PDA

View Full Version : The Big Project: Speculation and Rumours!

Pages : [1] 2 3

XD375
25th January 2007, 3:53 AM
I apologise for the lack of substantial updates, got a big assignment due. However, I am also working on one of the biggest projects to ever grace a Pokémon site. What is it? I cannot say, but you will find out in the coming months

Joe says he's working on one of the biggest projects to ever grace a Pokémon website.

What do you think this is? Another variation of the PokéDex? A Wi-Fi League? Will it boost SPP's popularity?

It could be anything, and this is the thread for discussing it.

A Wi-Fi League seems unprobable, because he made it sound like something new, and I know for sure the first Wi-Fi League, my own, was released as part of my old site in 2006, although I still have the league open.

Although, if you think about it, the project should be done around April, so that kinda brings up the possiblity.

The project will have a codename, and it will have something to do with Dr. Who, I'm sure.

I'm looking forward to this, as the anticipation has already made me think for the last day!

Thriller
25th January 2007, 3:56 AM
Its "The Oncoming Storm."

Sometime before "Glowing Moon" was unveiled, Joe brought up the Oncoming Storm but a few months later, it was seemingly blown off. It appears that Joe is likely restarting it because it was too big a project to cancel.

Jimmy P.
25th January 2007, 12:10 PM
What were projects "Oncoming Storm" and "Glowing Moon"?

PokemonMan66
25th January 2007, 12:56 PM
An online battle simulator would be really cool

FreedomX10A
25th January 2007, 1:07 PM
well...i never really understood what the porjects do and mean...so...i really don't know what he would be thinking of. the possibilities of a Online Simulator are LOW...it just doesn't seem to fit this site/forum...new Pokedex might be a bit better of a guess, but the current one is good enough...so...
who knows what Serebii/Joe is thinking of...

Serebii
25th January 2007, 1:13 PM
An online battle simulator would be in violation of copyright laws

kirkeastment
25th January 2007, 1:28 PM
^are you sure because pokemonol.net has an online battle simulator and they contacted nintendo and they were told as long as it was non-profit they were allowed

Zenigane
25th January 2007, 1:31 PM
Maybe, it's a Serebii Wi-Fi Leaugue...

Serebii
25th January 2007, 1:51 PM
^are you sure because pokemonol.net has an online battle simulator and they contacted nintendo and they were told as long as it was non-profit they were allowed
Sorry but thats a load of bull

K-os
25th January 2007, 2:13 PM
Well, it has to do with pokemon... Perhaps an interview with the creators of pokemon...?

Eerie Fuwante
25th January 2007, 2:15 PM
What were projects "Oncoming Storm" and "Glowing Moon"?

Glowing Moon was the spin-off Dex. Upcoming Storm was dropped, apparently.

Sorry but thats a load of bull

Come on Joe, continue the sentence.;D

My thoughts are that it will be either an Imagedex, or something bigger, that would mean he wasn't kidding with the: "Biggest project a Pokemon site has ever seen".

Jimmy P.
25th January 2007, 2:28 PM
Well, maybe we could go around and see what the other Pokemon sites don't have, and thus, we may be able to deduce what it is. :D

Haha, deduce. It got me thinking...

Watson: Aha! I see it now!
Holmes: What is it dear Watson?
Watson: I know what Serebii's big project is! It's quite simple, really. I don't see why I never got it before!
Holmes: Spit it out boy!
Watson: Well, he's going to-*shot*
Holmes: Crumbs. Now we'll never know what it is.

*cough* I must stop with the spamming...

~*Myuu the Ryuu*~
25th January 2007, 5:52 PM
I think it's just a pokedex upgrade, maybe he'll make it interactive or something like that.

BlazikenBud
25th January 2007, 6:00 PM
;476; I know!
What?
;476; It's an online magnet!
Seriuosly, how retarded can you get?
;476; Thank you.
A pokedex upgrade would be somewhat boring.
Maybe it's a sprite resource, so people don't have to go to PE2K to get sprites.

Meguel13
25th January 2007, 7:48 PM
Maybe its...

S.U.P.D
Seribii.Ultimate.Pokemon.Dictionary
Includes
;155; Spellings Of Pokemon
;155; Ultimate Image Collection
;155; Movesets
;155; Battle Simulator
;155; And Maybe More!

Dimentio
25th January 2007, 8:48 PM
Or maybe we should...stop with the useless smilies!

But really Joe, what exactly is the name of this project? Is it oncoming storm or another project with a different name? And will you be giving hints as to what it is as time goes by?

~fuzzy out~

Metagross
25th January 2007, 9:19 PM
I'm not expecting anything special at all, Joe is just trying to get everyone excited, nothing special is going to take place. You can bet your house on it. Joe cares more about the rules than fans of his site.

Serebii
25th January 2007, 9:30 PM
I like how people assume stuff about me and what I care about without actually knowing me or even ever speaking to me. Very Nice. Kudos

Cipher 2008
25th January 2007, 9:32 PM
I'm not expecting anything special at all, Joe is just trying to get everyone excited, nothing special is going to take place. You can bet your house on it. Joe cares more about the rules than fans of his site.

I remember Joe saying this was one of his university assignments. So no, of course it isn't going to be anything big. *sigh*

zipzap713
25th January 2007, 9:39 PM
Maybe the "Big Project" is a D/P Guide? You never know...

XD375
26th January 2007, 1:30 AM
An online battle simulator would be in violation of copyright lawsJoe, I'm, uh, so honoured to have you post in my thread!

Actually, I was kinda throwing them off track (and like the idiot I am, I'm openly saying it). Is that okay with you?

But, NoA supports PE2K, which supports NetBattle, and they don't seem to have a problem.

Falthor
26th January 2007, 2:20 AM
Hm....well, Project: Glowing Moon is a Spin-off Dex.

This project, Joe, does it have to do with the site or forums? If the former, does it relate to the fourth generation (such as DP and BR?) If the latter, will it be a revamping of it, with every idea taken into consideration in the Serebii.net Forums Suggestion thread?

Poke doll
26th January 2007, 2:42 AM
we will know sooner or later so just drop this topic.

Falthor
26th January 2007, 2:54 AM
It's a speculation thread...it's to obtain bits of information before the project is actually finished. Everyone does it. >>

Eerie Fuwante
26th January 2007, 3:05 AM
Joe, I'm, uh, so honoured to have you post in my thread!

Actually, I was kinda throwing them off track (and like the idiot I am, I'm openly saying it). Is that okay with you?

But, NoA supports PE2K, which supports NetBattle, and they don't seem to have a problem.

I dont get why you would get honored.

He aint a celeb nor a Poke God.

XD375
26th January 2007, 3:41 AM
I just get this way whenever a famous webmaster replies to my threads. It's like when you meet a famous person and you have trouble talking.

Poke doll, we always have speculation threads for these things.

Since I'm sure none of the stuff I said are true, I doubt both of them greatly, as they're not Joe's kind of thing, I can't tell you. His site has everything already. Maybe a more organized Game Mechanics page for D/P would be nice, but I'm sure it's bigger than that!

Good luck, Joe! I can't wait to see this project come along!

The Great Butler
26th January 2007, 3:52 AM
Yeah, whatever did happen to Oncoming Storm? If it was dropped, can't we know what it was going to be, unless it's related to this?

And don't slam Joe blindly. Only fools like me do that.

Locke Yggdrasill
26th January 2007, 3:54 AM
PHPdex! :D

:p

Cipher Admin Xaos
26th January 2007, 4:00 AM
Fixes for the server. I would rather not have to wait 20 minutes to log onto the forums. The when I post, it just keeps saying 'posting....'

Kinda going off topic, but getting rid of some of the 'Spam advertisements' from Google would be nice. Some of the younger users probably don't know that when it says 'Free *insert pokemon thing here*! Click here!', they shouldnt click it.

XD375
26th January 2007, 4:03 AM
As Trainer Rachel said, the Oncoming Storm was a swarm of Pikachu! They got away before Joe could catch them all. He did manage to catch a few, but they all got together and hacked his site on September 4th, 2006, replacing it with sites such as Smogon, Pojo, the official Digimon website, a Google Video called Oncoming Storm, a Wikipedia Article on Huntail, a tutorial for something I cannot mention around the kiddies on YouTube, and possibly a few others I missed.

The Great Butler
26th January 2007, 4:09 AM
Ah, I remember that. The ill-fated attempt to make SPP all-powerful and godlike.

"Welcome to Serebii.net, home of......HUNTAIL!"

Locke Yggdrasill
26th January 2007, 4:14 AM
I think it's a vid of Joe and this chick cosplaying as Ash and Misty, and then after about 30 minutes, doing it on film. It's unique, no?

SheWhoLovesPineapples
26th January 2007, 4:21 AM
Kinda going off topic, but getting rid of some of the 'Spam advertisements' from Google would be nice. Some of the younger users probably don't know that when it says 'Free *insert pokemon thing here*! Click here!', they shouldnt click it.

Like any little kids would survive on this website.

XD375
26th January 2007, 4:35 AM
I think it's a vid of Joe and this chick cosplaying as Ash and Misty, and then after about 30 minutes, doing it on film. It's unique, no?Joe looks nothing like Ash.

Joe, if there's anything I can do to help, just ask! You have my encouragement!

Kazekage
26th January 2007, 4:50 AM

I'm 11 going on 12 this April I've been here for nearly two years now.

Ontopic: I think its going to be a pokemon EV calculator

XD375
26th January 2007, 5:32 AM
^I'm sure we have a manual one, why take all the fun?

King Wulfharth
26th January 2007, 8:25 AM

lol thats so true

Serebii
26th January 2007, 8:39 AM
PHPdex! :D

:p
The Current Pokedex is PHP

I'm 11 going on 12 this April I've been here for nearly two years now.

Ontopic: I think its going to be a pokemon EV calculator
You mean like http://www.serebii.net/games/iv-calcdp.shtml ?

Fixes for the server. I would rather not have to wait 20 minutes to log onto the forums. The when I post, it just keeps saying 'posting....'

I have already mentioned many times about the server calibration...besides...how would that be the biggest project ever seen on a Pokemon Site. WOO SERVER CALIBRATION. WOO

And if you have a better way to pay for the servers, I wanna hear it.

Clash
26th January 2007, 10:10 AM
I think it's just a pokedex upgrade, maybe he'll make it interactive or something like that.

I think that's too much of a small thing to make it seem so big. I presume it's something that will set Serebii apart from every other Pokemon site (not like it already does) and something no other Pokemon site has seen before.

facetious
26th January 2007, 10:11 AM
Probably another FABULOUS pokedex update like it usually is.

No one really cares anyway.

Jimmy P.
26th January 2007, 11:10 AM
Probably another FABULOUS pokedex update like it usually is.

No one really cares anyway.
If nobody cares, then people wouldn't be replying to this thread... :rolleyes:

The Pokedex is great as it is. And like Clash said, having just another small update to the Pokedex wouldn't really make Serebii.net stand out from the other Pokemon sites. It's got to be something bigger than that.

aussie-floatsel
26th January 2007, 2:10 PM
probably an better pokedex that hasn't been used before

Ninjit
26th January 2007, 2:11 PM
He's gonna have all 107 new Pokemon's US Names (excluding the ones already known), all the town/city names (except Twinleaf) and all the move names. Trust me, I know these things. ;)

Serebii
26th January 2007, 2:14 PM
Jeez you all lack an imagination. Seriously lol

Arbok
26th January 2007, 4:20 PM
He's gonna have all 107 new Pokemon's US Names (excluding the ones already known), all the town/city names (except Twinleaf) and all the move names. Trust me, I know these things. ;)

Well, that would be cool. But i won't will believe a word of it. ;)

MistyLover
26th January 2007, 5:15 PM
Probably, a massive tournament OR him making a new Pokemon game

Dj Travis
26th January 2007, 5:34 PM

That's not special, that'll eventually happen arourd march or begin april, so. And everyone can expect something like that to happen.

Ho-oh Master
26th January 2007, 7:06 PM

So then you have thought about doing so but Nintendo said no? Or are you just smart :p

Edit: If it were a pokedex upgrade wouldn't we need to know um lets see every pokemons name in english? Most likely a release of everything in english.

Eerie Fuwante
26th January 2007, 9:41 PM
So then you have thought about doing so but Nintendo said no? Or are you just smart :p

Edit: If it were a pokedex upgrade wouldn't we need to know um lets see every pokemons name in english? Most likely a release of everything in english.

Why would Joe specially reveal the english names. He ain't a Poke God nor does he work at NoA or something like that. Why can't some people understand that!?

That's not special, that'll eventually happen arourd march or begin april, so. And everyone can expect something like that to happen.

He was being sarcastic.

Dj Travis
26th January 2007, 9:46 PM
Why would Joe specially reveal the english names. He ain't a Poke God nor does he work at NoA or something like that. Why can't some people understand that!?

Some people think he is a poke god. Some even act like he's our "guru".

He was being sarcastic.

Oh...I thought he was serious.

game_mayhem
26th January 2007, 9:48 PM
A new theme for the site, make it more interactive. I don't know thats the biggest I can think of at this second.

Meowth17
26th January 2007, 10:37 PM
Hmm... seriously people, give the guy a break. ;052;

He has time to keep the site being in college?! I'm studying computer engineering and don't even have time to post a thing here (I'm currently on vacation). I sometimes think this community is a bit ungrateful.

Anyway, about the project, I think it could be:

1) Big Wi-fi thing, with battle tournaments, Pokémon and item give-aways, and stuff like that

2) A Pokémon enciclopedia... an "ultimate resource" for Pokémon info

3) Some deal that makes Serebii.net the "official Pokémon fan page", with Nintendo seal of quality included (ok, maybe not that last part)

Meh... my brain is dry now.

Celebitwo
26th January 2007, 10:51 PM
Wasnt there a project like this called 'Bad Wolf'. What was that about

I also have absolutly no idea what the project could be. Things like this are hard to figure out

Shuam
26th January 2007, 11:39 PM
i think that Joe is going to animate the moves for pokemon diamond and pearl.

like they actually look like.

i mean, that might be why he hasnt posted the pics of the attackdex DP.
its probably not, but maybe it is..

Raito
27th January 2007, 1:19 AM
I'd personally love something to help you with making EVs. Doing them in your head is no fun. Especially when they are complex spreads. :(

Topaz Archer
27th January 2007, 1:48 AM

j00 gUnNa gIv uS t3h pOgEymAns 4 rEAl??/?/???

I am hoping for an EV calculater, but its not "imaginative" enough. xD

I have no clue in the world what the project can be, as I can not think of too many more elaborate thing for pokemon that would grace any pokemon website.

Zedd
27th January 2007, 1:55 AM
Well, lets let my creative side out of the cage i keep him locked up in and get him to help us.

It could be a pokedex upgrade, kinda boring but plausible.
There could be a massive sight design/layout change.
There could be a d/p guide.
And pretty much anything else.

Well those are my ideas.

;453; Rawr. watch out or the almighty frog might eat you.

Jimmy P.
27th January 2007, 2:17 AM
Wasnt there a project like this called 'Bad Wolf'. What was that about

Hey... I remember that now. Wasn't that dropped as well?

Ninjit
27th January 2007, 2:34 AM
No Bad Wolf was the updated AttackDex (or was it the AttackDex? I forgot).

Virtual Headache
27th January 2007, 2:42 AM
SPP tv maybe? :tongue:
Anyway, you need to consider that it is

one of the biggest projects to ever grace a Pokémon site
So it can't be a new a layout or a dex improvement IMO.

Hmm, interviews with some important Poké people, not sure what you are capable of.

At least there is something to keep us excited^^

Ho-oh Master
27th January 2007, 3:13 AM
Joe will give us all Candy from the Pokemon world!

Its possiable.

Locke Yggdrasill
27th January 2007, 4:09 AM
Joe looks nothing like Ash.

Joe, if there's anything I can do to help, just ask! You have my encouragement!
Which is why I said Cosplay, not act. D:

And, at Joe, I thought that the original was php but it had to be rewritten for something or another.

Jimmy P.
27th January 2007, 4:30 AM
No Bad Wolf was the updated AttackDex (or was it the AttackDex? I forgot).

Just goes to show how much I really know...

Chaos Weavile
27th January 2007, 4:33 AM
Serebii could probably change his mascot pokemon, Celebi. But that's not likely.. It's probably the English names and a layout change

SHUCKLE MAN
27th January 2007, 12:28 PM
Didn't he say it was really big? The first thing that came to my mind was an online battle simulator, but this is Serebii, who doesn't like the idea of Standards and competitiveness, so I doubt it. :( I can still hope though.

Shuckle
27th January 2007, 1:03 PM
Jimmy P. your user title offends me.

Anywhom; I dunno what it could be. I'm jsut up so I'm not that creative abotu what it could be...Meh. I'm still looking forward to it though, it has to be awesome...

Matt

XD375
27th January 2007, 2:10 PM
Hmm... seriously people, give the guy a break. ;052;

He has time to keep the site being in college?! I'm studying computer engineering and don't even have time to post a thing here (I'm currently on vacation). I sometimes think this community is a bit ungrateful.

Anyway, about the project, I think it could be:

1) Big Wi-fi thing, with battle tournaments, Pokémon and item give-aways, and stuff like that

2) A Pokémon enciclopedia... an "ultimate resource" for Pokémon info

3) Some deal that makes Serebii.net the "official Pokémon fan page", with Nintendo seal of quality included (ok, maybe not that last part)

Meh... my brain is dry now.1) It's already been done by me, way back in June when they confirmed Wi-Fi.

2) It's already been done by BulbaGarden.

3) I can't see this site becoming the official fansite. While it's an awesome site, Nintendo does not want an official fansite, and I could see them going to PE2K first anyway with that, because they've shown more support for that.

I still can't think of anything, Serebii! Could we have a hint?

Controller of Flames
27th January 2007, 3:44 PM
I think Joe is releasing the magical device that allows him to find the english names for pokemon. The problem with the device is that it requires the blood of shiny pokemon! He plans for us to give him our shiny pokemon so we can find all the english pokemon names before NoA announces them!

Or it could just be a game aspect in D/P.

Paperfairy
27th January 2007, 5:02 PM
Maybe he'll give lives to people who don't have them, like the people who sit around wondering what the next project will be.

I've no idea really, since everything's been done. ._. Turquoise City and PsyPoke have an ImageDex.... PokéSafari has a D/P Guide....

A giant Wi-Fi league sounds like something that could be done, and D/P is going to be released in SPRING....

futuramagirl
27th January 2007, 5:29 PM
Oooh! I'm getting excited over this! Maybe he will.... there are so many possabilaties!

sausagewalls
27th January 2007, 5:39 PM
it would rock if it was all the best movesets to all the pokemon known

Paperfairy
27th January 2007, 6:52 PM
No such thing as the BEST moveset, but Smogon already has the greatest strategies for using Pokémon.

So it's not that.

parasectdude
27th January 2007, 7:38 PM
GAH, SO MANY SHUCKLE FANS!

Bad Wolf was the Berrydex.

Black Marauder
27th January 2007, 9:42 PM
It won't definately be an NB Server since this is Serebii we're talking about. Anywho, I won't be all hyped up for this project. The predecessors were meh-ish =\

Serebii
27th January 2007, 9:54 PM
Yeha I better actually start work on this...

Cipher 2008
27th January 2007, 11:03 PM

That would probably be the best thing to do, yeah. :p

moobob
27th January 2007, 11:14 PM
i think it will be a customizable characters from pokemon battle revolution.
you know like a dress up kinda thing. so you can see all the different items and decide what you want to look like.

XD375
27th January 2007, 11:45 PM
Maybe he'll give lives to people who don't have them, like the people who sit around wondering what the next project will be.

I've no idea really, since everything's been done. ._. Turquoise City and PsyPoke have an ImageDex.... PokéSafari has a D/P Guide....

A giant Wi-Fi league sounds like something that could be done, and D/P is going to be released in SPRING....You say all that stuff is already done, yet you say a Wi-Fi League sounds nice? You should know by now that that is already done. Two of your friends own big Wi-Fi Leagues!

I know! It's gonna be an illegal-simulator-full-episode-NetBattle-server-seal-of-quality-live-giving service! It'll come with a server update!

Not funny.

Darkfall
28th January 2007, 12:48 AM
Didn't he say it was really big? The first thing that came to my mind was an online battle simulator, but this is Serebii, who doesn't like the idea of Standards and competitiveness, so I doubt it. :( I can still hope though.

Jimmy P. your user title offends me.

Anywhom; I dunno what it could be. I'm jsut up so I'm not that creative abotu what it could be...Meh. I'm still looking forward to it though, it has to be awesome...

Matt

SO MUCH SHUCKLE LOVE o.o

CLEARLY Joe is making the UBER CYBORG NINJA MOD! (total copyright) to stamp all over the noobs and people who's oppinions don't matter.

OR maybe he is EMPLYING SUGIMORI TO DO LIKE, NEW PERSONAL AVVIES AND THEMES AND SUCH!

Announcing all the new Pogymen's names? Not that great, other sites will be doing it too, so it aint like that's anything special.

Updating the dex? ZOMG VIVA LA REVOLUTION! this has never happened before, the world will turn into an utter chaotic maelstrom of madness, night will be day, day will be evening, evening will be green and full of Wednesday cows!

Anyyyyyyyyyways, maybe some sort of... Wii Mii style thing, so instead of having random pogeymen and 'funny' captions, you have a customizable character as an avvy.
Maybe he will reveal the ELITETRAINERCARDINCINERATIONMACHINE!

Maybe he's making his dinner? It MIGHT be big, YOU DONT KNOW!

Maybe organising some sort of Serebii.net convention, cos ya know, that's totally realistic.

Maybe I should cease with the typing now. Yeah, ok.

LegendaryArcanine
28th January 2007, 1:27 AM
I've read about the previous projects and such and it's not that I'm not busy, I just find secret projects fun in general. The problem with speculating together is that you get focused on single ideas, though.

Lol, the project could be anything and maybe that's part of the fun guessing. A little bit ago, a friend found strange indications of an image being switched with a "User Interface" image. It was a strange occurance, but happened either way (they even saved a screenshot). I have no idea how it happened since Serebii seems to say he hasn't started. Of course, what fun would it be if you didn't try to throw off the public, lol (wouldn't be the first time).

So, if it's supposed to be so big... and it's original... what could could it be? Let's see, what are some projects that have been done or are being worked by other pokemon fansites? Here's what I can think of. I'm just listing things, so, please don't criticize redundancy.
User Systems
TC Generator
Pokedex Systems
NetBattle Stuff
WiFi Leagues
Commenting Stuff
Layout Customization
Email Accounts

Of course, the more input fans could give about the project (however crazy something may sound) means they might become incorporated if it fits Serebii's ideas. I have some ideas, but it's usually best to keep to oneself in a case like this and have fun waiting...

BTW, not to be off topic, but I know Serebii will see this: Did Serebii post a news comment at PZ? If not, someone was trying to pretend they were Serebii. I was just wondering.

Anyways, have a good day, everyone!

Thriller
28th January 2007, 1:32 AM
I remember in the first Oncoming Storm thread Joe put up a picture of something that looked like a search engine or a calculator surrounded by a purple outline. Gonna post that again Joe?

Darkfall
28th January 2007, 1:39 AM
I've read about the previous projects and such and it's not that I'm not busy, I just find secret projects fun in general. The problem with speculating together is that you get focused on single ideas, though.

Lol, the project could be anything and maybe that's part of the fun guessing. A little bit ago, a friend found strange indications of an image being switched with a "User Interface" image. It was a strange occurance, but happened either way (they even saved a screenshot). I have no idea how it happened since Serebii seems to say he hasn't started. Of course, what fun would it be if you didn't try to throw off the public, lol (wouldn't be the first time).

So, if it's supposed to be so big... and it's original... what could could it be? Let's see, what are some projects that have been done or are being worked by other pokemon fansites? Here's what I can think of. I'm just listing things, so, please don't criticize redundancy.
User Systems
TC Generator
Pokedex Systems
NetBattle Stuff NetBattle Stuffs? Scuse meh?
WiFi Leagues Exist
Commenting Stuff Say what now?
Layout Customization You can customize some of the layout already o.o
Email Accounts

Of course, the more input fans could give about the project (however crazy something may sound) means they might become incorporated if it fits Serebii's ideas. I have some ideas, but it's usually best to keep to oneself in a case like this and have fun waiting...

BTW, not to be off topic, but I know Serebii will see this: Did Serebii post a news comment at PZ? If not, someone was trying to pretend they were Serebii. I was just wondering.

Anyways, have a good day, everyone!

Hang on...
Of course, the more input fans could give about the project (however crazy something may sound) means they might become incorporated if it fits Serebii's ideas.I have some ideas, but it's usually best to keep to oneself in a case like this and have fun waiting...

Contradiction factor to the max?

Eerie Fuwante
28th January 2007, 1:40 AM
Serebii could probably change his mascot pokemon, Celebi. But that's not likely.. It's probably the English names and a layout change

Seriously, for the 100th time, Joe is not the Poke god so:

HE WILL NOT REVEAL THE US NAMES BECAUSE HE DOES NOT KNOW THEM.

Ho-oh Master
28th January 2007, 1:56 AM
I got it!

He will make us all cookies in shapes of Pokemon and give them to us all! My ideas rock! :p

Phosphate
28th January 2007, 4:52 AM
Maybe the "Big Project" is a D/P Guide? You never know...

The only useful post in this thread...

This and the above are the best ideas IMO so far. Perhaps with this, that newly rumored Pokemon might be revealed, if there really is one.

LegendaryArcanine
28th January 2007, 5:19 AM
Hi, again. Darkfall, you way overthrew the meaning of my previous post. I'm not asking for anyone to even comment on what I say, but I did ask not to criticize redundancy.

The title of this thread is "The Big Project: Speculation and Rumours!" Everyone is supposed to have the right to post their speculations (as told) and Serebii, himself, posted here without closing the thread. Please don't try and bash others posts, let's just enjoy discussing our own ideas (we're not asking anyone to like them). Maybe some are crazy, but if this thread isn't supposed to let users have some pre-project launch fun discussions, what's the purpose? Serebii doesn't ever seem to mind (that I knew of from previous projects). So may I please continue without ridicule? Thank you.

Anyways, supposing SBP (Serebii's Big Project) were to be the biggest project yet to have occurred (in pokemon fandom), it'd have to be very big. Knowing that many sites have or have had many people working towards group projects, I think a good clue would be if we were to know if the project only involves Serebii or if he has any friends helping him. Of course, they'd remain anonymous probably (think of the hundreds of PM's otherwise...).

Obviously, Serebii has had group projects in the past, at least (assuming the d/p pokedex counted as one, it's a fact). So, I think this point is a good one.

Serebii
28th January 2007, 11:05 AM
This Project is entirely done by me...however that in no way scales down the scope of the project. I may have bitten off more than I can chew with it, but all that means is I hand in a watered down version to the Uni and then rework it to perfection after that

I have no idea how Kater got that as it isnt something I'm doing. Some browser glitches have been known to occur which cause saved pictures in your temp folder appear on the web pages that they are not associated with. Someone posted such a glitch a while back on SPPf where the images on a page all messed up. Its either that or Kater fabricated the image to further try and discredit me, as he has been trying to do on the Official Forum

Yeah that was me, I just dont like people sayin stuff I post is rumour. I never ever ever EVER post rumours on the site. I'm always extra careful posting stuff, many times causing people to go on saying how im late with news and how my site sucks, just because I'm more careful than just putting up something that could be a fake easily.

The fact is, for legal reasons I cannot reveal sources...but that doesnt make it any less official. Bare in mind this is the same source Chatot came from over a month before the episode even got a title and the same source Mantyke is from

Cipher 2008
28th January 2007, 11:10 AM
*IDEA LIGHTBULB TIME*

Flash Pokédex?

Serebii
28th January 2007, 11:11 AM
Eww no. Flash is such a deprecated and horrible thing now. Any webmaster who uses flash in more than just a logo is a terrible person and needs to die :P

Celebitwo
28th January 2007, 12:13 PM
This suggestion is more of a personally vendetta and fantasy than anything. I being risky seeing as I think I am already this close *holds finger and thumb really close together* from being banned as I bugging Serebii a bit.

Maybe its something that gets rid off all the japanese names once the American names are revealed and replaces them with the American ones.

I thought this would be good, I mean, have you seen how many refernces their still are to Shinou and Manafi their are in the site. I know Serebii is really busy, it just that things like this get on my nerves.

Serebii
28th January 2007, 12:28 PM
Wouldnt be a big project really would it :p

Yer all thinking too small

Cipher 2008
28th January 2007, 12:34 PM
Eww no. Flash is such a deprecated and horrible thing now. Any webmaster who uses flash in more than just a logo is a terrible person and needs to die :P
Good thing I don't use it at all then. :p

Yer all thinking too small
You've got a hoard of slave monkeys who have been spending the past year working on the first official Serebii.net headquarters in the UK. :p

It's not anything to do with the Trading Card Game, is it?

XD375
28th January 2007, 12:56 PM
Wi-Fi League?
Yeah, how ORIGINAL. Do people not even read signatures anymore? Am I the only one who still does?

Serebii, about updating late - I know what ya mean.

This update may very well have something to do with the TCG.

Or, rather, instead of blurting out random things, we actually look at Serebii's style of projects? Any ideas?

Cipher 2008
28th January 2007, 1:02 PM
The most recent ones have been Pokédexes. WHich leads me to believe this ain't gonna be a new dex or a dex upgrade. :p

XD375
28th January 2007, 1:37 PM
^Duh.

I want an organized page for the D/P game mechanics, but I'm sure this project is more than that.

Lets just look at what we have already, and put two and two together. The only problem is, we have next to nothing, making this thread pointless spam in the long-run.

tutti
28th January 2007, 8:21 PM
On April 4th, 2007, serebii.net becomes self-aware.

Apart from that, the first thought that came to mind was serebii.net getting some kind of real-world counterpart. Though from the clues we've been left, that's obviously not it. It's something he has to hand in at his university, and he's doing it himself - so nothing related to other sites or companies, and no changes to any part of the site - you can't easily hand in an approval or a change. So it has to be a new section or function for the site.

It's not a pokédex or other form of dex. Pokédexes have been done too many times before for one to be new and exciting, and there simply isn't enough pokémon information to gather in any other kind of dex to make it as big as Serebii's hinting at. So, no kind of dex. And since it's a university level hand-in, it can't be even close to legally questionable, so no online battle simulators or other online game simulators.

One thing I thought of would be a pokémon team storage type of thing... there's no name for it I could give that would make sense, but basically, it stores information such as EVs, IVs, movesets, hold item, ribbons, and so on for a given number of pokémon. But that too sounds too small...

I have no idea what it is. The real frustrating thing, though, is that I have countless ideas what it isn't.

XD375
28th January 2007, 9:59 PM
Well, think like a webmaster. I've administrated, moderated, and most importantly, webmastered tons of time before, so this should be easy.

If I was in university, and was a site owner of a 1999 GeoCities site gone good, and the site was green, what would I do?

It is one of the biggest projects on a Pokémon site, not a website in general. Think.

Darkfall
28th January 2007, 10:22 PM
Hi, again. Darkfall, you way overthrew the meaning of my previous post. I'm not asking for anyone to even comment on what I say, but I did ask not to criticize redundancy.

The title of this thread is "The Big Project: Speculation and Rumours!" Everyone is supposed to have the right to post their speculations (as told) and Serebii, himself, posted here without closing the thread. Please don't try and bash others posts, let's just enjoy discussing our own ideas (we're not asking anyone to like them). Maybe some are crazy, but if this thread isn't supposed to let users have some pre-project launch fun discussions, what's the purpose? Serebii doesn't ever seem to mind (that I knew of from previous projects). So may I please continue without ridicule? Thank you.

I wasn't meaning to be rude, just saying, in my own way, to explain what you mean by 'Netbattle Stuff' etc, and letting you know that it clearly ISN'T a 'dex update.
Never said any of your ideas were ridiculus or bashed you in any way/shape/form. If you got mistakingly offended, for that I apologise.
I was also just pointing out you contradicted yourself.
Thank you.

Ya know Serebii only keeps this open to laugh at us all and go "Haha the pawns know nothing!" *angry fist shakery* XD

XD375
28th January 2007, 10:45 PM
I'm still trying to figure it out myself. It's like the Secret Link on TCoD; you just won't find it until you do. Wait - did that make any sense?

indigestible_wad
29th January 2007, 2:48 AM
Lets just look at what we have already, and put two and two together. The only problem is, we have next to nothing, making this thread pointless spam in the long-run.

Well all of the project threads that have been made are always so filled with random speculation that they can't help but be spamfests. This thread is already pretty full of useless speculation.

Endoplasmic Reticulum
30th January 2007, 1:23 AM
Maybe its something that gets rid off all the japanese names once the American names are revealed and replaces them with the American ones.

I thought this would be good, I mean, have you seen how many refernces their still are to Shinou and Manafi their are in the site. I know Serebii is really busy, it just that things like this get on my nerves.
I know how you feel

How about a project that prooves to people that Elekible is the best. That would be good.

Paperfairy
30th January 2007, 1:29 AM
I have no idea how Kater got that as it isnt something I'm doing. Some browser glitches have been known to occur which cause saved pictures in your temp folder appear on the web pages that they are not associated with. Someone posted such a glitch a while back on SPPf where the images on a page all messed up. Its either that or Kater fabricated the image to further try and discredit me, as he has been trying to do on the Official Forum

Kater and I talk all the time, and he swears up and down that the image is real. XD

But I know better.

It's something that can be done for school..... mind telling us what classes you take at Uni?

Falthor
30th January 2007, 2:22 AM
Just to repeat, in case you missed it, Joe. :p

Hm....well, Project: Glowing Moon is a Spin-off Dex.

This project, Joe, does it have to do with the site or forums? If the former, does it relate to the fourth generation (such as DP and BR?) If the latter, will it be a revamping of it, with every idea taken into consideration in the Serebii.net Forums Suggestion thread?

Kazekage
30th January 2007, 3:01 AM
joe Has Created A Supersolid Holographic Manifistation Of Pokemon And We Are All Going To Start A Journey To Be Pokemon Masters!

Kikas123
30th January 2007, 3:05 AM
joe Has Created A Supersolid Holographic Manifistation Of Pokemon And We Are All Going To Start A Journey To Be Pokemon Masters!
Wow, That was erm... Intresting and impossible.
I'm suggesting he's gonna do something awesome like announce a new sponser, or Serebii brand sports drinks.

Je suis meilleur
30th January 2007, 3:12 AM
Probably something that isn't worth any time at all.

Taylor Ray
30th January 2007, 3:17 AM
I've been looking at all the posts in this thread the past few days, and I think it will be something out of the ordinary and different(duh, he told us it was never done before) or it could be something small and overlooked. either way, I can't wait.

ziakra
30th January 2007, 11:05 AM
Just thinking anything random that comes into my mind...

...maybe Serebii.net and SerebiiForums will have a third website...
...or Serebii.net will become Serebii.com...
...Serebii will run for president...
...He would be posting 5th generation...
...He would go on a tour to every country and give lectures about pokemon...
...A new style in showing serebii.net...
...my mind dried up already?...can't think of anything else...hehehe

HoagiethePokeBreeder
30th January 2007, 12:44 PM
He said we were thinking too small. What is big though? Hmm...Maybe a video section in which he has a small preview of each episode or something? I dunno, it's kinda mind boggling.

Token
30th January 2007, 1:00 PM
AN internet Diamond & Pearl trading and batteling website? (Or group.) Biggest one in the net?

Perhaps merging with BulbaGarden or some other big site?

He'll announce that he is working for nintendo?

Perhaps we have to pay to acces the site now.

or..... He'll lift the ban on Hentai and Pr0n! Wootzorschord!

Arbok
30th January 2007, 1:57 PM
He said we were thinking too small. What is big though? Hmm...Maybe a video section in which he has a small preview of each episode or something? I dunno, it's kinda mind boggling.

Sounds VERY cool, but i think its still too small for Joe ;3

The Best++
30th January 2007, 2:57 PM
Serebii will lose weight and put his photo album with his new photos.

imo

Seth_X_of_Fortree
30th January 2007, 3:43 PM
Ability to play the old games online, but you can trade with the world.

Serebii
30th January 2007, 4:14 PM
Serebii will lose weight and put his photo album with his new photos.

imo
You do realise I'm anorexic and weighing 140ish pounds right?

Night Avenger
30th January 2007, 4:42 PM
Hmm, if it isn't on your list you could add these:

1. A Pokedex Search Tool.

2. New Attackdex pics... WITH ANIMATION WOOHOO!!!

Not big updates but... meh... Really give us a clue! One little random clue!

Darkfall
30th January 2007, 8:13 PM

Confirms it then.

Serebii is making his dinner. It'll be HUGE so he can put on a lot more weight. AND he can show it to everybody in his Home Ecc class.

Yeah.
Unless he's found 'The Master Plan', though I doubt that very muchly, Micheal Jackson hides it well...

On a more serious note, honest, he intends to inject INTELLIGENCE into the majority of members on this here forum.
And end world hunger.

The Best++
30th January 2007, 8:26 PM
Losing some weight can always help.

Anyway, I want to know why I'm honoured by getting quoted by you, instead of much stupider posts:

Perhaps merging with BulbaGarden or some other big site?

He'll announce that he is working for nintendo?

Perhaps we have to pay to acces the site now.

or..... He'll lift the ban on Hentai and Pr0n! Wootzorschord!
This was an example.

Token
30th January 2007, 8:40 PM
Seeing as this obviously went over your head, the second, and last things on that list were mockeries of some of the things already posted. Yours was a direct assault to him. Kind of strange how he responded to yours isn't it?

EDIT: and Joe is a Uni student. Loosing more than what he is at his age is dangerous. I don't see that "helping."

Seth_X_of_Fortree
30th January 2007, 10:12 PM
Seeing as this obviously went over your head, the second, and last things on that list were mockeries of some of the things already posted. Yours was a direct assault to him. Kind of strange how he responded to yours isn't it?

EDIT: and Joe is a Uni student. Loosing more than what he is at his age is dangerous. I don't see that "helping."

People only respond if you are smart or an idiot.

You, Master of Puppets, are smart.

Also, Joe, which Uni do you go to? Is it Oxford? And do you need Ramen? (So sorry, will get off you now)

I'm thinking a custom game.

zipzap713
30th January 2007, 11:16 PM
Losing some weight can always help.

Anyway, I want to know why I'm honoured by getting quoted by you, instead of much stupider posts:

This was an example.
Serebii said he is Anorexic. Being Anorexic is bad. Its some sort of eating disorder. 140lbs is rather low. Losing more weight could be tragic. We don't want that. I'm 145lbs and I'm 13!

More on topic: Maybe it is a new skin for Serebii.net? Or maybe its an update on the Diamond and Pearl skin for SPPF? The current one is rather...non-updated >_<But those aren't really big. We just need a small hint...

R_N
30th January 2007, 11:33 PM
*sigh*
Another one of those "big projects" :/
No offence, but I've learned not to get so excited over these things, as its typically overhyped....
So let's look at the options:
A WAY over hyped thing
Something OH so useful *coughberrydexcoughcough*
That DP guide he was talking about
Yet ANOTHER pokedex upgrade

Personally, I'm leaning towards an extremely thorough DP guide, with pictures, location percentages of each area, maps, and all that otehr good stuff. All in one thing.

Serebii
30th January 2007, 11:39 PM
It is something that isn't as generic as the things you lot are thinking of

Keegan™
30th January 2007, 11:53 PM
You said a big update. ^^^ So spill the beans! :p

Fizz
30th January 2007, 11:54 PM
I'm gonna guess it's an eBay type thing for Pokémon for use with the GTS. That's all I can think of for now. It certainly is more fun reading what others ideas are than thinking up my own. :D

Shuam
31st January 2007, 12:17 AM
i know!
having members be able to post on the actual site or something o_O
or we like click this thing that sends stuff to you and you could see if its good then post it ? >_>

TELL US JOE!!

PLEASE!!??

Pokenatic92
31st January 2007, 12:53 AM
He might be planning a whole revamped site and forums.

He might be creating his own Pokemon game

Not much more to think of

Zenigane
31st January 2007, 1:03 AM
Well, today's update makes me think he dropped it, but I don't know.

zipzap713
31st January 2007, 1:48 AM
:o A hint! I think Serebii is enjoying this. Its like he's taunting us with little, hard to decipher, clues. So not as generic eh? Hmm. I guess we need to think harder >_<

Rageman
31st January 2007, 2:27 AM
Maybe, Joe has planned to make the HACK from September's youtube video and the "Stuff" back on it.
Or he could just be making a brand new, 100% accurate guide to all the Pokemon RPG's, Pokemon locations, better walkthroughs, better game mechanics, and he made a Deal to make "Supersize Me 2: The "average anorexic" Joe, just to gain a bit 'o weight. :)

Shuam
31st January 2007, 2:40 AM
what if hes selling the site o_O

or fusing with Liam at BMG!?!?!?

AHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH!!!!!!!

dont do it Joe!
Dont!!

Zee-V70
31st January 2007, 3:18 AM
Hm... Rotomu layout, please? xD
On a serious note, maybe new guides for everything; with translated stuff, and everything. >_> PMD got annoying trying to decipher some stuff.

Night Avenger
31st January 2007, 3:58 AM
I KNOW!! He's suddenly lost interest on the siteand pokemon and is selling it to the Digimon company so they can copy all the game mechanics and make them all in one big Digimon game! Then they would sabotage every single Pokemon website and rule the Pokeworld!!!

You wouldn't do that... Right, Joe?

Or maybe, he's just making this for... APRIL FOOLS!!! He said it should be revealed in a few months... April is in a few months...

XD375
31st January 2007, 7:19 PM
He's handing it in at school. Nothing listed here can be used for school. I don't think a D/P Guide or all the US names is really a school project. Those're almost as bad as the server calibration thing. Am I the only one on this whole freakin' forum other than the staff themselves who pays attention?

XD375
31st January 2007, 8:29 PM
Do we really want to talk about Serebii's weight? I don't think he was comfortable even telling us that, but you seem to need to make a big deal over it.

How rude and disrespectful of you all. Leave him alone!

Anyways, this project is for school, and involves the website, and probably Pokémon. I'm the only one who seems to know that, too.

I'm still clueless.

Amaranth
31st January 2007, 8:42 PM
I like how people assume stuff about me and what I care about without actually knowing me or even ever speaking to me. Very Nice. Kudos

Because You Are God To Them Joe. GOD So They Presume To Know You.

Its Probably Anime Related As Thats A Big Draw.
Maybe Even A Fan Art Thing

~ Molly

Edit :

See They Fuss Over You Revealing One Thing xD My God Your Screwed

Ho-oh Master
31st January 2007, 9:14 PM
He will.....:o

Serebii will become the OFFICAL pokemon site?

Serebii
31st January 2007, 10:00 PM
He will.....:o

Serebii will become the OFFICAL pokemon site?
Yes thats it. I'll get top marks in Uni for doing that. Well done

Ho-oh Master
31st January 2007, 10:02 PM

Blarg you suck.

Awesomeness Joe.

Zee-V70
31st January 2007, 10:10 PM
I think sarcasm was implied. D:

Ho-oh Master
31st January 2007, 10:13 PM
Ah wtf! So cheap.

XD375
1st February 2007, 12:22 AM
yez i think he is making gs remakz and thayl be leik offishall!!!!!!!!!!

Seriously. Most, if not all of the ideas in this thread SUCK. God, I shoulda never used intentionally stupid examples in that first post...I thought I was throwing them off track, but I was just attracting idiots like the people you see here.

In England, they have Make Your Pokémon Site Official classes.

I have a question: How will it affect the site in general? Will it be noticable on lets say, the Gold/Silver section? Or will it only be visible on the main page? Or does it even have its own section?

Zee-V70
1st February 2007, 2:29 AM
Ecksdee, Ho-Oh. Ecksdee.
And speaking of XD--XD375, you raise a good point.

XD375
1st February 2007, 3:44 AM
Thank you, Zealot Commander. I appreciated that.

Torchibusken
1st February 2007, 3:56 AM
Serebii is going to actuall make us all learn Japanese desu. So now we won't be saying desu at the end of every sentence to sound cool desu.

Honestly? I have no idea.

EDIT: Desu.

Shiny Venusaur
1st February 2007, 4:03 AM
wow i cant wait, and btw do any of the mods even know what it is??

XD375
1st February 2007, 4:30 AM
No; they have nothing to do with the main site. Anyone who has been paying attention would know.

indigestible_wad
1st February 2007, 5:20 AM
I love all the blatant spam this topic collects.

Guessing never solves anything.

Spire
1st February 2007, 6:53 AM
Okay, Spire. Think like a webmaster, even though you've never been one.

Well, it ain't got nothin' to do with Flash, which is a relief.

Okay. I've thought of something.

Will it be downloadable, or will it be embedded on the main site?

XD375
1st February 2007, 7:35 AM
The people don't listen. It's like a thread on another forum where someone said the episode title (Turning Over a New Bayleef) for a, according to CyberCubed, "suggestive", TR pic and everyone was still guessing.

Watch, Joe. It'll be a spectacular edition to the site, and two years later people'll still be guessing on this thread, stuff like "Uhh..server calibration?" and "jo is leikz gota B offizial!"

Chaos Weavile
1st February 2007, 10:34 AM
I KNOW!! He's suddenly lost interest on the siteand pokemon and is selling it to the Digimon company so they can copy all the game mechanics and make them all in one big Digimon game! Then they would sabotage every single Pokemon website and rule the Pokeworld!!!

You wouldn't do that... Right, Joe?

Or maybe, he's just making this for... APRIL FOOLS!!! He said it should be revealed in a few months... April is in a few months...
If Serebii is building all this tension just for an April fools joke I'm gonna... (The following word has been deleted due to its horrible content)

Night Avenger
1st February 2007, 4:07 PM
If Serebii is building all this tension just for an April fools joke I'm gonna... (The following word has been deleted due to its horrible content)

I know, I was just kidding. That would be very cruel if it was true...

Darkfall
1st February 2007, 4:21 PM
He's handing it in at school. Nothing listed here can be used for school. I don't think a D/P Guide or all the US names is really a school project. Those're almost as bad as the server calibration thing. Am I the only one on this whole freakin' forum other than the staff themselves who pays attention?

Anyways, this project is for school, and involves the website, and probably Pokémon. I'm the only one who seems to know that, too.

I'm still clueless.

yez i think he is making gs remakz and thayl be leik offishall!!!!!!!!!!

Seriously. Most, if not all of the ideas in this thread SUCK. God, I shoulda never used intentionally stupid examples in that first post...I thought I was throwing them off track, but I was just attracting idiots like the people you see here.

In England, they have Make Your Pokémon Site Official classes.

I have a question: How will it affect the site in general? Will it be noticable on lets say, the Gold/Silver section? Or will it only be visible on the main page? Or does it even have its own section?

Oh dear lord SHUT UP.

I've sat and watched your ego infLATE and inFLATE and INFLATE.
First of all SEVERAL members, myself included, have mentioned the fact that is usable in Uni, that is is a prokect for UNI, even in some of my joke posts, I acknowledge the fact that it is for Uni, ANYONE WHO WAS PAYING ATTENTION COULD HAVE SEEN THAT.

Second of all, you go on about people acting as though they know Joe, then act as though you were born in the same freaking ward as him, as if you were ATTACHED to his hip.

Also, we GET IT, YOU = OWN BIG SITE. You can stop bringing it up everytime someone mentions a WiFi league, CLEARLY THEY DIDN'T READ THE FIRST FEW PAGES, those of us that have followed the thread don't want to see you, or anyone else going ON AND ON AND ON about how they/you are ( a) webmaster(s), no one honestly cares.

Frankly, it's a SPECULATION thread, people are BOUND to come out with some ridiculous ideas, stop acting as though people are personally being retarded just to annoy you, they either arn't using their heads like a fair portion of members, or they just DIDN'T read the other posts.
People can have oppinions and ideas that arn't yours.

Sorry but you were doing my head in, now that's out, I don't know what it is, it'll be bigger then a simple 'dex upgrade, and the site layout is fine, and easy to use for anyone with more then three brain cells, it's something NO ONE hass done EVER, and it's supposedly BIG. It's also related to Serebii's UNIVERSITY, so it isn't some stupid guide or revelation of US names.
So, from THAT BIT OF INFO, what could it be.

Night Avenger
1st February 2007, 5:02 PM
Ummm... Would manga downloads go against copyright laws? Yeah.. I guess...

XD375
1st February 2007, 9:13 PM
First of all SEVERAL members, myself included, have mentioned the fact that is usable in Uni, that is is a prokect for UNI, even in some of my joke posts, I acknowledge the fact that it is for Uni, ANYONE WHO WAS PAYING ATTENTION COULD HAVE SEEN THAT.

I was talking to the people who didn't pay attention.

Second of all, you go on about people acting as though they know Joe, then act as though you were born in the same freaking ward as him, as if you were ATTACHED to his hip.

What are you talking about? I just pay attention.

Also, we GET IT, YOU = OWN BIG SITE.

You think it's big? Thanks. Oh, and I only bring up my site along with OTHERS because Joseph is doing something NEW.The bolded words are my responses.

Shiny Venusaur
2nd February 2007, 3:40 AM

agreed that would suck

Clash
2nd February 2007, 4:41 AM
Oh dear lord SHUT UP.

Also, we GET IT, YOU = OWN BIG SITE. You can stop bringing it up everytime someone mentions a WiFi league, CLEARLY THEY DIDN'T READ THE FIRST FEW PAGES, those of us that have followed the thread don't want to see you, or anyone else going ON AND ON AND ON about how they/you are ( a) webmaster(s), no one honestly cares.

Frankly, it's a SPECULATION thread, people are BOUND to come out with some ridiculous ideas, stop acting as though people are personally being retarded just to annoy you, they either arn't using their heads like a fair portion of members, or they just DIDN'T read the other posts.
People can have oppinions and ideas that arn't yours.

Sorry but you were doing my head in, now that's out, I don't know what it is, it'll be bigger then a simple 'dex upgrade, and the site layout is fine, and easy to use for anyone with more then three brain cells, it's something NO ONE hass done EVER, and it's supposedly BIG. It's also related to Serebii's UNIVERSITY, so it isn't some stupid guide or revelation of US names.
So, from THAT BIT OF INFO, what could it be.

I'll drink to that! If joe says this project will be released in a fortnight then it won't be an April fools joke.

MonopolyMoneyBag
2nd February 2007, 4:48 AM

This is the rare time for using lol. Read the post to find out what I'm talking about...

Anyway, back on topic, it will probably be..... A super awesome, top secret, mega uber, supreme...... Taco maker! That's it! It'll make virtual tacos we can eat! Or... He'll make a Grand theft auto: Pokemon edition... Or it might be a guide to seeing Pokemon in real life! Or it could also be were Joe will reveal an ultimate uber device that he will rule the world with! That is why he won't reveal it because they are making final adjustments to make sure everything goes right! He will then use it to control our minds and worship Celebi!

Maybe Joe bought the rights to Pokemon because the site is worth $1,268,904 and then he robbed a bank! He will then show us a super sneak peak at Generation five! He will then overwork Satoshi and force Satoshi to make 90 Pokemon a day for 20 years or until he dies!

I had sugar again.....

Anyway probably will be a huge update to the site and, like Joe said will be something not as generic as we think...... I hate it when he doesn't tell us stuff! But maybe it won't be as big as everyone thinks *cough*berrydex*cough*.... I'm guessing he will make a brand new site layout, followed by tons of new pages, and pages that are VERY outdated *cough*FakePokemonPage*cough* being updated!

But then again this is coming from a guy that had a random theory a minute ago about him overworking Satoshi.....

Paperfairy
2nd February 2007, 4:50 AM
He didn't say it would be released in two weeks. He said it would be released in the spring....

dipstick. XD (For all you idiots at home, that was a >>joke<<.)

SBaby
4th February 2007, 6:53 AM
Hmm... <looking on various sites> Major Pokemon project... Got it! It's a Pokemon D20 game. That has to be it!

That would certainly be the biggest project ever seen on a Pokemon site.

Dj Travis
4th February 2007, 5:51 PM
Hmm... <looking on various sites> Major Pokemon project... Got it! It's a Pokemon D20 game. That has to be it!

That would certainly be the biggest project ever seen on a Pokemon site.

What's a Pokemon D20 game?

Mythic Mist
4th February 2007, 10:01 PM
So, what class is this for, exactly?

Serebii
4th February 2007, 10:32 PM
It is my dissertation

SBaby
5th February 2007, 1:18 AM
What's a Pokemon D20 game?

It's an in-progress table-top way to play Pokemon. But to be honest, it would take me too long to explain it here, and it would cause this to go waaaaay off topic.

Besides, the whole 'exclusive to the site' thing that's there now leads me to believe that the news is related to something completely different.

However, if it turns out that Pokemon D20 isn't the big project or news Serebii reveals, I'll make a topic about it for y'all.

wad11656
5th February 2007, 1:33 AM
Sheesh! I spent like 2 1/2 hours reading EVERY SINGLE COMMENT on this...FORUM!! *Gasp*...I'm sorry. I'm usually a very calm person.

Hey! I sort of have imagination! How about a Poke'mon RPG thing...wait...definitely copyright stuff, huh? Whatever. Anyway, everyone's ideas have been just as silly as mine was. I'm so mad I don't know how to really say it. Okay. I'm not mad...whatever...I think I have eye problems from staring at the screen so long reading this forum...and a battle simulator would be where you could like choose moves here on the internet and battle other people and see animations, right? Okay...I'll stop typing now. ;)

Zee-V70
5th February 2007, 2:24 AM
O_o *thinks into combustion*
Now that you mention it, how about a Serebii online RPG (no) or a game, similar to Pokemon Crater? (Same aspect please not like Pokemon Crater)

Ben Kenobi
5th February 2007, 5:04 PM
It's research. You're leaving this thread open and watching all the possible responses so you can understand how people's minds work, in order to develop forum software to enhance people's internet-going experiences.

That's my wild guess.

indigestible_wad
6th February 2007, 4:49 AM
^That's probably the closest reason to why this thread is still open.

flyboy1308
6th February 2007, 6:48 AM
I think everyone is thinking way to hard about it. Knowing what it is won't change it.

MonopolyMoneyBag
6th February 2007, 7:04 AM
It's research. You're leaving this thread open and watching all the possible responses so you can understand how people's minds work, in order to develop forum software to enhance people's internet-going experiences.

That's my wild guess.

Or Joe is an alien from another planet and made this thread to try and find our weaknesses. I mean, has anyone seen a picture of him, ever?

No? I didn't think so. Or he is trying to make an anti idiot serum that would make even the most moronic poster...... Dare I say it..... Sound Smart! Yeah that's it!

Night Avenger
6th February 2007, 5:21 PM
Or Joe is an alien from another planet and made this thread to try and find our weaknesses. I mean, has anyone seen a picture of him, ever?

No? I didn't think so. Or he is trying to make an anti idiot serum that would make even the most moronic poster...... Dare I say it..... Sound Smart! Yeah that's it!

It would be easier to find world peace and the solution to world hunger.

Serebii
6th February 2007, 5:27 PM
Oh...I've found the solution to World Hunger...but all the environmentalists are opposed

Night Avenger
6th February 2007, 5:36 PM
Oh...I've found the solution to World Hunger...but all the environmentalists are opposed

ROFL. Just find World Peace and you'll be able to make everyone here intelligent!

Zenigane
6th February 2007, 5:40 PM

I have. Andrewhad it in his sig, I'm not sure if it's still there, though. I'm pretty sure that if we've guessed it right, he wouldn't tell us, so it won't matter.

Spire
6th February 2007, 6:15 PM
Lousy environmentalists.

Anyway, I'm going to bow out of the discussion. I'll wait for the project to actually be revealed before I do something stupid.

Torchibusken
7th February 2007, 12:19 AM
Lousy environmentalists.

Possibly. I am an environmentalist, although I can indeed see where your points are coming from.

I seriously doubt Joe is pulling our legs. However, I have no idea, for fear that if I post an idea, five thousand people will post saying how moronic I am.

pichu bro.1
7th February 2007, 12:52 AM
Maybe Joe will become a superhero and change his name to... Viewtiful Joe and where a red costume with a V on his head!

I don't know.

MonopolyMoneyBag
8th February 2007, 2:55 AM
Anyway though he has already given us hints. We just have to study them closer....

So it will NOT be an online battle simulator.

He just recently started work on it.....

Does not deal with flash.

Not as generic as we are thinking of......

It is my dissertation

Another hint.....

I still can't think of anything.... I'll update this in a moment....

GardeBoy
8th February 2007, 5:39 PM
what, exactly, does he mean by dissertation?

hopeless2007
10th February 2007, 11:26 PM
Maybe it's a pokeball sticker simulator. lets you mix-n-match.

That's what I'M hoping for.

XD375
11th February 2007, 8:10 PM
I still don't think it's Pokémon-related. It can apply to Pokémon, but can be used on, lets say, a Diddy Kong Racing site too.

MonopolyMoneyBag
12th February 2007, 12:13 AM
I never said that.... Wait how can something Pokemon related be counted for Uni? I'm confused 0_0

Serebii
12th February 2007, 12:30 AM
Umm...it is Pokemon Related

Raikou77
12th February 2007, 12:45 AM
I'm guessing something to do Wi-Fi, Is there even a Wi-Fi battling thread for D/P yet?

XD375
12th February 2007, 1:01 AM
I don't know; I think it's better to stick to sites that solely support Wi-Fi for anything to do with Wi-Fi, though.

Miss Rarity
12th February 2007, 1:19 AM
Is there a release date for the project?

crobatman
12th February 2007, 10:10 AM
april 4, 2007 i think....

Dusk
12th February 2007, 11:00 AM
He is probably changing the layout of his site, adding all these modern thingamajigs

BlazikenBud
12th February 2007, 11:08 AM
Maybe there's going to be some sort of thing where you type your code and someone else types there's and you can trade and battle and stuff.

Darkfall
13th February 2007, 8:55 PM
SEREBII.NET UNOFFICIAL MAGAZINE!

Just cos I saw a thread about someone wanting to make one, an online mag or something.
Yeaaaaaaah.

*STILL thinks Serebii is making his dinner*

Theneedleman
13th February 2007, 10:11 PM
Is it related to D/P at all?

Paperfairy
14th February 2007, 3:11 AM
Battling THROUGH the server would be VERY interesting indeed. Some sort of program, or script, that keep records for all trainers and their battles through this "league". That's something that has NEVER been done before, and could EASILY be an assignment for Uni.

Rabid Jigglypuff
14th February 2007, 3:31 AM

NetBAttle has been a standing online battle simulators...

XD375
14th February 2007, 4:08 AM
Paperfairy...you talk like its never been done before (xD)!

claona
14th February 2007, 4:28 AM
OmG, He go tO Li3k M4k3 TeH P0k3m4n 4rmY 4nD T4k3 0v3r D1G1M0n!!!!!111!!!!!123!!!!one!!!

Hmmmm... maybe.... A new way for the forum to work....

hopeless2007
16th February 2007, 4:18 AM
We'll only know what this is on 4/4/07?
Three days after my birthday.

Man...

MonopolyMoneyBag
16th February 2007, 6:14 AM
He is probably changing the layout of his site, adding all these modern thingamajigs

It's the biggest thing to grace a Pokemon website. A new layout wouldn't be the biggest thing to grace a Pokemon site...

Serebii
16th February 2007, 8:23 AM
We'll only know what this is on 4/4/07?
Three days after my birthday.

Man...
Says Who? There is no date that I'm going to show this

cybermew
16th February 2007, 7:18 PM
Come on serebii, give us one of your misterious clues that will get us all speculating and the noobs will make countless spam threads about....oops, that wasn't very convincing, was it....

Anyway it's probably a D/P walkthrough, or a serebii fan-fic

Darkfall
17th February 2007, 11:33 AM
Come on serebii, give us one of your misterious clues that will get us all speculating and the noobs will make countless spam threads about....oops, that wasn't very convincing, was it....

Anyway it's probably a D/P walkthrough, or a serebii fan-fic

"Its probably a D/P walkthrough or serebii fan-fic"
"the noobs will make countless spam..."

Yeeeeeah, bout that.

Just to clarify AGAIN for some people, who shoulda gone to Specsavers...

IT WON'T BE A NEW LAYOUT OR D/P WALKTHROUGH OR ANYTHING SO UNIMAGINATIVE, IT'S THE BIGGEST THING TO EVER GRACE A 'MON SITE EVER (Apparently) and THEREFORE ISN'T A DEX UPDATE NOW IS IT?

Dusk
17th February 2007, 11:45 AM
It's the biggest thing to grace a Pokemon website. A new layout wouldn't be the biggest thing to grace a Pokemon site...
I know that.. I'm just trying to think of some things that could be it

XD375
18th February 2007, 2:19 AM
734 299 360-8002734

That's what it will be...

...or at least with all the info we know, that is just as likely as anything else.

Ho-oh Master
18th February 2007, 2:25 AM
So has anyone figured it out yet?

Darkfall
18th February 2007, 2:35 AM
So has anyone figured it out yet?

I have but I can't say or I might be injured.

Ho-oh Master
18th February 2007, 2:38 AM
I'll take that chance :p

R_N
20th February 2007, 1:22 AM
Hrm....
*Goes to check the origianl announcement in teh archives*
He said to expect it in a fortnight(two weeks) on teh 30th of Jan, but that passed roughly around Valentines last week, yet all we got was Darkrai......
Curiouser & curiouser.....

......elipses are cool.....

XD375
20th February 2007, 3:57 AM
Houou Master, nobody knows for sure!

Ho-oh Master
20th February 2007, 4:14 AM
So when are we sopossed to find out?

R_N
20th February 2007, 6:44 AM
We were supposed to find out a fortnight(two weeks) from January 30/31.

Ho-oh Master
20th February 2007, 7:16 AM
...So we should have known by now...

R_N
20th February 2007, 7:27 AM
So it seems, unless my definition of fortnight is off.

Serebii
20th February 2007, 10:57 AM
I never said you'ld find out in a fortnight...

Shadow the Hedgehog
20th February 2007, 2:27 PM
Says Who? There is no date that I'm going to show this

Would I be safe to assume it will be done within a few months? Assuming you are at College or Uni or whatever and it is supposed to net you a good grade or whatever, it seems likely that it will be done by the summer.

Serebii
20th February 2007, 4:39 PM
Yeah, I gotta have a working prototype up in 2 weeks and then have it done by the end of March including a report. We'll have it ready to launch in Mid-April

Eerie Fuwante
20th February 2007, 4:42 PM
Yeah, I gotta have a working prototype up in 2 weeks and then have it done by the end of March including a report. We'll have it ready to launch in Mid-April

So I guess it's about DP.=___=

R_N
20th February 2007, 8:07 PM
I never said you'ld find out in a fortnight...

Really?

*goes back to check teh news post for 1/30*
Oh, when you said big news, I thought it had to do with the big uber awsome thing you're working on; but reading it again, I see it was completely unattatched ot it.

Sorry for that.

Zenigane
20th February 2007, 8:58 PM
Goodie, *giggles* just in time for D/P.

Shadow the Hedgehog
20th February 2007, 10:34 PM
So I guess it's about DP.=___=

Not necessarily.
It sounds as if it could have been earlier but Serebii was being lazy. Diamond and Pearl aren't released until about a week AFTER mid April. Meaning the MOST he can get out of waiting that long is some of the new Poke's English names. Also the fact that there CAN be a prototype basically rules out the possibility it's just a site update.

Theneedleman
20th February 2007, 11:05 PM
it ready to launch in Mid-April
It ready to launch...we know it is something that launches..........Rocket ship??

Ho-oh Master
21st February 2007, 12:07 AM
It ready to launch...we know it is something that launches..........Rocket ship??

-_-

Its about D/P.

Serebii
21st February 2007, 12:10 AM
-_-

Its about D/P.
...Says Who?

Ho-oh Master
21st February 2007, 12:12 AM
...Says Who?

....Joe say its about D/P so I can properly reply to you :p

XD375
21st February 2007, 12:24 AM
THAT WAS JOE!!! XDXDXD
---
I don't think it's D/P related. I pay attention to everything I see on these forums, looking out for even the slightest mistakes. I have scanned each new thread that interests me again and again. I'm not saying it definately isn't, but it PROBABLY isn't.

MonopolyMoneyBag
21st February 2007, 1:36 AM
THAT WAS JOE!!! XDXDXD

OMG!!! OMG!!! NO.... WAY!

I still have no ideas what this project could be... Joe, do you LIKE torturing us? Do you think it is fun to see us guess random things while you sit their in your dictator chair, petting your cat and laughing evilly while we suffer?

How cruel are you?

Shining Mew
21st February 2007, 1:55 AM
I already gave hints what this was awhile ago but no one believed me.

Joes makign a new fangame called Pokemon SPPf Version, and the trainers are people from this forum. He's putting me as the E4 Champion :D

MonopolyMoneyBag
21st February 2007, 2:05 AM

Joes makign a new fangame called Pokemon SPPf Version, and the trainers are people from this forum. He's putting me as the E4 Champion :D

Really? Can you ask him if I can be a gym leader? Please? >_>

>_<

Endoplasmic Reticulum
21st February 2007, 2:33 AM

Hmm... I don't know if I should belive you or not. Joe could I be the rival with a Mukkuhawk, Manmuu, Biidaru Buuburn, *insert starter here*, and my signiture pokemon would be Electivire?

Jack Pheonix
21st February 2007, 3:33 AM

Could this be true... If so WOOT.

Jack

21st February 2007, 4:01 AM
Hopes:
Episode Watcher
Video Game Transator
Video Game Downloads
Buyable Fake Games

Legal Issues:
All of the above.

Ideas that will not happen:
Serebii League

If the fan game is made, I volunteer to be a trainer's Togepi (Toge-oge).

Ho-oh Master
21st February 2007, 4:15 AM

....You so suck right now ;_;

So what is a fungame?

21st February 2007, 4:18 AM
....You so suck right now ;_;

So what is a fungame?
A fangame is a game made by a fan of a franchise. Usually it is free until stole and sold by pirates. It moves like this:
website, forum, e-bay, court, e-bay, court, fan-guys house, court, jail.

Ho-oh Master
21st February 2007, 4:40 AM
A fangame is a game made by a fan of a franchise. Usually it is free until stole and sold by pirates. It moves like this:
website, forum, e-bay, court, e-bay, court, fan-guys house, court, jail.

....Ok...

Any other explainations?

21st February 2007, 4:41 AM
....Ok...

Any other explainations?

Up until the part when I said this is where it moves, it was all true. Internet pirates usually take fangames and illegally sell them for profit.

Ho-oh Master
21st February 2007, 5:18 AM
Ok but is it like NetBattle or somthing?

CHeSHiRe-CaT
21st February 2007, 5:35 AM
Ok but is it like NetBattle or somthing?
Fangames are usually hacks, and are full RPGs that can run on emulators. Most fangames are also poorly made and require the efforts of a real design team like Creatures, Game Freak, and the Pokemon Company.

I hope it has something to do with this: http://www.serebiiforums.com/showthread.php?t=197726

>_<; Hopefully, the above isn't going to be a problem.

Ho-oh Master
21st February 2007, 1:36 PM
Fangames are usually hacks, and are full RPGs that can run on emulators. Most fangames are also poorly made and require the efforts of a real design team like Creatures, Game Freak, and the Pokemon Company.

I hope it has something to do with this: http://www.serebiiforums.com/showthread.php?t=197726

>_<; Hopefully, the above isn't going to be a problem.

So will Joe's be any good?

I hate that topic >.> It reminds me of all of the flooding that will happen. It's going to be insane in April.

GardeBoy
21st February 2007, 4:15 PM
...Says Who?

well, it just stands to reason.

Praxiteles
21st February 2007, 4:18 PM
Well, I doubt Joe's making a fangame. I'm not sure why, but I have a feeling...

I love your picture, Cheshire Cat.

~*Pearl*~
21st February 2007, 4:42 PM

The height of irony and sarcasm combined. D:

grounder
21st February 2007, 7:11 PM
Just a guess, but it might have something to do with the Wii.

And now, I think I'm wrong. Yay! It's so annoying when they won't tell us, and are so happy that we are trying to guess our hearts out. All in fun, of course.

Ho-oh Master
21st February 2007, 8:31 PM
So is Jess telling the truth?

Serebii
21st February 2007, 8:45 PM
Yes she is. Despite all that I have previously said, I am making a fan game

zipzap713
21st February 2007, 8:58 PM
Yes she is. Despite all that I have previously said, I am making a fan game
Erk. Hard to tell if your being sarcastic or not. Darn.

I think your being sarcastic but I don't really know :p

I think I will go into hibernation and sleep till April so when I wake up, the project will be almost revealed :p Just kidding.

Still wondering what this "project" is. Maybe its a mind control device so Serebii will have an army of minions to overthrow Nintendo and create more pokemon games. :o

Ho-oh Master
21st February 2007, 8:59 PM
So whats the fangame about?

MonopolyMoneyBag
21st February 2007, 9:01 PM
Erk. Hard to tell if your being sarcastic or not. Darn.

I think your being sarcastic but I don't really know :p

I think I will go into hibernation and sleep till April so when I wake up, the project will be almost revealed :p Just kidding.

Still wondering what this "project" is. Maybe its a mind control device so Serebii will have an army of minions to overthrow Nintendo and create more pokemon games. :o

I had that idea a few pages ago! Are you copying me?

He's being sarcastic, he wouldn't make a fan game. It is a joke to try and trick people. Besides he said he wouldn't tell us until he released it.... Anyone have some theories?

Ho-oh Master
21st February 2007, 9:30 PM
We could switch it on him and stop posting so he can't torture us...

If he wont tell then whats the point of posting?

MonopolyMoneyBag
21st February 2007, 9:44 PM
We could switch it on him and stop posting so he can't torture us...

If he wont tell then whats the point of posting?

Or we can all forget about this site and threaten to leave unless he tells us :P

The point of posting is, I guess, to see tons of morons make random guesses at what it is. Meanwhile Joe will be laugh evilly while he watches us suffer.... Not cool Joe!

XD375
22nd February 2007, 1:05 AM
Out of all the messed up things I've seen on a Pokémon forum, this has got to be the worst. You guys actually believed, that Joe was making a fangame.

XDXDXD

O CAN i B RIVAL 2 JOE YAS I NO HE WIL LISSIN!!! IM SO NOT A N00B!!!

~*Pearl*~
22nd February 2007, 10:34 AM
D:
I can't take the irony any longer!
"Pogeymahn Joe Version" XD

Kingudora
22nd February 2007, 10:51 AM
a sugimori dex would be nice

~*Pearl*~
22nd February 2007, 12:43 PM
Hmm, Psypokes has it; PE2K has the Sugimori.
I don't really think that'd be enough to make SPP the greatest site on the Pokémon side of teh interwebsness.

X___x This thread's like a magnet, keeps pulling meh back here.