PDA

View Full Version : possible mistake??

pyreshade
27th January 2007, 6:26 PM
I'm not sure if it counts as shiny but in the "Shinys in anime" section they dont have the pink butterfree that appeared early in the anime

Serebii
27th January 2007, 6:31 PM
The index page of it says that it doesn't count as a Shiny Pokemon. It is not a Shiny Pokemon. Its colours do not match the Shiny Butterfree

Celebitwo
27th January 2007, 6:54 PM
The section also has no mention of the Purple Kecleon that appears in the Johto episode 'The Kecleon Caper' and the myterious Dungeon Episode. I know that this isn't a Shiny Pokemon either but couldn't it be mentioned in the same way as the Pink Butterfree

Rieekan
2nd February 2007, 3:41 PM
Nintendo Power always refers to them as "specially colored" Pokemon.

m190049
2nd February 2007, 10:09 PM
I wonder why those pokemon are colerd that way then if they are not shiny.

Well, remember that island that turns all pokemon that eat a certan fruit pink? maybe thats why the butterfree was pink.

You know what would be a cool episode. On a travels, ash runs into a caterpie. but something is wrong about it! Its pink too! The, ash sees the pink butterfree and his episode! Reunion! lol.

Redeevee
11th February 2007, 1:08 AM
i think they made it pink to make it stand out as a female mate.

007pikachu
11th February 2007, 1:36 AM
i dont know how they thought of pink but thats not shiny

hopeless2007
11th February 2007, 1:58 AM
I would LOVE to see ash and his butterfree meet up again.

But...taking into account the lifespan of most insects...

But who knows! Maybe Butterfree will swoop in someday as a uberpowered bug pokemon from heck to save the day.

RaZoR LeAf
11th February 2007, 12:05 PM
I think the question was answered a while ago, and to stop this turning into an anime discussion, I'm closing it.

Besides, I'm 99% sure, than in the japanese original, the pokedex tells Ash that Butterfree breed then die. That's why he was crying at the end of the episode. Obviously this was cut from the english dub, so it didn't let the innocent american children actually think about things.