PDA

View Full Version : "#Spp cannot join channel

Willow's Tara
16th February 2007, 12:13 PM
Okay, I had this message come up twice today and I am not sure what it means, it keeps saying I am not on a channel, I am connected but for some reason not connecting me to the Spp channel

[21:07] Connecting...
[21:07] Logging in...
[21:07] -eternia.dejatoons.net- *** Looking up your hostname...
[21:07] -eternia.dejatoons.net- *** Found your hostname
[21:07] Welcome to the DejaToons IRC Network Guest4589!Guest4589@d58-108-97-63.dsl.nsw.optusnet.com.au
[21:07] *** Your nick is now Guest4589
[21:07] Your host is eternia.dejatoons.net, running version Unreal3.2.5
[21:07] This server was created Wed Aug 23 2006 at 08:30:48 ED

[21:07] - - Bottom line...if you can exercise a little common sense and
[21:07] - - follow the rules everything should be fine.
[21:07] - -
[21:07] End of /MOTD command.
[21:07] *** Mode changed to i
[21:07] [SecureServ VERSION]
[21:07] #SPP Cannot join channel (+b)

Any ideas on what it means? Also I noticed something else

[21:07] - 26/12/2005 20:27
[21:07] - - ************************************************** ******
[21:07] - - Welcome to the DejaToons Network
[21:07] - - All network servers are accessible via irc.dejatoons.net
[21:07] - - Website: http://www.dejatoons.net
[21:07] - - Network help channel: /join #help
[21:07] - -Network forum: http://forum.dejatoons.net
[21:07] - - Most ports between 6665-7002 are available.
[21:07] - - SSL is available on ports 6601 and 7777.

It says Welcome to Dejatoons netwoerk, but shouldn't it say Serebii? This is where I am confused

Bryloom
16th February 2007, 12:20 PM
Hmm... I get that 1st message whenever I'm banned. Perhaps, this is what happened you?

Dejatoons is simply the server, so thats not the problem.

I'm guessing that you were banned. It happens to the best of us

Willow's Tara
16th February 2007, 12:22 PM
Banned? For what? I haven't been on for aleast a month or so, and the last time I signed out was when I got off the net, not when I got kicked out..

Edit: I am trying to remeber the last time I was on, and I know it wasn't this month,, I remeber I was on 15th/16th November because that was the night of the formal and I was having my own little afterparty because I couldn't go to the actual one... But I just can't seem to remeber when I was on again, I know I was, but whever that was, I know for sure I wasn't banned....

Edit 2: I remeber been kicked out maybe twice, once was when I said the b- word but that was accident because I was calling a ex friend of mine wone and I forgot about the rule, and I think there was the other time that was done by accident as well, but I know after those times I was able to come back on like 5 minutes later..

Bryloom
16th February 2007, 12:35 PM
Yes, strange. If it was that long ago, you should be unbanned by now. I checked the ban list, and theres hosts similar to yours, but I don't know that much when it comes to that stuff.

Willow's Tara
16th February 2007, 12:37 PM
True...So it's weird, how was I banned? And what do you mean hosts? Where this ban list so I can look at it? (Are members able to access it?)

Edit: There was one other thing but I didn't get kicked out for it, about a month ago I was adding quotes from my stories when one of the chat members informed me that wasn't allowed, but the thing is, the instant he told me that, I cut it out because I didn't want to get banned, and I was still on I think an hour later, so none of this makes sense, unless if I had a blackout but that hasn't to me before...

Is it possible someone could have imposed as me? But then again, wouldn't the IP's be different? (And no one else accesses Serebii here at home)

Bryloom
16th February 2007, 1:03 PM
Sorry, like I said before, I don't know much about this stuff. I just know how to access the banlist using mIRC. I'm trying to get an Op to help you out, but no one is willing right now. =\

Willow's Tara
16th February 2007, 1:07 PM
Okay, thanks for helping, hopefully someone will come and shed some light...Why don't the Ops want to help? Or aleast tell you to tell me why I was banned, I know I was only banned from Serebii's chat because I am on Pokecommunity's chat right now, and they both are on the same servers aren't they? Or channels or whatever

Mr. Brightside
16th February 2007, 1:17 PM
Hey there,

I'm guessing the problem is that a wider ban on your host has been placed. Coincidently, my own ISP happens to be none other than the one that you have, and when I tried connecting to the #SPP chatroom, I was ultimately refused entry. I suppose the only thing we (you) can do now is wait for the ban to be lifted, and/or for one of the channel operators to fix this up (I'm sure they will be more than willing to help, the only thing stopping them from doing so being the nasty things also known as timezones).

Willow's Tara
16th February 2007, 1:20 PM
I know, it's annoying, especially when I have no idea what I did, and Serebii's the only chat I normally go onto, I know I wasn't kicked off the last time I was on, I think I had said bye to everyone and then left, could have been late at night.. Or early in the morning when I did...

Forretress Fan
16th February 2007, 1:37 PM
i might think know whats wrong,

Ifyou have a sibling and gets on sometimes when you aren't and gets you banned, that could be,

Our someone sent you an virus, happened to me B4, the virus won't let you log in, causing limited ban by the virus sender.

I dunno if this might be true right, but the ban list has been pretty big, everyday i see 4 people banned, maybe your one of them, not sure just guessing on last one

Willow's Tara
16th February 2007, 1:40 PM
My sibling is 18 turning 19, the other one is handicapped and 20, the other one is 26 and another is like 28 and they don't live in, so it wouldn't be any of them...

and I been safe with my emails, I don't open anything that doesn't look safe, and I don't always look or sign in MSN anyway.

Maybe, if I only could see that banlist to see if I am on it, but it probably take forever to do.. *Wish a Op that goes here will come on soon and clear it up*