PDA

View Full Version : Mutiny in the Bounty! (488)

Serebii
23rd February 2007, 12:44 PM
http://www.serebii.net/anime/NextOn/488.jpgMutiny in the Bounty!

During their travels, Ash & Co. encounter a Pokémon Hunter. This Hunter is eager to take Pokémon from other people and manages to take Ash's Pikachu & Team Rocket's Meowth. Ash, eager to get his friend back, teams up with Team Rocket. Will they get Pikachu & Meowth back or will this Hunter prevail?

Visit The Episode Guide (http://www.serebii.net/anime/epiguide/shinou/488.shtml)

Discuss

Korobooshi Kojiro
23rd February 2007, 12:44 PM
J's lucky.

She stopped James right before he called out Carnivine. Ten seconds later, and half of Kotobuki might've been gone.

scissorX
23rd February 2007, 12:51 PM
I'm really glad J wasn't properly defeated, meaning she will more than likely come back. I liked how for once the writers didn't just shrug off a villian and make them learn the errors of their ways by the end of the episode, but instead have them be comletly bad a** the entire way through. Very good episode.

gpt11
23rd February 2007, 1:41 PM
ok so im slightly confused what happend with mukkubird did it fly away?

does ash still have it?

sorry if it sounds stupid just the episode pix show it flying away and not returning!

Kuroshi
23rd February 2007, 1:52 PM
Ash sent Mukkubird to fetch Jenny and the others, he still has it.

This was a really good episode, J really is the best villian in the series.

Gardevior could've used a bigger role, but it was very cool to finally see Dorapion in action.

MechaBulba
23rd February 2007, 2:44 PM
ok so im slightly confused what happend with mukkubird did it fly away?

does ash still have it?

sorry if it sounds stupid just the episode pix show it flying away and not returning!

Lol i hjave only seen the ep pictures and it dose look like that. However i doudt in the middle of all the bad guys trying to catch him, stolen pokemon needing help and a hole in the ship ASH WOULD STOP AND THINK "U know i think i will let Mukubird go becuase its emo ways make me depressed".

What attack was gaurdivoir doing at the end there?

Also Doripion looked cool in this ep and gd to see a GolBat once again. Shame to see yet another hyperbeam however. Surly dragon breath would have been more fitting.

Pika Hikari KT
23rd February 2007, 3:38 PM
What attack was gaurdivoir doing at the end there?
You mean to get the kids out? That was Teleport.-_-;

FireHead Hank
23rd February 2007, 3:42 PM
Nice episode. But I still dont get how J manages to "freeze" the Pokemon. Arcanine was cool as usual :)

S.Suikun
23rd February 2007, 3:57 PM
I'm lazy, so I'm going to copy my thoughts from the speculation thread:

- Pachirisu is on Hikari's shoulders in the opening
- J has a pretty deep feminine voice
- I love how this b**** just attacks random trainers. I mean actually attacks them.
- Whoa snap! J's airship is able to make itself invisible!
- In J's stache, I see a Swampert, Teddiursa, Ninetales, Relicanth, Magby, and Kirlia.
- Apparently the trophy cases are able to immobilize or free a Pokemon by moving a meter.
- I'm officially convinced that J is the most evil character this show has EVER had. That includes the movies.
- LOL @ J's lackey unfreezing Meowth's head, then attempting to freeze his mouth.
- J ties up some no-name trainer and steals his Absol.
- Jessie accidentally re-freezing Meowth XD
- Muku.BIRD. to the rescue! ...Actually, it just completely ditches Ash and TR and lets them fall to their deaths.
- I just noticed that unlike practically every other female in the anime, J has no eyeleashes.
- Oh my God, Gardevoir actually does do something useful in this! (Teleporting everyone out of the falling airship, which EXPLODES, but not in as cool a fashion as Carnivine.)
- Sounds like TR is swearing vengeance against J and the Pokemon Hunters or something. Ash does the same.
- PACHIRISU ISN'T IN THE ENDING! Sign of a new ending in the near future, maybe?

Gravy
23rd February 2007, 4:08 PM
- In J's stache, I see a Swampert, Teddiursa, Ninetales, Relicanth, Magby, and Kirlia.

...I read that, and now I'm unable to get the image of J with pokémon-infested facial hair out of my head :(

133tSneasel
23rd February 2007, 4:21 PM
Did she/J only want Meowth because it was a talking meowth? Or because it was another pokemon to add to her collection, Like Swampert and Teddiursa

Kaasuti
23rd February 2007, 4:24 PM
This episode was truely dark compared to all episodes and movies :X.. i was like " how dare she attack random trainer's,what a b****h" lolski

plus evil pachirisu looks so damn kawaii!

Maestro Kinético
23rd February 2007, 4:55 PM
Nothing really happened in thies epp. I was expecting some deep villain and drama but it was all a couple of explosions. And again the sunset scene... Itw a sgreat to see Gardevoir, Kirlia and Absol though.

This episode was truely dark compared to all episodes and movies :X.. i was like " how dare she attack random trainer's,what a b****h" lolski

Dark? The atmosphere wasn't dark. We have had pretty dark episodes like Fear Factor Phony and Mystery at the Lighthouse. Which reminds me that they keep using the same scheme and the mountains are the same colour always.

Weav-vile
23rd February 2007, 4:59 PM
Wow. Just wow.

The episode was hella good, guys! I'm sure everybody's gonna like it... No way to feel bored while watching this!

Since most of you already said a lot, I'm just gonna say a little bit of things...

- Hmmm, yeah, I saw Pachirisu wasn't in the ending... But I seriously hope they don't change it yet, 'cause it totally rocks! It's one of the best endings Pokémon Series ever had;

- Speaking about the thing... Yeah, it was there! ^_^
Cute as always -- and furious!

- J really, really rocks. And I'm sure we'll see her again.

- The episode overall was one of the best of the whole series, along with D/P 19.

Ant that's that.

If the D/P keeps this awesomeness, it sure will be the best series since now -- and I hope it does! \o/

*Goes to change the sign*

- Nozomi

pochama_blue
23rd February 2007, 5:02 PM
one of the greatest filler episodes ever
... and gardevoir got a 2nd appearence yay im so happy, also Hikari seemed to like Kirlia a possible sign of her getting one and maybe an Erlade

nap*
23rd February 2007, 6:00 PM
I'm glad J is going to be a recuring character, and I liked the lets attack random trainers for no apparant reason, and what confused me was that Pikachu saw Gardivoir get stoned, and when it was his turn he just stood there like the statue is would eventually be came

BlazikenBud
23rd February 2007, 6:04 PM
Gardevoir's there!!!!! YAY!!! finnaly she get's a second anime appearence!!! Now they're both on their way to the third!!! MUST FIND ON YOUTUBE!!!
wait, it says that the page does not exist, why not?

CyberCubed
23rd February 2007, 6:48 PM
How much screentime did Gardevoir get, give or take?

Crimsonmon
23rd February 2007, 8:13 PM
How much screentime did Gardevoir get, give or take?

About five minutes.

CyberCubed
23rd February 2007, 8:19 PM
About five minutes.

*cries*

Well, I suppose its better than not appearing at all.

Almighty Zard
23rd February 2007, 8:58 PM
This was a very great episode, hopefully we'll see J again some day.

DP is really cutting loose with bad arse people, first a rival, and now a villian, hopefully they continue to produce more people like this.

Neko Godot
23rd February 2007, 9:01 PM
Mm, the filler girl with the Gardevoir was quite attractive.

But shouldn't the writers be worrying more about Team Galactic than some random made up villain?

AshfanGirl20
23rd February 2007, 9:04 PM
This has to be my favorite episode thus far....I loved seeing Team Rockets Jessie/James/Meowth/Ash/Pikachu work together agian...And yes I'm so happy this girl villain is a returning one, so awesome...I hope she try's to get revenge agianst both Ash/Jessie/James that would be neat a villain all three of them can team up agianst...And the animation was awesome...Yah really my favorite episode so far ^^
I give it a 10/10

MaskedManAbsolkid
23rd February 2007, 9:12 PM
Was I the only one who was reminded of the poachers from the end of Johto/start of Chronicles? That's who I thought of when I saw the other hunters.

I hope these guys come back. The ending bit with the guy in the airship makes me think they'll be recurring.

Weav-vile
23rd February 2007, 9:26 PM
I forgot to mention that I loved all the background songs that played during the episode -- specially the one which took part in the ending scenes. Can anyone tell me what song is it?

There was an Aipom there too, which looked so much alive. I mean, that thing was oh-so-cute! Aipom was a great point in the episode too... <3

Aw, and Team Rocket. When Meowth got kidnapped, Jessie's voice calling out for it was so nice (.-.)! And when they met again, they were all glad to see each other again... And seconds later Jesse was already screaming at Meowth. LOL! XD
But the better part was when they got saved by Gardevoir (which, along with the filler girl, was awesome too) and step out carefully. I laughed so much!
I love Team Rocket!

Concluding, I need to speak about the ending scenes, again... Who cares if there was a sunset when you get very deep talkings, differen characters' perspective and a cold villain (yeah, she didn't even care about the other's lives when she ordered her man to let that part of that thing go)
on it? ;P

- Nozomi

S.Suikun
23rd February 2007, 9:39 PM
Dark? The atmosphere wasn't dark. We have had pretty dark episodes like Fear Factor Phony and Mystery at the Lighthouse. Which reminds me that they keep using the same scheme and the mountains are the same colour always.
Those episodes were only "dark" because they took place at night. We mean dark in a metaphoric sense.

one of the greatest filler episodes ever
It wasn't really a filler since there's a 99% chance J will be returning in the future.

About five minutes.
It was more like 20 seconds at the beginning and 20 seconds at the end. Unless you count all the shots of Gardy frozen in the background.

But shouldn't the writers be worrying more about Team Galactic than some random made up villain?
Galactic definitely needs to be focused on soon, though the anime';s depiction of made-up villains like Harley seem to outdo their renditions of other villains from the games, like Archie and Maxie.

R_N
23rd February 2007, 9:48 PM
Looks great from teh pics, but you can't tell that much from them, so I'll give a full opinion later.

But just from the pics, J looks awsome; she better make at least 3 more times & team up with Team Galactic at least once.

But....why was hse freezing pokemon? Just for her own pleasure?

Korobooshi Kojiro
23rd February 2007, 9:50 PM
the mountains are the same colour always.
Well, yeah...mountains usually have a habit of not putting on makeup and changing color, last time I checked.

I was expecting some deep villain and drama but it was all a couple of explosions
Well, yeah, expecting that in Pokemon was idiotic. And yes, that includes Season 1.

Anyway, I was surprised they left Absol frozen for the whole time, and was wondering if Gardevoir was even gonna save it...oh well, we almost lost an emo...ah, wth, probably would be better without it.

Drapion = cool. I like him so much bettter then Garde and Kirlia. Seeing Ariados kick *** was cool as well, and was Golbat.

Ninetalesuk
23rd February 2007, 10:59 PM
What is that stuff used to freeze Pokemon?

Yamato-san
24th February 2007, 12:18 AM
Drapion = cool. I like him so much bettter then Garde and Kirlia. Seeing Ariados kick *** was cool as well, and was Golbat.

hopefully, with J's subsequent appearances, this would make up for that horrific incident that happened to Harley's Ariados in Yamabuki City.

Damn, honestly, I was going into this episode with some pretty low expectations. I mean, several (anime original) villians aside from Rocket Dan's MusaKoji trio have appeared before, but no matter how evil and intelligent they seemed, they always got stopped short in their plans and ended up getting captured the very episode (or movie) they premiered in, subsequently causing them to disappear into obscurity like so many other one-shots. Ryou (incidentally, another Pokemon Hunter, and he appeared around the beginning of the last series), Vicious, Hanzou, even Yamato and Kosaburou failed in their premiere episode (you know... before Housou turned them into a joke mirroring MusaKoji). Bashou, Buson, Shiranui, and Domino proved to be exceptions (but for some reason, they never got to appear again sans the former three's brief cameo at the beginning of movie 9), but in any case, I was just expecting J to be the same as all those other one-shots.

Instead, I get a villain that doesn't get herself captured so easily, and actually proved to be pretty competent (she didn't even waste her breath on Satoshi until she took notice of Pikachu's strength, she was able to notice things like the door being cracked open, and she didn't fall for, and/or just plain wasn't interested in, Nyaasu saying he could help her capture Pokemon by understanding their feelings. Plus, tying up Kojirou before he even released Masukippa was all kinds of badass ^^), as well as friggin' cold-hearted (cutting off the damage third sector of her plane, completely unconcerned over her subordinates while stating she'll search for a different Sirnight and Absol). It was also nice to see her Pokemon as being anything but weak (something tells me that if this were pre-AG, her Drapion would be taken out by Satoshi's current team, no matter how weak it is right now, with almost zero effort). Best of all, a very good indication that she'll be making return appearances. ^^

Man, first a damn good, frequently-appearing (better than Shigeru, at least) rival for Satoshi, and now the possibility of a competent, recurring villain? Diamond/Pearl doesn't seem to be pulling any stops, does it?

Flamez
24th February 2007, 12:52 AM
It was good to J as a threat. For some reason team magma/aqua never seemed threatful enough. Just an opinion but J's introduction is far better then the introduction Team Magma/Aqua got.

I like her pokemon as well, Ariados, Salamence, Drapion.

I thought the animation was very good in this episode.

-Starly-
24th February 2007, 1:16 AM
http://i8.photobucket.com/albums/a9/Dreamcoat/swampert.png
Swampert is a Wobbuffet impersonator.

cassius335
24th February 2007, 3:22 AM
Notice this is one of the few episodes where Takeshi didn't go gaga over he local Jenny. Either something had to get to cut for time, the writers realised the situation was too serious for such a scene, that Officer Jenny was a fake or Greggle's been asking for too much money...

PokeDouglas
24th February 2007, 3:27 AM
These Pokémon hunters are stupid. When's Nintendo gonna bring on Team Glactic?!

The Great Butler
24th February 2007, 3:29 AM
This episode is love. Easily the best one in years.

I bet she'll make deals to supply Team Galactic with stolen Pokémon at some point.

-Starly-
24th February 2007, 3:54 AM
These Pokémon hunters are stupid. When's Nintendo gonna bring on Team Glactic?!
You don't know a good villain when you see one. Besides, the writers might put Galactic in the tenth movie instead.

Flamez
24th February 2007, 4:42 AM
^^ Yeah they most likely will because Team Galactics plot revolves around Palkia/Dalgia and they will be starring in the 10th movie. I think that is BETTER then them appearing in the anime.

I forgot who said it but I agreed that made up villains are better handled in the anime then the villains in the games. Look at the miserable treatment Team Magma/Aqua got. The movie will handle the plot of the legendaries and the evil team.
Besides Pokemon Hunter J and her crew were handled great, they've proven to be more of a threat then any other villain group to grace the show.

SOS! Its Not Healthy..
24th February 2007, 4:46 AM
Wow, just wow, never I seen such an awesome episode im a while, it just kept going on and on, nonstop action. This tops all the other DP episodes I seen so far. I was actually loved every second of the episode, not liked, loved.

J was just cold hearted, and did not give a rat *** about anyone, her personality was just like whoa, and for one thing, she actually smarter then most villians, but don't know how long that status would last. The stoned thing is genius, but one thing came to my mind. Yes I know it is a cartoon, but how in the hell the Pokemon breathe in stone? There not dead since there is a controller there, but it bugged me a bit.

Ash and Team Rocket working together was another surprise. No questions, hesitations, they just do it, do what needs to be done.

And the biggest surprise came to this episode is that Brock does not flirt with anyone in this episode. Not the girl or Officier Jenny. In a way, that was good since it would kill the whole episode flow.

I'm done, but this episode surprised me all that I was expecting.

AshfanGirl20
24th February 2007, 4:50 AM
Notice this is one of the few episodes where Takeshi didn't go gaga over he local Jenny. Either something had to get to cut for time, the writers realised the situation was too serious for such a scene, that Officer Jenny was a fake or Greggle's been asking for too much money...

HA I noticed that, even in that special that airs with movie 8 Brock goes all gaga over Officer Jenny and Nurse Joy and that wasn't exacly a peacful episode LOL. Maybe Brocks finally gone out of puperty LOL.

CaptainBrain
24th February 2007, 4:55 AM
J better return, she was too awesome not to.

R_N
24th February 2007, 5:31 AM
Animation=Awsome! Just want to get that out of the way

-Twas nice seeing another Gardivoir, but I was a bit surprised they jumped right into the action.

-Wow, J is focused, barely bats an eyelash at Ash & co. I like her design too.

-Dorapion is one big pokemon. Me likey

-I liked how quickly J thought to "capture" pikachu; once again, didn't bat an eyelash

-I like how Seviper got in on the Motto. Just a small touch but made me smile.

-Didn't even throw the ball before string shot'd!

-Ash & co. not even noticing TR tied to the boulder made lauigh for soem reason. Not the first tiem they did it, but it was just...humerous. Then their reactiosn to the big ship(cloacking FTW!)

-Ah, she really is quite evil! She stones the pokemon then sells them! Poor Teddiursa(cuddles mine).

-I liked the Mewoth scene in general

-Don't get waht Kirlia was doing

-ARCANINE!

-I think TR & Ash are breaking some law of physics to stay liek that on the car.

-AIPOM!

-Hm, Meowth was a schemin, but I guess it backfired.

-CA_RAZY AIPOM VS DORAPION!

-FIGHT! Oh, and Turtwig.

-OOooh, crafty Aipom. Though it seems to be a magical expanding air vent. Seems pretty samll but can fit Jessies & James.

-Ah, pokemon. It seems that if an attack meets with anything it creates an explosion. I'll call it the Pokemon Theory of Relative Combustive Discharge.

-Hey! A golbat did something!

-I like that whilst A,P,J,J & M were rejoicing, Aipom was freeing Gards in the background(yet completely ignorded Absol). Gotta love small touches.

-& Gardi saves the day(and Absol)! Heh, never noticed how symetrical they are.

-We'd better se J again. At least once with TG, assumiong they decide to make a role in the show.

S.Suikun
24th February 2007, 5:36 AM
Animation=Awsome! Just want to get that out of the way
It was decent enough, though not quite "awesome".

-Wow, J is focused, barely bats an eyelash at Ash & co. I like her design too.
That's because unlike practically every other female in this series, she has no eyelashes. 0_o

Did they even bother giving a name to filler girl? Or did I just not catch it on either of my two watches of the episode? (I'm going to call her Pinky in the meantime. Because her hair is pink. Bloody genius, I tell you.)

-Starly-
24th February 2007, 5:41 AM
Yes I know it is a cartoon, but how in the hell the Pokemon breathe in stone? There not dead since there is a controller there, but it bugged me a bit.
Think of them being in a cryogenic suspended motion.

S. Suikun : Pinky FTW!

DarkFocre
24th February 2007, 1:15 PM
This ep was really good to my opinon I'm glad they let the hunter stay bad and mysterious instead of spanking her behind like they do team rocket she makes a great enemy dp is geting better and better.;026; ;136; ;107; ;munchlax; ;165; ;222;

Ashy Boy
24th February 2007, 1:18 PM
I should have guessed that a villain as formidable and no-nonsense as the Hunter would never be defeated so easily. Then again, I'm not surprised seeing that every "real" villlain would make Jessie, James and Meowth look like a joke.

ChaosMage
24th February 2007, 2:33 PM
Wow. Just wow. The only tragedy is that Gardevoir got so little to do. When is it going to battle!?! And who knows, Hikari's fondness for Kirlia could indeed be a sign...

Korobooshi Kojiro
24th February 2007, 4:39 PM
According to the credits, Maria was filler girl.

Anyway, the way Turtwig slung those Razor Leafs at the baddies when they were crawling through the vent gave it a little more "bad-assity"

Kaasuti
24th February 2007, 4:48 PM
According to the credits, Maria was filler girl.

Anyway, the way Turtwig slung those Razor Leafs at the baddies when they were crawling through the vent gave it a little more "bad-assity"
Haha i loved it when turtwig did that :)

Geodude
24th February 2007, 4:50 PM
Don't get waht Kirlia was doing.
It was psychically scanning the area to find out where J and everyone went, then telepathically showing the gang the location. It finally collapsed from the strain.

Kabuto
24th February 2007, 6:51 PM
That was pretty good. DP season has been entertaining so far. J is one of the first real "bad" villains of the series. I just hope we don't see the magma/aqua treatment for her.

EDIT: I was hoping the filler girl gave kirlia to SOMEONE in the group so we can see Erureido action.

Geodude
25th February 2007, 3:39 AM
Also, why are people saying Hikari liked Kirlia? She just dexed it, that's all.

Ancax
25th February 2007, 5:29 AM
J+Azula in Avata with the "I dont care people are hurt behind my actions attitude."

Loved Aipom's usefulness.
Loved Hikari rescuing Ash with Pachirisu, May would have been nervous (more reasons why she is not a May-clone)
Loved J's Ariados String shotting James before hhe could throw Carnivine's Poke Ball.

uber gon
25th February 2007, 9:06 AM
J+Azula in Avata with the "I dont care people are hurt behind my actions attitude."

Loved Aipom's usefulness.
Loved Hikari rescuing Ash with Pachirisu, May would have been nervous (more reasons why she is not a May-clone)
Loved J's Ariados String shotting James before hhe could throw Carnivine's Poke Ball.

Let's hope Ash won't get hurt from the back from her,then.

Nyami
25th February 2007, 10:06 AM
Well, I saw the pictures earlier:

-J is an awesome villian. Can't wait to see her in the future.
-Great fights in the ep.
-I love it when Team Rocket and Ash work together in episodes and movies.
-Dorapion is still the ugliest thing ever.

PokeDouglas
25th February 2007, 5:07 PM
I'm suprised Brock didn't go Loverboy in this episode either. I just crack up whenever he does this! ;421-i;

Ancax
25th February 2007, 5:12 PM
Brock did absolutely nothing in this episode.

Juputoru
25th February 2007, 5:44 PM
Brock did absolutely nothing in this episode.
And thus the status quo is maintained! Well, actually he was the only one who seemed to notice that Ash was on the bottom of the Pokemon Hunters' car as it flew overhead, but that's small enough that it doesn't really matter.

I'd say something about how it's refreshing to have an effective villian on the show, or how kickass J's plane was, or how it's about time someone remembered that a Meowth that speaks human words is special, but alas it's all been done already. Well, maybe not the Meowth part.
I shall instead comment on how Seviper popped out of its ball at the end of the motto along with the usual suspects(poor snake must be feeling overshadowed by the ever-exploding Maskippa), how TR was continually ignored by the heroes(even when the car flew overhead with Ash and TR hanging on below, Ash was the only one the people below took notice of. Sheesh!), and how strange it is that the Teddiursa managed to shed tears AFTER turning into a statue(either that or it shed them before its eyes were re-stoned, and they just didn't shine until AFTER it was completely petrified).

TeddiUrsa
25th February 2007, 10:35 PM
how strange it is that the Teddiursa managed to shed tears AFTER turning into a statue(either that or it shed them before its eyes were re-stoned, and they just didn't shine until AFTER it was completely petrified).

I really liked the scene. Nothing is better than a crying teddiursa...*cries*
A rather cruel scene as well as the stolen pokemon from that scene probably never saw their real trainer again.

J ist just what the anime needed. Too bad there wasn´t any Vampire Hunter D allusion...well,...that was expected. Seems like the title was just a coincidence.

Dax
25th February 2007, 10:40 PM
The animation was great and is really cool because everytime we have an episode with great animation the next one is crap and this time it didn't happen.

Dorapion is ugly, weird looking, his design sucks and I just don't like how big and deformed he looks. He is powerful and I loved how Swift and Rzor Leaf did nothing to him and they exploded in Dorapion's head so that's something.

J is really awesome, with great ideas and cool pokemons. A villain that has a Dorapion and Salamence? Awesome!

I loved how Turtwig's Razor Leaf hit the people in the face, that was cool stuff.

At the end Gardevoir didn't do anything special. Kirlia helped but it was underused too. Cool pokemons with wasted potential.

I love when Team Rocket is with Ash. They make a great team and they are not the usual idiots.

AshfanGirl20
25th February 2007, 10:58 PM
Yah it really is awesome when Team Rocket and Ash work together. I hope they do it more often this season than they did it last seasons...

uber gon
26th February 2007, 12:55 AM
The animation was great and is really cool because everytime we have an episode with great animation the next one is crap and this time it didn't happen.

Dorapion is ugly, weird looking, his design sucks and I just don't like how big and deformed he looks. He is powerful and I loved how Swift and Rzor Leaf did nothing to him and they exploded in Dorapion's head so that's something.

J is really awesome, with great ideas and cool pokemons. A villain that has a Dorapion and Salamence? Awesome!

I loved how Turtwig's Razor Leaf hit the people in the face, that was cool stuff.

At the end Gardevoir didn't do anything special. Kirlia helped but it was underused too. Cool pokemons with wasted potential.

I love when Team Rocket is with Ash. They make a great team and they are not the usual idiots.

Yeah, I like the "sizzle" effect they had on Dorapion.

Manafi's Dream
26th February 2007, 2:54 AM
Does anybody know where to find a video of the episode?

-Starly-
26th February 2007, 4:02 AM
Japan, duh.

BattleFranky~40
26th February 2007, 4:04 AM
Japan, duh.

Specifically, TV Tokyo.

Yah it really is awesome when Team Rocket and Ash work together. I hope they do it more often this season than they did it last seasons...
They didn't work together in this episode. At all.

CyberCubed
26th February 2007, 4:08 AM
Having finally seen this myself:

- I love how the action started off right away. The characters didn't even get to introduce themselves to the filler girl before the trouble started.

- J is simply ruthless, attacking that girl out of nowhere and stealing Gardevoir pretty easily. When you have a Salamence + Ariados + Dorapion in your arsenal, you know you have a winner.

- Whatever organization these hunters have, they're pretty well equipped. Trucks, hovercrafts, guns that turn Pokemon to stone, good stuff.

- Is it just me or do Hikari and Brock have a death wish? Who the hell stands with their arms spread across as a truck driving 90mph is heading right toward you? Both Brock and Hikari could have been killed if the truck ran right into them instead of zooming over them on the cliff. Seriously, when you have evil people trying to make a getaway, you DON'T stand in front of their vehicle unless you want to run the risk of getting run over. I can understand Hikari being naive about it, but Brock should have known better.

- I loved how Salamence shot a Hyperbeam at TR right after they finished their motto. I LOL'd, and Meowth gets captured!

- The filler girl having a Kirlia to track down where J went was pretty neat, I thought.

- Ash and TR working together in the fortress was neat. Or rather, Jessie and James running away from the minions was funny. I LOVED the way Naetle just shot some Razor leafs at the guys trying to follow them in the shaft.

- Anyone else love the real sense of danger in this episode? During the final confrontation, a hole was made in the side of the vehicle and the air was ready to suck everyone out. I especially felt the emotion as Ash recalled his Naetle and Aipom before they went flying out to their deaths.

- Gardevoir saved everyone (yay!), and seeing Jenny round up all those criminals with that one rope was hilarious. So is that how Jenny captures criminals? Also is it just me, or did Brock not flirt with Jenny or the filler girl? I guess even he could restrain himself when something serious was going on.

- The end of the ep definitely makes it seem that J will return, which is a given, let's hope her next ep is as good as this.

Overall a really great episode that not only introduced a new villain, but we got to see several Pokemon we haven't seen in a while:

- Gardevoir (believe it or not, this is only its second episode in the anime)
- Kirlia
- Salamence (yay, it never got much spotlight outside Movie 6)
- Absol...for like 1 second before it gets stoned (ha)
- Ariados (although not special since Harley had one last season)
- Golbat...one that actually does something
- Arcanine...meh...overused Arcanine but we'll let him slide

Plus the new debut of Dorapion on top of it.

Definitely a great episode, it could have even been the plot for a movie if they threw a legendary in the equation. Shame that Hikari didn't get to do anything in this episode, but maybe we'll see more of her next time.

Flamez
26th February 2007, 4:37 AM
I dont know if this has been mentioned yet but I will say it.

When Pikachu uses Thunderbolt to break hole in the wall and the wind starts to suck everything up. Ash and everyone else grab something to hold, Meowth grabs Jessie's AS*. LOL Well actually her skirt but still it is her as*.

Jessie was not yelling just because she was in danger. :p

Jonessodaco.Chris
26th February 2007, 5:48 AM
k quick question people... i havnt had the privledge of seeing the video yet lol so can sombody tell me in the end if ALLL the stoned pokemon got out like teddy/ninetails/swampert/etc. cause if they didnt... crys a little inside lol

not sure if its been answered but can sombody help me out

BattleFranky~40
26th February 2007, 5:49 AM
k quick question people... i havnt had the privledge of seeing the video yet lol so can sombody tell me in the end if ALLL the stoned pokemon got out like teddy/ninetails/swampert/etc. cause if they didnt... crys a little inside lol

not sure if its been answered but can sombody help me out

They were sold a long while ago.

Jonessodaco.Chris
26th February 2007, 5:51 AM
They were sold a long while ago.

like they got SOLD in the episode or when we saw the picks of them it was a flashback... OMG thats sooo sad those poor pokemon never get to see there trainers again... but WHO WOULD buy one of those thats mean... so k clear it up for me please ^^^

Ps HOLYYY Dorapion is freaken HUGE didnt expect it to be that big lol thats awesome

BattleFranky~40
26th February 2007, 5:52 AM
like they got SOLD in the episode or when we saw the picks of them it was a flashback... OMG thats sooo sad those poor pokemon never get to see there trainers again... but WHO WOULD buy one of those thats mean... so k clear it up for me please ^^^

Ps HOLYYY Dorapion is freaken HUGE didnt expect it to be that big lol thats awesome

They got sold in the flashback. J was showing the pokemon off to a collector during the flashback.

Jonessodaco.Chris
26th February 2007, 5:59 AM
do the people that were buying them relize that they were actual pokemon underneith... or did they just think it was statues

and omg thats heart wrenching... like shes probly the first actual "EVIL" person in this anime... correct me if im wrong...

-Starly-
26th February 2007, 6:02 AM
I think she turns them to stone just for transporting them, then sell them un-petrified.

R_N
26th February 2007, 6:10 AM
OBJECTION!
THere is a clear contradiction in this member's testimony!

First you insult Dorapion & then you praise J on her choice of "awsome" pokemon.

Jonessodaco.Chris
26th February 2007, 9:25 PM
yah ^^^ dorapion is my new favorite poison pokemon ITS HUGE

Nekagi
26th February 2007, 10:46 PM
I have NO IDEA what that weird stuff J used to fossilize poor Pikachu was, but I was surprised that Meowth was fossilized too. I think J is from Cipher, judging on how she's dressed.

CabbyFish
26th February 2007, 11:23 PM
I can tell you, this one might be an easier episode to dub once the time comes; they don't even have to translate J's name.

This episode was different from the usual filler. We acually see an evil huntress which in itself doesn't happen often.

J heself was a surprizing gal. For one, she was already prepared for Guardevoir's teleport. Using Ariados's string shot to stop the humans from messing things up while the norm, is still effective, because J knows how to use it. Her Dorapion was also menicing as it minipulated some of the events of the episode. I have a strong feeling she will be seen again (or at least referenced to).

Is it me, or is that reused Arcanine footage (the scene where it uses fire blast)?

Nekagi
26th February 2007, 11:44 PM
I can tell you, this one might be an easier episode to dub once the time comes; they don't even have to translate J's name.

This episode was different from the usual filler. We acually see an evil huntress which in itself doesn't happen often.

J heself was a surprizing gal. For one, she was already prepared for Guardevoir's teleport. Using Ariados's string shot to stop the humans from messing things up while the norm, is still effective, because J knows how to use it. Her Dorapion was also menicing as it minipulated some of the events of the episode. I have a strong feeling she will be seen again (or at least referenced to).

Is it me, or is that reused Arcanine footage (the scene where it uses fire blast)?

How strong of a feeling, pray tell ?

BattleFranky~40
26th February 2007, 11:47 PM
I have NO IDEA what that weird stuff J used to fossilize poor Pikachu was, but I was surprised that Meowth was fossilized too. I think J is from Cipher, judging on how she's dressed.

They won't bring Cipher into the anime. It's time has passed. J belongs to no organization. She's a lone wolf.

Nekagi
26th February 2007, 11:52 PM
They won't bring Cipher into the anime. It's time has passed. J belongs to no organization. She's a lone wolf.

You have a point there.

Pokemon Fan
27th February 2007, 6:42 AM
do the people that were buying them relize that they were actual pokemon underneith... or did they just think it was statues
She would change them back before giving them to their new owner, wealthy heartless collectors and the like. I'll bet she has sold some to the likes of TR as well. There have been many remarks in the series about how some people make a lot of money illegally selling pokemon, but J is the first time we've seen just what benefits a successful operation can get (their technology was amazing and way beyond what any local police force could handle).

and omg thats heart wrenching... like shes probly the first actual "EVIL" person in this anime... correct me if im wrong...
Not really. Giovanni is certainly evil (when he's not in a Meowth fantasy), as are some other TR members like Vicious, Domino, Bashou etc. Not to mention the hunter that tried to take Arbok and Weezing back in Hoenn and beat Jessie, James and Meowth to a pulp.

J is just different from most in that she wasn't captured, and unlike any of the others except Giovanni she is a leader with a number of people working under her.

Geodude
28th February 2007, 2:40 AM
You're forgetting about Professor Sebastian (the guy from Legend of Thunder), Professor Namba, and the guy from the Red Gyarados arc. They had/have authority within TR as well.

Dax
28th February 2007, 2:57 AM
OBJECTION!
THere is a clear contradiction in this member's testimony!

First you insult Dorapion & then you praise J on her choice of "awsome" pokemon.

OBJECTION TO YOU!!! Ppfft!

I said that I didn't like the design because he looks weird but I did like how powerful he was. It's a different thing. You saw how the Swift and the Razor Leaf hit it in the face and he was like nothing happened...that was freaking cool! His design is the thing that bothers me.

Bliksem
28th February 2007, 8:06 AM
My favorite thing is that J is quick to respond to situations. As Pikachu utilized Volt Tackle, she only blinked in surprise that the rodent knew the rare and powerful move before ordering Drapion to dodge, something that totally caught Pikachu by surprise. After all, how often is Volt Tackle dodged? Of course, if Volt Tackle happens to miss, Pikachu typically doesn't win the fight.

I actually thought the action was a bit rushed. The episode seemed like it started 5 minutes in, and it was a bit disorienting. Because of that, we don't get as much background on the characters as we could have. But that's okay. J made up for it. She has silver hair, so that's auto-win for me. And Drapion's one of my favorite new Pokemon.

The one thing I disliked, though, is that people seemed to stand still unless called on by the plot. J didn't move unless she needed to; I'm certain she was aware that they were heading towards the containment bay. But on the other hand, she could have just not cared.

Something I *didn't* like was that Drapion was completely unfazed by Aipom and Turtwig's attacks before proceeding to beat both with a Cross Poison. The exchange was a bit too brief, though.

uber gon
2nd March 2007, 8:46 AM
Meh, I was hoping Salamence would show off more attacks like the others in the animé.

Dragon Dive, anyone?

HyperCyber
3rd March 2007, 7:02 PM
Erm, one thing I noticed about J is that she resembles Mitchell from the episode back in Hoenn. (Let Bagons be Bagons, it was called). Where her Bagon involved into a Shelgon and also, her hair color is similar to J's (except longer).

Any thoughts on that?

Winged_Psychic
2nd May 2007, 2:49 PM
I think this was a very enjoyable episode. The action was a bit rushed and it would have rocked had it been a two parter. J has got to be one of the most heartless villains in the anime. If she does reappear, I think she would be the best villain EVER imo.

Also, anyone else notice that J's grunts consisted entirely of men?

WaterDragon trainer
10th July 2007, 1:59 AM
This episode was pretty good. It was cool to see a Drapion. It was really freaky how that pokemon hunter turned pokemon into stone. It was good that Ash and TR worked together. It was funny when James and Jessie were being chased by J’s henchman. It was cool to see a Cross Poison. It was funny when Meowth confessed to eating Jessie’s last donut. J was a pretty lousy character.

G4Pokefan
10th July 2007, 2:01 AM
Man, I really enjoyed this episode. Lots of Pokemon appearances. Including Gardevoir. And I believe it has the same voice as before.

Is it just me or did Drapion sound like Steelix and Electabuzz?

I actually liked Team Rocket in this ep. especially when they were teaming up with Ash.

Jay is one helluva villianess. I wonder if she's part of Team Galatic?

Anyway, 8/10 4 me.

Blaziryu
10th July 2007, 2:25 AM
This episode was awesome. Jay was incredible & she can sure teach TR how to do their job. Even though Pikachu, Meowth & Gardevoir got away, she still had her another shipment of Pokemon in her other hangar. Officer Jenny is a disgrace. She can catch Jay's henchmen but not TR. In conclusion, Jay rules & TR s*cks.

133tSneasel
10th July 2007, 2:27 AM
I must ask a question about the Translation, in the very end of the episode. The hencemen called Hunter J, "Sir". Was that a Translation Error? or a Dubbed Error? Or is Hunter J, really a boy? I'm kinda confused

Great Episode and great chracter development if she/he ever comes back. I guess "stealing" Pokemon is the only way to be a villian in the Pokemon world. It also makes me think of when "Ekans" said there are no Bad Pokemon, just Bad Masters, and the Pokemon have to do what the masters said. Also, it makes me think that only "Creepy" looking Pokemon and "scary" pokemon are the only ones bad guys can use. Especially Poison Pokemon. Except for Ash's Muk, but we all know that he loves Professor Oak more

-Starly-
10th July 2007, 2:30 AM
This episode was one of the best in the DP saga when it first aired in Japan, and it still is one of the best episodes. The single fact that J wasn't caught or didn't learn the error of her ways (#1 killer of villains right here) is enough to warrant another appearance of her in the future.

133tSneasel
10th July 2007, 3:16 AM
I must ask a question about the Translation, in the very end of the episode. The hencemen called Hunter J, "Sir". Was that a Translation Error? or a Dubbed Error? Or is Hunter J, really a boy? I'm kinda confused

Great Episode and great chracter development if she/he ever comes back. I guess "stealing" Pokemon is the only way to be a villian in the Pokemon world. It also makes me think of when "Ekans" said there are no Bad Pokemon, just Bad Masters, and the Pokemon have to do what the masters said. Also, it makes me think that only "Creepy" looking Pokemon and "scary" pokemon are the only ones bad guys can use. Especially Poison Pokemon. Except for Ash's Muk, but we all know that he loves Professor Oak more

Horn Drill
10th July 2007, 3:42 AM
That was a pretty cool episode. I mean, a Pokemon bounty hunter with a laser gun and a flying machine... Maybe the "J" stands for "Jango." :p

When J flew away after capturing Meowth, James or Brock should've said, "Impossible! No ship that small has a cloaking device!"

Anyway, we know J will show up again sometime. I guess not developing her kind or made her a mysterious character. She does wear a black visor, after all.

My one regret is that they used Salamence to spam Hyper Beam in this episode. What a stupid waste. Salamence could've been awesome. Hyper Beam is ten times worse than Focus Punch as far as repetitiveness goes in the anime.

Dattebayo
10th July 2007, 3:50 AM
Is there going to be a rerun on this episode because I missed it.

ShinyManafi
10th July 2007, 7:32 AM
I hated how the episode just ended like that. They better continue off that at some point, I hope.

Cool laser gun thing though.

Shiny qwilfish of doom
10th July 2007, 8:01 AM
one dumb thing when the other part of the ship crashed.it exploded but the henchmen STILL survive.like come on!sould they at least look like they got charred.same thing with that guy from the three part lugia episodes(that oarange haired professer)

King Wulfharth
10th July 2007, 8:30 AM
that Drapion looked like its shiny form but maybe its just me.

Miltonic
10th July 2007, 8:40 AM
i would of liked that Gardevoir would of had more screen time other than in the beginning and end of the episode. this episode was great i hope J makes another appearance soon.

freedo
10th July 2007, 8:48 AM
Pretty good episode but what ever happened to that absol did they even free it?

-Starly-
10th July 2007, 9:46 AM
one dumb thing when the other part of the ship crashed.it exploded but the henchmen STILL survive.like come on!sould they at least look like they got charred.same thing with that guy from the three part lugia episodes(that oarange haired professer)
Gardevoir teleported everyone out of the hangar, including the henchmen.

P13
10th July 2007, 11:06 AM
Turns out I've been pronouncing Drapion wrong. I said it Dray-pion as in "You gonna get Drapioned!"

Yeah no ones gonna get that reference :(:redface:

Medea
10th July 2007, 12:38 PM
-I love it how James called her a wench and a hussy! Not too particular about the words, eh?
-Hunter J's voice was perfect and fit her!
-Thank the great good Lord for Gardevoir. Gardevoir got screwed during Hoenn with that B.S. Max/Ralts episode. But like someone said before, Gardevoir should have gotten a bit more screentime.
-It finally came to me last night. When they said Hunter J, I automatically thought of the very early Hoenn episode A Poached Ego. You would think that Team Rocket might remember a certain thing about Hunters. Or at least make a reference.

Wynaut?
10th July 2007, 1:26 PM
Gardevoir and Absol eh? One-third of my Emerald team :p

Great epsiode, full of action and cool to see a bunch of Hoenn Pokémon. The ending was good too, something different. 8/10

Ashy Boy
10th July 2007, 1:28 PM
What were the things that Hunter J said in the dub?

Soul Dew
10th July 2007, 4:18 PM
One of the best episodes. I like how the ending, despite the staple sunset, ended indifferently.

I think a great episode would be where a Pokemon dies.

scissorX
10th July 2007, 4:24 PM
Drapion was cool, and I really liked Golbats voice. It actually went really well with it's Supersonic.

J was ruthless, uncaring and plain evil. She makes a good villian, something the show has never had. Magma and Aqua had hearts, so does Giovanni, and don't get me started on TR; but J is just pure evil.

I really hope she appears soon, maybe if she helps Galactic find Azelf/Mespirit/Yuxie..

Geodude
10th July 2007, 5:28 PM
-I love it how James called her a wench and a hussy! Not too particular about the words, eh?
Speaking of which, I was a little surprised (in a good way) the word "deadly" was used in Drapion's Pokedex entry.

Anyone who thinks Pokemon episodes are all cheery and happy and friendly all the time should watch this one. Great episode, the gang has never faced that type of villain before.

Ashy Boy
10th July 2007, 9:18 PM
J was ruthless, uncaring and plain evil.
Worse than Paul? I doubt it very much

Korobooshi Kojiro
10th July 2007, 9:19 PM
Paul didn't steal people's Pokemon and sell them for money.

Ashy Boy
10th July 2007, 9:31 PM
Paul didn't steal people's Pokemon and sell them for money.

Actually, I was referring to the fact that Paul has no respect at all for Pokemon (especially his own)

AshfanGirl20
10th July 2007, 9:45 PM
I loved the episode, J is one heck of an awesome villain. The animation was great and I loved seeing Team Rocket and Ash work together. Ash was actually helping Team Rocket when they needed it.

Geodude
11th July 2007, 11:56 PM
Actually, I was referring to the fact that Paul has no respect at all for Pokemon (especially his own)

But he does respect people. He is polite to older people like Gym Leaders and Professor Rowan. J doesn't even care for her own henchmen, since she was willing to sacrifice their lives so she could get away.

Wiimote
12th July 2007, 1:27 AM
The Drapion reminds me of the PBR Drapion model... only in PBR it's 3-D.

And the Salamence reminds me of myself... easily manipulated. -.-

Inkan1969
12th July 2007, 3:54 AM

I've seen a lot of "Star Trek" show eps where female commanders are called "Sir". I bet in the real military it's all right for subservients to call their superiors "sir" whether or not they're male.

BTW: Is it J or Jay? Hmm, Jenny said they didn't know J's secret identity, but J frequently appeared without her mask on.

About Pokemon Hunters, what exactly is wrong with them? Now J was STEALING pokemon; that's wrong by itself. And that petrification method didn't look too humane. But if she weren't stealing, why would her selling pokemon be a bad thing? I'm imagining some rich guy hiring a good pokemon master for pay to catch a pokemon they want. I guess I could see trainors like Ash not liking that way of catching pokemon; too impersonal. But I'm not really sure how wrong that would be.

Geodude
12th July 2007, 1:25 PM
The episode made it pretty clear that there is a black market for Pokemon and that the people J deals with do not care where the Pokemon they buy come from.

Ashy Boy
12th July 2007, 5:36 PM
But he does respect people. He is polite to older people like Gym Leaders and Professor Rowan. J doesn't even care for her own henchmen, since she was willing to sacrifice their lives so she could get away.

That's not surprising, I've seen a lot of shows where main villains have no concerns for henchmen. So Hunter J is no different at being nasty.

BTW, the only thing more annoying than Hunter J was Jessie gloating about ruling in "the looks department". But I've heard worse from her.

Gravy
12th July 2007, 5:54 PM
How come all you ever talk about are characters you hate? I mean, you never make an attempt to say what you like about an episode, or what parts really stood out, or even comment on the characters you don't have any issues with. It's always some completely random question regarding whatever *****y comments Jessie made, or if Paul put down Ash in some way. Honestly, what's the deal? Are you compiling some sort of database listing all the mean things these guys have said or done in hopes of using them in some inane argument someday? It's as if you only watch the show to deliberately irritate yourself.

Korobooshi Kojiro
12th July 2007, 6:46 PM
I always thought they were the set-up for some hillarious joke that Ashy Boy never posted the punchline for.

Like "What did Jessie say when she blasted off?"

"That was a blast!"

Ashy Boy
12th July 2007, 10:53 PM
How come all you ever talk about are characters you hate? I mean, you never make an attempt to say what you like about an episode, or what parts really stood out, or even comment on the characters you don't have any issues with. It's always some completely random question regarding whatever *****y comments Jessie made, or if Paul put down Ash in some way. Honestly, what's the deal? Are you compiling some sort of database listing all the mean things these guys have said or done in hopes of using them in some inane argument someday? It's as if you only watch the show to deliberately irritate yourself.

Not that I don't understand what you're saying, but you're saying all this as if it's againist the rules.

Geodude
12th July 2007, 11:13 PM
That's clearly not the point.

Ashy Boy
13th July 2007, 11:27 AM
That's clearly not the point.

Then what's really the point. Because of what I'm told, I'm being forced to like Jessie and Paul.

Geodude
13th July 2007, 1:25 PM
Nobody's forcing you to like anyone, but there's no reason to criticize those characters every possible chance you get either.

Pearl's Perap
17th July 2007, 4:25 AM
Excellent episode in my eyes, shows a more sinister part of the pokémon world, hunting, introducing one of the best characters so far, J.

I just know she will make a return, we kind of found that out in the end when it ended quite...well...open-ended, really, with the gang just standing there and J making a swift getaway.

Gardevoir and Drapion made this episode win even more, Gardevoir for being one of my favourite pokémon from Hoenn who got little screentime in Hoenn itself, so it made a nice change and Drapion for just being plain cool and ruthless.

I look forward to the return of J and some more sinister episodes, bring 'em on!

9/10

Darkness Angel
17th July 2007, 6:34 AM
since J got away at the end of the eppy. I wonder if she will be returning in a future eppy of something?

npdargy312
18th July 2007, 9:45 AM
wasn't interested in watching this episode

Princess Reina
18th July 2007, 8:07 PM
since J got away at the end of the eppy. I wonder if she will be returning in a future eppy of something?

I hope she will return. She is so hot so she cant be ignored. I would like to take her.... or better I will keep my fantasies for myself^^

Shiny qwilfish of doom
23rd July 2007, 2:51 PM
she sould.so she can be pounded to justice!but in other words..probaly not anytime soon.maybe 517?

flyboy1308
9th August 2007, 2:18 AM
J will return! I can see it now. . .

penngrade6
31st August 2007, 8:22 PM
I like how Gardevoir makes a proper appearance in this episode. And I think J is one bad
*****. I think she's best villain in the series after Marauder.

Rebeccag
30th October 2007, 10:55 PM
J is a good new character i like her. Overall liked this episode ^_^

Draknir
30th October 2007, 10:58 PM
^Don't bump old Topics.
I personally didn't like this episode, nor did I hate it.

Rebeccag
30th October 2007, 11:05 PM
I havent seen this episode till today so i just want to comment on it. I live in the uk so i havent seen it

SpongeBoblover
7th November 2007, 3:55 AM
Hunter J is cool(Feel sorry for the Pokemon she Captured) she sould be the main evil person of the 11th pokemon movie.

bhrettzerda053
4th April 2008, 7:17 AM
This is a very good episode. This is where I think that Hunter J shows up for the first time. So she steals and hunts for Pokemon like Team Rocket does, to Ash's Pikachu. So J stole an Absol and a Gardevoir, and then managing to escape just after they were saved. Well, that's persistence when it comes to escaping from failed-out evil schemes!

(s.i.e)
18th July 2008, 8:04 PM
well it surprised me that even in the world of pokemon there are bounty hunters,
i'll give it a 7/10, the end was a bit dissapointing.

wobbanut
23rd August 2008, 9:53 PM
This was easily my favorite episode of season ten. For one thing, we get an interesting new villain in J. For another, we get a rare episode where Team Rocket and Team Twerp (or at least Ash and Team Rocket) work together without fighting. It was really nice to see Ash, James, and Jessie actually working together to stop J and save Meowth, Pikachu, and the other pokemon without getting in their usual arguments.

I also like Seviper randomly joining in the motto at the end, which was different.

Tadashi
8th November 2008, 10:58 AM
YES. YES. AND MORE YES.

Pokémon Hunter J is the best villain we've ever had. No ifs ands or buts about it. She has great contraptions, a ruthless attitude, and actually knows how to do her job.

So refreshing after all these years of senseless Team Rocket failures.

Bravo, Hunter J ^^ (Not that I'm unhappy that her plans got foiled or anything) but we need to see more of her! ^^

Torpoleon
15th November 2008, 12:27 AM
This is was a good episode,another bad guy at least this one is better.

milenadrg
15th March 2009, 4:08 PM
This was wery cool and episode, I was impressed. I really liked Hunter J's personality and the fact there are more dangerous badguys...

Littlemyuu
21st March 2009, 12:50 PM
Like this episode...and this bad person is way better than the others

S.Suikun
28th May 2009, 4:10 AM
On the eve of J's long-awaited fourth scheme, it's eerily good timing on my part to glance over the character's debut...

110 episodes later, and this is still a viable contender of Diamond & Pearl's greatest outing. In addition to featuring the series' first villain that lacks any form of sympathy for any other individual, it has everything you could possibly ask from this series in terms of character action and chemistry. The entire concept of Hunter J is new terriroty for this series, with past villains either having misconceptions of the world (Archie/Maxie), being menacing but getting caught (Sebastien/Nanba), or starting out menacing but becoming watered-down later on (Butch/Cassidy). But not J. She was a heartless, soulless demon-witch from the very beginning and has never let up since. Hunter J is the villain this series has long needed and is one of the reasons that Diamond & Pearl can actually claim itself treading new territory (unlike countless other BS reasons people give).

Aside from J, however, this episode has an excellent plot. It never stops and could have even been a two-parter, but as it stands, the whole dynamic with Ash and Team Rocket is done better here than any team-ups in the past. The bits with Meowth, while containing a bit of comedy, even hit an emotional note among all the desperation. And just to give the episode even more of an evil twist, having J escape while abandoning all her men and leaving them to die is just too awesome for words. I still believe that Gardevoir deserves some true redemption after Hoenn, but I'm glad they gave it some form of role here, however minor. The ending may be my favorite moment, with both the main gang and Team Rocket clenching their fists at how J remains on the loose. She has yet to disappoint, and as an introduction, this is about as excellent as this series ever gets.

A+

Shadow XD001
31st May 2009, 1:57 PM
I don't like J. Why steal peoples Pokemon for money?!? I wonder how she got her Pokemon......

Torpoleon
31st May 2009, 4:05 PM
I don't like J. Why steal peoples Pokemon for money?!? I wonder how she got her Pokemon......
No one likes J. She wants money so that is why she became a Pokemon Hunter. She probably found Drapion, Salamence and Ariados and caught them. Or maybe, if she ever was good when she was younfer, she probably had a Bagon, Skorupi and Spinarak that fully evolved and now she is evil.

Ash-kid
13th August 2009, 2:04 PM
J was very strong, it was an excellent episode, because Ash can't handled with J.

Willow's Tara
10th November 2009, 7:05 AM
This is a pretty good episode and J is a different kind of villian that's for sure. And she seems to be the only person of late actually impressed by a talking Meowth and decides to snatch it (You think others before her would want to as well).

Btw during the scene when Jenny is explaining about J and there's a room with Pokemon likw Ninetales and Teddisura in it, is that a Relicanth standing on its tail? (In the middle of Ninetales and Swampert)

I also liked when Ash and TR was working together to try and get out. Nice Gardevoir appearance and liked how it was able to connect with its trainer telepathically, they could make a good use of Gardevoir and its pokedex entry when it will risked its own life to save it's owner.

Lorde
17th November 2009, 4:15 AM
I was glad that we finally got a villian who could out-match Ash in battle. He always beats TR so him having trouble against Hunter J makes up for that. Hunter J really brought some fresh air into the series but I wish she'd appeared much earlier in some of the previous sagas; she would've been a great villain. 8/10 because Hunter J was awesome in her debut episode!

KGB13
16th January 2010, 9:59 PM
I was quite impressed that J just came out of nowhere and stole Gardevoir, Pikachu, and Meowth with little to no effort in less than 5 minutes. It wasn't a good thing but it was impressive. A lot of great pokemon made small appearances in this episode like Gardevoir, Salamence, Arcanine, and Swampert, although not under the best circumstances. J is great villain and made a great introduction. Good episode.

saar
8th July 2010, 11:44 AM
The first episode with Hunter J was exciting and amazing. It's like a new advanture and rivals.
Surely her pokemon, Salamence and Drapion were very strong..

Lance The Champ
2nd December 2010, 2:29 PM
Hunter J is the most fearsome rogue... Even more than Team Galactic

G50
27th April 2011, 7:24 AM
This episode was ok... It was cool to see a Salamance in this episode. It was odd to see how the capture machines work, the Pokemon get frozen in sand, can't move or talk. It's a very cruel way to capture and steal Pokemon. It was cool to see a Gardevoir again. It was interesting how Gardevoir telepathically told its trainer exactly where they were being held captive. It was cool to see that the ship could turn invisible.

40/100

OnceUponATime
22nd November 2011, 2:47 AM
I just wacthed this episode as I am going back through older episodes. I really like this episode. J is really strong and someone Ash actually can't beat. I liked everything. I liked how Kirlia could tell where they were taken and how Gardevoir could teleport them all out of the falling thing. I say 90/100