PDA

View Full Version : Wild in the Streets (485)

Serebii
25th January 2007, 11:26 PM
http://www.serebii.net/anime/NextOn/485.jpgWild in the Streets

After his loss at the hands of Roark, Ash is training in order to defeat the Rock Trainer. However, Team Rocket are still working on their way to awaken a powerful Fossil Pokémon to give to Giovanni. Finally succeeding in reviving an Aerodactyl, it starts causing havoc in Oreburgh City. Can Ash & Co. stop the Aerodactyl and Team Rocket?

Visit The Episode Guide (http://www.serebii.net/anime/epiguide/shinou/485.shtml)

Discuss

AshfanGirl20
25th January 2007, 11:54 PM
Wow this waas fast. A topic but no images? Intresting ^^

raticatelover
26th January 2007, 2:16 AM
Wow this waas fast. A topic but no images? Intresting ^^

It's happened before, and the pictures come up soon afterward.

AshfanGirl20
26th January 2007, 3:36 AM
It's happened before, and the pictures come up soon afterward.

Oh ha.....Sorry just normally she or he has the talk back threads for this on Friday. Any ways I saw the episode pictures finally on another site, looks like a fun episode.

PANCAKE
26th January 2007, 3:43 AM
Seen the pics. Errrrrrrr..... half of em at least.

Looks like Ash will be using his same 3 for the gym battle. Poor Mukkubird. He's training Pikachu, Naetoru and Aipom by smashing rocks.

Sudowoodo and Naetoru have a practice battle, with flashbacks of Aipom getting creamed at the gym in Ash's head.

Some will be happy to know Mimirol did some slight flirting with Pimpachu.

Looks like Hikari gets wind of the next contest being held.

Hooray! A Kabutops! But teamed up with an Armaldo :rolleyes:

Two scientists and Officer Jenny get plugged by Aerodactyl's hyper beam.

Guess I have to wait to see the episode in motion. Doesn't look too shabby.

Almighty Zard
26th January 2007, 3:56 AM
Seen the pics. Errrrrrrr..... half of em at least.

Looks like Ash will be using his same 3 for the gym battle. Poor Mukkubird. He's training Pikachu, Naetoru and Aipom by smashing rocks.

Sudowoodo and Naetoru have a practice battle, with flashbacks of Aipom getting creamed at the gym in Ash's head.

Some will be happy to know Mimirol did some slight flirting with Pimpachu.

Looks like Hikari gets wind of the next contest being held.

Hooray! A Kabutops! But teamed up with an Armaldo :rolleyes:

Two scientists and Officer Jenny get plugged by Aerodactyl's hyper beam.

Guess I have to wait to see the episode in motion. Doesn't look too shabby.

Also seems that Hyota walks up on Ash and Brocks practice battle, and more flashbacks of both Ash's Match and Shinji's match occur, also hikari is the one who saved Ash from the Hyper Beam, Poochama and Mimoru stop it with a combined Bubble Ice Beam.

S.Suikun
26th January 2007, 5:42 AM
Thank God, I was worried that Mimirol quirk had died after its capture episode. The chances for Hot Pikachu-on-S!ut-Bunny Action still exist.

Pokemon attacking the humans, on top of demolishing the city, resulting in the need to bring bloody tanks in...wow, the writers actually made these Pokemon seem like a real threat. Like I've said before, shame this episode had such an awful animation director, as it looks pretty intense.

Glad Kabutops gets some screentime, although Lileep and Cradily continue to be royally gypped. Armaldo got most of the attention in the fossil filler in Hoenn, anyways, and it does again here. As for Aerodactyl, I practically don't even care about the thing anymore.

I'm gonna assume the next contest is being held in Sonoo Town.

Maestro Kinético
26th January 2007, 9:30 AM
The plot seems dramatic, that' all I care for. I hope there's no sunset goodbye scene and I hope there are good battles.

Did Cradily appear?

Geodude
26th January 2007, 1:22 PM
I liked the way Hikari's Pokemon dealt with Aerodactyl by using the spinning dodge move they'd been working on for contests. And as shown in the preview for the next episode, that even gave Ash an idea because Pikachu is shown doing the same thing. And the part where Hikari saved Ash and Pikachu from the Hyper Beam was awesome.

Maestro Kinético
26th January 2007, 2:24 PM
Dissapointed. I expected some drama and nothing happened. It went all so fast, just a couple of explosions and that's it. I hate Hikari's cute team, it makes the anime childish when they go to battle dancing and making acrobatic moves. Rampart is ugly :(

And Cradily didn't appear?

FireFalcon
26th January 2007, 2:33 PM
does someone know wich attack aerodactyl used

Pokemon Fan
26th January 2007, 2:38 PM
Dissapointed. I expected some drama and nothing happened. It went all so fast, just a couple of explosions and that's it. I hate Hikari's cute team, it makes the anime childish when they go to battle dancing and making acrobatic moves.
The anime has always had a childish side, heck much of it is childish. And acrobatics (or that is, graceful moves and good reflexes) are important in a number of real fighting techniques like martial arts so why not have them be so in pokemon?

Maestro Kinético
26th January 2007, 3:03 PM
The anime has always had a childish side, heck much of it is childish. And acrobatics (or that is, graceful moves and good reflexes) are important in a number of real fighting techniques like martial arts so why not have them be so in pokemon?

An I love that kind of acrobatics (I'm a Kill Bill lover for example) but I just hate the ones made with a background of starts or hearts, and the ones that fit rhytmic gymnastics more.

And I also wonder why did they amde a fossil epp if Tatetops didn't appear. I hope they don't make another fossil epp to show Tatetops.

MechaBulba
26th January 2007, 3:55 PM
Intresting looking episode. How team Rocket got that machine out in one piece them power it up in the middle of a forest is a puzzle?

If i was Ash i would have quicky snuk my pokeball in and captured them rae fossils. lol

does someone know wich attack aerodactyl used

I would also like to know that. Could it have been Sky Attack? Or maybe even ANCIENT pOWER?

Geodude
26th January 2007, 7:14 PM
It was definitely neither of those. I'm pretty sure it was one of the D/P attacks, I'm guessing either Giga Attack or Stone Edge.

^ASH^
26th January 2007, 7:14 PM
Really liked the episode
Things that I liked/important to note:
- At the beginning of the episode Ash is training and its always good to see
- Mimiroru "patted" Pikachu with its ear and it seems like it congratulated Pikachu for its training... nice to see they didn't forgot that Mimiroru is in love with it
- Hikari said to Ash that he has a lot of Pokémon with this "someone who writes Pokémon poem" and Ash corrects her to "Proffesor Oak" then Hikari said that Ash can take some of them that are good against rock type or that she can lend to him her Pochama but Ash said that he wants to win with these Pokémon because they also want to prove themselves and I think when he has a flashback to Shinji's battle he says that like Shinji could win with his Pokémon he will also do so (I LOVE all these friendship/we won't give up! stuff ^_^ and it's fun to be able to understand things without sub ^_^ but remember my translation may not be THAT accurate but it's probably right)
- Brock offers to Ash to train with him and Sudowoodo because it's a rock type and it was really nice to see Brock do something and we also got to see more trainings (and to compare how they made Brock in AG and now in DP I think that now they at least try to make him better... he explained a lot about the attacks/abilities in the gym battles and got an episode about him and now this... let's hope this will continue)
- Hikari said she thought of a great combination and that she goes to the Pokémon Center to train
- Hikari see an announcement on the big screen at the Pokémon Center that says that the next Pokémon Contest will be at Sono Town and Hikari said that this time she will get the ribbon
- Pochama and Mimiroru succeed to do the combination
- It was really nice to see Ash protects Pikachu and Hikari protects Pochama and Mimiroru
- It was also nice to see Hikari saves Ash
- Pochama and Mimiroru battled Aerodactyl with the combination and it was amazing
- Ash noticed how good this combination is and started to think that this is how he'll be able to win in the gym and I liked this because it was nice to see Ash learn from Hikari and not the opposite like was with Ash/May
- Zugaidosu evolved
- Brock/Gregguru XD
- Ash says to Hyouta that he want to battle him again and he asks Ash if he thought of something and Ash said that this is right (and I'm not sure but I think Ash said to Hikari that he thought on this thanks to her)

Geodude
26th January 2007, 8:06 PM
- Brock offers to Ash to train with him and Sudowoodo because it's a rock type
And because it also knows Double-Edge, like Onix.

Dax
26th January 2007, 8:20 PM
I was so happy to see that Mimiroll is still in love with Pikachu...:)

Crimsonmon
26th January 2007, 8:31 PM
It was definitely neither of those. I'm pretty sure it was one of the D/P attacks, I'm guessing either Giga Attack or Stone Edge.

Yeah, it was Giga Attack/Impact.

I never noticed before this time's Oak Lecture that Poochama keeps doing the same pose, I probably should pay more attention to the thing.

FlameTrainer
26th January 2007, 9:48 PM
I kinda liked this episode, except for these things:

*No Tatetopusu or Toridepusu.
*No Lileep/Cradily.
*No Mukkubird.
*Aerodactyl using some very strange attack.
*Zugaidosu blocking the odd attack (see above) with his bare hands.
*No battling Gregguru! (T_T)
*Ramuparudo looks ugly!

kewlmyc
26th January 2007, 9:56 PM
Sounds like an alright episode.

Hikari saves Ash? Pearlshipping fans are going to have a field day with this.

FireHead Hank
26th January 2007, 10:03 PM
I liked the episode. Though it was a bit redundant seeing the "Aerodactyl, who went out of control"-theme, I loved the fact Rampard apeared in it. It doesnt look "ugly" at all, it looks cool and pretty unique for a rock type Pokemon. It was cool to see Kabutops and Armaldo again, though they could've give Cradily some screen time.

There's one thing I didnt get; Did Hyouta catch the Aerodactyl?

FireFalcon
26th January 2007, 10:30 PM
There's one thing I didnt get; Did Hyouta catch the Aerodactyl?

no, the scientists caught aerodactyl

FlameTrainer
26th January 2007, 10:30 PM
No, Hyouta didn't catch it, i believe one of the scientists did.

Ryano Ra
26th January 2007, 10:56 PM
Overall, a pretty good episode. I have a certain "thing" for fossil Pokemon and rock-types, for they are one of my favorites (coming after dragon-types, though). That new Rampurado is something that doesn't take the appearance of a Pokemon when you first look at it...but is still one regardless and suddenly looks like one after you see it again. XD *didn't make sense* It has a unique look, which I actually like a lot. Nevertheless, Aerodactyl. *_* That new attack was awesome, I was hoping it would be a new one, and it definitely appears to be a Giga Attack. (Although I'm wondering how other types would perform it, for Elekible learns it as well. A yellow and black attack. So cool. *_*) And there's something about Hikari that makes me like her, even though I do not like her line-up thus far (unless the little blue penguin evolves, then I'll like it a lot. Or that rabbit thing could evolve).

uber gon
26th January 2007, 11:13 PM
If that's what Giga Attack looks like, then I hope someone catches Leafia and teaches that attack to it.

Also, why were people b******* about Rampard? He looked okay to me.

Geodude
27th January 2007, 1:24 AM
Yeah it is Giga Attack...although now that I listen again, I hear "Giga Impact" so that's probably a better translation. Not sure why Serebii calls it Attack.

Pokemon Fan
27th January 2007, 3:15 AM
Well I am glad to now know what the physicial counterpart to Hyper Beam looks like in the anime (basically a swirling energy force that turns the whole body into an armored drill of sorts), but next I want to see what it looks like if a pokemon on the ground uses it. Ash's Tauros would look great with it, indeed many pokemon would. So one wonders if this will become like Hyper Beam and be known by many stronger pokemon on the show.

Kind of interesting/funny that the only moves the Aerodactyl seemed to use (based on the caps mind you) was Hyper Beam and Giga Impact.

I kinda liked this episode, except for these things:
*Aerodactyl using some very strange attack.
*Zugaidosu blocking the odd attack (see above) with his bare hands.
It looked to me like it didn't so much block it as it slowed it down and steered the attack off course. Nothing wrong with that. Everybody loved when Ash's Charizard threw that Fire Blast over its head right?

But why would the attack being strange be something you didn't like about the episode?

<><><>

Overall the episode seems rather average. The first part was the highest quality because the character interaction was good and the rest was largely standard "enraged pokemon destroys things," though it was neat to see them bring out a tank in response.

Pika Hikari KT
27th January 2007, 3:57 AM
Yeah it is Giga Attack...although now that I listen again, I hear "Giga Impact" so that's probably a better translation. Not sure why Serebii calls it Attack.
I had a feeling it was Giga Impact--it looked like a physical Hyper Beam, and Aerodactyl also learns the attack naturally in D/P(replacing Hyper Beam since that move no longer does any real damage due to crappy Special Attack--same goes for Snorlax and Slaking).

Darkness Angel
27th January 2007, 4:28 AM
Does anyone know where the next contest is gonna take place? since they seemed to be. Having something on it in one of the screen shots I saw for this eppy?

AshfanGirl20
27th January 2007, 4:31 AM
Does anyone know where the next contest is gonna take place? since they seemed to be. Having something on it in one of the screen shots I saw for this eppy?

It will probaly take place after this coming rematch. Maybe some fillers in between than the next contest for Hikari.

uber gon
27th January 2007, 4:45 AM
It will probaly take place after this coming rematch. Maybe some fillers in between than the next contest for Hikari.

Plus the speculated Pachirisu capture.

R_N
27th January 2007, 6:17 AM
Well, teh Pics look like this is a great ep.

& I'm loving Hikari, she actually brought up something many people b****** about. Using other pokes. I mean, she even offered her Pochama(how sweet is that). Oh. My pearlshipping sences are tingling. RUN AWAY!

I had a feeling that the Tatetops family wouldn't appear, as Hyota's father has one, so it'll probably be showcased there.

CyberCubed
27th January 2007, 6:22 AM
& I'm loving Hikari, she actually brought up something many people b****** about. Using other pokes. I mean, she even offered her Pochama(how sweet is that). Oh. My pearlshipping sences are tingling. RUN AWAY!

Uh, offering Ash one of her Pokemon is not a sign she wants to get into his pants.

She's just super-nice.

Pika Hikari KT
27th January 2007, 7:19 AM
That's true--Misty did the same thing when Ash went against Brock. She was just trying to be nice. Then again; even if Ash agreed, wouldn't it be illegal since he wouldn't be using his own Pokémon?

Pochama probably wouldn't listen to him anyway; too stubborn.XD

Pokemon Fan
27th January 2007, 7:23 AM
That's true--Misty did the same thing when Ash went against Brock. She was just trying to be nice. Then again; even if Ash agreed, wouldn't it be illegal since he wouldn't be using his own Pokémon?
If the rules are like contests then you don't have to actually use your own pokemon (since your skills would still be proven by how well you command them and use strategies), most trainers (or at least most we've seen) do only use their own though as a matter of principle.

Pochama probably wouldn't listen to him anyway; too stubborn.XD
If their trainer orders them to obey someone else most pokemon will, provided they are commanded well (we saw what happened when Jessie was using Harley's Banette).

Jonessodaco.Chris
27th January 2007, 7:40 AM
Sounds like an alright episode.

Hikari saves Ash? Pearlshipping fans are going to have a field day with this.

i thought that was the stupidest thing EVER... like a big huge strong aerodacly being takin out by a weak pengiun and a little bunny seriouslllyyyy... just stupid

Flamez
27th January 2007, 9:52 AM
i thought that was the stupidest thing EVER... like a big huge strong aerodacly being takin out by a weak pengiun and a little bunny seriouslllyyyy... just stupid
Well to be fair Aerodactly wasnt exactly knocked out it didnt faint. It took Bubblebeam and Ice beam to stop Aerodactyl's hyperbeam from hitting Ash and Pikachu. Then they both used their spin combination that Hikari was teaching them and got behind Aerodactly and jump on TOP of it and brung it down. Thats perfectly fine, besides Aerodactyl was flying around continuously using hyperbeams and Giga impacts im sure the pokemon was worn out, you have to take that into account as well.

I think stupid would've been something like Aerodactyl being at 100% health and Poochama using bubblebeam and peck to knock it out or Mimoru using ice beam and double slap to make it faint. But that didnt happen so.....

Maestro Kinético
27th January 2007, 10:31 AM
I agree, even if Aerodactyl was worn out a bunny and a penguin can't take it down. And the spin thing was very chikdish.

I wan't some kickass battle!

Darkness Angel
27th January 2007, 12:43 PM
Aerodactyl sure loved to spam out Hyper beam which got annoying after a while of seeing it.

DKzM0mA
27th January 2007, 6:50 PM
Giga attack? I assumed it was Sky attack =/

Have we seen that attack before?..

Mythic Mist
27th January 2007, 7:26 PM
So the next contest is in Sonoo town, ey? That's where the windmill power plant and Team Glalactic are...

TeddiUrsa
27th January 2007, 8:39 PM
I agree, even if Aerodactyl was worn out a bunny and a penguin can't take it down. And the spin thing was very chikdish.

Oh man,...after reading your complaints about the anime for quiet a while now I really wonder WHY you still watch the whole thing anyway?

Pokemon IS childish. it is for CHILDREN! how hard is that to understand? ^^

what are "kickass battles" to you? Please name such a battle from the anime, because the last gym battle was pretty cool if you ask me...

please, Kojiro...come back soon...

Kthleen
27th January 2007, 11:52 PM
What exactly happened with Kojiro?

If there was one thing I liked about this episode, it was the music. I really loved "Satoshi's Theme," the opening part of the "Lovely Boy" instrumental, "Latios no Mote he," and the orchestral version of the D/P route 210 theme.

Maestro Kinético
28th January 2007, 1:36 AM
Oh man,...after reading your complaints about the anime for quiet a while now I really wonder WHY you still watch the whole thing anyway?

Pokemon IS childish. it is for CHILDREN! how hard is that to understand? ^^

what are "kickass battles" to you? Please name such a battle from the anime, because the last gym battle was pretty cool if you ask me...

please, Kojiro...come back soon...

I loved the battle of 'Charizard Chills' The hole episode was supberb IMo: Very Mature and dramatic.

I'm not asking them to take out all the cute Pokemon, I just want balance. Some cute scenes, some drama and darkness. F G S, the first episode was very dramatic.

TeddiUrsa
28th January 2007, 1:54 AM
I loved the battle of 'Charizard Chills' The hole episode was supberb IMo: Very Mature and dramatic.

I'm not asking them to take out all the cute Pokemon, I just want balance. Some cute scenes, some drama and darkness. F G S, the first episode was very dramatic.

I wouldn`t call "Charizard Chills" plot "mature", but it was a nice episode. The battle in it...mh...not so. Because the battle wasn`t the point of the episode.
Definitely a strange example for a "kickass" battle...more an example for a character developing episode like "Cutting the Ties That Bind".

The thing is...you act like the anime was any different a few sagas ago which is not the case. There will be dramatic moments, but ..did you really expect REAL drama in this episode? This episode was a setup for the next gym battle and it did that pretty well.

The next episode should be kickass enough and the "dancing-dodge"move is seen without the "girly background" you seem to hate so much.

anyway, what ws getting on my nerves...the scientist just needed to return the fossils to their pokeballs? What`s so hard about it? Why did Ash and Brock need to attack the fossils anyway if you just can simply return them to their pokeballs? Aerodactyl is a different story, but the other 2?

What exactly happened with Kojiro?

I think he got banned for his "offensive" sigs. I guess someone can`t handle his humor.

PANCAKE
28th January 2007, 2:01 AM
anyway, what ws getting on my nerves...the scientist just needed to return the fossils to their pokeballs? What`s so hard about it? Why did Ash and Brock need to attack the fossils anyway if you just can simply return them to their pokeballs? Aerodactyl is a different story, but the other 2?

Good point.

I just kinda figured that the "recall beam" if you will, was voluntary. The episode that comes to mind (don't throw rocks people) is the one with Misty and Gyarados. I can't remember the title, but it was one of the Chronicles. She kept trying to recall it only to have Gyarados shrug off the attempt. And an even more watered down example is how Wobuffet comes out at will. I thought a Pokeball was just a little storage chamber with a little bed to sleep in, not a jail.

The Great Butler
28th January 2007, 2:01 AM
Looks like a great episode. TR actually did something...even however slight, it did set off the events for the rest of the episode. Stealing that huge cloning machine...awesome.

Even more awesome, Hyota and the creepy doctor got some great spotlight time.

Geodude
28th January 2007, 5:40 PM
I assumed it was Sky attack =/

Have we seen that attack before?..

A few times, yes. Winona's Skarmory, for one.

uber gon
29th January 2007, 3:23 AM

Well, at least there's the next gym episode.

Swinubber
29th January 2007, 4:14 AM
The twirling thing was stupid. And so is like, Mimirol and Pocchama, at their size and assumed level hitting an Aerodactyl with enough power to destroy Kurogane to the ground.

And so was Rampard's voice and how he SHOT at Team Rocket like a bullet. He should've like, charged at LIGHT SPEED!!!!1 and broke the machine to bits. Like a Rampard would.

Otherwise, goody good I guess ^^;

CyberCubed
29th January 2007, 6:59 AM
Heh, isn't it funny to see Pochama/Mimirol pretty much take out Aerodactyl with one attack? Those two have gotten strong already, Hikari barely had to do any training with them.

Nice to see Sudowoodo again, besides the fact that it only got like 15 seconds of screentime. -_- Well...I suppose for a Brock Pokemon that's as good as it gets.

Nice development with Ash struggling over his loss, Hyouta's Pokemon evolving, and the preview to the next Contest.

I would have liked more destruction of the city though, the preview made it look like this episode was going to be more action packed then it was. Oh well, it was fine at least, I am annoyed by no Cradily. WTF, writers.

Weav-vile
29th January 2007, 6:31 PM
Finally got to see the episode... Now I gotta tell you all my guesses... ^-^'

Well, it was an OK episode overral, but I assume I expected more of it. It's not that it's an avarage episode, it's just that I wanted, uh... More.
But, still, it was good (although, I can't say the same about the animation).

Things that I liked more:

- I loved Hyouta appearing again (yeah, I knew he was gonna be there, but he's always good to watch) and having his signature Pokémon evolving... Eh, but Rampard reminds me of a (better?) kind of Barney (do you remember him? o_O)... Maybe his future? Not sure about it, haha, but it was funny xD ;

- Hikari training her Pokémon and actually saving Ash from a giga-attacking Aerodactyl with her friggling cute Pokémon, saying something like "Satoshi, daijobu!" while she was arriving there. Very nice, I love to see some girl power;

- Brock's Pokémon gaining some extra screentime! My, that pleasured me... Sudowoodo and Greggoru are just cool adds to the anime, they've got personality... I was happy to see them there (OK that Greggle appeared only in the end, but...);

- Mimiroru showing affection for Pikachu again... It's been boring to read around that the bunny was not going to do it again, I'm glad it finally did. Now I only need to see Hikari using her Pokétchi to calm down my nerves - people won't stop saying she never used it after she got it, but c'mon! If she got it, it's because she's gonna use it sometime, huh? Duh...

- The battles. They were cool to watch too, and there were lots of different kinds of Pokémon to enjoy... I only missed Official Jenny using one herself... That's weird that the cop of the city doesn't save the day with her own Pokémon, isn't it? =P

Well, I guess that's all... I'd say I liked that part Aerodactyl was destroying the city, but it wasn't good enough. I think they needed a better animator for this episode, seriously.

- Nozomi

Hyuuga Neji
29th January 2007, 8:26 PM
I jus saw the ep(as well as just becoming a new member here) and i the ep was okay.......the animation was decent enought, at least when compared to Pokemon Advanced.

One thing i'm wondering though...what was Hoyota saying to ash about shinji? It would be funny if hoyota actually said that ash is nothing compared to shinji..but i doubt it.

MechaBulba
29th January 2007, 8:45 PM
A cool episode i gess.
Three Things i don't like are

1. Giga Attack looked rubbish i felt. The Oragnge hyper beam effects and the purple smoke did not go well togther.

2. The Spinning attack thing was kinda stupid. for one they where in the air for ages. and 2nd all dinobird (don't know correct sp) had to do was move to the side.

3. Team Rocket mechs must give alot of EXP as loads of Pokemon over the years have evolved due to them.

Bliksem
29th January 2007, 8:55 PM
Wow, after the last two episodes, this one is more than a bit of a letdown. I didn't expect the quality to last, but for this to be so absolutely terrible in terms of animation AND execution is quite a blow. The characters looked absolutely terrible (the eyes... THE EYES!!), and it seemed like the spacial orientation was off. The plot was rather contrived, unfortunately, with the resolution being... not fulfilling. Zugaidos holding off an Aerodactyl's Giga Impact? Pochama and Mimimol slamming Aerodactyl into the ground? There wasn't really a sense of cause and effect here; things seemed to happen at random or just because it was convient (such things were rather less obvious in earlier episodes).

[Enter generic Hikari should have caught Aerodactyl comment here.] But seriously, for Aerodactyl to go down so easily?

For Team Rocket to be broke so often, they must be quite the handymen/women/mons. I'm surprised Giovanni hasn't fired them strictly from loss of valuable equipment. I wonder who their suppliers are.

Collorary: Rampard's so not cute.

CyberCubed
29th January 2007, 9:07 PM
the animation was decent enought, at least when compared to Pokemon Advanced.

The animation in this episode was horrible. It was done by the second worst animation director currently on the show, (the worst is the guy who did the Subomi and Poketch episodes).

Back in AG there was MUCH better animation consistently.

Nowadays about every other D/P episode looks like crap. It's a shame really, how horribly off model the characters and Pokemon look nowadays.

nap*
29th January 2007, 9:11 PM
Just saw the episode, it was par, and Hikari should have caught aerodactyl, she owned it with Pochama and Mirrioril,

And Ash to train against rocks that can't move... made my LOL

SamIam
29th January 2007, 9:11 PM
I didnt know this show is still going... What network is this on and time/day (us pacific time)

Bliksem
29th January 2007, 9:15 PM
Just saw the episode, it was par, and Hikari should have caught aerodactyl, she owned it with Pochama and Mirrioril,

[Enter generic Hikari should have caught Aerodactyl comment here.]

I knew it was coming XD. The sad thing is, Hikari *COULD* have captured that Aerodactyl is she'd been so inclined (obviously, she wasn't). But as I said before, the battle was contrived. There wasn't any real cause and effect between the motions.

I must say, though, that Ash seems to have no qualms blatantly ripping off strategies from Hikari, yet won't even follow what Shinji has to say. Oh well, his loss. But this is completely ignoring the fact that such a strategy is physically impossible (yeah, yeah, it's Pokemon, but at least make the strategies more ingenius and less, yup, I'm gonna say it, contrived).

You can find AG Pokemon on Cartoon Network. DP Pokemon is aired in Japan.

nap*
29th January 2007, 9:32 PM
^^Well yeah if I could have posted a couple of days ago, I would have avoided posting my last message but I have my electronic destroying sister to thank for that.

That preview is cool though Pikachu ans Ash did obviously rip-off the non-rapid spin from Hikari but at least it Iron tailed the Onix in the throat, hopefully it will beat it and the score will become 2-2 in their feud

Oh yeah and Jessie could have caught Meowth, that would have been fun to watch

Sushi
29th January 2007, 9:54 PM
I must say, though, that Ash seems to have no qualms blatantly ripping off strategies from Hikari, yet won't even follow what Shinji has to say.
That's the point. Ash is content with the way Hikari battles, but disapproves of Shinji's fighting-style. Having his Hikozaru intentionally get weak so that its Blaze ability was activated was one of the things Ash was so peeved about that he fully concentrated on battling differently than Shinji, rather than studying Hyouta's strategies and thinking of any possibilities to overcome them. That's what Hyouta pointed out in this episode, and made Ash realize how much Shinji had distracted him from his main goal.

He isn't as focussed on being different than Shinji any more, but as long as Shinji keeps up with this comparably 'immoral' battling-style, Ash won't accept a single advice from him I bet.

The animation in this episode was horrible. It was done by the second worst animation director currently on the show, (the worst is the guy who did the Subomi and Poketch episodes).
Um, this is the very same director who did the Subomi/Pokétch episodes.

I'd say Kazue Kinoshita is improving though - there were several scenes where Hikari looked really nice for instance; she just needs to work on Ash and Brock's faces a bit more, and avoid having the characters just stand there in those stiff positions too often.

Aw, I like Hikari more and more with each episode. She actually kept the funny quirk of calling Professor Oak "that Senryuu person" and forgetting his real name. Also quite cool how she saved Ash, and how she just said, "Daijoubu!" when Aerodactyl aimed Giga Impact straight at her - as if it was nothing XD

At last...why did Armaldo and Kabutops nod at Aerodactyl at first, as if they'd agreed to team up with it, only to attack it right afterwards? That part confused me.

Geodude
29th January 2007, 11:13 PM
Heh, even though "daijoubu" is a common Japanese word, for some reason it sounds so much cuter when Hikari says it. :p

Hyuuga Neji
29th January 2007, 11:36 PM
Yeah that "Daijobu" is really cute. I jus hope when it comes to america her voice won't be butchered...and i hope they don't try and give her some stupid catch phrase to replace diajobu...like viz media did in naruto; getting "dattabeyo" and dubbing it to belive it

R_N
30th January 2007, 12:33 AM
We'll finally saw(or in the process of watching) the episode, & just a couple things:
Is it just me, or can the animators not decide on a proper build for Aipom? ITs normal one ep, skinny(like here) the next, adn have a mega-head the one after.
Also, Mimi's ears are going to drive me insane. I guess one curls up at all times?
I like that they kept Sudo's little salute.

Oh and...

Uh, offering Ash one of her Pokemon is not a sign she wants to get into his pants.

She's just super-nice.

Oookay, I think my post was taken out of context. I just thought it was super nice kinda sweet. I was just saying(apparently not well worded) that PSers woudl be al over it and we should run from the hoard.

Thanks for the mental image by the way :/

Pika Hikari KT
30th January 2007, 1:00 AM
Is it just me, or can the animators not decide on a proper build for Aipom? ITs normal one ep, skinny(like here) the next, adn have a mega-head the one after.
This is what has always bugged me about Ash's Aipom. She's supposed to be the same size as Pikachu, but the animators keep giving her a head as big as her whole body! It's insane. But it gives the dubbing team a chance to poke fun of it--Aipom and Curcumstance being a good example("Have you been gaining weight, Aipom?!").:p

uber gon
30th January 2007, 1:02 AM
This is what has always bugged me about Ash's Aipom. She's supposed to be the same size as Pikachu, but the animators keep giving her a head as big as her whole body! It's insane. But it gives the dubbing team a chance to poke fun of it--Aipom and Curcumstance being a good example("Have you been gaining weight, Aipom?!").:p

Meh, the writers will probably stay with one size when she evolves into Eteboth.

R_N
30th January 2007, 2:37 AM
I can see the large hands already....

Any ways, as I slowly progress my way through the ep, I really like the Rampage scene. The music sounded kinda Godzilla-ish. & It was nice seeing Kabuto. & 9 other non-sinnoh pokemon.
Show me six sinnohs, I'll show 12 non sinnohs.Within 2 two episodes or less.*shakes heads*

Dax
1st February 2007, 7:17 PM
Hikari's hair moving with wind :love: :)

It was a nice episode, like the battles and how Hikari is not a clone of May. She develops her own strategy without using Ash as an example like May did. She's powerful in her own way and I love that about her, is something that Misty and May never had.

I thought the scene between Pikachu and Mimiroll was cute and I'm starting to like the bunny more. It was funny how Sudowoodo ran with Pikachu, he looked good. The plot was alright but I thought it was going to be more dark...the animation was average with some good and some bad things.

I just don't understand the inconsistency in the animation...why can't every episode of D/P have an animation like the Good Luck Mukkuru! episode?

Little Caterpie
1st February 2007, 7:34 PM
It was the worst episode from Shinou Saga! It was a wasting of time and space. Everything was about Aerodactyl who attacked the city. It used beams and finally was cought by the scientists. Even Team Rocket wasn't funny because they used boring mecha again.
Of course, some people probably like it because they could see Sodowoodo and Hikari's pokemon in fight, but really, fighting Sodowoodo or Pocchama with Mimiroru aren't special for me. I would like to see something original. The last episode was good (Pikachu vs dino-pokemon) but this one sucks.

CyberCubed
1st February 2007, 11:39 PM
It was the worst episode from Shinou Saga! It was a wasting of time and space.

Not really, the Naetle capture episode was worse.

This episode was average, wasn't that bad really.

~*Mudkip Fantastic*~
3rd February 2007, 12:07 PM
I think the animation in this ep was pretty sloppy compared to some of the earlier eps. Especcially people faces. They just seem a bit, rushed to me.

RedJirachi
10th February 2007, 3:30 AM
Jessie and James's first sucsess since they met Ash!For a minute it seemed like they captured the Aerodactyl.I wish they did..{since Aerodactyl could be cool but still shocked}Also how was Geodude affected by Pikachu?That's unpossible!

CyberCubed
10th February 2007, 3:32 AM
TR barely had a success in this episode since they couldn't control Aerodactyl.

Ryano Ra
14th February 2007, 4:26 AM
*feels left off* I only saw the pictures. ;_;

But it seemed like a pretty damn good episode to me. Another evolution. Aerodactyl. A strange, purple-orange megaboomboom attack. Ancient Pokemon. That is enough to keep me going, but I have heard about the animation and it makes me a bit worried to actually see it whenever it will come in America. ;_; But for now, I think it's a fantastic episode, judging from the pictures.

CyberCubed
14th February 2007, 4:26 AM
It was a decent episode, but it could have been much better than it was.

Yamato-san
14th May 2007, 6:17 AM
Glad Kabutops gets some screentime, although Lileep and Cradily continue to be royally gypped. Armaldo got most of the attention in the fossil filler in Hoenn, anyways, and it does again here. As for Aerodactyl, I practically don't even care about the thing anymore.

what's so great about Kabutops getting more screentime? After movie 5 and Mastermind of Mirage Pokemon, Kabutops seems like THE fossil Pokemon after Ptera. On that note, I am ticked off at the typical fossil showcasings with this episode. Kabutops, Ptera, and Armaldo get to show off once more, while Anopth, Lileela, and Yuradle STILL need to appear longer than 10 seconds.

uber gon
14th May 2007, 10:05 AM
I would've liked to see Ancientpower, though.

WaterDragon trainer
3rd July 2007, 2:00 AM
This episode was great. I found it strange how TR was able to lug that giant fossil-restoration system out in the open. It was cool to see a Giga Impact. I found it kinda funny when James kept flipping through his cards even when TR got hit by Aerodactyl’s Giga Impact. It was awesome to see all the non-Sinnoh fossil pokemon. Dawn’s Piplup and Buneary had an awesome combo. It was awesome to see a Rampardos.

Blaziryu
3rd July 2007, 3:03 AM
This was episode was alright. I don't know whether if Ash is crazy or stupid. It was crazy of him to try to block Pikachu from Aerodactyl's Hyper Beam & it was stupid of him for not taking Dawn's advice on withstanding his other Pokémon (like Bulbasaur, Totodile, Bayleaf, etc.) to beat Roark. Not only are they doing it with Ash, but the writers are also making Dawn get away with stupid sh*t by having Aerodactyl pin down by Piplup & Buneary. I mean, how the heck could Piplup & Buneary defeat Aerodactyl when it was totally pwned Ash, Brock, Roark & TR?

Momogirl
3rd July 2007, 3:22 AM
it was an OK episode. I didnt see much wrong with it, but generally it didnt grab my attention and I probobly wont remember it in the future.

i guess it kinda showed how any pokemon can beat another as long as you use the right strategy...or somehting. team rocket was pretty lame in this ep too. and im usually optimistic about episodes..oh well.

Inkan1969
4th July 2007, 12:44 AM
so far. :) She had spent most of the preceding eps understandably making newbie mistakes. But in this ep she finally had the chance to be the hero. I loved the scene where her team thrwarted Aerodactyl. Very nice strategy to evade Aerodactyl and get the drop on it. Dawn also impressed me in staying calm and self assured in the face of an attacking Aero.

So what if Ash is taking advice from Dawn. If Dawn's hit upon a good idea Ash would be a fool to ignore it.

And oh yeah, thanks for the fanservice shot (http://img182.imageshack.us/img182/9771/11697231813457jb.jpg), though Dawn's skirt suddenly grew bigger. :D

Medea
4th July 2007, 2:15 PM
Meh, not one of the best episodes, but it didn't really suck. But of all things to get beaten by, it still puzzles me with a big extinct pokemon like Aerodyctl versus Dawn's little old Piplup and Buneary but good combination move no matter how you look at it.

Reign G
5th July 2007, 11:42 PM
ZOMG! I'm glad they kept Buneary's crush on the 'Chu, but Pikachu is now her property!

Little known fact: When a rabbit places their chin on something, it releases a scent unique to each individual rabbit, that only rabbits can smell, that marks that something, whatever it may be, as their territory. Look at Buneary congratulating Pikachu, and she does just that:

http://img58.imageshack.us/img58/7351/bunearypikachinpy8.png
Buneary: "You my b**** now!"

Pearl's Perap
6th July 2007, 1:26 AM
This episode was watchable, I wouldn't say it was 'good' but anyway, yes.

Glad they have kept the bunny love and Cranidos evolving was the highlight of the episode for me, the rest was, well, rather boring.

This episode would have been more interesting with a bit of Shieldon and/or Bastiodon in my eyes, but that was destined not to happen, yet.

What fossil was it that Roark found, if any? It was really small...

5/10

xXBloodstainedLieXx
11th July 2007, 2:56 AM
This was actually one of the best episodes I've seen. I especially liked how the carnidos evolved. It was sweet.

npdargy312
18th July 2007, 9:52 AM
wasn't really that good, i didn't c the need 4 this episode aside form the evolution which could have just happend in the 1st battle anyway

Rebeccag
18th February 2008, 3:07 PM
I found this episode ok. I liked the Piplup/Bunery combination though and I liked Marian appearing on the screen in the pokemon centre saying when the next contest was going to be. I also like Cranidos evolving as well ^_^

Bolt the Cat
22nd February 2008, 5:17 PM
I liked the Piplup/Bunery combination though and I liked Marian appearing on the screen in the pokemon centre saying when the next contest was going to be.

The Piplup/Buneary combo was the stupidest thing ever created. Any idiot could do that.

I also like Cranidos evolving as well ^_^

That was one of the best parts.

In general, I thought the episode was great. Nothing's better than watching overpowered fossils wreak havoc on poor, defenseless people.

Andywoo
15th August 2008, 8:34 AM
Unbelievable. First that stupid spinning works, then Piplup and Buneary who combined probably weigh bugger all jump on Aerodactyls back and knock it out. What a load of !@#$

Other than that I didn't see anything really wrong eith the episode

wobbanut
23rd August 2008, 9:38 PM
This episode kind of felt like a retread of earlier episodes like "Attack of the Prehistoric Pokemon" and "Where's Armaldo?", but it had a couple of things going for it. Cranidos's evolution was awesome. Plus, Ash learned the spin-to-avoid technique from Dawn, which came in handy in the gym battle and future episodes. It's pretty cool, too. :) Dawn only thinking of Professor Oak as a poet instead of a professor was pretty funny too.

Of course, this episode makes me wonder how Team Rocket managed to steal what had to be a chamber heavier than a Snorlax, but this is a cartoon after all.

Tadashi
8th November 2008, 10:45 AM
Wow, Ash lost to Roark. Correct me if I'm wrong, but was he not THE Battle Frontier Champion? T_T Seriously, what the h3ll?!

Aside from that, the rest was good. Rampardos was awesome, crushing Team Rocket on its own ^^ I just can't believe Ash had to be protected by a cotton-swab bunny and a whiny blue penguin... *heavy sigh*

Rommath
31st January 2009, 6:47 PM
Meh, it was okay, I guess. Surprised that Ash lost to Roark, but there have been a few episodes where Ash loses to a Gym Leader the the next episode or a few episodes later beats them. The Rampardos was strong, and I liked how Ash learned the spin technique in this episode.

(s.i.e)
10th March 2009, 3:29 PM
it's not one of the best episode but it's something so i shouldn't complain i guess,
better luck next time.

S.Suikun
25th May 2009, 1:55 AM
People consider this one of Diamond & Pearl's weakest episodes; I don't think it's half-bad. And if we're only counting episodes prior, it's certainly better than Naetle's capture or the Poketch episode. I really like how Team Rocket was handled in Kurogane, as they took a backseat for two episodes in order to come into the limelight here. I like the sense of urgency present in this episode that really elevates it above your standard Team Rocket scheme, even if they quickly lose control of it. I mean, come on, they get freakin' tanks in there! It's also nice for Hyouta to get in on some action outside the gym, and it was nice to give Aerodactyl a role again after so long. Still, I continue to be perplexed by the writers' apparent bias of Armaldo and Kabutops over Omastar and Cradily.

Not that this episode was really fantastic by any stretch of imagination. For one, the animation is wretched. But considering Team Rocket's whole build-up to this episode, you would expect more out of them. In addition, these episodes that feature ancient Pokemon rampages all seem...the same. This episode just isn't remarkable enough to set itself apart from Kanto's or Hoenn's fossil outings. At least Zugaidos' evolution is well-done, and certainly the preferrable method over evolving in the gym battle and winning ala Abra or Makuhita. And it is always nice to see Satoshi adopt a particular battle strategy and continue using it.

C+

Littlemyuu
13th June 2009, 12:51 AM
Nice episode, i saw better ones but its ok

Mr. Smile
25th July 2009, 1:12 PM
This episode was okay. It wasn't that good or bad. Ash wasn't wise when he decided to stick with Pikachu, Aipom, & Turtwig. He should have called Kingler, Bulbasaur, Totodile, etc.. Cranidos should have evolved at Ash's first battle against Roark. Dawn's combination attack wasn't very creative.

6/10.

Rainbowdashtheawesome
13th September 2009, 11:41 PM
I found it stupid that when Cranidos evolved, Roark stated "Cranidos evolved just now." Yeah Roark, we know. It's as if he's addressing someone with no idea what pokemon evolution is.
It was funny as **** when Dawn thrashed Aerodactyl with the spinning move she had only just invented.

Ash-kid
18th December 2009, 10:46 AM
Hmmm. the fossil pokemon were very angry.

Especially Erodactyl, it was so mad.

And i loved to see Dawn training with Piplup and Buneary.

8/10

KGB13
15th January 2010, 7:25 PM
It was pretty ridiculous how TR stole that huge fossil restoration machine and thought it was great idea to sit out in the broad daylight with it, they're hilarious :D. I'm glad everyone was training in this episode, that's what Ash should have been doing before. I'm also glad that Roark brought up the fact that Ash was too focused on Paul and needed to focus more on their battle because that's exactly what I was thinking. I thought it was pretty cool that Dawn unexpectedly saved the day and defeated that Berserk Aerodactyl with Piplup and Buneary. Overall it was a good episode.

Lorde
17th January 2010, 3:29 AM
Fossil Pokemon going on a rampage? Where have I seen this before? *cough Kanto/Hoenn/PokemonChronicles cough*.

I didn't like this episode and I consider it to be one of Sinnoh's worst episodes ONLY because they added it right after a Gym Battle so it would serve as a training episode. That just seemed pointless since the training only lasted a short while. There's nothing I dislike more than training episodes right after Gym Battles. Aerodactyl showed off Giga Impact though, so it proved useful for something. 2/10.

Willow's Tara
31st May 2010, 8:37 AM
I don't think it's too bad, although I wish they hadn't taken forever to get the rematch or get the first match (But I see why they did in the first place). It was interesting to see Aerodactly again but it has been done before. You know with these Pokemon always showing up (Not to mention two gym leaders having two of them) soon enough they aren't really going to be extinct (We already got like a colony of thousands Kabuto from like the OI sleeping somewhere and Omanyte/Omastars in Hoenn somewhere in a lake(

wind21
22nd June 2010, 2:23 AM
For the first time in a while, I'm giving reviews on consecutive episodes. So that means this episode must be important, and it is. But as other people have noted, for an episode that is important, it's one you're likely to skip. That's b/c the main plot is not the best, and not one you'll be on the edge of your seats for, although again the writers did a solid job setting this all up.

So why am I reviewing this episode? Well, it's for 2 conversations at the beginning of the episode, and one conservation at the end, with Ash being involved in all three. The first conversation features Dawn advising Ash to ask Professor Oak for Pokemon that are good match-ups against Roark's pokemon (she even offers Ash the use of Piplup if he wants). Ash refuses, saying it's not the way he wants to win. When Dawn doesn't get the logic (winning is winning, right-why make it tougher than it has to be), Ash points out the way Paul won, and says if Paul can do it, than so can he. Dawn eventually lets it go, though she still does not understand what Ash is talking about. All right, this is interesting for a few reasons. From Ash's point of view, it shows that in spite of Paul's lack of respect for his Pokemon, Paul is still a very skillful trainer who has begun to earn Ash's respect. But b/c Paul's philosophy in training Pokemon is so contrary to Ash's, Ash cannot just let it go that Paul succeeded at winning the badge using super effective moves rather than super effective Pokemon, while he did not. If he did, how could he ever really respect himself as a trainer or person? It's a real sign of growing up, if you consider what Ash's having to deal with. Most of the time for kids, life is about right or wrong. And with Ash and Paul, it's easy at first glance to say Ash is the good guy and Paul is the bad guy. Maybe that's the way Ash looked at it to start with. But at this point in the story, it isn't. Ash isn't trying to prove Paul wrong right now; he can't, after all, as Paul did win the gym battle. What Ash is trying to do is be able to look himself in the mirror; he needs to see that what he believes in is still okay. As a nineteen year old, I really think that's something that's more realistic. Most of the time, life doesn't simplify to good guy and bad guy. All you can ask for is to know you're a decent person with the right ideals-which is what Ash is trying to reassure himself of by winning his first gym battle using the training style he believes in.

Now for Dawn. I said in my review for the first episode of the diamond and pearl series that the writers have tried to balance her being like Ash vs. being a new coordinator. Here's one instance. Dawn in this episode has no idea what Ash is talking about with regards to how one wins; and honestly, I would imagine she feels like he's being foolish. But actually, down the road in a later contest, Dawn ends up making a remark similar to Ash's after she wins her first battle in the 2nd round; she says she wished she had won it in a different way. She's asked what else could she want besides winning by someone traveling along for a bit, and Dawn steadfastly says she wished she could have tried out different moves. That person also questions why Dawn would use a pokemon in what would be its first contest considering that this ribbon is so important for her, and Dawn basically smiles it off, saying she doesn't know until she tries-totally Ash like. The more Sinnoh goes along, the more Dawn comes to respect, and then admire, the way Ash trains, and she picks up more and more of his qualities. By the time Dawn is an experienced coordinator, Dawn and Ash really are very similar in the way they treat their pokemon and their philosophies on battling (although their styles remain distinct; I'm talking more about winning and losing). Still, there has to be some balance in the beginning, and it wouldn't be any fun if Dawn was exactly like Ash just b/c it perfectly works out they way. They're both courageous, and they both care for their pokemon. Things are limited to that in the beginning, and it develops as we go along.

Wow, I'm tired. But there's more I want to write about, and hopefully it won't take so much space. Okay. The 2nd conversation is Roark reminding Ash that he's battling him, not Paul. This really just goes back to the other point I made; Ash has to focus on proving his style right, and not on proving Paul wrong.

The third conversation at the end is Ash asking Dawn to teach him her spinning move. It's great for a couple of things. One is that even though Dawn is a new coordinator, she still is her own person with a unique style, and her individual creativity is, well, new. Experience doesn't mean anything as far as that's concerned. The way Ash handles that is also really wonderful; he asks her to teach him, and well....How to say this? I think the writers did a great job in making this scene very natural, in a way it doesn't make it seem like Dawn is more talented than Ash (or Ash is more talented than Dawn or anything like that). The scene is very in character for both of them, and I'm not sure how to express it any differently than that. Many times, I think, I've seen shows where when a new character is introduced, the writers have to convince us that this new character is extremely special, and I sort of get the feeling this comes at the expense of upstaging an older character. This scene doesn't do that, and I enjoy it alot. It's a way to create respect for Dawn without disrespecting Ash, if that makes any sense.

saar
8th July 2010, 11:33 AM
The fossil pokemon episode was great. All of them were very angry, only Buneary and Piplup have managed to stop them.
And good to see Roark's Rampardos.:)

~Platinum~
25th July 2010, 3:16 AM
Grrrr. I've only seen the last 5 minutes of this episode where Cranidos evolves and Dawn shows off the spin technique. Well, its good that the writers are doing something new and having a gym leader's pokemon evolve. And the spin technique is the most well known and used technique of Ash's in Sinnoh. So this episode was pretty good for setting things up for future episodes. But I still have yet to see the whole thing. :/

Painkiller2001
7th November 2010, 8:27 PM
I don't think I've seen an Aerodactyl since waaaaaaaaaay back in the first generation in "Attack of the Prehistoric Pokemon!"

Roark's Cranidos evolves into an awesome-looking Rampardos. This should give Ash a run for his money in his re-match with Roark.

Lance The Champ
28th November 2010, 10:06 AM
Aerodactyl was newly revived and it had Giga Impact? How?

G50
27th April 2011, 6:57 AM
This episode was ok... It was cool to see an Aerodactyl again, it's Giga Impact attack was very powerful. I'm glad Cranidos evolved into Rampardos, Rampardos looks very cool. It was great for Ash to have his Pokemon learn the spinning dodges after he saw Dawn's Pokemon using them. It was cool to see Kabutops and Armaldo again.

40/100

BurningSociety12345543210
16th June 2012, 10:07 PM
It was strange to see Buneary and Piplup jump on top of Aerodactyl, and actually cause him damage that way.

So, apparently, all Ash needed to do to beat Roark was make his pokemon spin in mid-air. Sure, that makes sense.

Dawn+Serena Fan
11th August 2012, 1:15 AM
I just watched this episode today, this is 1 of my favorite episodes. I love the rampaging Aerodactyl, Kabutops, and Armaldo. Also Craniados evolving into Rampardos was awesome. Team Rocket actually had a good plan for once, but they messed that up XD. Also, Dawn invents the spinning move in this episode, against the Aerodactyl, it was awesome to see her use that.
Since this is like 1 of my favorite episodes in the DP series, I give it an 11/10!

PokemontrainerY
1st November 2013, 6:57 AM
Meh, this episode was a letdown. The animation was terrible, Aipom looked so weird with big head. Also, The characters looked awful, their faces(especially their eyes) were messed up.

It's annoying when Dawn called Prof. Oak a poet. Also, Dawn's spinning technique working all of sudden was weird. Dawn's Piplup and Buneary taking Aerodactyl down didn't make sense. I mean.....what's up with her cutsy Pokémon defeating a strong Pokémon like Areodactyl? Tbh, that spinning combo attack was cheap and it's shown to be a OP combo in this episode. Seriously, how could an Aerodactyl to go down so easily?

Team Rocket was annoying as usual and they bored me in this episode. Oh well, at least Ramperdos blasted them off.

The only parts I liked in this episodes are....

- The fossil Pokémon causing a havoc in the city.

- Roark's Cranidos evolving into a Ramperdos

-Ash training his Pokémon before challenging Roark again.

Other than that, this episode was lame.

Dawn+Serena Fan
17th January 2014, 7:32 AM
I wish that Dawn caught that Aerodactyl. It would have been a great addition to her team and it would have been interesting to see her use it in her contests.

Lorde
27th November 2014, 12:03 AM
I cackled when the staff from the mining museum realized that their big machine was gone; seeing TR with it in the woods was just so ridiculous that I laughed. Anyway, seeing Roark's Cranidos evolve into Rampardos here was cool, as was seeing Dawn's Buneary and Piplup develop that spinning technique that would come in handy later.

Painkiller2001
12th December 2014, 4:07 AM
When Ash says that him Pikachu, Turtwig and Aipom are a team, I couldn't but think "poor, poor Staravia".