PDA

View Full Version : Naruto vs. 666 Satan

zonic the hedgehog
28th January 2007, 8:34 AM
A bit less random than most of the vs. threads here, I think.

Kishimoto Seishi's creation, 666 SATAN vs. Kishimoto Masashi's creation, NARUTO.

http://img246.imageshack.us/img246/3104/666satancover01ns6.jpg http://img253.imageshack.us/img253/3527/naruto5jpgee2.jpg

As if you couldn't tell already, both of these manga authors are related. They are both brothers, Seishi being the younger brother and Masashi being the older brother.

I wanted to see which brother has the better creation. XP

For me, I'll go with 666 Satan.

Reasons Why:

-no filler hell. (no anime, so no fillers, YAY!)
-Jio is 100000000x more hot than Naruto. (Timeskip Jio... *drool*)
-Story in 666 Satan doesn't become worse in Timeskip like Naruto's does.
-Jio is a lot more interesting of a character than Naruto and less generic (I mean, he's possessed by Satan yet he's also the main hero...)
-Characters in 666 Satan are also much more interesting than Naruto characters, as all of them actually have backgrounds, WHOAMG! 8O

The only thing I'd say Naruto beats 666 Satan at is the artwork in the earlier chapters. 666 Satan has fugly artwork in the first few volumes, but it gets much better (and chances are, it probably isn't done on the computer! :O ).

There's also the fact that the beginning to 666 Satan is very 'meh' compared to the beginning of Naruto, but it gets better while Naruto gets worse.

Anywho, discuss.

BattleFranky~40
28th January 2007, 8:35 AM
666 Satan is actually good (especially after the Time Jump). So 666 Satan.

zonic the hedgehog
28th January 2007, 8:49 AM
It also has... A BLACK KID AS ONE OF THE MAIN CHARACTERS!

It's so incredibly rare for that in manga/anime, and even if Ball is somewhat of a stereotype, it's just a good change of pace between other heroes in shounen.

LOL, BLACK PEOPLE

http://img46.imageshack.us/img46/381/ball014uw.jpg

BattleFranky~40
28th January 2007, 8:51 AM
http://img443.imageshack.us/img443/7694/chocolove4episode37si1.jpg
Listen to my jokes!

That Scary Clefairy
28th January 2007, 1:13 PM
666 Satan by far.

Catalyst
28th January 2007, 5:06 PM
666 Satan, though I find Naruto's artwork better in the earlier stages.

UberSorcerer
29th January 2007, 3:28 AM
I haven't read Satan 666... and this is the first I have heard about it, so I wikied... sounds interesting and not as linier as I want to be hokage and have a fox in me.

Kazekage
29th January 2007, 4:35 AM
I haven't Read 666 satan but it sounds like a big step up from most shonen manga

Kabuto
29th January 2007, 5:22 AM
Hmmm 666 Satan interests me actually. Probably looking at how he followed in his brothers footsteps while incorporating his own style into it. Sort of like my relationship with my elder brother/ Still have to go with naruto though.

zonic the hedgehog
29th January 2007, 6:04 AM
I haven't read Satan 666... and this is the first I have heard about it, so I wikied... sounds interesting and not as linier as I want to be hokage and have a fox in me.

Well, it's licensed by Viz now, so you should go and pick it up! ^_^
I guarantee that after a few volumes, you will be hooked! http://img181.imageshack.us/img181/7209/smileyer6.gif

The title in America is O-Parts Hunter though, for obvious reasons... (666 Satan is probably too controversial of a title).

Other reasons why I like 666 Satan is that there's a good mix of stuff in there. Romance, comedy (toilet humor though XD), action, and adventure.

Whereas Naruto is missing romance and some humor [that's actually funny].

UberSorcerer
29th January 2007, 11:44 AM
Well, it's licensed by Viz now, so you should go and pick it up! ^_^
I guarantee that after a few volumes, you will be hooked! http://img181.imageshack.us/img181/7209/smileyer6.gif

Gotta see if it comes into Phantom Zone.. VIZ Manga is rare down here, have to go to comic shops >_> while ones like FMA and NGE are in EB's, go figure.

Xeice
29th January 2007, 11:46 AM
Easily 666 Satan.......

For future references, unless your choosing between Naruto and Pokemon, Naruto is NEVER going to get picked in these kind of polls......

Just saving you some time.....

zonic the hedgehog
29th January 2007, 12:20 PM
Easily 666 Satan.......

For future references, unless your choosing between Naruto and Pokemon, Naruto is NEVER going to get picked in these kind of polls......

It's also a plug for 666 Satan. :O

More people must read this manga, really. Naruto gets all the spotlight, yet people fail to realize that there is better shounen out there, which includes this.

Xeice
29th January 2007, 12:28 PM
It's also a plug for 666 Satan. :O

More people must read this manga, really. Naruto gets all the spotlight, yet people fail to realize that there is better shounen out there, which includes this.

I'm just saying, since most of the polls I see are "Naruto vs some random manga"...... At most, Naruto's a decent manga. It just agitates me that some people think that since Naruto more mainstream than some other manga's, that makes Naruto better........

Ok, my rant is over =D

K-flygon
29th January 2007, 12:41 PM
i havent seen 666 satan.. but it cant be good if its about satanic things... so they both suck since i dont like naruto either

Xeice
29th January 2007, 12:44 PM
i havent seen 666 satan.. but it cant be good if its about satanic things... so they both suck since i dont like naruto either

Try reading before judging......

UberSorcerer
29th January 2007, 1:08 PM
DW about it The_Game, they are most likely a die hard Christian to have that narrow view.

MugenKeiji
29th January 2007, 1:45 PM
http://img443.imageshack.us/img443/7694/chocolove4episode37si1.jpg
Listen to my jokes!

Must sedate...racially charged...anger...towards...Takei!

Yeah I'd prefer the (supposed) black dude on 666 Satan because he doesn't look like the butt baby of Jim Crow and Lil' Black Sambo.

Super Gullwing
29th January 2007, 1:54 PM
I've never heard of 666 Satan. XP

But Naruto for me. Always. XD

That Scary Clefairy
29th January 2007, 2:34 PM
Must sedate...racially charged...anger...towards...Takei!

Yeah I'd prefer the (supposed) black dude on 666 Satan because he doesn't look like the butt baby of Jim Crow and Lil' Black Sambo.

The perfect and awesome Black dude in anime is Dutch from Black Lagoon. I bet you'll like him.

Bob Makaihara from Tenjo tenge is also cool but he's half black and half japanese, something must happen in anime law :rolleyes:

K-flygon
29th January 2007, 8:53 PM
DW about it The_Game, they are most likely a die hard Christian to have that narrow view.

why whould ANYONE christian or not watch something about satan??? only a satanist whould do that.. are you satanists??

I was just making a point about the name of the anime its not very good.. i have never seen it so i dont know what its about... so you guys should really chill out ok?

Take Care
~;330;

Demon of Light
29th January 2007, 9:02 PM
why whould ANYONE christian or not watch something about satan??? only a satanist whould do that.. are you satanists??

You're just making assumptions without trying it. Anime, manga, books, movies, plays and anything else about or including Satan isn't automatically bad just because it has Satan in it, and just because someone chooses to watch something where Satan is a character doesn't make him or her a freakin' Satanist. You're a moron if you truly believe that.

As for the topic. I never read 666 Satan, and I'm truly inclined not to because whenever people mention the stupid thing, they have to compare it to Naruto and go '666 Satan is sooooooooo much better than Naruto cuz Naruto sux lol :)' and people that diss things I like for no good reason get on my nerves. So it's like... I won't read it on principle.

K-flygon
29th January 2007, 9:33 PM
well you do have a point, but thats not exactly what i meant.. i have watched lots of movies that have satan in them, but i think that an anime called 666 Satan really drives you off.. i mean i dont want to see it and im not interested...

Naruto sux though i agree on that...

Demon of Light
29th January 2007, 9:41 PM
well you do have a point, but thats not exactly what i meant.. i have watched lots of movies that have satan in them, but i think that an anime called 666 Satan really drives you off.. i mean i dont want to see it and im not interested...

It drives you off. It attracts other people to the manga. You have no right to say 'this series is probably bad' just because the title drives you off. You didn't even give it a chance and you're insulting the people that do like it.

Naruto sux though i agree on that...

*groan* I just said that I hate when people diss Naruto for no reason. Reading comprehension?

zonic the hedgehog
2nd February 2007, 12:45 AM
I'm just saying, since most of the polls I see are "Naruto vs some random manga"...... At most, Naruto's a decent manga. It just agitates me that some people think that since Naruto more mainstream than some other manga's, that makes Naruto better........

Ok, my rant is over =D

Ahh... I meant to reply all of this stuff a long time ago, but I had to reinstall Windows XP and all the drivers (damn you virus!). ;-;

Umm, anyway, this isn't random.

The manga authors are twin brothers and both have manga with a main character that has somehting inside of him.

There are a lot of similarities so I think this is probably a better one.

Unfortunately, most people on this forum haven't read 666 Satan (or O-Parts Hunter as it's called in the US), so they'll naturally be more inclined to pick Naruto.

I was just making a point about the name of the anime its not very good.. i have never seen it so i dont know what its about... so you guys should really chill out ok?

666 Satan has NOTHING (nada, zilch, ZIP) to do with Christianity.

It's about a religion called Kabbalah, and the only resemblance to Christianity is the mention of Satan, devils, and angels.

Everything else is completely different.

Satan isn't depicted in a good light, either. Even if you don't like things about devils, they aren't seen as the good guys, so why are you complaining?

Also, IT'S FICTION. I also recommend actually reading it before saying those things.

I like that 666 Satan is really good with female character's roles. Ruby is really useful in the Timeskip (way more than Sakura ever will be) and her romantic relationship with Jio is soooo cute! ^^ <3

I think it's really neat that Ruby is an angel and Jio is possessed by Satan but they really do like each other.
I think that's pretty interesting...

Super-Staff
18th February 2007, 10:14 PM

Take Care
~;330;

::Rolls eyes:: Yeah, let's all automatically assume that something with 'Satan' or 'Demon' in the title is about evil and promoting sacrificing baby animals to volcanoes (or whatever it is that people who worship the Devil do).

Anyway, I think that 666 Satan is a lot better than Naruto. Yes, I've only read a little bit of it, but it seems to be more interesting than pretty much the entire Naruto series. :/

InfinityZero
20th February 2007, 5:19 AM
Well, I wasn't originally, too impressed by the first chapter due to the art, but once the story got going I'd have to say its one of my favorite shonen mangas.

And to me, the Opening to Naruto Shippuden sounds like it would actually go well with a 666 Satan anime.
Anyone, actually know how popular 666 Satan is in Japan?

BattleFranky~40
20th February 2007, 5:24 AM
Nowhere near the popularity of Naruto, Bleach, and One Piece.

InfinityZero
20th February 2007, 6:55 AM
Hmm, well, I figured it wasn't as popular as them. I can usually just randomly come across websites about Naruto, Bleach, or One Piece. However, its pretty hard to come across any mention of 666 Satan, even just on some forum, like this one.

That Scary Clefairy
20th February 2007, 7:58 PM
Have it not been for the fact that the author was Kishi's twin bro, I doubt 666 Satan would even be recognize.

SucKa XD
22nd February 2007, 11:01 PM
666 Satan is what I'm reading right now and I like the story line much more than Naruto, but I like Naruto a lot also.

Tyranitar455
25th February 2007, 4:51 AM
666 Satans is 10x better than Naruto due to it not having a horrible generic storyline like Naruto does...

FireKero!
25th February 2007, 4:55 AM
Well, I was going to say that Naruto is better, what with me never reading 666 and all. But now that I've found out htat there is a BLACK person as one of the main characters, this series=always win.

666 Satan>>>>Naruto, anyday. :D

That Scary Clefairy
25th February 2007, 8:42 PM
Ball isn't really black if you look closer at him. Yea he has those drealock type hair style but his skin look more tan than black.

Catalyst
4th March 2007, 4:59 AM
I thought the first volume of 666 Satan didn't do much for the series, so I read some more, and it gets much better, it's rather enjoyable, nothing beyond that though.

zonic the hedgehog
6th March 2007, 9:21 PM
Ball isn't really black if you look closer at him. Yea he has those drealock type hair style but his skin look more tan than black.

I'm betting he's half and half, seeing as his father looks like him, although his mother looks nothing like him but looks more like his sister.

GaaraShike
21st March 2007, 1:32 PM
Easily 666 Satan.......

I pick naruto.Although,666 satan sounds interesting.i might go and check it out.To k-flygon,you sound just like this kid in my neighborhood."i dont even watch naruto,thats how gay it is".just because you dont like it doesent mean it suxs all around.I too,am a christian btw.

Shadow_Lugia_Master
21st March 2007, 2:25 PM
Naruto.all the way. And like gaarashiike, im a christian too.

SenorPresidente
21st March 2007, 2:37 PM
aren't they both twins?