PDA

View Full Version : serebii.net chat

southpark_fan
31st January 2007, 11:06 AM
For how long can you be banned from the chat? I've been banned from it for two days for a very bad reason.

RaZoR LeAf
31st January 2007, 6:07 PM
If it's for a 'very bad reason' as you put it, it will be a permanent ban, because people would rather you not be there.

~Drew~
31st January 2007, 6:41 PM
southpark_fan, I saw the moment you were banned, and I wouldn't be suprised if it was permanent. Sorry, but I think you'll have to play outside from now on. :[
On the other hand, people are perma banned for the stupidest reasons.
I've been banned for 2 days for accidentally posting a picture link. While MC who posted one on purpous 7 seconds earlier had Blissey_Beam commenting it and LOLing at it. So you might have been banned by Blissey_Beam for a pointless reason of his. And don't try asking him why, because he says he cant answer your question.
Sorry, but I think you're banned for good.

Fiery Blaziken
1st February 2007, 12:19 AM
Links are supposed to be scripted kicks for 5 minutes, how'd you get one for 2 days?

~Drew~
1st February 2007, 12:45 AM
Links are supposed to be scripted kicks for 5 minutes, how'd you get one for 2 days?

Go ask Chansey_Cannon AKA Blissey_Beam. They say the moment I am unbanned from the script, he bans my adress again. I tell you, Torkoal_Greg is a better Half-op than that guy.

southpark_fan
1st February 2007, 3:37 AM
Is there a way to get un-banned or something like that? If so, can anyone tell me?

XD002
4th February 2007, 6:39 AM
I just got banned for "obvious troll" by Captain_Chris. I could use words to decribe the insanity for this, but I'd rather not on this forum (I'd probably be banned or get a lot of infraction points). He said you'd be kicked if you used improper English. I asked if I had to use proper capitalization and punctuation, then he bans me. So it looked like either way I was doomed.

Simply outrageous.That was a terrible reason to ban someone. Can I get some sort of justice here? If not, I can just leave both the forum and chat and never come back, if you find my behavior unacceptable. I'm just trying to follow the rules, and I still get into trouble. I can't be perfect. It makes me not want to post ot join the chat knowing that people are going to find some sort of reason to get me in trouble.

Chris
4th February 2007, 7:57 AM
Don't try to play innocent. ;\

<Captain_Chris> From this point on, if you do not type proper English, you will be booted from the chat.
<Mr_Pocchama> We have to type in proper English?
<N00B> apparently
<N00B> did I spell that right?
<Captain_Chris> If you're gonna type "what," don't spell it as "wot" "wut" or "wat"
<N00B> Must I use capitalization?
<N00B> Punctuation?

Being a smartass about things doesn't help one's case. ;\ Not to mention, you had also been RPing in the chat earlier when it's not allowed.

XD002
4th February 2007, 5:57 PM
But I was saying that we all play roles, the roles of ourselves. I wasn't changing my nick to Samus and talking like I was her, I was saying that I play the role of N00B.

I wasn't being a smartass. I was just checking to see if I needed to use capitalization or punctuation. I'm supposed to follow rules, right? Well when people like you (ops, I think?) set rules, I try to follow them. Well it's hard to follow rules when you don't know exactly what you're expected to do. Would you have rather I not asked? Then I probably would've been banned anyway for not using capitalization and punctuation! So either way I was in trouble!

Just my opinion, but I think this place is too strict. The only way I don't get into trouble is if I don't post. It seems like I'm doing nothing wrong and the staff finds some way to make it negative (like say I'm "trolling").

I know what trolling is and I was't trying to start anything. I was only trying to follow the rules. I'm only playing innocent because I AM innocent. You're making me look like the one who was in the wrong when I was only trying to be good.

LuciRuki
6th February 2007, 3:07 PM
There should be rules stating that we cannot post links or pictures. I posted a link for a debate we were having and something happened, I wasn't sure if I was banned or my internet went down or something. It was wierd.

Also, because Chat is very new to me, what are those "+" besides people's name? Also I am guessing that the "%" are the mods?

XD002
6th February 2007, 11:30 PM
Well, the chat rules specifically say not to post links.

Kirby
9th February 2007, 9:13 AM
There should be rules stating that we cannot post links or pictures. I posted a link for a debate we were having and something happened, I wasn't sure if I was banned or my internet went down or something. It was wierd.

Also, because Chat is very new to me, what are those "+" besides people's name? Also I am guessing that the "%" are the mods?

People with a + by their names have been voiced, and are able to talk when the chat is muted. When muted, only those with a +, % or @ by their name may talk. All other people are unable to talk.

The chat is rarely muted, in fact in all the time I have been there, it hasn't been muted once.

People with a % next to their name are halfops, and are able to give temporary voices, and kick/ban people. However, %'s cannot kick or ban anyone with an @ next to their name.

People with an @ next to their name are either an aop or an sop. Aop means auto operator, and they can add voices to the access list, kick/ban people, and also can kick/ban people with the % next to their name.

Sop means super operator, they can add new aops, sops, halfops, and voices to the access list, and kick/ban everyone, and add akicks, which basically will auto kick someone with a certain IP. Akicks, or auto kicks, are added only when someone has severaly broken the rules.

Hope I helped/got it all right >_>;

facetious
9th February 2007, 10:13 AM
Well, the chat rules specifically say not to post links.
Yet people continuously worm their way around it by removing the http:// at the start of the URL. :rolleyes:

Torkoal Greg
10th February 2007, 3:55 AM
Yet people continuously worm their way around it by removing the http:// at the start of the URL. :rolleyes:

Actually, that is not quite accurate. Since I have been halfoped, I have kept my scripts on, at all times. And my scripts kick you for using '.nets' '.coms' '.orgs' etc. So you can remove the 'http://' all you want, post anything ending with '.com' or whatever, you will be kicked.

Anyway, to answer the question, scripted bans last between 3-10 minutes. Sometimes you'll be banned, and if the op that banned you doesn't unban you, your on the ban list until the ban list is cleared, which could be from 1 day - 4/5 days.

Also ~Drew~, thanks for the compliment, but I am no better than any of the others there. I consider myself equal to them. Just because some of them ban for other reasons than I would, does not make me better. We're all just different.

Gargomon251
21st April 2007, 3:09 PM
Some of them seem to have a hair-trigger, and are rather irate about the simplest violations, even if unintentional....