PDA

View Full Version : My Banette EX/Houndoom Deck

mila
26th February 2007, 6:42 AM
Hi, well first of all.. i'm from argentina and i'm not very good to speak english.. so, i dont want to write so much cuz i dont know what im writing xD..

My deck:

Pokemon:
4 Shuppet [Ascencion]
3 Bannete EX
1 Bannete [Safeguard for Mewtricks]
2 Houndour
2 Houndoom
2 Sableye [Excarvate / Disable]

Trainers:
1 Lass
1 Scientist
1 Adventurer
1 Farmer
2 Mentor
4 Transceiver
1 Holon Legacy
2 Great ball
2 Battle frontier
2 Crystal beach
3 Scott
4 TV Reporter
3 Prof. Elm training method
4 ER 2

Energy:
5 Fire
6 Psy
4 Rainbow

And, sorry for my english xD, i hope you understand me.

Nicole May
27th February 2007, 12:00 PM
May I suggest adding more Licktung in the deck? It seems that one card of that is not enough. I don't see the point of having more Transceivers when you already have 3 Scott in your deck. You only use Holon Transceiver when majority of your Supporter Cards have "Holon" in its name. Seeing that you only have 3 Holon Supporters, I don't see the point. And you might end up not getting any Basic Pokemon most of the time when you draw your first 7 cards. And I noticed that the deck has somehow excess cards too. Otherwise, I somehow see the good concept of the deck. It's the number of cards that I worry about.

mila
28th February 2007, 3:28 AM
deck updated.

LEWIS
16th March 2007, 9:53 PM
Hm... I see that Banette ex's HP are just too low... you'll end up dead quickly if you add too many... also, your number of POKéMON is horrible... if you want that number of exs, add some with 150 HP (like Flygon ex Dragon Frontiers and some Rare Candies). Reduce the number of Banette ex to 1, the Safeguard Banette is fine, and reducing the number of trainers is also a very good idea. Add some stage 2 and Rare Candies for power, and some balance, too...

Esperante
21st March 2007, 1:40 AM
Hm... I see that Banette ex's HP are just too low... you'll end up dead quickly if you add too many... also, your number of POKéMON is horrible... if you want that number of exs, add some with 150 HP (like Flygon ex Dragon Frontiers and some Rare Candies). Reduce the number of Banette ex to 1, the Safeguard Banette is fine, and reducing the number of trainers is also a very good idea. Add some stage 2 and Rare Candies for power, and some balance, too...
Unless you enjoy losing, that isn't very good advice.

You need more holon supporters over tv reporters, so you have more to transceiver for. Also, sableyes aren't at all needed, they just take up a bench slot. I'd put in 1 or 2 holon's electrode and 1 holon's voltorb, mentorable/elmable energy is always nice.

LEWIS
21st March 2007, 6:44 PM
Hmph... you really believe that just switching some trainers with others will do the trick? You cannot have trainers help if you have no POKéMON to attack! Some say that trainers are the key... what for if you can't attack enough? Believe me - and I've tested MANY proto decks - that WON'T do...

Emeralda
21st March 2007, 8:16 PM
Yeah, eight basics just isn't enough. The loads of supporters are good for Banette ex admittedly, but 3 Banettes? That's 6 prizes already, and when you've got nothing to retreat for...

Take out a Banette ex for a Banette (safeguard) and fit 2 Lickitungs in there somewhere, that's what I'd do anyway.

Esperante
22nd March 2007, 4:07 PM
Hmph... you really believe that just switching some trainers with others will do the trick? You cannot have trainers help if you have no POKéMON to attack! Some say that trainers are the key... what for if you can't attack enough? Believe me - and I've tested MANY proto decks - that WON'T do...

I can tell you've never played with bandoom before, and thus, you obviously don't know how it works. The entire point of houndoom is to have less pokemon in play than your opponent. That means you ideally want 1 houndoom and 1 banette/ex. When your banette dies, you have plenty of trainer cards to get out a new one fairly quickly, because its attack only requires 2 energies.

Try entering a major tournament with a deck that plays flygon ex and 1 banette, and see how you do.