PDA

View Full Version : Introduction

Larzix
19th February 2007, 1:50 AM
Well I might as well get around to introducing my self. Considering this site has pretty well been my bible since I have found it. So I decided to get off my butt and Join the community.

Anyways I have been playing Pokemon since I was a kid. It all started when I went to my friends house and - with the help of his Pokemon- I was able to catch my very own Weedle. To this day I have always had a soft side for Bug type Pokemon, although my favorite is Fire type Pokemon (theres something about that Flamethrower attack...).

Before finding the site I had NO idea about EV's and IV's (I still don't quite understand how IV's work) or stuff like STAB and Sweepers even existed.

Turns out this children's game has more math and complexity to it than most RPG's out there. Witch was a great underestimation on my behalf.

Anyways that's about it.

FeralChaosTrainer0520
19th February 2007, 2:25 AM
Hi! So you're kind of like how I was a couple weeks ago? I found this site while I was doing research on the upcoming Pokemon D/P games. I was going to it for a couple days before I decided to just join the community and see if I liked it. And I do! I'm sure you will too.

Also, you're right about how these kid's games have a lot more math and stuff than most RPGs. Not that it's hard math, but still...

justice_pie
19th February 2007, 6:27 PM
hi! welcome to the forums,read the rules,have fun, and don't tell anyone about my plans for world domination!........oops,i shouldn't have said that.

Zenigane
19th February 2007, 6:40 PM
Hello, read the rules (don't you get tired of that?) and have fun!

Larzix
19th February 2007, 9:13 PM
I did read the rules though.

Pokepal
20th February 2007, 4:49 PM
Well,read them again:)
Enjoy Serebii!