PDA

View Full Version : Better site for pokemon equations?

Dkrocks
29th January 2007, 8:38 PM
Serebii's equations are pretty screwed up. I don't know who wrote those articles, but they don't seem to understand the order of operations, and they miss a lot of little things.

a) Are there any sites that offer more (or all) of the equations that contribute to the game.
b) Are there any sites that have the <i>right</i> equations that contribute to the game (as I understand it, no one really has the IVs down pat).

Cipher 2008
29th January 2007, 8:52 PM
And you are?...

Besides, who are you to say Serebii's articles are wrong?

bubblybubbly-bubba
29th January 2007, 9:14 PM
How do you know that serebiis equations are wrong?And if you know they're wrong you must know what the correct ones must be!(or not........)

Saur
29th January 2007, 9:53 PM
well theres psypokes but serebii has more info but psypoke has correct info

Haris
29th January 2007, 10:02 PM
How do you know that serebiis equations are wrong?And if you know they're wrong you must know what the correct ones must be!(or not........)
I just stumbled upon this thread. I know that they are wrong. This is because I own Pokemon Online (POL) and we have just finished the basic battle engine. POL is a Pokemon MMORPG if you didn't already know. Now, when people are battling, the damage done to a pokemon is way off and a lot of other things are wrong. We're now looking for other sources of battle formulae.

MonopolyMoneyBag
30th January 2007, 12:13 AM
And you are?...

Besides, who are you to say Serebii's articles are wrong?

Agreed 100%. You are who now? Besides if you know Serebii's equations are wrong figure it out yourself! If you can make a MMORPG, then you must be able to do something. If not try something I call 'Google'.

Raito
30th January 2007, 12:56 AM
I use a faq from Gamespot's Emerald section for Pokemon formula

kirkeastment
30th January 2007, 1:03 AM
^you cannot link directly to gamespots FAQ's

Raito
30th January 2007, 1:31 AM
For real, why not?

Dkrocks
31st January 2007, 3:56 AM
Thanks for the help (some of you), and a big-old "screw you!" to those of you who just came in here flaming, thinking I was trolling the site. I love Serebii.net, but I would prefer correct equations (I would also prefer that serebii not say that these equations are correct).

SBaby
9th February 2007, 2:03 AM
Some sites actually direct you to another page if you go to a direct linked URL.

If you ever search for Pics on the net, you'll see a prime example of this.