PDA

View Full Version : Twice Smitten, Once Shy! (487)

Serebii
9th February 2007, 11:01 AM
http://www.serebii.net/anime/NextOn/487.jpgTwice Smitten, Once Shy!

During their travels through the Sinnoh region, Dawn finds a rather hyper Pachirisu. Dawn is eager to capture the Pachirisu. However, Jessie of Team Rocket also has her eyes set on it. Will Dawn get a Pachirisu or will Jessie end up capturing it for herself?

Visit The Episode Guide (http://www.serebii.net/anime/epiguide/shinou/487.shtml)

Discuss

Geodude
9th February 2007, 1:01 PM
Wow, I wasn't expecting Hikari to actually release and re-capture Pachirisu. Excellent episode, lots of slapstick comedy too.

And the attack with the heart that everyone was wondering about in the speculation thread turned out to be Sweet Kiss.

scissorX
9th February 2007, 1:17 PM
Real good animation and even better personality for Pachirisu!

The End
9th February 2007, 2:26 PM
A hilarious episode, really enjoyed watching it.

I think thats the first time we have had 2 electric pokemon in the anime series for the main characters. This will be interesting to see in future episodes.

Porygandrew
9th February 2007, 2:29 PM
What happened with TR? It looked like Pachirisu went willingly with them for a bit, then they exploded, and it hopped back with Hikari? o.O?

TeddiUrsa
9th February 2007, 2:33 PM
What happened with TR? It looked like Pachirisu went willingly with them for a bit, then they exploded, and it hopped back with Hikari? o.O?

TR glued the twerps onto the ground with a special TR glue.
Pichirisu went with TR to steal the anti-glue spray which meowth used to free Pichirisu.
It used an eletric-attack in the ballon which caused an explosion.

Pachirisu used the stolen spray to free Hikari and the others.

Ashy Boy
9th February 2007, 2:41 PM
Jessie seemed really eager (and not surprisingly cocky) of capturing that Pachirisu. It's just like what happened in I Feel Skitty when she wanted the Skitty to herself.

Weav-vile
9th February 2007, 6:25 PM
Just watched the whole thing! My, my, my, excellent one!

Wanna know why? Lemme try to convince you, then.

- Pachirisu! Guys, that thing is an hyper Pokémo! XD I love how it's all playful, all cute and all powerful by the same time... And it even fools Team Rocket and saves everybody! Super duper kawaii! Ah, and the spark attack, of course. Looks like it becomes kinda tired when it uses it, but still...

- Hikari. Lots of character development with her - She got all emotional when she decides do realease Pachi after [thinking that] she realized that it didn't want to be with her. Lots of fanservice there too! Really nice.

- Really funny episode! Full of funny moments, interesting gimmick with Pachirisu, etc, etc.

- The first electric Pokémon in the main team aside for Pikachu in th whole Pokémon history! Glad to see they're not THAT blind.

I only missed Greggle. ;X
But it's really good overral. =]

- Nozomi

Leona
9th February 2007, 6:42 PM
This episode is so sad :(

Weav-vile
9th February 2007, 6:48 PM
This episode is so sad :(

?

Can you AT LEAST give us some argument?

- Nozomi

Pokemaniacneo
9th February 2007, 6:52 PM
Where do you guys watch these episodes? o.O

jolteonjak
9th February 2007, 6:52 PM
Japan is the only "legal" answer we can provide.

Shikamaru Nara
9th February 2007, 6:55 PM
I watched it already, in America!

QuixMystique647
9th February 2007, 7:56 PM
I watched it already, in America!

huh? you mean at your home or am I not right and Japanese

Light_being
9th February 2007, 9:52 PM
Pachirisu used the stolen spray to free Hikari and the others.

I thought Pokémon couldn't use man-made items, only wild items like berries.

starterlover1
9th February 2007, 10:00 PM
I'm not surprised that Hikari got Pachi. I mean, I kind of figured. My question is, how is she supposed to appeal with that? Sweet kiss followed by spark creating a dazzling shower of pink and yellow? I guess that's most likely. And I'm guessing its going to be too strong for what it should be, like May's Skitty.

Megamiz
9th February 2007, 10:04 PM
Is there a new theme song that spoils future captures yet? I don't recall a captured Pachy being in the last theme song.

S.Suikun
9th February 2007, 10:09 PM
We got to hear 3 different renditions of Hikari's Theme in this - the vocal, the instrumental, and the ballad version (twice).

My thoughts pasted from the speculation thread:
The little "chase" scene with all the Pokemon in pursuit of Pachi is perhaps the most entertained I've been this entire saga. The episode had no real epic battle and didn't necessarily do that good of a job with the emotional stuff. Yet the facial expressions and wacky animation styles were so dang bizarre and hysterical that I was actually laughing numerous times during the episode. While "Whiscash and Ash" is probably still the funniest episode overall, this may take the cake for funniest animation. I'll probably post some of my favorites on the picture thread.

Is there a new theme song that spoils future captures yet? I don't recall a captured Pachy being in the last theme song.
No, and don't expect one for a while. Each new capture is added to the current opening and ending.

Geodude
9th February 2007, 10:15 PM
I thought Pokémon couldn't use man-made items, only wild items like berries.

What difference does that make? Besides, at least one of the gang's hands were free, so it's a moot point.

JazzJazz
9th February 2007, 10:46 PM
I'm not usually a huge fan of the on-going gags and such, but I'm hoping that pachirisu's little hair-raising bit becomes a habit and we frequently see the characters having to tame their Don King-like locks.

Deception
9th February 2007, 10:48 PM
I find the hair gag funny,yet I dont like it that much because it makes Hikari look horrible.

S.Suikun
9th February 2007, 11:01 PM
"Hi my sweet Pachirisu-chan!"

Gotta love Musashi's Engrish.

CyberCubed
9th February 2007, 11:15 PM
This is easily one of the best D/P episodes and one of the best episodes of the entire series hands down.

The comedy in this episode was top notch, just about everything Pachirisu did was hilarious. These episodes also show what a good character Hikari is, willing to let Pachirisu go just because it didn't listen to her and messed up her hair...only to feel really bad afterward.

What I really liked near the ending is it actually looked like Ash and co. LOST to Team Rocket for once. How damn cool was it to see Pachirisu go with Jessie and take off by balloon, while Ash, Hikari and Brock were stuck to the ground and couldn't move? It actually seemed like the good guys lost for once!

The music was amazing. It makes me sad knowing the dub is going to gut the soundtrack of this episode, the morons. Hikari's theme seriously rocks and those cowards at PUSA are probably going to remove all of it.

Great animation as well, this episode is proof that having actual GOOD animation makes an episode better to watch. Loved the expressions in this episode, especially James' hair after he was shocked. I loved Hikari's antics with her hair, and the poses she made with the mirror in her tent were damn funny.

Excellent episode, you have to be a sadist to not enjoy this. One of the best D/P episodes and even of the entire series.

battlemaster123
9th February 2007, 11:58 PM
this looks good cant wait to see it

Neo Mario
10th February 2007, 2:07 AM
Wow I liked how Pachirisu uses blue lighting instead of the usual yellow kind

Umi Mizuno
10th February 2007, 2:10 AM
Anybody notice that Jessie mentioned Johto in the episode? I have no idea what she said but I heard the word Johto.

Weav-vile
10th February 2007, 2:44 AM
These episodes also show what a good character Hikari is, willing to let Pachirisu go just because it didn't listen to her and messed up her hair...only to feel really bad afterward.

Hummm... Do I smell irony, Cyber?

- Nozomi

Pika Hikari KT
10th February 2007, 2:52 AM
Gotta love Musashi's Engrish.
Indeed. I spotted it immediately, and was very amused. Megumi-san seems to be using lots of Engrish for Jesse lately...

And she's absolutely right: Pachirisu is a kawaii little bugger. Kimi no Soba de as the BGM for the chase scene was hilarious, period.:D

Hummm... Do I smell irony, Cyber?
You know it.;)

AshfanGirl20
10th February 2007, 3:28 AM
Pretty funny episode...One of my top favorites really...

RedJirachi
10th February 2007, 3:42 AM
Pachirisu's so cute!And is the only electric Pokemon besides Pikachu a main character has caught!

uber gon
10th February 2007, 3:51 AM
Darn, I was hoping to see Discharge in the animé.

Other than that, neat.

lehaiman
10th February 2007, 8:30 AM
Pachirisu is so cool but it looks don't like Hikary

Darkness Angel
10th February 2007, 10:13 AM
I liked this one it had lots of funny moments and reminded me of the early days of the first season.

Geodude
10th February 2007, 11:27 AM
Anybody notice that Jessie mentioned Johto in the episode? I have no idea what she said but I heard the word Johto.

No, you hear that all the time. "Chotto" means "wait".

Ashy Boy
10th February 2007, 12:26 PM
What I really liked near the ending is it actually looked like Ash and co. LOST to Team Rocket for once. How damn cool was it to see Pachirisu go with Jessie and take off by balloon, while Ash, Hikari and Brock were stuck to the ground and couldn't move? It actually seemed like the good guys lost for once!

Please, no matter what Team Rocket does, they will always lose even when they are so close to winning. This isn't the first time that in this scenario that Team Rocket lost at the last second. (it surely won't be the last)

Korobooshi Kojiro
10th February 2007, 2:06 PM
Please, no matter what Team Rocket does, they will always lose even when they are so close to winning
Orienteering Contest.

Ashy Boy
10th February 2007, 5:28 PM
Orienteering Contest.

James & Mime Jr won that contest fair and square, while Jessie and Meowth did the typical cheating.

CyberCubed
10th February 2007, 5:37 PM
Who cares? I was just making a comment. No need to start your obnoxious anti-TR bias.

Isn't character bashing supposed to be against the rules in this forum? There are a lot of people who have broken them lately.

Dax
10th February 2007, 8:18 PM
I have to say that Hikari is one of the best characters of the complete anime, I think she's the best character pokemon has ever had. Lots of development of her and we can actually see that she's a character that cares about her pokemon but as well for her development as a coordinator. The animation was beautiful and Pachirisu is hands down one of the best pokemons of the anime. He's not tiring like some of the other pokemons, he's funny everytime he's on the screen.

Hands downs one of the best episodes, it had everything, emotion and a great balance of comedy.

scizor08
11th February 2007, 7:06 AM
why did hikari captured the pachirisu two times?

Pika Hikari KT
11th February 2007, 7:28 AM
She actually tried to release it after Pachi's little hyperness/electricity problem became clear. After the Rocket-ference(and a pep talk by Ash and Brock), she asked Pachirisu to join the team again.

Bliksem
11th February 2007, 8:53 AM
I'll play the sadist and say that the episode, with the exception of its rather amusing chase scene, was quite boring to me. It looked pretty and everything, but that doesn't change the fact that I wanted to fast forward through it. Luckily, the next episode looks far more entertaining to me.

Anyways, I'm glad Hikari got a Pachirisu. It was one of the Pokemon I predicted she'd end up with. I can't see her with too many more. Its antics are amusing, but its personality is really draining. I typically dislike overly hyper characters like that, and I hope that it's toned down just slightly over the coming days. I can't wait to see its battling prowess.

I haven't spoken too much about the episode because, well, other than that chase, and the TR battle (which actually didn't make too much sense to me), it was rather forgetable to the type of person I am.

Ashy Boy
11th February 2007, 12:32 PM
Who cares? I was just making a comment. No need to start your obnoxious anti-TR bias.

I hope you are not saying all this just to force me to like Team Rocket.

Still, I admit they did beat Ash & Co this time only to be outwitted by the pesky Pachirisu that Jessie seemingly caught.

Geodude
11th February 2007, 3:57 PM
why did hikari captured the pachirisu two times?She released it the first time because she was depressed because it was out of control and not listening to her, and kept shocking her, so she thought it didn't want to be with her. But then she felt really bad about it and ended up re-capturing it.

Maestro Kinético
11th February 2007, 4:42 PM
I loved the drama in this epp. Hikari's sad scene was great. It was boring though, and the colour scheme continues being the same.

Korobooshi Kojiro
11th February 2007, 4:44 PM
It was boring though, and the colour scheme continues being the same.
Well, the grass was green, Hikari's skirt was pink, the sky was blue....

Boring? This episode was pretty exciting, although I'm surprised you found the drama to be good in this, especially since this was more of a wacky episode then dramatic (which is good IMO)

Dax
11th February 2007, 5:08 PM
Well, the grass needs to be green, the sky needs to be blue and Hikari's skirt needs to be pink and Pikachu needs to be yellow. There was really nothing wrong with the colors.

Geodude
11th February 2007, 8:05 PM
Yeah why do people insist on finding ridiculous things to complain about?

Korobooshi Kojiro
11th February 2007, 8:35 PM
After watching this...I don't know, but I laughed hysterically when Hikari caught Pachirisu. Why? Because Ash and Brock suddenly just floated in from both sides.

Also, the entire chase scene was made of win. Wish Greggle and Sudowood were their too...heck, putting in Team Rocket's Pokemon chasing after it would rule as well.

CyberCubed
11th February 2007, 8:52 PM
Yeah why do people insist on finding ridiculous things to complain about?

Some people just don't like comedy and ditzy female characters, I guess.

Hikari's antics alone made this episode amusing, with her girliness about her hair and the way she went nuts over Pachirisu.

The only reason to not like this episode is if you don't like episodes aimed at girls. Which is understandable, but half the show has been aimed at girls since AG began which was over 4 1/2 years ago so these people are wasting their time.

Dax
11th February 2007, 9:08 PM
The point is that even if you are a man Hikari is a character the can entertain every gender. The scene when she was looking at the mirror was golden...it was funny as hell. If the show continue to make episode like this even that is an episode aimed at girls I'm going to be happy because to be honest, Pokemon rgt now is way better than when they focused everything in Ash.

Maestro Kinético
11th February 2007, 10:55 PM
The point is that even if you are a man Hikari is a character the can entertain every gender. The scene when she was looking at the mirror was golden...it was funny as hell. If the show continue to make episode like this even that is an episode aimed at girls I'm going to be happy because to be honest, Pokemon rgt now is way better than when they focused everything in Ash.

That's true, hr miniskirt does entretain men.

Well, the grass needs to be green, the sky needs to be blue and Hikari's skirt needs to be pink and Pikachu needs to be yellow. There was really nothing wrong with the colors.
Today 4:44 PM

The same bright green with bluish green mountains in the background? it looks like a fairy tale. Hikari's dramatic scene should have had rain, leaves falling, wind... Like when Ash was attacked by spearows. That was a supberb episode with supberb coloring and ambient.

uber gon
11th February 2007, 11:35 PM
I still say Pachirisu could've showcased Discharge.

Greggle showcased Poison Stab.

RageKaiser
11th February 2007, 11:47 PM
This was an excellent episode, One of my favorites so far.
Pachirisu has gotta be the first ADHD pokemon we've seen so far o_o
I hope we get to see more hyper squirrel action across the anime :P

If they're sticking with "Together" as the opening, They're gonna have to re-draw some of the Hikari scenes o.o

Mattieandpoliwhirl
11th February 2007, 11:49 PM
I love DP..........!!!!!!!!!!

Korobooshi Kojiro
12th February 2007, 12:34 AM
. Hikari's dramatic scene should have had rain, leaves falling, wind... Like when Ash was attacked by spearows. That was a supberb episode with supberb coloring and ambient.

It can't just suddenly rain, thunderstorm, and have leaves fall in an open field, can it? Besides, that would of been incredibly overdramatic and idiotic.

But here, I made a simulation of it:

http://i80.photobucket.com/albums/j166/Yukiwarashi/Hikairo.png

Dax
12th February 2007, 3:06 AM
Drama is not portrayed by amazing environment because drama is portrayed by emotions and feelings. I agree that a cool environment help but really, if the scene brings emotion, who cares about leaves falling and a hard rain?

Geodude
12th February 2007, 3:38 AM
What you guys are talking about is called dramatic license, and it was completely unnecessary. And it's kinda lame when not done right in the first place.

Maestro Kinético
12th February 2007, 1:34 PM
Drama is not portrayed by amazing environment because drama is portrayed by emotions and feelings. I agree that a cool environment help but really, if the scene brings emotion, who cares about leaves falling and a hard rain?

Yeah, but that fairy tale environment ruins the drama. That's why backgrounds are used to transmit emotions.

Gravy
12th February 2007, 3:29 PM
Open fields and mountains that have been in almost every episode since day 1: The ultimate fairytale experience.

It was an OK episode I suppose, although not as funny as I'd hoped it would be. But considering they actually made a real attempt at injecting some personallity-rich fluid into Hikari's cranium, I can let that slide.
Pachiris (Pachirith?) being worth a considerable amount in entertainment value also made for a decent deal. We haven't had an energetic pokémon to this extent since Totodile, but thankfully they're handling it a lot better this time around.

And as a side note: did Chinami provide the voice of Pachiris? Because it sounded similar to Achamo on a number of occassions.

CyberCubed
12th February 2007, 6:58 PM
Hm, I would have thought you'd like this episode more, Gravy.

I think this episode was the best Hikari-centric episode yet, and its easy to tell from this which path her character is going to go down now. IMO, I think the writers have been doing a good job with Hikari's characerisation since her first Contest.

Before that she was a little weak, but it seems now the writers have finally figured out what to do with her. Her ego is huge yet she still has the same ditzy/feminine qualities that made May likeable, but she has these funny views about herself at the same time which makes her almost as insane as Jessie. Both Hikari and Jessie self-gloat about themselves, (see Hikari and her mirror), so what's not to like?

Ashy Boy
12th February 2007, 7:10 PM
Both Hikari and Jessie self-gloat about themselves, (see Hikari and her mirror), so what's not to like?
Gee, I never thought Hikari was as vain as Jessie when it comes to looks.

CyberCubed
12th February 2007, 7:17 PM
Hikari is very adamant about her looks.

http://img401.imageshack.us/img401/7105/vlcsnap260717ey9.png

Hell, one of the contributing reasons that she released Pachirisu was because it messed up her hair and she couldn't comb it.

I'd say Hikari cares much more about her looks than any of the other female characters. Misty only brought up how she looked once in a blue moon, May strangely enough almost never brought up how she looked, (perhaps because she already knew she was hot and didn't need confirmation from other people?), but Hikari is all about her looks.

Pika Hikari KT
12th February 2007, 8:49 PM
And as a side note: did Chinami provide the voice of Pachiris? Because it sounded similar to Achamo on a number of occassions.
Apparantly it was indeed the seiyuu you mentioned--the same one that did Torchic and Combusken.:)

Korobooshi Kojiro
12th February 2007, 9:29 PM
Yeah, but that fairy tale environment ruins the drama.

Let's see...

A fairy tale is a story featuring folkloric characters such as fairies, goblins, elves, trolls, giants, talking animals and others. These stories often involve royalty, and modern versions usually have a happy ending. In cultures where demons and witches are perceived as real, fairy tales may merge into legendary narratives, where the context is perceived by teller and hearers as having historical actuality. However, unlike legends and epics they usually do not contain more than superficial references to religion and actual places, persons, and events although these allusions are often critical in understanding the origins of these fanciful stories.

Um...sounds like Pokemon has always been somewhat of a fairy tale, since pretty much every episode has a happy ending.

CabbyFish
12th February 2007, 10:28 PM
I really thought this episode was cute. Hikari and the electric squirrel really do go together. The little guy shocking her every few minutes there was pretty funny. It's going to be season 1 all over again (maybe).

Jessie's giant head moments really cracked me up. She's got "Bobble Head Feaver."

Visually, it was great. Since I don't know Japanese, I had no clue what they were all saying. The music score for Diamond and Pearl is wonderful! I hope Pokemon USA, Inc. and TAJ Productions does/did the right thing and will keep/kept most/all of the original music.

Mythic Mist
12th February 2007, 10:54 PM
Loved this ep. Though, I wish this director wouldn't recycle his TR mottos. His work is hilarious, he needs to do at least two more before he decides to recycle them >_>

Midnite
12th February 2007, 11:55 PM
I'm suprised she got Pachirisu early in the episode. This episode showed tons of Hikari's personality! Takeshi and Satoshi was evil when laughing at Hikari's hair. Also first insert song on DP!

Now, I wonder how they'll fit Pachirisu in the opening. (There's only 2 poke balls at the contest scene!)

uber gon
13th February 2007, 4:48 AM
Let's see...

Um...sounds like Pokemon has always been somewhat of a fairy tale, since pretty much every episode has a happy ending.

Well, the one where Ash loses in his first gym sure wasn't happy.

Anyway, who here thinks the dub will call the shock attack DISCHARGE?

Ashy Boy
13th February 2007, 9:05 PM

Hell, one of the contributing reasons that she released Pachirisu was because it messed up her hair and she couldn't comb it.

I'd say Hikari cares much more about her looks than any of the other female characters. Misty only brought up how she looked once in a blue moon, May strangely enough almost never brought up how she looked, (perhaps because she already knew she was hot and didn't need confirmation from other people?), but Hikari is all about her looks.
Great, just what we need, a mini-Jessie.

Korobooshi Kojiro
13th February 2007, 9:37 PM
No it isn't.

She's just a ten year old girl, and likes styling her hair. Give her a break. o.0

Pika Hikari KT
15th February 2007, 10:40 AM
Well, the one where Ash loses in his first gym sure wasn't happy.

Anyway, who here thinks the dub will call the shock attack DISCHARGE?
Why would they? It's a Spark attack. 4Kids isn't dubbing anymore, you know.

Silver Glacia
15th February 2007, 11:03 AM
The pic of Hikari is awesome *saves*

"I got Pachirisu! Is that OK?" is the best episode from D/P season. Funny and nostalgic. I like when Pachirisu uses thundershock at Hikari. Pachirisu's thundershock is strong because she (Pachirisu probably is a female) beat all Ash's pokemon.

The music score for Diamond and Pearl is really good! I would like to buy or download CD.

Geodude
15th February 2007, 1:29 PM
Pachirisu's attack wasn't Thundershock, it can't even learn it. Spark is a physical charge attack, and I believe it used that at least once, yes. The nameless attack where it shocked everyone was probably Discharge.

pochama_blue
15th February 2007, 10:14 PM
No ones put this on YouTube yet so i haven't seen it but based on the short clips taken out of it i've seen it looks hilarious

Mattieandpoliwhirl
15th February 2007, 10:18 PM
What is that? Starly?

terrova
17th February 2007, 10:01 PM
I think thats the first time we have had 2 electric pokemon in the anime series for the main characters. This will be interesting to see in future episodes.

If Ritchie is a main character then Pachirisu is third electric pokemon.

Mattieandpoliwhirl please don't triple post

Dax
17th February 2007, 10:03 PM
No ones put this on YouTube yet so i haven't seen it but based on the short clips taken out of it i've seen it looks hilarious

What are you talking about? I saw it two days after it aired in Youtube...I think, it aired Thursday I saw it Saturday or Sunday.

terrova
17th February 2007, 10:07 PM
On page 3 that Starly is so wierd!!!!

Do you mean Gravy's Signature and that drooled starly?

battlemaster123
18th February 2007, 4:59 PM
i just saw this on youtube with no subs

Gravy
18th February 2007, 5:14 PM
i just saw this on youtube with no subs
I'll get the fireworks and streamers, because we're all just that ecstatic.

pokefan ty
18th February 2007, 10:14 PM
It was a great episode.

Ryano Ra
20th February 2007, 5:26 PM
Hmmm, this episode was a refreshing one. Another "cute" capture for Hikari.

Pachirisu doesn't appeal to me very much, particularly because it doesn't evolve and reminds me of a baby morphed Pikachu for some reason. It seems fitting for Hikari, however, which made the episode good overall. But I'm hoping that she can hopefully win a contest and earn her first ribbon the next time she participates in one. And she's gotta start training her Pachirisu.

RageKaiser
22nd February 2007, 3:35 AM
Do you think it's at all possible for PUSA to keep the Ballad version of Kimi no Soba de, Considering that it's non-vocal?

Fofa
30th June 2007, 10:14 PM

These contests utilize the trainer's looks along with their pokemon. Of course Hikari has to look her best.

uber gon
1st July 2007, 7:37 AM
Do you think it's at all possible for PUSA to keep the Ballad version of Kimi no Soba de, Considering that it's non-vocal?

Most like PUSA will edit it out, unfortunately.

Geodude
5th July 2007, 11:52 PM
Didn't this episode air yesterday? It did according to the main site, but nobody's said anything about it either here, or Bulbagarden, or the IGN Pokemon Board's anime thread.

CabbyFish
6th July 2007, 12:19 AM
It didn't. It airs tonight.

From what I heard in the preview, Pachirisu might be keeping its original voice.

PANCAKE
6th July 2007, 6:31 AM
Considering it kept it's Japanese name, it would have been moot to change the anime voice.
It stayed.
And Mewoth's comment about Pachirisu having another land lord kinda tickled me.
The thing that kinda grates me like cheese IS that even the way they pronounce it's name, it's way to friggin close to Pikachu's! Ya now, being an electric vermon and all. Nice job copping out on the Elequirrel name Nintendo.

Cute episode though. 7 outta 10.

G4Pokefan
6th July 2007, 6:38 AM
I wouldn't be surprised if they started making products with Pachirisu. Toys, shirts, etc. Like with Pikachu, but not as much as Pikachu, seeing how it's been well-known for over 10 years!

It was an alright ep. though. The scene where the Pokemon chase after Pachirisu was a chuckle.

7/10

Pika Hikari KT
6th July 2007, 6:52 AM
Didn't this episode air yesterday? It did according to the main site, but nobody's said anything about it either here, or Bulbagarden, or the IGN Pokemon Board's anime thread.
4th of July Foster's marathon.X(

Anyway, I think they did a pretty good job on the dub. Pachirisu kept its voice(squee~), the Kimi no Soba de ballad was used once again...and was that new stock dub music replacing the vocal version? I also recall a witty line about Jesse going into politics. That's just eebil, guys.:D

ShinyManafi
6th July 2007, 6:59 AM
I forgot the dub of this episode was airing today until I actually turned the TV on...

It was alright though. Pachirisu getting chased around was halirious.

Medea
6th July 2007, 11:53 AM
All I can say is that it was a very cute episode. Pachirisu some how reminded me of Hand Banana from ATHF and was just waiting for it to say "All I know is BALL and GOOD...and RAPE!" But that's beside the point. When Dawn let Pachirisu go like that, I thought to myself if she's been listening to Paul (just a bit).

Surreal
6th July 2007, 11:56 AM
Most like PUSA will edit it out, unfortunately.
Nope, they kept it.

Reign G
6th July 2007, 12:06 PM
Having not seen the original Japanese version, my first thing said must be a question: Did Pachirisu keep it's Japanese voice? I mean, since its got the same name in Japan as it is in English and all...

The chase scene is officialy the best thing I have ever layed my eyes upon in the anime! The only real competition it gets is Ash and James as eggplants in "Claydol, Big and Tall!" It's THAT good!

And Meowth's so-called 'Team Rocket Perfume' was just a Potion with a Rocket "R" on it. WTF?

Geodude
6th July 2007, 1:20 PM
Having not seen the original Japanese version, my first thing said must be a question: Did Pachirisu keep it's Japanese voice? I mean, since its got the same name in Japan as it is in English and all...
As was already mentioned at least once, yes. And that's a very good thing too, its voice is adorable.

Wynaut?
6th July 2007, 1:44 PM
Not bad at all, lots of fun and Pachirisu is as cute as. The chasing scene was hilarious and I liked Brock's 'politics' line :p

Ashy Boy
6th July 2007, 1:53 PM
What did Team Rocket say when they got blasted by Pachirisu?

PamperedPersian1
6th July 2007, 2:08 PM
Ashy Boy: Do you mean their little chats or when they actually blast off?
Oh, did I love this episode. It was so funny!
That chase scene was the best, then Ash sent out his Pokemon, oh man!
Too bad we didn't get to see Croagunk, probably would have killed Pachirisu anyway! But Sudowoodo would have been a nice edition to the chase scene.
Oh well, I loved Jessie in this episode, they should get her favorite Pokemon more often, Team Rocket actually stole something, that was actually an exciting episode somewhat because of them.... then, they got blown up.... but that Pachirisu was so cute, not to mention strong!

Ashy Boy
6th July 2007, 4:16 PM
Ashy Boy: Do you mean their little chats or when they actually blast off?

When they actually blast off

dd1zzle
6th July 2007, 5:25 PM
what attacks does Pachirisu know?

Mandi.
6th July 2007, 5:40 PM
Aw. This episode made me grow a little more fond of Hikari. She was amazing in this. I just love how obsessed with her hair she is.

Anyways. Pachirisu is adorable. And I loved when all the other Pokemon were chasing it. It was great. xD And I felt bad for Hikari when she thought it didn't like her. Poor girl. D:

Very cute episode. : D Probably the best DP episode I've seen so far, besides Hikari's debut contest. <3

uncutpokemon
6th July 2007, 5:53 PM

they did indeed, i think at this point that it's pretty safe to assume that as far as the way PUSA is dubbing the show goes, is that any of the new pokemon that have a Japanese name that was either kept intact, or still pronounced exactly the same over here will likely keep their Japanese voice (although sadly pokemon like Electavire who have names that are very closely alike are not as guaranteed :(). however sad to say the fact that PUSA kept Pachirisu's voice was only one of the few redeeming things about the dub. in case some of you forgot, an episode or two ago i had stated that PUSA was greatly improving on the music, well i now sadly have to take that statement back, this episode had a total of 17 (it could be 16, i lost track at one point watching and may be off by 1) pieces in the Japanese version, but the dub sadly only kept 3 pieces throughout the episode (TR's motto tune, the ballad version of Dawn's/Hikari's theme, and at the very last piece in the episode at the end*), and thing is that lots of the other pieces were ones they had no reason to change (like the one that was used at the start of the episode, and the 2nd time it was used later in the episode), although i will admit that during the entire scene were Dawn was chasing after Pachirisu (the one were the vocal song "Kimi no Soba de" was used) that PUSA actually had a pretty cute (although rather long, being that it was the length of 3 different tracks plus silence in the Japanese version), and if they were to make a shorter version of it, i wouldn't mind them replacing the vocal version of "Kimi no Soba de" with this when ever used. none the less, even with that rather decent replacement, only 3 tracks kept is rather disappointing after having the last few episodes keeping so many intact! PUSA doesn't realize how lucky they are that most of the fans (not you guys, but a lot of the other pokemon fans) are either ignorant, or too young to notice!

*about the last piece of music that they kept, this is kind of an LOL moment here, because as we all have noticed by now, PUSA often will freeze frame the last second because the last track is replaced with something that's a few seconds longer, but this time they did leave that last piece intact, so they simply repeated the last 3 seconds of the track at the end so that they could freeze frame like always. this is kinda funny because for once hearing the piece at the end being kept made me think that for once PUSA was not going to add seconds to the end, and the fact that they went out of their way to add those seconds is just an LOL moment :p.

PamperedPersian1
6th July 2007, 6:22 PM
Ashy Boy: Well, I didn't really pay attention, but I think it was the same as usual, right? Hold on, I check..... (elevator music over the phone)..... well I can't find anything, oh great, now it's gonna bother me all night....

CabbyFish
7th July 2007, 4:52 PM
*about the last piece of music that they kept, this is kind of an LOL moment here, because as we all have noticed by now, PUSA often will freeze frame the last second because the last track is replaced with something that's a few seconds longer, but this time they did leave that last piece intact, so they simply repeated the last 3 seconds of the track at the end so that they could freeze frame like always. this is kinda funny because for once hearing the piece at the end being kept made me think that for once PUSA was not going to add seconds to the end, and the fact that they went out of their way to add those seconds is just an LOL moment :p.

They probablly only extend the ending of each episode by three seconds so that they can match Cartoon Network's airing time. I'm pretty sure this wouldn't be happening if Kids'WB! still had the series (due to shorter air time).

This episode was pretty interesting for my tastes. I like the parts when Dawn is trying to handle Pachirisu, and all it does is keep zapping her, making her hair frizzy in the process. I thought the scene where Dawn releases Pachirisu just because she didn't think she could handle it was a little unfair in my opinion. Good thing she sees the error of her ways. One thing's for sure; Dawn and Pachirisu really do go together (eventhough Pachirisu is very, very hyper).

Yay for Pachirisu keeping its original voice (and I only know this from seeing the commercial preview).

uber gon
8th July 2007, 6:51 AM
Nope, they kept it.

Except for the main chase scene.

Geodude
8th July 2007, 3:31 PM
what attacks does Pachirisu know?

Check the Move Catalog (http://www.serebiiforums.com/showthread.php?t=217380) thread.

Anyone 4 Buttons?
10th July 2007, 10:30 AM
An alright episode at best for me. By releasing Pachirisu, Dawn became ever so much like Paul...
With it's blue electric attacks, I can't wait to see what Pachirisu will be doing in the contests.

Kenpachi
12th July 2007, 10:53 PM
They got my hopes up sooooooooo much when Pachirisu almost went to Jessie and left Dawn to cry. I wanted her to have that Pokemon so much. (I cried for the first time watching Pokemon. They got my hopes up so high…that dropped them down hard!)

Geodude
12th July 2007, 11:04 PM
By releasing Pachirisu, Dawn became ever so much like Paul...
Not at all. Dawn released Pachirisu for a totally different reason than Paul releases his Pokemon.

WaterDragon trainer
13th July 2007, 6:57 PM
This episode was good. It was good to see a Pachirisu for the first time. It was good to see Dawn catch Pachirisu. It was cool to see Discharge. Pachirisu was hilarious when he runs fast as well as when Dawn tried to return him back to the pokeball. Ash having to use all his pokemon to try to stop Pachirisu was pretty funny as well. I felt bad for Dawn when she released Pachirisu. It was funny when Pachirisu Discharged TR and took their food. Pachirisu was awesome cute in this episode.

Lishus13
14th July 2007, 6:14 AM
OMG, I laughed SOOOOOOOOOOOO hard at Dawn's scream when Pachrisu first shocked her, OMG it was hilarious.

Like..."BYAHHHHHHHHHHH!"

Pearl's Perap
17th July 2007, 4:20 AM
Slightly entertaining episode, I can see me liking Pachirisu quite a bit more than when it's design was first unveiled, it's playful nature and such could be a good combination with Dawn.

Though, I wish Jessie had gotten Pachirisu, the shocking would be far more entertaining on a per episode basis if it was with her, plus, I think they looked better together than Dawn and Pachi.

The gum part made me laugh, the odd positions they ended up in from standing up didn't cease to amaze me. And what was with the stuff that de-gummed them? Talk about sticking it in a potion bottle and changing the outside...cheapskates.

6/10

npdargy312
18th July 2007, 9:46 AM
back b4 we knew her name was even sawn i wanted her 2 catch a Pachirisu, I'm so glad she did!

Snorlax Max
27th July 2007, 11:27 AM
lol i loved the part when dawn's pachirisu got super hyper so the rest of the pokemon had to try to catch it.

penngrade6
31st August 2007, 8:25 PM
I thought it was real hilarious when all of the gangs Pokemon chased after Pachirusu and failed. Lots of character devolpment for Dawn and that little squirrel is really cute. Lots of comedy in this one.

Rebeccag
30th October 2007, 10:38 PM
lol pachirsu is mad but i like it i laughed when it shocked dawn and her hair went all messy dawn was better in this episode too

Poke'T<3
30th October 2007, 10:41 PM
typical dawn episode *Blech!* Everyone knew Dawn would get pachirisu. It was about time for Jessie to finally get a pokemon like that but of course she didnt... =(

bhrettzerda053
26th March 2008, 4:27 AM
Good catch of Hikari(Dawn) for the day. A Pachirisu, known to be the electric squirrel in it's species. Come on, get it before Jesse can catch it by her Dustox or Seviper!

(s.i.e)
18th July 2008, 8:12 PM
he he, it was a good episode,Pachirisu really suffwers from ADHD if you ask me,'
a 9/10 would do nice.

Andywoo
15th August 2008, 8:27 AM
Funniest episode i've seen of Pokemon in a long time. Pachi is AWSOME. I love that thing. To bad Jesse didn't keep it. That would've rocked.

Typical Twerps. TR try to catch a pokemon legitamately for a change but NO, twerps have to intefer. I hate them more now for that

wobbanut
23rd August 2008, 9:49 PM
Heehee, Pachirisu is hilarious in this episode. I like the way the other pokemon keep getting spun around by him, and how he keeps making Dawn's hair stand on end. It's funny that they don't address Dawn letting her pokemon go so soon after catching it- even though it's not the same, Paul's one of the few characters I've seen do a pokeball release. Interesting that Jessie tries to go after Pachirisu then.

Of course, this is my favorite exchange of the whole episode:

Jessie (to Dawn): “Excuse me, twerp in boots, but I didn’t see pachirisu giving *you* any love shots, did you?!”
Brock: “Talk about a positive spin. She really ought to consider a job in politics.”

:D

trixie08
19th October 2008, 4:03 AM
I absolutely LOVED this episode!

Pachirisu was extremely funny, and it didn't hurt that it was mega cute too!

And in a rather rare case for me, the chase scene was better in raw Japanese then the dub!

DanChimchar
25th October 2008, 6:13 PM
Got to love it this Pach is so cute
And I love when it makes Dawn's hair stick up lol Funny

Tadashi
8th November 2008, 9:58 AM
Oh dear... well, I can't say I care for Pachirisu too much. Yes, it outwitted Team Rocket... there's an accomplishment... XD; I just don't think it has a good personality, I'm sorry to say.

Not one of the best episodes I've seen =\

Ayra
25th November 2008, 8:57 PM
What I found funny was when Pachirisu gave Team Rocket and Dawn bad hair days.

~Ayra~;267;

milenadrg
25th November 2008, 8:59 PM
Nice to know that yellow rat isn't the only electric in Ash's group...
I just knew Dawn will catch a Pachirisu without any information...

Igottapoo
21st January 2009, 11:25 AM
I really don't understand how Dawn thought Pachirisu didn't like her. I also don't understand how the whole Release thing works when they open a Pokeball. I've seen Pokemon come out regularly the same way.

Rommath
30th January 2009, 8:18 PM
Alright episode, Pachirisu was funny, if only it got used more. Bit unfair about the treatment of Team Rocket I thought, they had as much right to Pachirisu as Dawn did. Brock's line about polictics was hilarious, and the chase scene. Glad they decided to give the trio another electric Pokemon.

ccangelopearl1362
11th February 2009, 6:29 AM
One unforgettable episode this was for me, with Pachirisu's hyperactivity prominent in my thinking. That little squirrel had Dawn's Piplup and Buneary chase after it for quite a while -- until both of those Pok&#233;mon fainted. Next, the other Pok&#233;mon had their chance to faint after Pachirisu's Discharge, and unfortunately, Dawn ended up deciding to release it... at that moment. It would take a "shocking" encounter with Team Rocket for Dawn to reunite with Pachirisu, then catch it herself, so that now, she has a very cute Pok&#233;mon on her team. Brock's suggestion that Jessie should "consider a job in politics" I found memorably hilarious in and of itself, given my own interest in 21st century international politics. In the end, I will consider this episode one of the good early episodes, so to speak, of Pok&#233;mon Diamond and Pearl.

Blue Snover
9th March 2009, 4:29 PM
I always found Pachirisu a little annoying, i think it was a good fit with Dawn though.

Littlemyuu
27th April 2009, 5:25 PM
i dont Pachirisu, but it was an nice episode after all

S.Suikun
27th May 2009, 4:02 AM
Today I got an actual perscription for Xanax. I'm so ****ing excited; I'd totally been taking unperscribed this whole time. Get ready for even more posts where I have no idea what the hell I'm talking about because my mind totally is non-functioning!

That said, this is how you pull off a decent capture episode. It's not super-fantastic, but by merely breaking the standard formula, you get something quite enjoyable. Granted, the humor in this episode really helps things, but actually releasing a Pokemon shortly after capturing it is a new dynamic that this series has surprisingly not done before. In addition, it helps to develop Hikari as a character further and how she connects with Pokemon. I really enjoy Pachirisu's personality, and it's a shame that it was pretty much forgotten after this (along with Pachirisu itself).

Like I said, the humor is a high-point, as with a nice dish of Makoto Shinjo, the entire chase scene with the gang's Pokemon is great. I feel a bit mixed about Team Rocket's role in this. On one hand, their scheme is pretty much the same old song-and-dance and nothing truly creative is done. On the other hand, the little screw-the-audience bit with Pachirisu pranking Musashi at the end is highly entertaining (Musashi is used well here in general), only making me miss its deviousness ever more. Another thing I miss nowadays in Diamond & Pearl are the random antics with Hikari's hair, although that very well could have become stale. A solid introduction for Pachirisu whose prime came in this very episode.

B

5ilVer
22nd August 2009, 2:30 PM
ho ho ho.....

cutest episode EVER!!!!

I had a huge smile during the whole episode:D:D:D:D
even now!....

there is no pokemon like Pachirisu.....they should give Pachirisu Piplup's place....

Put the penguin in its pokeball and bring out my darling Pachi:)

pokemon's rating will go sky high if they do that:)

Willow's Tara
10th November 2009, 6:40 AM
I liked this episode, pretty much because I thought Pachirisu is quite cute, especially when it talks. I think it is a good addition to Dawn's team, I wonder however what it might have been like if it ended up with Jessie? Well Pachirisu's Discharge and Pikachu's Thunderbolt would have clashed alot that's for sure. And you know they would use Pachi to discharge Ash and co all the time as payback.

Lorde
17th November 2009, 7:24 AM
This was the first episode of DP that I watched and it is my favorite.

Pachirisu made a cute debut. I really liked how it was released and the recaptured. Dawn and Pachirisu are a perfect pair.

10/10

Ash-kid
2nd December 2009, 2:29 PM
Great episode.
Dawn and Pachirisu were belong to each other from the start.
And i loved how she protected on it.

Shadow XD001
4th December 2009, 12:26 AM
I liked how Dawn got back together with Pachirisu and how she wouldn't let Jessie get it at all cost. One less Pok&#233;mon on Team Rocket's side.

KGB13
16th January 2010, 8:11 PM
This episode was really nice. I didn't like the fact that Dawn was so quick to release Pachirisu after having it for like 5 minutes but I 'm glad she got it back and decided to keep it.

JohnLee
19th January 2010, 8:56 PM
This episode was really nice. I didn't like the fact that Dawn was so quick to release Pachirisu after having it for like 5 minutes but I 'm glad she got it back and decided to keep it.

This episode was hilarious! Yeah, I didn't really like how she barely gave pachi a chance, but oh well. Atleast she got it back and realized that she made a mistake.

DaAuraWolf
2nd February 2010, 3:38 PM
Finally,We got a electric pokemon that`s not Ash`s.Pachirisu is one funny Pokemon.It was nice to see another electric in the main Character group.

10/10

firestar319
9th February 2010, 9:04 PM
I really like this episode. Especially when all of the Pokemon were trying to catch Pachirisu. Pachirisu is really cute. 9/10

wind21
23rd June 2010, 11:36 PM
This episode is one of my personal favorites. I think it marks Dawn's first serious show of a lack of confidence in herself when life doesn't go the way she expects it to. She was disappointed after her first contest, but it's harder for me to appreciate that since she had the expectation to win. Here, her feelings are hurt because Pachirisu, her newly captured Pokemon in this episode, doesn't obey her the way she believes a Pokemon should. And she blames herself, although she feebly tries to use the excuse to Ash and Brock that Pachirisu is a tough pokemon for anyone to train. Ash is having none of that, and you can see by his expression that he's pretty upset upon hearing that Dawn has released Pachirisu. We know from the episodes with Paul that Ash doesn't like the practice of releasing Pokemon for no good reason (but for an inexperienced coordinator like Dawn, this maybe is a good reason; later down the road, when she's more like Ash, she has a Pokemon that gives her much more trouble than Pachirisu does-Dawn even is almost attacked (accidentally)-and Dawn never considers releasing the Pokemon), and it's one of Ash's strengths as a character that he doesn't hide his dislike, even though Dawn is his friend (I really wish I could be that honest).

Interestingly, Dawn doesn't consult Ash or Brock before releasing Pachirisu, and this scene turns out not to be something to just progress the plot. Dawn really is a bit of an introverted character, which is demonstrated a few more times in later episodes. At least we get the benefit of knowing what Dawn thinks, unlike Ash, who simply has his hat covers his eyes when he's upset (a sign of his maturity, I think-although Dawn becomes much harder to read later on in Sinnoh as she picks up Ash's more laid back attitude; dp 180 being a wonderful case for a pearlshipper right now). Since she does so much solitary thinking, her insecurity about her abilities eats at her, hurting her confidence until about the Wallace Cup. It's really something very different for this show, and Ash and Zoey are the ones who pick up on it the most (or do something about it is maybe a better way to say it) later down the storyline.

There is also a scene where Dawn is inspired by Ash's attitude about getting ready for the 2nd gym, as she considers how great it is to succeed after putting in so many hours of work. That's really the moral of Pokemon, right? Put in the time, and you'll definitely succeed. But that's not the way of Sinnoh, and Dawn's attitude changes.

saar
8th July 2010, 11:14 AM
Dawn should have caught the Pachirisu and not release it.. Jessie with a Pachirisu is just wierd.
I think Pachirisu is even fater than a Turtwig.

~Platinum~
4th August 2010, 5:04 AM
Hehehe. This is one of the funniest and craziest episodes in the DP Saga. And because of this, I will write one of those bullet-pointed summaries that only about five people are gonna read!

-Curse the animators for making Pachirisu so cute! No! I will not make that weak little elesquirrel my main electric type no matter how cute you make it seem!
-Haha. Funny little confusion Torchics. We need pokemon to get confused more often.
-Hey, blue electricity instead of the standard yellow! I'm loving all this new stuff in DP.
-Great, reused footage. :/
-The narrator already? That was one short episode.
-Oh wait, TR.
-Apparantly, Pachi's tail also functions as a pillow.
-Dawn's facial expressions= priceless
-Wait, where did the table and chairs come from? I'm pretty sure they won't fit in the twerps' backpacks.
-Hyper elesquirrel antics begin now.
-Rapid-fire Pokeball returns and Pachirisu should be a running gag.
-Hurray for chase scenes!
-BAD PACHI!!!! The only time ear-pulling is allowed in Pokemon is if Misty or Max is pulling Brock's ear!
-More funny chase scenes! :D
-NO, DAWN! Don't you know you should never wake a sleeping animal?! Especially if that animal is a hyperactive elesquirrel!
-Pachi has been released.
-Stop torturing me with Pachirisu's adorableness! GAHHH!!!
-Seriously, how does the Twerp Troop fit that table in their backpacks?!
-Actually, Ash, Pachi was having fun shocking Dawn.
-Dawn looks for pokemon shapes in the clouds. She should post in the "You Know You're Obsessed With Pokemon" thread.
-Great, more reused footage.
-TR's motto, time to fastforward.
-You'd think that getting zapped would have no effect on TR after all the times Pikachu's blasted them off.
-Yes, Brock. Lets have TR get a job in Pokemon's non-existant government. Nothing wrong with that at all!!
-Stop reusing footage!
-Seriously, Jessie. What about Pikachu?
-Dawn catches Pachi! (Again!)

Lance The Champ
28th November 2010, 10:39 AM
Pachirisu should have gone with Jessie

G50
27th April 2011, 7:20 AM
This episode was ok... It was cool to see a Pachirisu for the 1st time, It's so cute! That is 1 hyper Pokemon. I'm glad Pachirisu ended up going with Dawn. It was odd to see Dawn capture Pachirisu, release it, and then capture it again. Pachirisu's Discharge attack looks very cool. The Pachirisu chase scene was hilarious!

40/100

OshyHikari
20th February 2012, 2:25 AM
FYI Dawn's Pachirisu is the only Pachirisu seen in the anime so far.

It's so adorable, that little thing.

Dawn and Piplup
4th March 2012, 6:11 PM
I loved this episode, pachirisu was cute but dawn did get a bit too obsessed.
I thought it was nice how they all became friends and the plotline was good too. :) Great episode.

BurningSociety12345543210
16th June 2012, 10:17 PM
Dawn's logic:

- IMGONNACATCHTHISPACHIRISU.
- Yay I caught Pachirisu!!
- THIS PACHIRISU DOES NOT LEIK ME ITS MEAN I WILL RELEASE IT.
- BOOHOO I'm sad now because I released it.
- OH NO Jessie is trying to catch pachirisu fairly and not by stealing!!!! she shouldnt have a pokemon i will catch it again
- Yay im happy it liked me better ok bye.

Sinnoh Ash
28th September 2012, 8:06 AM
I liked this episode. It's where Dawn catches my favorite Pokemon of hers. Electric Types FTW =D

Blessed
2nd November 2012, 1:17 AM
An average episode, I got a laugh at Piplup seeing little Torchics running around after Pachurisu shocked everyone. Dawns hair getting messed up was hilarious. Seeing her catch the thing, release it and then catch it again was just dumb. She shouldn't have given up, I liked Pachurisu better with Jessie now but good for Dawn that she caught it again. All in all it was decent focusing on Dawn.

KingMinun
20th June 2013, 10:27 PM
A good episode for development for Dawn. Looking back at this episode after seeing all of DP, just makes you think how much Dawn changed, she gave up so easily on Pachirisu because she didn't think it liked her. But now we know that Dawn wouldn't do that. Also, I think this episode shows how Brock acts as a good mentor for Dawn, you can tell he wasn't happy about her giving up Pachirisu, but then he was willing to help get it back, however, he wanted to prove that Pachirisu was Dawn's rightful pokemon by not trying to convince it to come to her with food, and knew that Pachirisu would come to Dawn without it.

PokemontrainerY
16th July 2013, 7:45 AM
This episode was funny, I think Pachirisu is a nice addition to Dawn's team, I'm glad it didn't ended up with Jessie. The scene where Parchirisu blew a sweet kiss to Piplup was funny. Also, It's hilariouse when Pachirisu shocked Dawn and her hair messed up, LOL her facial expressions were priceless. Team Rocket said their usual motto .... "On the Winds, Past the Stars, Jessie (blowing a kiss),James, Meowth, dat's the truth". Jessie tried convince Pachirisu to come with them, but Parchirisu blasted them off and reunited with Dawn. Ash was smiling after seeing their reunion .... I guess Ash was remembering the time when he tried to leave Pikachu back in Kanto.

zhixun
30th May 2014, 9:27 PM
Pachirisu is a cute Pokémon and surely a good partner for Hikari. Although this is a way to develop friendship between Hikari and Pachirisu but I think this is weird for her release a Pokémon again then to catch it back.

Lorde
24th November 2014, 2:55 AM
Pachirisu was so damn adorable; I screamed "KAWAII!" in real life when it started grooming its tail. I cackled like a hyena when Dawn got zapped by it as well as during the chase scene when the cast's other Pokemon ran after it. Seeing Dawn release it made me cry, but I was glad that that was resolved after Pachirisu helped un-stick Ash and friends.

Painkiller2001
12th December 2014, 5:01 AM
I have to complain about the music in this episode for a change. But, not in the way I usually would see here. And yes, I'm one who usually doesn't complain at all about the music, but this is one of those rare exceptions.

In this episode, during when Dawn is trying to bring Pachirisu back with here, it seemed like the background music just never stopped. I actually got annoyed with it in the "oh god, just let the music come to an end already!" kind of way.