doujinshis - So help me if I have to see another OOC doujinshi with Allen x Kanda (he belongs with Lenali, damn it!). God, pair Kanda with Rabi or something (I don't give a crap of what they do). e_e;;

The later parts of Hunter x Hunter - I'm talking about when the art begins to stink. x_x

2nd part of Death Note - Ending sucked.

I know there are plenty more, but Franky listed a lot that I also dislike, so no point in further elaboration.

really, what shounen isn't generic?)

Keroro Gunsou. :|

BattleFranky~40
15th January 2007, 2:49 AM
The later parts of Hunter x Hunter - I'm talking about when the art begins to stink. x_x

Try reading the volume releases. They clean up the art.

Keroro Gunsou. :|
Slice of life comedy featuring frogs and parodies.

umbreloom
15th January 2007, 2:51 AM
[QUOTE=zonic the hedgehog;5299594][COLOR=lemonchiffon]

D. Gray-man Doujinshis - So help me if I have to see another OOC doujinshi with Allen x Kanda (he belongs with Lenali, damn it!). God, pair Kanda with Rabi or something (I don't give a crap of what they do). e_e;;

what? wats doujinshis? wats ooc?

BattleFranky~40
15th January 2007, 2:53 AM

Fan-made manga. Usually pr0n-related.

zonic the hedgehog
15th January 2007, 2:55 AM
Try reading the volume releases. They clean up the art.

I tend to read the ones that come almost right after the RAW, so I never read those (I've stopped reading the series a month ago, so I think I can start doing that now... maybe).

Slice of life comedy featuring frogs and parodies.

Makes me feel good inside. ^________^

Compared to so many shounen, it has some actual humor and is generally fun to read (anime is great to watch as well).

Doujinshi is fan-made manga based off another manga (so it's stuff that a fan of a certain manga makes).

OOC means 'Out of character', which most doujinshi that feature popular series usually have. Read any Naruto doujinshi and you'll find the characters acting NOTHING like they would on the show or manga.
They usually become horny little b*stards in doujinshi for people they shouldn't have an interest for love.

I mean, WTF, there are Sasuke x Kakashi and Iruka x Kakashi doujinshi (this one being REALLY popular for whatever reason), that makes no sense. o_O

Although I'm all for Naruto x Sasuke... XD

Blackjack Gabbiani
15th January 2007, 2:57 AM
I really couldn't stand Naruto. I thought it was boring and predictable.

BattleFranky~40
15th January 2007, 3:00 AM
I tend to read the ones that come almost right after the RAW, so I never read those (I've stopped reading the series a month ago, so I think I can start doing that now... maybe).
Not like there's much of a rush, since we'll probably never get the next chapter.

HK
15th January 2007, 3:08 AM
Ouran High school Host Club - As much as I kinda like the anime, the manga is BORING.

Can I get another vouch for this? I'm looking into this series since I'm slowly growing more fond of better written shoujo, but I'd at least like to know where my priorities can lie here.

"Shipping, it's what you do."

... Uh, my feelings on that subject aside, don'tcha know that yaoi is the thing that's in right now? Them car-wazy fangirls need that wonderful dosage of out of character fictional cartoon males getting in on with that smexy butt sex.

Doujinshi is fan-made manga based off another manga (so it's stuff that a fan of a certain manga makes).

Bzzt. Wrong. Doujinshi are "unofficial" manga that are commonly put out just for fans at conventions. There is a mixture of both doujinshi that is based on pre-existing material, and then there is doujinshi that is original material. Haibane Renmei, the anime, is based on an original doujinshi by Yoshitoshi ABe.

That Scary Clefairy
15th January 2007, 3:11 AM
Bah, it has pretty art, good fights, and some occasionally humorous moments worth chuckling at, so Tenjho Tenge at least earns a "pass."
That's why i do like it. i take breaks from indepth stories for more unique art style and stuff for enjoyment

And while I wouldn't say I dislike, the Golden Boy manga just isn't as funny as the Golden Boy anime.

because you can't hear Doug Smith's voice when reading the manga. lol

BattleFranky~40
15th January 2007, 3:13 AM
because you can't hear Doug Smith's voice when reading the manga. lol
You can if you record his voice and pretend that he is saying what you're reading.

That Scary Clefairy
15th January 2007, 3:15 AM
You can if you record his voice and pretend that he is saying what you're reading.

that what i do. I dunno if HK does it though.

zonic the hedgehog
15th January 2007, 3:17 AM
"Shipping, it's what you do."

... Uh, my feelings on that subject aside, don'tcha know that yaoi is the thing that's in right now? Them car-wazy fangirls need that wonderful dosage of out of character fictional cartoon males getting in on with that smexy butt sex.

It just ticks me off that it makes no sense and just CAN'T fit into the storyline anywhere.

Allen and Kanda only see each other in the beginning of the manga and during a very brief moment in the latest arc. That's it.

It's damn impossible for that to ever happen.

At least with something like Sasuke x Naruto it can kind of make sense (of course, I'm just there for the smut. Damn me for being a fangirl...).

BattleFranky~40
15th January 2007, 3:18 AM
Shipping doesn't need to make sense.

Like Sasuke x Hinata. They see each other for a grand total of NEVER. Does that mean it doesn't have fans? No.

HK
15th January 2007, 3:18 AM
that what i do. I dunno if HK does it though.

The only time I'd go that far would be to record one of Ogata's inhuman screams when reading the Evangelion, if only to make it worthwhile other than the art.

zonic the hedgehog
15th January 2007, 3:23 AM
Shipping doesn't need to make sense.

Like Sasuke x Hinata. They see each other for a grand total of NEVER. Does that mean it doesn't have fans? No.

Oh, they just make some alternate universe where it somehow makes sense, I guess.

I was never a fan of anything in fanfiction/doujinshi in alternate universes (art can work out well in this area, though. XP).

Crossovers are pretty bad, though. They will only be good if it has the best characters from every manga that was ever worth reading (I should write about it! :O ).

UberSorcerer
15th January 2007, 10:44 AM
... Huh? I request an explanation for this.

I just find the anime and manga unable to keep me drawn in, sorry if I am weird, might just be me, as I can be kept with .HACK//SIGN and Naruto.

But it would lack the enthusiasm that Oda puts in pretty much every page of One Piece. And I'm still not getting why people don't like the art, unless they can't stand cartoons since One Piece would work more with that type of classification.

I am not going to say it's not a good read, that'd be a lie, it has a fantastic story for a Shonen story, but Luffy, Nico and the East Blue females realy bug me visualy.

Reply in quote, bolded.

BattleFranky~40
15th January 2007, 10:56 AM
I am not going to say it's not a good read, that'd be a lie, it has a fantastic story for a Shonen story, but Luffy, Nico and the East Blue females realy bug me visualy.

Which Nico are you referring to? Either way, there is nothing wrong with either of their designs. And while most of the women now suffer from "Nami Syndrome", the designs are still great.

Also, what's wrong with Luffy's design? Not generic enough for a Shounen protagonist?

UberSorcerer
15th January 2007, 12:15 PM
Which Nico are you referring to? Either way, there is nothing wrong with either of their designs. And while most of the women now suffer from "Nami Syndrome", the designs are still great.

Also, what's wrong with Luffy's design? Not generic enough for a Shounen protagonist?

The big cheesy grin.

BattleFranky~40
15th January 2007, 12:28 PM
Grins?

http://www.gamealbums.com/images/n-1-hi.jpg
http://members.aol.com/animeman4/links/dbz.gif

Why hate a character design because he grins alot?

UberSorcerer
15th January 2007, 3:20 PM
Um, those characters grins/smiles are propotioned correctly to the heads, Luffy's isn't, mostly because his head seems perfectly round it just looks freaking weird to me. Please, no one tell me his teeth can strech too... *shudders* After the EVERY part of Buggy can seperate, that'd be the last thing I need to hear.

Naruto isn't a great example of good art either, Team 10 and Rock Lee look realy out of whack, pitty, they are my fave characters.

BattleFranky~40
15th January 2007, 3:38 PM
Naruto's art was awesome Pre-Time Skip.

And Luffy is SUPPOSED to look cartoon like. That's Oda's general style.

-Sonansu!-
15th January 2007, 3:45 PM
Um, those characters grins/smiles are propotioned correctly to the heads, Luffy's isn't, mostly because his head seems perfectly round it just looks freaking weird to me. Please, no one tell me his teeth can strech too... *shudders* After the EVERY part of Buggy can seperate, that'd be the last thing I need to hear.

Naruto isn't a great example of good art either, Team 10 and Rock Lee look realy out of whack, pitty, they are my fave characters.

Can't really down a series because of the way one character (out of hundreds and hundreds of them) looks. That doesn't make a lot of sense. Other than Luffy (who's drawn in a sorta cute, dopey style for a reason) the other characters in OP have pretty cool designs. I'm not a big fan of OP, still, but whatever.

Naruto's art is great up until the time skip, then it becomes very lazy as not nearly as detailed. Plus, somehow the characters look insanely ugly compared to before. Can't even look at Sai without almost cringing.

He had an illness, yet still wanted to cater to the HxH fans. Is that so wrong? :P

Manga I don't really like? I'd have to think on that one. I thought Inuyasha was rather boring, and I didn't like the first volumes of certain other manga, but ended up liking most of those series later on. Gundam Wing was a pretty boring manga for me as well.

Chaozaru
15th January 2007, 3:55 PM
Lesse...

Later MAR chapters + MAR Omega: As the tournament goes on the good guys start winning every fight and the battles get more and more similar. Got good for a bit after that, but I really didn't like the ending and Omega is kind of crappy so far.

Berserk: I've never been able to like it and I have absolutely no idea why.

Inu Yasha: *insert general anti-Inu Yasha reasoning here, nothing new to be said really*

Koi Koi 7: Slightly better than the anime, in the sense that sometimes it doesn't make my brain bleed.

Otherwise, things I dislike generally just kind of bore me and/or I stay away from them.

BattleFranky~40
15th January 2007, 4:01 PM
Naruto's art is great up until the time skip, then it becomes very lazy as not nearly as detailed. Plus, somehow the characters look insanely ugly compared to before. Can't even look at Sai without almost cringing.

Mainly due to the fact that Kishi doesn't even draw it anymore and is completely made using computer.

Berserk: I've never been able to like it and I have absolutely no idea why.
You must be insane in the membrane.

Chaozaru
15th January 2007, 4:14 PM
Yeah, pretty much. I can definitely see why other people would like it and why they think it's good, but it's one series I've just never been able to get in to for some reason.

UberSorcerer
15th January 2007, 4:32 PM
Naruto's art was awesome Pre-Time Skip.

And Luffy is SUPPOSED to look cartoon like. That's Oda's general style.

*Looks at Beginning Chunnin Exams Shikamaru and Ino in the manga, then anime* Either they are supposed to be ugly and the anime can't capture it, or he advanced alot on the designs for them in part two.

And I think that is my problem, I like his writing, find his style irritating to the eyes, especialy Ussop and Bon Clay... and Nami/generic female #, gawd, to be honest, Zol/ro and Croc are the only characters that are human that I find nice to look at, and Sanji to an extent, some, like Franky and Tr/Ace, their quirks in design are nice though. I must admit, even though they are horrable to look at, the Fishmen are interesting aswell visualy. I guess I just don't like "cartoony". Meh, still better than a live action one.

Rex Kamex
15th January 2007, 5:53 PM
(really, what shounen isn't generic?)

Bobobo-bo Bo-bobo? The only real thing generic about it is that it's a comedy manga.

Well, the smile is definitely better than it would look like if it were a frown...

Sachiko
15th January 2007, 7:05 PM
Well, the smile is definitely better than it would look like if it were a frown...

Why??

Oda's style of drawing?? Well, I think it is okay, but sometimes I don't like it, because... uh... several reasons.
Some of them:

1. Sometimes, characters, especially women, look too skinny.
2. Ms. Monday.
3. The mouths/tongues are drawn too big sometimes.
4. Ms. Monday.
5. For some characters, the lips are fully outlined, which I don't like at all.
6. Ms. Monday.

Don't get me wrong, I still like One Piece a lot, and there's stuff I don't like about other shonen manga.

THIS is why I find refuge in shojo manga, where the art always looks "pretty".

ISN'T LIFE GREAT???!!

Anyway, Manga I don't like?? Everything I've bought so far, I have continuously bought volumes... so I like it, then. ...Except Sgt Frog (Keroro gunso.) Maybe that is one I sort of dislike? I'm not sure. It's the only one I have stopped buying after the first volume. I MIGHT buy it again, though. It's just that I liked the 1st volume, but the fanservice drove me crazy. It was so annoying that I stopped buying Sgt frog. That is really unusual for me... to stop buying something because of fanservice?? I dunno. It was just... irritating.

crimsoneagle
15th January 2007, 7:07 PM
i hate bobobobbobobobbo wutever his name is

Sachiko
15th January 2007, 7:15 PM
WHY do you hate Bo-Bo-Bo? It's great!! It's hilarious.

BattleFranky~40
15th January 2007, 7:46 PM
That's hilarious.

Flame Haze SnS
15th January 2007, 8:50 PM

^Refuge? Don't you mean refuse?

Yeah, I really don't like Shojo manga, despise its good storyline. I find it horrid that most of girls in those mangas look like boys. *shudders* Heck, even boys look like girls!

Ridley-X4
15th January 2007, 8:56 PM
but the fanservice drove me crazy. irritating.

Then Eiken would be a living hell to you.

http://img441.imageshack.us/img441/2889/emainvisualnd2.gif

You know, I never really liked Eiken, both manga and anime. I like fanservice but too much just screws it all up.

That Scary Clefairy
15th January 2007, 9:01 PM
shoujo story are just as if not more cliche than shounen stories.

BattleFranky~40
16th January 2007, 12:03 AM

But overall, Shoujo is better than Shounen, and has more "good" manga that stands above the usual crap.

Yeah, I really don't like Shojo manga, despise its good storyline. I find it horrid that most of girls in those mangas look like boys. *shudders* Heck, even boys look like girls!
Name me 3 shoujo manga where the girls look like boys.

Then Eiken would be a living hell to you.
Eiken is a living hell for everybody.

That Scary Clefairy
16th January 2007, 12:08 AM
But overall, Shoujo is better than Shounen, and has more "good" manga that stands above the usual crap.

not too much the story structure i'm talking about but the moral theme Shoujo have that are cliche.

Rozen Maiden
16th January 2007, 12:40 AM
Bleach, I got bored like 50 chapters in, it's unforgivably long, too.

BattleFranky~40
16th January 2007, 12:42 AM

Bleach is the shortest so far of the Big 3.

UberSorcerer
16th January 2007, 1:48 AM

True, Luffy frowning looks is even worse.

zonic the hedgehog
16th January 2007, 4:48 AM
Anyway, Manga I don't like?? Everything I've bought so far, I have continuously bought volumes... so I like it, then. ...Except Sgt Frog (Keroro gunso.) Maybe that is one I sort of dislike? I'm not sure. It's the only one I have stopped buying after the first volume. I MIGHT buy it again, though. It's just that I liked the 1st volume, but the fanservice drove me crazy. It was so annoying that I stopped buying Sgt frog. That is really unusual for me... to stop buying something because of fanservice?? I dunno. It was just... irritating.

I find it hilarious that you think Keroro Gunsou has too much fanservice.

It's pretty tame in that area (well, okay, you wouldn't like Volume 3, since it's a lot more excessive). I haven't seen much fanservice at all after Volume 3.

The anime has even less fanservice (which is just people taking baths, but it isn't really like fanservice), so maybe you should watch that.

Watch many other anime and you'll see that there are some that are pretty much ALL fanservice from beginning to end.
Green Green, Eiken, Love Hina, and so much more.

That's not really long. Read any manga that has above 50 volumes. THAT is long, and if you are just starting out, it would probably take a few months just to catch up.

Bleach being the shortest of the big three, it would probably take me a week or two to be up the current chapters (seeing as how I don't read the manga nor do have much interest in the series as a whole... kinda more into Zombie Powder, even if that series is probably never going to continue).

Catalyst
16th January 2007, 10:27 PM
I don't really like Keroro Gunso either, it's pretty boring, and just... not funny. I even forced myself to read the first volume I bought, seriously, I've never had this trouble with a manga before.

Flame Haze SnS
17th January 2007, 4:07 AM
Name me 3 shoujo manga where the girls look like boys.

Crimson Hero
Nana

Those are the only things I could think of at this moment. Those are from Shojo Beat. Can't believe I wasted my money on 1 year membership. >_>

BattleFranky~40
17th January 2007, 4:10 AM
Crimson Hero
Nana

Those are the only things I could think of at this moment. Those are from Shojo Beat. Can't believe I wasted my money on 1 year membership. >_>

I don't recall any men who look like girls in NANA.

Metrosexuals, yes, but men who looks like women? No.

Flame Haze SnS
17th January 2007, 4:18 AM
I don't recall any men who look like girls in NANA.

Metrosexuals, yes, but men who looks like women? No.

Maybe, but in my perspective, Nobu and Shin from Nana are males, but look like females.

BattleFranky~40
17th January 2007, 8:12 AM
That's quite the scary definition of girl you have there if you consider them to look like girls.

Catalyst
17th January 2007, 5:51 PM
Sounds like obvious Visual Kei. >_>

zonic the hedgehog
17th January 2007, 9:06 PM
I don't really like Keroro Gunso either, it's pretty boring, and just... not funny. I even forced myself to read the first volume I bought, seriously, I've never had this trouble with a manga before.

Yeah... you read the first volume.
That totally represents the other 12 volumes in the series.

I wasn't too fond of the first volume myself (seeing as not much actually happened), but the later ones are worth it.

(Don't tell me you think Keroro punching George Bush and Al Gore isn't funny? o_o)

If it weren't for Tamama and Kururu I wouldn't even read it. <3

Catalyst
18th January 2007, 9:15 PM
Yeah... you read the first volume.

First volume is usually the first impression for a manga series, I might give it a second chance, as long as it gets more interesting than what it was. =/

charizardpal
20th January 2007, 4:47 AM
I tried rading Trigun but shonen action in manga is too haphazard to follow. I also tried reading Fruits Basket. I could never get into that manga...I couldn't stand how someone would turn into an animal and talk with someone for minutes about their inermost fears and feelings while knowing that at any secound they could transform back into their naked human form. That's my complaint with 'shoujo' manga.

Outlawz
20th January 2007, 7:40 AM
InuYasha, boring, slow, yadda yadda yadda, you guys already know why it sucks, no real need to explain.

Skeith
20th January 2007, 12:19 PM
My cat Loki - its a very dull manga aboat an artist who finds a cat that looks like his dead cat.

Pita ten - the main charater annoys the heck out me

HK
20th January 2007, 9:06 PM
He had an illness, yet still wanted to cater to the HxH fans. Is that so wrong? :P

Last I heard he was just downright lazy. I don't have the source with me, but apparently he has been referred to as "one of, if not the laziest manga-ka in this current era."

In general, shoujo can be as generic as shounen, but most good shounen are sad cases compared to good shoujo.

not too much the story structure i'm talking about but the moral theme Shoujo have that are cliche.

... "Moral theme"?

Nana

BOO, GOOD SIR, BOO!

I tried rading Trigun but shonen action in manga is too haphazard to follow. I also tried reading Fruits Basket. I could never get into that manga...I couldn't stand how someone would turn into an animal and talk with someone for minutes about their inermost fears and feelings while knowing that at any secound they could transform back into their naked human form. That's my complaint with 'shoujo' manga.

1) The image in your signature is too big.

2) Trigun/Trigun Maximum has dreadful action sequences in the manga for majority of the fights in that they're near impossible to follow, but the characterization and plot make up for it.

3) Thank the Christian God, Fruits Basket does not represent shoujo manga. Do not have this misconception if you do.

That Scary Clefairy
21st January 2007, 5:30 AM
Last I heard he was just downright lazy. I don't have the source with me, but apparently he has been referred to as "one of, if not the laziest manga-ka in this current era."

I always thought Hirano Khota was the laziest.

... "Moral theme"?

yea. Many, if not the majority, of Shoujo have that damn same theme running around. too many of em for me to list. but they have that damn same similarity to each other.

blueguy
28th January 2007, 8:37 PM
When I used to read Shonen Jump I always hated Yu Yu Hakusho. I just really hated the art style and found it boring.

Blaze Dragon
28th January 2007, 10:25 PM
Yu-Gi-Oh!: The first part was good, however the card games part was boring IMO

Also, what are the big 3? Dragon Ball, One Piece and Bleach?

That Scary Clefairy
28th January 2007, 10:53 PM

Naruto, One Piece, Bleach.

all three have powerful influence directly from the "Great Toriyama-sama"

BattleFranky~40
28th January 2007, 10:53 PM
When I used to read Shonen Jump I always hated Yu Yu Hakusho. I just really hated the art style and found it boring.

Yeah, YYH's art was crap. That's why anyone interested in it should watch the anime.

Naruto, Bleach, and One Piece. Dragon Ball's time has long past.

Hakuryuu
30th January 2007, 1:19 AM
I don't like Naruto. I'm sorry, but the character design and plot isn't appealing to me.

Catalyst
30th January 2007, 5:13 PM
Naruto, One Piece, Bleach.

all three have powerful influence directly from the "Great Toriyama-sama"

When did Kubo Tite say "I was inspired by Toriyama" apart from actually being DBZ with swords, the closest thing to it was Toriyama telling Kubo not to give up when he was knocked back for showing SJ the prototype of Bleach, IIRC.

BattleFranky~40
30th January 2007, 7:08 PM
When did Kubo Tite say "I was inspired by Toriyama" apart from actually being DBZ with swords, the closest thing to it was Toriyama telling Kubo not to give up when he was knocked back for showing SJ the prototype of Bleach, IIRC.

Kubo, along with many other artists, has shown his true inner 'DBZ fanboy' by drawing DBZ characters in his own style.

http://i32.photobucket.com/albums/d46/JoelBurger/KuboTite.jpg

Like most modern Shounen artists, DB has impacted him in some way. Toriyama also got SJ to accept Bleach in the first place.

That Scary Clefairy
30th January 2007, 8:47 PM
exactly my point.

Catalyst
30th January 2007, 9:43 PM
Kubo, along with many other artists, has shown his true inner 'DBZ fanboy' by drawing DBZ characters in his own style.

http://i32.photobucket.com/albums/d46/JoelBurger/KuboTite.jpg

Like most modern Shounen artists, DB has impacted him in some way. Toriyama also got SJ to accept Bleach in the first place.

That just shows he was a fan of the series, doesn't show he was inspired to create his own series.

That Scary Clefairy
30th January 2007, 10:44 PM
All three were Toriyama nuts. Period.

UberSorcerer
31st January 2007, 1:09 AM
Which realy explains why Naruto kinda follows DB timing, sad the in that thought, Zabuza and Haku become the Pilaf, Mai and Shu of the series, and Naruto lacks Krillin... I say that Part II will lead into adulthood and become Evil Ninja of the season, er Z. Atleast One Piece has it's own pacing. Anyone need it explained how so far DB=Naruto, I'll reply.

Shindou-kun
1st February 2007, 9:46 PM
i Absol-utely Hate Kingdom Hearts! The Video Game As Much As The Manga!!!;350;

UberSorcerer
2nd February 2007, 12:19 AM
I agree Shidou Kun, and the second one is worse because of the common fact

Disney Sequels are horrid.

littlestchristian13
2nd February 2007, 12:25 AM
i like I luv halloween, but we could go without the perversion, o i kinda don't like it, but i love the murder and gore! Finch is cute too ^-^

HK
2nd February 2007, 7:33 PM
I always thought Hirano Khota was the laziest.

Togashi has him beat, it seems.

yea. Many, if not the majority, of Shoujo have that damn same theme running around. too many of em for me to list. but they have that damn same similarity to each other.

... Drama? Relationship problems? Becoming a stronger person? I don't see what the problem is. There's nothing really new to tackle in terms of what can be done thematically, and lacking thematic complexity doesn't mean the story is bad, not by any means. I've come across more shoujo that are better executed than shounen by leagues, and while there is only one shounen series that I'm interested in that I haven't yet to read (Kekkaishi, if I recall the correct spelling), there is at least a dozen shoujo series that I personally want to look into. And don't get me started on the lack of appreciation for josei manga because that's a genre that will NEVER get the amount of respect that it deserves.

After all, it's not like themes are never repeated in fiction. [/Understatement of the decade.]

Shindou-kun
2nd February 2007, 9:51 PM

Disney Sequels are horrid.disney is bad enough. they definitely shouldn't have merged with anime. They fail at life.;350;

Alkaide
2nd February 2007, 9:57 PM
I don't like:
Inuyasha
Yu-Gi-Oh
Beyblade
Beet the Vandel Buster
and Dragon Ball/Z

Shindou-kun
2nd February 2007, 10:00 PM
yea beyblade is so pointless >.>;350;

That Scary Clefairy
3rd February 2007, 6:20 AM
disney is bad enough. they definitely shouldn't have merged with anime. They fail at life.;350;

Without Disney, your presicious anime wouldn't come out in golden light. Wheather you want to believe it or not, Disney always had the superior animation. Watch the movements between most anime and disney& Warner Brothers(and Tex Avery too).

UberSorcerer
3rd February 2007, 9:21 AM
Hmm, tad wrong there, Disney was created because Walt liked Tezuka's drawing style and anime started because of what disney could do. THEY ARE BROTHERU!!! lol.

Pokerob
3rd February 2007, 9:22 AM
I thought beyblade the anime was so bad the merchandise itself was much better then the anime. The anime just cheapened it if you asked me.

That Scary Clefairy
4th February 2007, 5:00 AM
Hmm, tad wrong there, Disney was created because Walt liked Tezuka's drawing style and anime started because of what disney could do. THEY ARE BROTHERU!!! lol.

Walt created Disney before Tezuka begin even starting manga. Disney was started in 30's. anime/manga was starting until late 40's.

pokemaster 13
8th February 2007, 10:01 PM

Disney Sequels are horrid. not all of them.well the ones that weren't made to get money.anyway,kh is one of the most original(concept wise) game in history.yep i said it.that idea of putting ff characters in a game with disney characters,along with original characters and some original worlds astounded me.if it wasn't for disney,I wouldn't probably know what anime is or what final fanasty was. back on topic,I really don't hate a manga.trinity blood both manga and show that i don't like but i don't hate the manga.

That Scary Clefairy
9th February 2007, 3:08 AM
trinity blood both manga and show that i don't like but i don't hate the manga.

Read the original novel as that's the best. You'll missing half the characters in the anime/manga that the novel originally has.

Kitsune Winterheart
10th February 2007, 1:51 PM
I don't like from...
Yu-Gi-Oh
Ranma ½
Beyblade
Dr. Slump
Dragon Ball Z

dabou
11th February 2007, 1:39 AM
Yu-Gi-Oh! Sucked really bad when they started dueling too much. The rest (including spinoffs) are alright.

Beyblade was a sorry excuse for a anime, but as a manga, I spent 6 hours vomiting after reading a page. My docter prescribed me to no more beyblade.

BattleFranky~40
11th February 2007, 1:56 AM
I hate Bayblade, Sgt. Frog, and Yugioh. I love FruitBaskets.

Oh yeah, FruBa. That really generic and boring shoujo.

BattleFranky~40
11th February 2007, 3:40 AM
Oh yeah, that was a total waste of your time........if I knew I wouldnt get banned, I would lay the cuss'in on ya thick.

Oh snap, I better run and hide.

I see you can't provide reasons for it actually being good.

BattleFranky~40
11th February 2007, 3:45 AM
I like Fruitbaskets because it has a cool story line, but I dislike Sgt. Frog and Bayblade.
The storyline is terrible.

Also, who are you talking about up there? You must be on crack.
Stating the obvious.

BattleFranky~40
11th February 2007, 3:48 AM
Dude, little girl or what ever you are, its an opinion thread. Dont talk like my opinion doesnt matter. So be a good girl ok?

Your opinion doesn't matter, as it is terrible.

That Scary Clefairy
11th February 2007, 3:54 AM
Why are people still calling Battle Franky a girl??

BattleFranky~40
11th February 2007, 3:55 AM

Because I'm a pretty little girl, obviously. Duh.

+Rhapsody+
11th February 2007, 4:08 AM

Apparently many people think so, too.

Outlawz
11th February 2007, 4:26 AM

Because Musashi's in his avatar, thats the only reason I can think of, because a guy having a girl on there avatar is completely unacceptable.

That Scary Clefairy
11th February 2007, 4:28 AM
OOOHHHH Pedolicious!

Xeice
11th February 2007, 4:29 AM
Because Musashi's in his avatar, thats the only reason I can think of, because a guy having a girl on there avatar is completely unacceptable.

Exactly.

Most people know that since I have Mewtwo as my avatar, I am in fact, a Mewtwo.......

BattleFranky~40
11th February 2007, 4:44 AM
OOOHHHH Pedolicious!

Excuse me

*quickly runs away*

Ugobama
11th February 2007, 7:27 AM
Zelda: Oracle of Seasons

The whole Kingdom Heart series

All Digimon manga

Mr. Guerilla
14th February 2007, 12:19 AM
Yugioh is the manga I hate the most!!!!!
It completely sucks!!!!!!