PDA

View Full Version : out of many, one greeting, with a few curiosities

questionsleep
28th February 2007, 8:06 AM
Now, I'm really not sure at all about this just saying "hi" post. I don't know how long I should make it. So I guess as a question, how much do people usually tolerate, just in any forum here at Serebii.net in general?
I know that, if I were a regular member at any forum, I probly wouldn't care too much about the new folks' section.

Anyway, A STAR SHINES ON THE HOUR OF OUR MEETING
Hiya ^_^ I think it'd be pointless to give my name, as my username is what I may endup being known by. But my real-life flesh machine is titled TJ.
I've been into Pokemon since Nintendo Power first introduced it, which I think was way back in 1998, before they released Red and Blue in September ('98). I've pretty much been in love since.

I have the most knowledge in R/B/Y and G/S/C. I did not like the changes in Ruby/Sapphire/Emerald, only playing about 60 hours in Sapphire alone, so I don't know as much about them. The Pokemon designs changed a lot... and the game mechanics as well. I believe I read that, for R/S/E, the art director changed, or something. I'd like some clarification on this.

I like to think I have an above average appreciation for Pokemon. Mostly I concern myself with the games, but I also enjoy the first few seasons of the Pokemon anime. I also own and enjoy the Dengeki Pikachu manga (Electric Tale of Pikachu). I have around 2000 cards, and stopped collecting, again, around when Ruby/Sapphire came out. It seems like a lot changed when Ruby/Sapphire came out.

I only recently (within the last year) heard about IVs and EVs and all the special bits in the new games, so I hope to incorporate this new information into my future training.

Annd... I own some neato handhelds. My most recent purchase is this DSlite:
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v317/questionsleep/Pokemon/poke02oa9.jpg
Anyone recognise this piece of electric sex? They're sold out at online stores, and probly going for a lot on eBay.
I also have a Pokemon Center G/S GBC, and a Pokemon Center Suikun Blue GBA.

Currently I'm playing Leaf Green and just started Emerald.
I was playing Silver until I realised my efforts would not be transferrable to D/P. So, I began work on LG and Emerald, so I could transfer Pokemon to D/P when they come out.

Oh, and another question: How many people here know the Japanese names for everything? I don't like the English names much... so I tend to use the Japanese names. Cities, people, and Pokemon alike.

heh. I guess that's all I have for now. I look forward to forumming with you all ^_^

Jalen
28th February 2007, 10:59 AM
Heh, sounds like you'll fit in well here.
Just read the rules and have some fun!
i'll be around the Misc and General forums mostly

Pokepal
1st March 2007, 1:38 AM
Seems like you'll fit in!:)
Welcome!

wynnyelle
1st March 2007, 6:45 AM
hey cool post there. Welcome to the site ^_^ I've been into pokemon too since like 1999 and I think you're right about the art direction changing. I do like a lot of the new DP pokemon though.

Icosahedron
1st March 2007, 8:28 AM
People usually tolerate shorter posts, and will not bother to read through the whole post; however, longer posts sometimes elicit replies from those in this forum who don't just go about greeting every newbie they see with a few words of acknowledgment.

I haven't been to enough forums to be able to accurately judge how people in general respond to various lengths of introductory posts.

Anyways; welcome to Serebiiforums, questionsleep. I do hope you will enjoy yourself here. Be sure to always abide by the rules, and you'll have no trouble making friends and whatnot, if that is what you aim to eventually do.

Oh: If you want to find people that you share something in common with, in particular a hobby or affinity, join an appropriate club. Oh, and above all, again; have fun.

questionsleep
2nd March 2007, 9:16 AM
hey cool post there. Welcome to the site ^_^ I've been into pokemon too since like 1999 and I think you're right about the art direction changing. I do like a lot of the new DP pokemon though.

Thank you and,
I looked up the credits for the games on GameFaws and found this:

For R/B:
Director Satoshi Tajiri
Game Design Satoshi Tajiri

G/S:
Director Satoshi Tajiri
Sub Director Junichi Masuda
Game Design Koji Nishino

R/S:
Director Junichi Masuda

(R/S lists many game designers, Junichi Masuda and Koji Nishino among them.)

Rena Yoshikawa, Shigeki Morimoto, Motofumi Fujiwara, Atsuko Nishidais, all from R/B, are in each game's credits as monster designers. But there are new monster designers in both G/S and R/S.
Ken Sugimori remains art director through all.

So it seems the director changed, on Ruby and Sapphire. This doesn't tell me for sure the reason for the big change, but this may be why.

To me, Gold and Silver are perfectly acceptable games and monsters. But I didn't like a lot of the designs of the Pokemon in R/S. And I'm not satisfied with the few monsters I've seen from D/P, either.

I should make a topic about this, somewhere ^^; . But where?

questionsleep
2nd March 2007, 9:25 AM
People usually tolerate shorter posts, and will not bother to read through the whole post; however, longer posts sometimes elicit replies from those in this forum who don't just go about greeting every newbie they see with a few words of acknowledgment.

I haven't been to enough forums to be able to accurately judge how people in general respond to various lengths of introductory posts.

Anyways; welcome to Serebiiforums, questionsleep. I do hope you will enjoy yourself here. Be sure to always abide by the rules, and you'll have no trouble making friends and whatnot, if that is what you aim to eventually do.

Oh: If you want to find people that you share something in common with, in particular a hobby or affinity, join an appropriate club. Oh, and above all, again; have fun.

Your reply made me happy, Icosahedron ^_^ It was intelligent and well though-out.

Thank you for answering my queries! I shall keep them in mind, now.

longer posts sometimes elicit replies from those in this forum who don't just go about greeting every newbie they see with a few words of acknowledgment.
That's you =P

And thank you also for the welcome. Rules shouldn't be a problem. I'm not terribly disagreeable in any front. I sure hope to make friends!

Thanks for the suggestion with the clubs, I shall certainly look into such! I hope to find Jrock and LotR among other things.

Fun shall be had, droog

*hug* ^_^