PDA

View Full Version : My Eevee-lutions deck v2

NekoMalik
16th January 2007, 1:23 PM
Hi all, this is my new Eevee deck, since the old one was from the original few sets and was more than a little out of date! A friend of mine has tweaked this already, adding the Pidgeot line and rare candies and taking a few things out;

Pokemon (18)

4 Eevee (EX Delta Species, 'Call For Family' version)
2 Flareon (EX Unseen Forces)
2 Vaporeon (EX Unseen Forces)
1 Jolteon (EX Unseen Forces)
1 Jolteon EX (EX Delta Species)

3 Jirachi (EX Deoxys)

2 Pidgey (EX Fire Red & Leaf Green)
1 Pidgeotto (EX Fire Red & Leaf Green)
2 Pidgeot (EX Fire Red & Leaf Green)

Trainers (23)

3 Rare Candy (EX Emerald)
4 Professor Elm's Training Method (EX Unseen Forces)
4 Celio's Network (EX Crystal Guardians)
1 Pokemon Retriever (EX Team Rocket Returns)
2 Surprise! Time Machine (EX Team Rocket Returns)
3 Wally's Training (EX Emerald)
2 TV Reporter (EX Dragon Frontiers)
4 Mr Stone's Project (EX Holon Phantasms)

Energy (19)

4 Fire Energy
4 Water Energy
4 Thunder Energy
3 Metal Energy
2 Holon Energy WP (EX Delta Species)
2 Holon Energy FF (EX Delta Species)

Since I'm still pretty new to this, as no one near me used to play when the old system is in place so I just collected the cards mostly, I'm not entirely sure on the rulings of Rare Candy. Can I use it to evolve Pidgey straight into Pidgeot as I've been told, or is it still Pidgey => Pedgeotto => Pidgeot? Sorry if I sound thick.

If you can see something blatantly wrong with the deck, please tell me! I have quite a lot of cards, mainly from Delta Species, but money isn't a problem if there's anything missing!

Mech_Master
17th January 2007, 1:03 AM
I would recommend using energy evo eevee from Unseen Forces, but that's just me. Also I would take out the Holon Energies and put in some Holon Castforms, Magneton, or Electrodes.

And yes you are correct with Rare candy. It lets you skip an entire stage. :]

okothnuva
17th January 2007, 1:51 AM
Espeon/Flareon ex are nice to have as well.

NekoMalik
17th January 2007, 3:13 AM
I would recommend using energy evo eevee from Unseen Forces, but that's just me. Also I would take out the Holon Energies and put in some Holon Castforms, Magneton, or Electrodes.

You do have a point there with the UF Eevee...only problem being I can't use it with Jolteon EX as it nulls its poke power, though I may throw some into the mix anyway, see how it plays with two of each and whatever.

Just curious, but is there any chance you could explain why Castforms? I don't really like them, but I'm probably missing something important there =^_^*=

I'm still working on getting all of the EX forms, and Flareon is DEFFINATELY on my list, but I'm not over keen on Espeon EX, even if it's my favourite pokemon! Again, something for me to play with once I get the cards.

Isotope
22nd January 2007, 2:47 PM
- pidgey
-Pidgeotto
-Pidgeot

- pokemon retriever
- suprise time machine

In its place i'ld throw in a few holons cast forms and maybe some super scoop ups. for some nice energy, hand filling and energy retrival.

also makes your deck tourn legal as you want it.

okothnuva
23rd January 2007, 6:44 AM
Nah, he has enough energy.

Light Venusaur
24th January 2007, 8:39 PM
You might want to have a look @ this (http://pokebeach.com/forums/showthread.php?tid=7101)

Cipher 2008
24th January 2007, 8:47 PM
You might want to have a look @ this (http://pokebeach.com/forums/showthread.php?tid=7101)

Oh, stop plugging that place. You can clearly see what Isotope said not many posts up.

NekoMalik
4th February 2007, 7:50 PM
I've been playing about with this for the last few days and FINALLY understand what you were getting at with the Holons, Mech_Master!

So anyway, I've changed it quite a bit, could you guys have a look and see what you think?

Pokemon (20)

2 Eevee (EX Delta Species, 'Call For Family' version)
2 Eevee (EX Unseen Forces)
2 Flareon (EX Unseen Forces)
2 Vaporeon (EX Unseen Forces)
1 Jolteon (EX Unseen Forces)
1 Jolteon EX (EX Delta Species) - may be replaced with Jolteon *

3 Jirachi (EX Deoxys)

3 Holon's Castform (EX Holon Phantoms)

2 Holon's Voltorb (EX Delta Species)
2 Holon's Electrode (EX Delta Species)

Trainers (24)

3 Rare Candy (EX Holon Phantoms)
4 Professor Elm's Training Method (EX Dragon Frontiers)
4 Celio's Network (EX Crystal Guardians)
2 Holon Mentor (EX Delta Species)
2 Bill's Maintenance (EX Crystal Guardians)
2 TV Reporter (EX Dragon Frontiers)
4 Mr Stone's Project (EX Holon Phantasms)
3 Holon Lass (EX Delta Species)

Energy (16)

4 Fire Energy
4 Water Energy
4 Thunder Energy
2 Holon Energy WP (EX Delta Species)
2 Holon Energy FF (EX Delta Species)

I really do feel like a complete n00b having to ask for so much help on this...I'm really not very good at this! Thanks for any help you can give me!

And after typing all that out, I realised that it hasn't actually changed as much as I thought it had...

;136;

Cipher 2008
4th February 2007, 7:54 PM
By far one of the best decks I've seen on here. Well done. :)

007pikachu
5th February 2007, 2:26 AM
on your eevee evelution move to ex and why do you have holon energys if you have no deltas is that because you had deck room

NekoMalik
5th February 2007, 11:37 AM
Cipher DSX, thank you so much!! I've not stopped smiling since I read that =^_^=

I've played with the EX cards and don't overly like them; they mean I beat most casual players all the time and make the game pass too quickly as your opponent is taking two prize cards at a time and so are you if they're playing EX's too. Also, I can't afford two copies of each card, I can barely afford one, so I've got Jolteon EX in there purely because the Jolteon UF is rather weak (this is subject to change, not entirely sure if I want to run two of him or not!) but I'm trying to stick with the theme; build up three different types of energy on each evolution to use each of their 'multi' attacks, hence why there's holon energy. That, and they each have a different effect. FF, for example, provides the effect of the pokemon having no weaknesses if they have a fire energy attached.

Hopefully this all makes sense =^_^=

007pikachu
5th February 2007, 3:07 PM
but when you go to a tournament and you are building a deck you start out with a weak deck and build it up so almost every player in the worlds would upgrade to ex

NekoMalik
5th February 2007, 3:13 PM
I'm not a tournament player, though. I may go to the PK pre-release next weekend, but other than that I've never been to a pokemon tournament. And I just don't want to play all EXs, that's just personal preference. And EXs don't work so well with the strategy of the deck.

Also, if what I've heard is correct, we're dropping everything up to and including Delta Species in september, which makes the current eevee evolution decks unplayable anyway, bar the new * cards and any they release in the DP expansions.

Please correct me if I'm wrong.

Emeralda
5th February 2007, 3:38 PM
I need to ask a question regarding Rare Candy too.

Can it be used on the first turn and in succession, when you play the Basic, etc? The text, 'This counts as evolving that Pokémon,' seems a bit ambiguous to me. It's not like Base Set's Pokémon Breeder's, 'You can only play this card when you would be able to evolve that pokémon anyway.'

Isotope
5th February 2007, 3:49 PM
that Question is answered in the general Questions thread and yes you can.

Cipher 2008
5th February 2007, 4:06 PM
Also, if what I've heard is correct, we're dropping everything up to and including Delta Species in september, which makes the current eevee evolution decks unplayable anyway, bar the new * cards and any they release in the DP expansions.

Please correct me if I'm wrong.

That's correct - I'm just gonna send you details of what's going out and coming in. :)

fierylord
15th February 2007, 8:50 PM
not that good. you need more energies to support your whole deck

okothnuva
15th February 2007, 11:03 PM
not that good. you need more energies to support your whole deck

Actually, it could do with a couple less.

But maxing the Mentors to 4 could help quite a lot.

NekoMalik
20th February 2007, 4:40 PM
Actually, it could do with a couple less.

But maxing the Mentors to 4 could help quite a lot.

Mentor is a very good, very reliable card and if I can get hold of another one I'll stick it in there in place of one of the Holon Lass.

I want to really test it out before I start playing with the energy ratio. It DEFFINATELY needs no more than it's got! There probably are too many, but I have the absolute worst luck at drawing them! I either get none or so many in a row that it loses me the match! It's laughable at times.

Pity there aren't more players around where I live so I could test it properly.

Emeralda
20th February 2007, 6:49 PM
Isotope - thanks for the help.

And it is a really nice deck. Wish I had cards like those.