PDA

View Full Version : Ya See We Want an Evolution! (489)

Serebii
2nd March 2007, 3:21 PM
http://www.serebii.net/anime/NextOn/489.jpgYa See We Want an Evolution!

On their travels, Ash & Co find a group who are dedicated to keeping their Pokémon at their base stage, the "B-Button" gang. Training Magikarp & Feebas for Battles & Contests, they manage to tap the fish's power. However, Team Rocket have their eyes on these abnormally strong Fish. Can Ash & Co. Protect them?

Visit The Episode Guide (http://www.serebii.net/anime/epiguide/shinou/489.shtml)

Discuss

MechaBulba
2nd March 2007, 3:45 PM
Just saw the episode Pictures. Cheers!

I have three questions however...
1. Did Magikarp only use Taqckle or did it also use Fail.
2. Apart from an ice beam at the end what did feedas do?
3. Even though Ash has seen hundreds of them why did he still need 2 check out Magikarp on his pokedex?

S.Suikun
2nd March 2007, 4:08 PM
Eh...kinda expected this episode to be funnier. Still decent for the first completely meaningless filler of Sinnoh.

First things first - The animation was completely full of win. It may very well oust the Battle Dome as the best-looking Iwane episode ever. The Magikarp Salesman also wins again.

For the record, the Pikachu vs. Magikarp match never actually finished, as the match was called to a close after both Pokemon got tired.

Several game references beyond the whole B-button thing. You also had Meowth's Wiimote (most shameless plug ever), and I believe the intervewers that stopped Ash and Co right when they entered Kotobuki actually do appear in the DP games in Kotobuki (they're basically the DP equivalent of Gabby and Ty).

Hero of legend
2nd March 2007, 5:01 PM
Have you guys seen this yet?!?

http://img150.imageshack.us/img150/2382/wiimoteti8.png

Edi: Beaten...

b3an0b0y
2nd March 2007, 5:15 PM
Just saw the episode Pictures. Cheers!

I have three questions however...
1. Did Magikarp only use Taqckle or did it also use Fail.
2. Apart from an ice beam at the end what did feedas do?
3. Even though Ash has seen hundreds of them why did he still need 2 check out Magikarp on his pokedex?

Lol i like no.3.....

Pika Hikari KT
2nd March 2007, 5:47 PM
-If it weren't for Magikarp Salesman, this would've been the first total filler of Sinnoh. Poor TR gets duped once again, but I guess we should've expected that(even worse, Magikarp guy added some unbelieveably tiny print in the manual which I think was a note basically saying FU to the consumer, it's a trap, all your money are belong to me, etc.).:(

-I think Magikarp used Flail to escape the cage. Considering how low in health it probably was at the time, it'd make sense.

-LOL, Wiimote.XD

-Even though Ash has seen several Karp in his journeys, this is the first time it's been Dexed(Feebas too, but it's a 3rd-gen Pokémon). Shocking, ne?

Lucario At Service
2nd March 2007, 6:07 PM
Hey is the name 'B-Button Alliance' related in some way to the games were we use the B-Button to cancel the evolution of a Pokemon.

pochama_blue
2nd March 2007, 6:11 PM
Hey is the name 'B-Button Alliance' related in some way to the games were we use the B-Button to cancel the evolution of a Pokemon.

Yeah seeing as they dont evolve their pokemon
lol a game refrence in the anime, makes you wonder whos playing

AshfanGirl20
2nd March 2007, 8:13 PM
This was the oddest episode of D/P ever. The battle between Pikachu and Magicarp was weird LOL. The animation was great and the cage bit was cool. And I think the reason Ash scanned the magicarp was becuase he hasn't seen one in a while, the last time I belive he saw one was in season one of Pokemon when it evolved, but did James mention that insadent, you'd think he would have been ticked at seeing that thing LOL.

Gravy
2nd March 2007, 8:36 PM
This episode was absolute bull crap, because there wasn't enough ~:']DRAMA[':~ and Magikarp was just too red.

Also, Jessie was too stuck up.

Dax
2nd March 2007, 9:40 PM
Best part: Croakung hitting Brock in his butt...

RageKaiser
2nd March 2007, 9:47 PM
Speaking of, What did Hikari say to Croagunk to make him go all "O.O"

Korobooshi Kojiro
2nd March 2007, 9:50 PM
Dude, this episode is even better watching it. XD

The animation is fluid, and has tons of funny face-faults and little things that overall made it great. Iwane, I want to have your children.

Also, Meowth literally says "Wii!" when he pushes the Wii Remote!

And, the B Button Alliance mistakes Team Rocket for the R Button Alliance after they reveal their normal outfits. XD

Definately a funny episode, up there with Piplup Hang's On and Claydol Big and Tall.

This episode was absolute bull crap, because there wasn't enough ~:']DRAMA[':~ and Magikarp was just too red.

Also, Jessie was too stuck up.
I want to have your children too!

Maestro Kinético
2nd March 2007, 9:50 PM
As I said before, nothing happens in this episode and it doesn't have any quality content. Brocks scenes have crossed the line, that's gross.

S.Suikun
2nd March 2007, 9:51 PM
Best part: Croakung hitting Brock in his butt...
I swore he socked him in the crotch later on in the episode.

I also laughed at TR being mistaken for the R-Button Alliance after they took off their disguises, showing their R's.

Korobooshi Kojiro
2nd March 2007, 9:53 PM
Brocks scenes have crossed the line, that's gross.

Oh for the love of Jesus H. Christ!!!

Thank god you don't write the show, as each episode would be a boring snoozefest of Degrassi-like drama.

And "crossed the line" :P.

http://www.serebii.net/anime/pictures/indigo/018/083.jpeg

This is far more "crossing the line" then a frog jabbing someone's behind

doesn't have any quality content
Yes. It did. In fact, it had tons of quality. The animation being one of them.

The Benmeister
2nd March 2007, 10:36 PM
Heh, what an odd episode. It was great when the massive robot thing just fell apart after all the fuss of it being built.

It was so very predictable, however.

Dax
2nd March 2007, 10:38 PM
As I said before, nothing happens in this episode and it doesn't have any quality content. Brocks scenes have crossed the line, that's gross.

How is that crossing the line? It wasn't offensive,it was not controversial, it was not disrespectful. It was funny and entertaining and that's not crossing the line. And the episode is very high quality. Look at the faces, colors and drawings, it was awesome in so many ways. Pokemon can't be a soap opera...

Weav-vile
2nd March 2007, 10:44 PM
Great and sweet episode!

I was amazed by its great animation and plot. We seriously need more fillers like this one! ^^

Now I gotta list the points I liked the most on it.

- Right to the beginning we have a surprise: Team Rocket does the introduction of the title, and the episode itself begins with them!

- Seconds later, a Magikarp comes flying from nowhere to James and... guess who's back? Yeah, the good old Magikarp salesman! My, he's always funny as hell, and I hope he appears again as soon as he can! =P

- The Shinka Machine! That was geniously awesome, and that robot was gorgeous. Too bad it didn't last much. ;~
It was great to watch Team Rocket trying to evolve Feebas, Magikarp and Pikachu, but failing over and over. :-)

- Great scenes where they were remembering things (James) and thinking about them (Jessie and the salesman). Beautiful.

- Gregguru! My God, it didn't appear in the last two episodes, but in this one it did -- and a lotta times! \o/
And, My God again, it was insanely crazy, out of control and, of course, funnier than never! When it first poisoned Brock, it laughed a lot... me too, along with it XD I was totally amused by its new 'kkkkk'! But the best part came when it poisoned Brock on the but. Aw, no, wait! It appeared one more time, poisoning Brock by mistake! Then Hikari tells it that this time it wasn't necessary and the thing goes all depressed and, later, while everybody's running after TR, it runs carrying Brock.
Gregguru is one of the best things that happened to Pokémon in the D/P saga, and I mean it.

- Pochama! Finally another battle (even though it was fast, it was worth seeing) with it... Hope it appears again in a battle as soon as it can!

- C BUTTON ALLIANCE! Even their glasses had a C on it... gosh! And I did notice the part when the girl saw the 'R' on their shirts and thought they were part of a 'R Button Alliance' instead of a 'C Button' one, only to make Jessie get crazy as hell! >D

- Meowth with the Wii Mote saying "Weeeee" as it was pushing its button was a win!

I just was hoping that the B Button Alliance was formed by much more people, not only the two girls (maybe it is and they just didn't appear)... but it's OK still...

Definately one of the funniest episodes ever. ;-P

- Nozomi

Korobooshi Kojiro
2nd March 2007, 10:50 PM
Random Little Fact: Sound familliar? In Japan, the Magikarp Man is done by the same seiryuu that does Professor Oak, and is almost identical.

So, it was kinda odd in that one Hoso when he appears right before Oak does. XD

EDIT: I want a C-Button Shirt and Glasses. Those are teh sex.

Dax
2nd March 2007, 10:51 PM
Can they use Mukkubird for something else? Searching again? It's getting annoying.

Korobooshi Kojiro
2nd March 2007, 10:55 PM
Yeah...hey, but its already done more then Pidgeotto did.

Hopefully it battles in the Grass Gym (likely) and beats Roserade.

Dax
2nd March 2007, 10:59 PM
But it only gets a 2 second screentime. He's awesome but it's getting boring.

The Benmeister
2nd March 2007, 11:00 PM
I'm sure we'd rather have it doing something than nothing at all. How else would they have found TR in the shack?

Gravy
2nd March 2007, 11:01 PM
How else would they have found TR in the shack?
Punt Turtwig and run to the area where it landed?

Korobooshi Kojiro
2nd March 2007, 11:02 PM
Go to the Select Button Alliance so they could use their map feature that was set to it?

*zing*

Weav-vile
3rd March 2007, 12:59 AM
LOL at the 'Select Button Alliance' idea! XD

Hey, does anybody knows what did the Magikarp salesman say when he came back running to Team Rocket? What about Hikari's talking with Gregguru?

- Nozomi

Geodude
3rd March 2007, 1:02 AM
Please note as well that the tie between Pikachu and Magikarp was NOT the usual kind of tie we see in the anime in which both Pokemon are KOed at the same time. In this tie, both trainers agreed to stop the battle. That's a whole different story.

When Gregguru had that weird reaction, Hikari had pointed out that Brock wasn't flirting that time so it didn't have to hit him.

Dax
3rd March 2007, 1:03 AM
Croagunk hit Brock for no reason and she told him...hilarious!

Hoenn Warrior
3rd March 2007, 1:17 AM
Nice episodes just by viewing the screens. Meowth using a Wiimote. I was laughing a bit when I saw it.

Weav-vile
3rd March 2007, 1:31 AM
Please note as well that the tie between Pikachu and Magikarp was NOT the usual kind of tie we see in the anime in which both Pokemon are KOed at the same time. In this tie, both trainers agreed to stop the battle. That's a whole different story.

Truth... Ash even sit down and agreed with the lady.

When Gregguru had that weird reaction, Hikari had pointed out that Brock wasn't flirting that time so it didn't have to hit him.

Thank you. ^_^

- Nozomi

RageKaiser
3rd March 2007, 6:13 AM
Did Hikari say that she wasn't gonna evolve Piplup?
Cause thats what it sounded like to me

R_N
3rd March 2007, 7:15 AM
Well, I'll just comment from the pics till I can actually see the epi.

-Looks like some more sweet Groagunk action. Bet it'll be in 7 sigs by the end of tomorrow.

-B-Button FTW

-WIIIIIIiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiIII IIIIIIII. Most. Shameless. Plug. Ev-eh.

-Hrm, I'll bite my hat if this:

http://i67.photobucket.com/albums/h316/snowyarticuno/Gyrazilla.png

Isn't a reference to Godzilla. POssibly the origianl to be exact.

Cobalt_Latios
3rd March 2007, 7:26 AM

Best scene ever. That and the fact that i noticed that Croagunk also laughs every time he does it. Makes it better i find.

Also, for when meowth uses the "Wii-mote", i remember somewhere that Wii in japanese means yes, so im not sure how it would have been used in that context. That and the fact that my japanese in incredibly limited. Like to only about 10 words, less than that even.

Also, before this episode, i made a caption in the caption thread to go with Meowth using the Wiimote, and that he pushes the button and the machine explodes. Well, for a minute there, it looked like it actually did happen.

Also, i like the pun they did for the pentagon; the hexagon.

Okay, how the hell did Team Rocket wind up with a transformer like robot, from a microchip and a manual???

~C_L~

Ashy Boy
3rd March 2007, 1:50 PM
Croagnuk really knows how to humilate Brock and has no shame about it. Also, I'm not surprised that Team Rocket were once again conned by the Magikarp Salesman

nap*
3rd March 2007, 4:34 PM
Jhoto music: gym leader music/ or elite 4, can't remeber
More hints of Jhoto making it's comeback.

Anyway this filler wasn't too bad, TR stupidity was shown at it's best

manaphy4ever
3rd March 2007, 4:39 PM
Have you guys seen this yet?!?

http://img150.imageshack.us/img150/2382/wiimoteti8.png

Edi: Beaten...

yeah i see it the epsiode haha nice wii mote

~*Mudkip Fantastic*~
3rd March 2007, 10:31 PM
i remember somewhere that Wii in japanese means yes
You are thinking about French. Yes in Japanese is 'hi'.

But anyway this was a sevierly dissapointing episode. I was hoping the B-Button allience was going to be some super secret group. But NOOOO. It is just two girls with a swimming pool. And the bad animation made everything worse. The only decent bits were Gregguru stabbing Brock for no apparent reason and the following chase with Gregguru dragging 'Paper Brock!'.

IMO the first really bad episode(Although I haven't seen the Naetoru ep and people say that it was rubbish). This is a sign of bad things to come.

Korobooshi Kojiro
3rd March 2007, 10:35 PM
And the bad animation made everything worse
Are you kidding?????!!!

If this is "bad animation", I don't wanna know what next week's is!

the legend master
3rd March 2007, 10:36 PM
yaaaaaaaaaaay!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! a strong magikarp!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
meowth's remote looks like a wii-mote

Dax
3rd March 2007, 11:27 PM
Are you kidding?????!!!

If this is "bad animation", I don't wanna know what next week's is!

QFT! The animation was one of the things that made this episode great.

S.Suikun
3rd March 2007, 11:31 PM
And the bad animation made everything worse.
BAHAHAHAHA! I'd humilate you further if it weren't for the fact that you normally otherwise post intelligent and respectful stuff.

CyberCubed
4th March 2007, 6:46 AM
Saw this, and it was pretty funny and had neat battles, so an overall above-average filler.

I laughed a bunch of times at the end of the episode when TR's machine kept malfunctioning, sending Pikachu and Magikarp out, as well as forming into the giant mecha only to blow up. Man, they can never catch a break with the Magikarp Salesman, can they?

I did like the battles against Magikarp, it was much more interesting because of the animation. Pochama got owned badly.

Greggle jabbing Brock for no reason at all = LOL! Greggle jabbing Brock alone makes up for him staying in D/P...almost.

Nice episode, but I wish Feebas got more screentime after how little it got back in Hoenn. I was awfully surprised the two didn't evolve at the end, I really thought that was going to happen when the episode title was first revealed.

Nice fun episode that keeping with D/P tradition...doesn't introduce any new Pokemon, ( :rolleyes: ) but otherwise well worth my 22 minutes.

Let's hope that Bippa one is just as good.

Ludi-Kero!
4th March 2007, 7:08 AM
After seeing this episode, I can say this was a pretty good filler.

The animation was very good, it gave the episode a nice touch, imo.

A little bit disappointed because Feebas only threw an Ice Beam and.... uh... swam. Magikarp was good. Pikachu's battle was like rushed or something. But it was a nice battle. With this, I think Piplup will suffer like Torchic and become a good battler until it evolves.

Croagunk & Team Rocket were awesome in this episode. The "critical" hits Craogunk scored against Brock were very funny. Jessie at the end was wonderful. Shouting like nobody, she is good.

C Button Alliance glasses, Magikarps vs. Face hits and "R Button Alliance" added more good moments.

S.Suikun
4th March 2007, 7:10 AM
What I want to know is what exactly made this the "Most Beautiful Feebas". It didn't do a lot, much less show off any beauty.

Mythic Mist
4th March 2007, 7:59 AM
I was hoping the Feebass would be all stuck up and where a tiara...:(

TeddiUrsa
4th March 2007, 8:30 AM
BAHAHAHAHA! I'd humilate you further if it weren't for the fact that you normally otherwise post intelligent and respectful stuff.

Sure, but I can´t be the only one thinking that Hikari looked a bit off in some scenes, am I? ( like here: http://www.filb.de/content/anime/dp021/224.jpg )

Besides that the animation, especially the wacky faces and the fluid animations were awesome..hey, it was Iwane.

Gravy
4th March 2007, 1:58 PM
I think the episode relied a tad too much on short-but-sweet gags, which in a way, left it feeling a little empty. Inbetween Croagunk stabbing Brock in the *** and family jewels and a couple of Team Rocket scenes, there really wasn't much to it. Though that's not to say I didn't find it enjoyable, because I did. Case in point, I was actually laughing at the Brock scenes. And I mean LAUGHING. Not laughing on the inside, and not chucking for a few brief moments. Full on laughter.
I kinda wish we'd seen a slightly longer Magikarp battle too, because what we did get to see was actually really cool. I expected Pika vs. Koi to be much more epic (for lack of a better word), but it kind of just started and ended in the blink of an eye.

Also, Feebas has an incredibly freaky voice.

What I want to know is what exactly made this the "Most Beautiful Feebas". It didn't do a lot, much less show off any beauty.
Dude, are you blind? Today's Feebas clearly had 2% less wrinkles than an average Feebas, and a distinct lack of crow's feet!

CyberCubed
4th March 2007, 9:35 PM
Sure, but I can´t be the only one thinking that Hikari looked a bit off in some scenes, am I? ( like here: http://www.filb.de/content/anime/dp021/224.jpg )

Besides that the animation, especially the wacky faces and the fluid animations were awesome..hey, it was Iwane.

All I noticed was how Hikari's skirt flew up to the side when she asked the B button girls to battle with her. Jesus.

uber gon
5th March 2007, 4:02 AM
How is that crossing the line? It wasn't offensive,it was not controversial, it was not disrespectful. It was funny and entertaining and that's not crossing the line. And the episode is very high quality. Look at the faces, colors and drawings, it was awesome in so many ways. Pokemon can't be a soap opera...

Yeah, the fact that Golduck in the Orange Island Ep. had more controversy. I mean, flippin' someone off in the animé? That's pretty hardcore.

Also, we've seen strong Magikarp before, but how in the name of Arsueus was that Feebas "beautiful?"

Korobooshi Kojiro
5th March 2007, 4:03 AM
I remember hearing Kappa's flip people off...but I think Golduck was merely coincidental. Meowth also occasionaly "gives poiple da boid".

-Starly-
5th March 2007, 4:10 AM
The robot was secks on legs.

This has got to be one of the most well-animated episode ever. I love all the references showcased during the show.

CoolTrainerTerry
5th March 2007, 5:34 PM
Well, I can't really discuss this since I have no idea what they were saying, but, I'll try my best.
*Magikarp Salesman! Still able to trick Team Rocket.
*Team Rocket as the C-Button Gang, they even had C-glasses.
*Croagunk's evil laugh as it slowly dragged a poisoned Brock across the screen.
*Croagunk poisoning Brock for no reason.
*Wiimote! Yay, for subliminal messages.
*The machine kept spitting Magikarp and Pikachu out.
*The transformer blew up, by itself.

uber gon
5th March 2007, 9:56 PM
I remember hearing Kappa's flip people off...but I think Golduck was merely coincidental. Meowth also occasionaly "gives poiple da boid".

Meh, I'd still like to know what made Feebas so "beautiful?"

R_N
6th March 2007, 11:06 PM
Finally saw this, 7 its great!
Magikarp salesman always makes me smile. MAGIARDOKEN!
I wish the two reporters were actually Gabby & Ty. WOuld have been a nice little Game Touch, you know?
Hey, a Feebass!
C-button out fit shall be mine!
Pochama got owned by a Magikarp. That has to be humiliating to both the pokemon & the trainer.
Pika also almost got owned by Magikarp. Nice.
That little Gyrdaos picture, it just HAS to be a Godzilla reference. That's my sotry & I am sticking to IT!
Heh, I guess Groagunk got a little Poison Stab happy. He already did it twice earlier, adn the 3rd must have just been habit. Then gets told so non-chalantly(correct choice of word?) by Hikari was a nice touch.
Chase music FTW! What is that song called again? I want to say Ride of the Valkeries, but I know it isn't.
Ah, poor Feebass. Just swam, jumps a couple times, then just gets shoved aside for Magiakarp. Least it used an Ice Beam
Heh, Wiimote.
Sooo....is that machine an evovler? She said soemhting about Gyrados, and Magikarp didn't work at all. Twas funny.
hm, reading the manual while holding the Wiimote. Obviously subliminal messaging for saftey while using the controller.
Gundam Transforemer was nice. It go boom all on its own.
Great Animation.

Cor
10th March 2007, 4:24 AM
Wow it just came to me...

B-button stops evos.

Great Episode.

Edit: What are the names of the B-Buttoners.

Avegaille
28th March 2007, 11:33 AM
Edit: What are the names of the B-Buttoners.

Otone and Hatune. Otone's the smaller girl who reminds me of Sarina, basically... 8D

Speaking of which I loved this episode, the animation is great and so are the filler characters. I couldn't ask for more, and this is basically the first episode in D/P that I actually adore... The way Brock is being stopped when he flirts Hatune makes me laugh... XD Otone's naive look makes it up for me to actually like this episode...

Leona
28th March 2007, 11:56 AM
whoa o_o lol imagine that, a Magikarp owning a Pikahu.

Avegaille
28th March 2007, 12:00 PM
I know, it's kinda weird, but cool at the same time and btw, the other girl's name is Hashine, not Hatune... My bad... DX *types in katakana*

EDIT: Katakana doesn't work here... =/

And EDIT again after so many months: And guess what? It's neither of the two. It's Hatsune... 8D

Anyways, I've seen the episode for real this time, I adore Otone's voice... and yes, lot of funny scenes indeed... 8D I can't wait for July 09 to see what the US will do to the episode... D= Hopefully they give Otone a decent English name...

WaterDragon trainer
11th July 2007, 2:24 AM
This episode was pretty good. It was funny and cool to see the Magikarp Salesman again. It was funny when Brock flirted with 2 girls this time as well as Crogunk’s dragging off Brock the first 2 times. I found it amusing how TR planned to steal a Magikarp for Giovanni. It was hilarious when everyone ran after TR followed by Croagunk running and dragging Brock. It’s amazing how TR AND the Magikarp salesman had possession of a giant mecha, but it crumbling surprised me just a little.

Horn Drill
11th July 2007, 2:36 AM
That was a good episode. The Magikarp Salesman/Nacho Libre guy is always good for a laugh, and Meowth using a Wiimote to control the evolution machine made me crack up. The Salesman's story about the bankrupt company was also funny, as was Croagunk. A guest appearance by Megatron was also nice.

Hitaka
11th July 2007, 2:36 AM
I'm glad to see the return of the Magikarp salesman guy, and am less that surprised Team Rocket fell for his sales pitch and bought something defective again. The "World's strongest Magikarp" is like someone winning the special olympics. They're still a retard. Of course losing to a Magikarp of any kind is just sad, so once again Dawn fails.

Croagunk grabbed Brock's butt... then punched him in the crotch. That thing is way too creepy.

Also, the remote control for the evolution machine looks just like a Wiimote. I found this funny.

Pika Hikari KT
11th July 2007, 2:51 AM
-Wow, pretty long piece played when TR tried evolving Magikarp and Pikachu. So epic~ Another new piece played when Feebas and Magikarp were dexed; at least not one I've heard in the dub.

-Official PUSA debut of Magikarp Salesman! Doesn't sound half bad...the accent sounds a bit forced.:(

-Wii! They kept the thinly veiled blatant product advertisement!:D

-Being a penguin, it's not surprising how fast Piplup is in the water. Too bad Dawn likely won't have many underwater battles, if at all.

-Feebas barely got a chance to shine, just that fairly pretty Ice Beam. Its trainer should enter a contest in the future so the fishy can show why it's so beautiful.:)

Korobooshi Kojiro
11th July 2007, 2:54 AM
Victory starts with B? I sense a badly translated joke.

And PUSA had some good guitar riffs in this episode.

mario_fan
11th July 2007, 3:00 AM

exacly what i was ganna say also if the feebas was good at contes it need max beuty too evolve i dont think the feebas has a choise of not evolving or

Super Gullwing
11th July 2007, 3:02 AM
Megatron! =O Meowth had a Wii remote!

That Magikarp Salesman is everywhere. Kanto, Johto, Hoenn, and now in the middle of no where in Sinnoh. His voice was good. I can't really remember his old 4kids voice though. Pika Hikari KT is right, his accent does sound like it's forced. [So does James' voice... XP]
Croakgunk is nasty! ... And he's got a weird laugh. First in this ep, it was like "Cro-hehehehehehee," and then it was like "crohohohoho."

If I were to rate... maybe 7/10. I like seeing a strong magikarp. I don't like th whole 'Magikarp is a peice of crap' thing. ^^; And again talking about Pikachu evolving... when will it happen? x_x

Pika Hikari KT
11th July 2007, 3:05 AM
Victory starts with B? I sense a badly translated joke.
Yeah, I didn't quite get it until I read this. V and B are interchangable in Japanese, and Musashi was using a lot of short spurts of Engrish since Croagunk's debut...

Speaking of Croagunk, that chuckle of his when he stabbed Brock again was done beautifully in the dub.:D

And again talking about Pikachu evolving... when will it happen? x_x
Someone needs to watch Electric Shock Showdown again. Pikachu CHOSE not to evolve.

King Wulfharth
11th July 2007, 6:31 AM
it was an overall good episode Croagunk's the best!

Geodude
11th July 2007, 1:02 PM
I don't think it was actually clear that the machine was defective. The salesman did tell them that once they build it, to wait a week before using it, but of course they forgot all about that until Meowth found that disclaimer in the manual. Even then they didn't remember that they had been told that already.

Pika Hikari KT
11th July 2007, 1:24 PM
Wow, the Salesman telling the truth? I thought that he told them to wait a week so he'd have enough time to get halfway across Sinnoh.:p

Reign G
11th July 2007, 1:32 PM
YAY! First DP appearcne of the Magikarp Salesman, and first time hearing his PUSA voice!...And it ain't too good! Meh, I'll get used to it.

Heh, the Wiimote controlled the Evolution machine. I liked Meowth's line: "Time to hit the remote...Wee~!" Sounded like he was advertising the Wii, but just was exclaiming. Dodged a bullet, since you can't blatantly advertise products on tv.

I wonder, if they had waited a week, would TR's Evolution machine have worked?

Croagunk Jab Count: 4. Shweet! Best part was when they chased TR and the 'gunk dragged Brock as he flailed.

Medea
11th July 2007, 1:40 PM
-Love to hear Team Rocket sing the name of the title. We haven't really heard that since Chronicles.
-Speaking of Chronicles, the Magikarp Salesman wasn't the greatest (not like seasons 1-7) but his voice was way better than he sounded in the Chronicles.
-It's official, I love Croagunk controlling Brock (even at the worst possible times)
-It's amazing that when Team Rocket was trying to evolve Pikachu to Raichu, they never once mentioned the thunderstone. Did we stop believing in stones to evolve all of a sudden?
-That machine of Team Rocket, when it morphed like that, I just had a bad flashback of watching Power Rangers.
-Finally! I'm so glad that at the end of the episode, NO ONE EVOLVED! I really haven't seen much of that kind of ending since season one!

Ed Phoenix
11th July 2007, 1:43 PM
Croagunk's intercepting Brock combined with a haxed magikarp made it fairly decent.

As well as when Pikachu fell out of the evolution machine. ;026;

Pika Hikari KT
11th July 2007, 1:51 PM
I liked Meowth's line: "Time to hit the remote...Wee~!" Sounded like he was advertising the Wii, but just was exclaiming. Dodged a bullet, since you can't blatantly advertise products on tv.
He said "Wii~!" in the original too, and I'm pleasantly surprised PUSA found a way to keep it in. Like I said, thinly veiled blatant product advertisment.;)

-That machine of Team Rocket, when it morphed like that, I just had a bad flashback of watching Power Rangers.
More people were thinking of Transformers, as this was a lot more fluid(thank you, Iwane!).

scissorX
11th July 2007, 2:13 PM
Pikachu has at some stage already evolved, obviously not when it's been under Ash's control but it has at somepoint. So why ask Ash to joint the B Button League..

Wynaut?
11th July 2007, 2:37 PM
No-one's noticed the lack of Wobbuffet in this episode. :o

Not bad, not exactly memorable either though. Was cool to see a Feebas again. And the Magikarp salesman. :D

cassius335
11th July 2007, 2:56 PM
Pikachu has at some stage already evolved, obviously not when it's been under Ash's control but it has at somepoint. So why ask Ash to joint the B Button League..

Pikachu IS the base stage. Pichu, as a baby Poke, is a pre-base-stage Pokemon.

Geodude
11th July 2007, 11:26 PM
I wonder, if they had waited a week, would TR's Evolution machine have worked?
Which was exactly my point. :p

Deception
12th July 2007, 1:01 AM
The singing of the title in the beginning of the ep was corny, but everything else was well done. Croagunk just keeps getting better and better. : )

Super Gullwing
12th July 2007, 1:42 AM
Someone needs to watch Electric Shock Showdown again. Pikachu CHOSE not to evolve.

I know that... u.u;
But it just need to happen. ^^;

Goldmoon
12th July 2007, 8:02 AM
The singing at the beginning of the episode sounded very similar to the Beatles song 'Revolution'.

"Ya See We Want an Evolution!"
vs.
"So you say you want a revolution!"

scissorX
12th July 2007, 2:47 PM
Pikachu IS the base stage. Pichu, as a baby Poke, is a pre-base-stage Pokemon.

Yes I didn't say it wasn't the base stage did I. I'm saying that all Pokémon with a baby form have to evolve from the baby form. So, Ash's Pikachu has evolved, just not under Ash's control.

Wynaut?
12th July 2007, 3:07 PM
The singing at the beginning of the episode sounded very similar to the Beatles song 'Revolution'.

"Ya See We Want an Evolution!"
vs.
"So you say you want a revolution!"

That would be where the title of the ep comes from :p

It's a pity The Beatles suck arse though.

Kenpachi
12th July 2007, 10:48 PM
That Brunette C Button Girl was hot.
Its to bad that those two are probably the only members.

Goldmoon
13th July 2007, 1:37 AM
It's a pity The Beatles suck arse though.

*Does not agree with that statement at all*

Anyways, I loved the game references in this episode. Took me a while to catch on to the 'B Button' thing.

Avegaille
17th July 2007, 4:13 AM
That Brunette C Button Girl was hot.
Its to bad that those two are probably the only members.

XD You mean Haley?

Anyways, I seriously do not like the dubbing of this episode... right from the beginning, you can tell it's been dubbed horribly... (Yes, I am very biased because I have both English and Japanese versions). They're into high pitched voices so much, the voices of the characters even when they're mad gets into you a lot... I mean, your voice obviously lowers down whenever you're mad/annoyed... which frankly, the dubbers didn't put much into detail when they did Oralie and Haley...

And Jessie lost her somewhat horror voice effect when she was saying that Pikachu is going to evolve into Raichu in the dub. The horror voice effect gives off a lot of impact in the scene... ;o

A lot of background music changes also... but whatever...

Episode, I like, dubbing, I hate. D=

Pearl's Perap
17th July 2007, 4:17 AM
This episode was average, I liked the return of the Magikarp salesman and the introduction of the b button girls was great, the idea of stopping evolution using the b button, they never touched on this before, so that is a good thing.

I would have much preferred Feebas to have more screentime than Magikarp, it deserves it, we have seen more than enough 'karp in my eyes.

I don't really have any more comments on this episode, apart from I liked how they kept Meowth saying 'wii!' as he pressed the buttons on the wiimote-esque remote, that was a nice touch

5/10

npdargy312
18th July 2007, 9:47 AM
nice B-Button reference

Revolution
27th July 2007, 2:49 AM
"What does the B stand for then? Bulbasaur? Blackmail?"
Bulbasaur Button League would be cool. =o

The episdoe is on right now. =o

pipersgirl™
29th July 2007, 10:42 AM
This episode kinda sucked.......I wanted the big machine to work.

Kazuki Mirai
29th July 2007, 2:39 PM
What? The lady didn't command her Magikarp to use SPLASH ATTACK? XD

Meh, rather weird episode. But I did liked the robot though.. Funny when this episode aired in the U.S., the Transformers movie was in theaters already.

Jeff Zero
2nd August 2007, 10:46 AM
*Does not agree with that statement at all*

Nor do I. I'm not a hardcore Beetles fan, but I think they're pretty good.

Random Little Fact: Sound familliar? In Japan, the Magikarp Man is done by the same seiryuu that does Professor Oak, and is almost identical.

That would explain why the little computer he had had Prof. Oak's voice back when he was pulling that Feebas scam (back in Hoenn). It was HIS voice!

Okay, how the hell did Team Rocket wind up with a transformer like robot, from a microchip and a manual???

I'm reminded of an episode of Futurama where the characters were rapidly aging backwards, and Bender, being a robot, eventually turned into a CD containing the blueprints to create him. To answer your question, I think they start calling themselves The A-Team Rocket. ;)

No-one's noticed the lack of Wobbuffet in this episode.

Wobbuffet started to get old back in Johto. I think Mime Jr.'s funnier and MUCH cuter.

I was not surprised at all that Team Rocket sang out the title, as it hits further home the obvious homage/referance. I'd have been disapointed if they didn't do it, and besides, Ash sang "Let it Snow, Let it Snow, Let it Snorunt", even that doesn't even make sense.

When I found out Sharona was renamed Cynthia for the NA version, I was dissapointed not only because Sharona's not even a Japanese name by any means, but also because having the characters read the title card by singing out "My Sharona!" would have been funny.

Kenpachi
8th August 2007, 11:38 PM
XD You mean Haley?

The taller girl.

penngrade6
31st August 2007, 8:28 PM
I thought it was cool to see the Wiimote. Though in the dub when Team Rocket said the episode name it was just plain creepy. I was glad to see the Magikarp salesman again, he provided comic relief.

Cobalt_Latios
19th September 2007, 4:10 AM
Anyways, I loved the game references in this episode. Took me a while to catch on to the 'B Button' thing.

nice B-Button reference

The reason for me quoting this will become apparent soon.

Before that, I would like to say that I was watching this with a friend of mine when they mentioned the whole "B-button" thing. He was the first to realize what this meant. After a few seconds, I too realized what it means.

Here it is: These people wont evolve their Pokémon due to personal choice. Now, if we include game reference, how do you stop a Pokémon from evolving? You press the "B-Button".

Man, for the first time ever, a Pokémon episode literally relates to the game in a non-technical version. Cool.

~C_L~

starry421
5th October 2007, 6:11 AM
I liked that one part where Meouth, (so sorry I can't spell the name) used the thing that looked like a Wii-Remote

Geodude
5th October 2007, 1:11 PM
Here it is: These people wont evolve their Pokémon due to personal choice. Now, if we include game reference, how do you stop a Pokémon from evolving? You press the "B-Button".

Man, for the first time ever, a Pokémon episode literally relates to the game in a non-technical version. Cool.
Thank you, Captain Obvious.

I thought it was cool to see the Wiimote. Though in the dub when Team Rocket said the episode name it was just plain creepy.
I thought it was weirder when Meowth just randomly said "Wii" when using the "Wii-mote". XD

SpongeBoblover
7th November 2007, 4:06 AM
The episode was okay I liked the Wii refrence part. XD

lugia100
6th January 2008, 7:03 AM
Nitendo ripped off Transformers on that episode with that mech robot thingy. Part from that the episode was fine. Meowth (did i spell that right?) using the Wii remote, seeing piplup battel in the water for the first time and seeing the super strong magikarp. But like Pearls said Feebas sould have been in the episode more then magikarp.

uber gon
6th January 2008, 8:17 AM
Meh, I kinda find it weird about the whole Dues Ex Machina theme in this episode. Feebas I understand, but Magikarp took it too far.

Hero of legend
19th January 2008, 7:10 AM
Shame on you all!!!

For not getting the TRUE reference in the episode title!

Satoru Iwata asked everyone at E3 2005 "You say you want a Revolution? Well, WE GOT ONE!" right before he unveiled the Revolution for the first time!

Hero of legend
19th January 2008, 7:12 AM
Shame on you all!!!

For not getting the TRUE reference in the episode title!

Satoru Iwata asked everyone at E3 2005 "You say you want a Revolution? Well, WE GOT ONE!" right before he unveiled the The Wii (then called Revolution) for the first time!

neo_senku
22nd January 2008, 8:39 AM
When I found out Sharona was renamed Cynthia for the NA version, I was dissapointed not only because Sharona's not even a Japanese name by any means, but also because having the characters read the title card by singing out "My Sharona!" would have been funny.

yeah that would have been funny

BlisseyBoy
28th January 2008, 11:08 AM
There are two things i liked about this ep. 1. That they used B-button leage instead of something else 2. That Tr sang the ep name.^^

Darkrai777
13th February 2008, 7:00 PM
I find it funny how at the episode name, Team Rocket sing it as if it were the song "revolution" by The Beatles.

Raro
28th April 2008, 6:11 AM
I find it funny how at the episode name, Team Rocket sing it as if it were the song "revolution" by The Beatles.

I like that part too :)

and also I couldn't believe that Pikachu Couldn't beat that Magikarp with the advantage!!!
They just both got really tired :(

Charizard_Trainer88
28th April 2008, 8:11 AM
when the machine turned into a transformer i was like WHAAAAAAT COOL but when it broke apart right away i was like....i knew it lol

(s.i.e)
18th July 2008, 8:24 PM
oh yeah, the wii-remote, i was surprised when i looked back to it so it, i'll
give a 7/10 for this one, i hope the next episode that i watch will be better

hydrojames
30th July 2008, 1:38 PM
Brock's Croagunk is good at keeping Brock from getting to close to any girls.

Andywoo
18th August 2008, 11:00 AM
Nothing much happened this episode. But at least the Magikarp Salesman made a return. I am easily impressed

wobbanut
23rd August 2008, 10:04 PM
Yay, the return of the Magickarp Salesman, one of my favorite recurring characters. :D :D :D At least this time the new voice actor actually sounded like the Magickarp Salesman, not the "Bronx cousin" (my nickname) from that one Chronicles episode.

This episode in no way convinced me that magickarp and feebas have much use apart from evolving them, but at least it was interesting to see two trainers who valued them for what they were. Team Rocket's "evolution" machine was pretty cool.

I also love this line of dialogue:

Oralie: “So, what does the C in C-button stand for?”
Jessie: “(groans, to herself) I hate being put on the spot. (aloud) ‘C’-side slackers! So, she sells C-shells by the C, by the C, by the C-shore League!”

Rommath
30th January 2009, 8:50 PM
Glad the Magikarp Salesman made a reappearance, I still remember the Spoink and Feebas one back in Hoenn, which was funny. The super strong Magikarp was weird though. The B-Button league was an alright name.

Blue Snover
9th March 2009, 4:33 PM
This episode was a little dull, i was impressed that they managed to get Magikarp and Feebas to such a high level though.

Littlemyuu
27th April 2009, 5:20 PM
A nice episdoe with Feebas and Magikarp...i like watching this

S.Suikun
31st May 2009, 12:33 AM
Here's an example of an episode that was worth it for the little touches, because in the big picture, it was not too remarkable. I'm talking about things like the Magikarp Salesman, Nyasu's Wiimote, the entire concept of a Magikarp being strong or a Feebas being gorgeous, unintentional 4th Wall with the B-Button League, the absolutely killer animation, etc. We pegged this as "Sinnoh's first true filler" back in the day, although I'm now willing to accept DP007 as the first seeing as how that appeal practiced was never actually used. Regardless of your own definition, this episode was entertaining enough to hold its own, and while you'd never think that Pikachu vs. Magikarp could be thrilling, this makes you believe otherwise.

I do have a few complaints; for one, I feel the Magikarp Salesman should have been used better seeing as how the episode does involve the so-called world's strongest Magikarp. It seems he was merely thrown in because of Magikarp's involvement, and the writers sort of worked a TR scheme around it. Second, I wish Feebas...you know...did something. Magikarp's actually gotten numerous episodes over the course of the series, while Feebas has had little focus (Milotic, on the other hand...). I raved over the animation upon its first airing, and what do you know, it still ranks as a competitor for Iwane's top effort. I sorta wish we still saw these types of hatching techniques every now and then, but perhaps there were some conflicts with the *ahem* lesser directors.

B-

Torpoleon
31st May 2009, 1:58 AM
Magikarp seemed a tad bit too strong. I can understand how it could beat Piplup at that time. Dealing a lot of hits to Pikachu was just enough. If only one of Pikachu's electric type attacks like Volt Tackle had hit Magikarp. That will probably be the last of the salesmenbecause I am tired of them. Everytime they rip TR off. It is just a waste At least it is cool to watch TR be sad that they got ripped off by a salesmen repeatedly.

Shadow XD001
5th June 2009, 12:56 AM
This was a great episode. Ash would work swimmingly in the BB club! Also, this shows a Magikaro can be real powerful.

Mr. Smile
27th July 2009, 2:31 PM
This was a normal filler episode. Nothing really new happened. I enjoyed watching Team Rocket try to figure out what's wrong the machine they built. The wii-like remote was a definite attention grabber.
7/10

milenadrg
29th July 2009, 10:51 PM
It was nice seeing some Pokemon in action for wich people think they are weak. I am disappointed because episode was focused on Magikarp. I am sick of Magikarps, I wanted that Feebass more to shine, too... :(

CliveKoopa
12th August 2009, 1:14 PM
This is a great episode. TR are really nasty in this episode for once as it shows them trying to force pokemon, including Pikachu to evolve, which we don't usually see.

Rainbowdashtheawesome
8th September 2009, 5:49 AM
I wonder if that machine would really have worked if they had waited a day as instructed. Either way, how many times are they going to let themselves get scammed by the Magikarp guy?
Pikachu should feel ashamed for losing to a Magikarp; a Water-type with insanely low stats and only four learnable moves.

Lorde
8th December 2009, 12:39 PM
It was so ridiculous it was fun!

I loved how a small Magikarp beat Piplup. Those fish were really strong. TR's robot was too much, and the salesman returned.

Overall, a 9/10

Ash-kid
16th December 2009, 4:07 PM
Hmm, good episode, i loved the battles

And Magikarp was really strong. poor Piplup..

7/10

KGB13
17th January 2010, 6:21 AM
First...LMFAO! at the Magikarp Salesman making a return and tricking TR once again. Now that that's been said, onto the rest of my post.

Piplup got absolutely DESTROYED in the this episode, by a Magikarp of all things, but it was pretty strong. I thought it was total crap how it tied with Pikachu though. Ash could have easily told Pikachu to use Thunderbolt on the water and the match would have been over. Did anyone else notice that the remote for the Evolution Machine looked a lot like a Wii-mote? Meowth also made reference to it by pressing one of the buttons and saying "We" right before the machine transformed into that Gundam looking robot. But overall this was an enjoyable episode.

DaAuraWolf
1st February 2010, 3:49 PM
It was nice to see the B-button technice in this episode.It was funny when Team Rocket dressed up like the C-Button League.It also taught us that strong Pokemon dosen`t have to be evovled.

9/10.

CliveKoopa
1st February 2010, 11:46 PM
I wonder if that machine would really have worked if they had waited a day as instructed. Either way, how many times are they going to let themselves get scammed by the Magikarp guy?
Pikachu should feel ashamed for losing to a Magikarp; a Water-type with insanely low stats and only four learnable moves.

If it did work then Pikachu would have probably evolved into a yellow Raichu similar to the Red Gyarados in Johto and TR would be hated even more than they ever have as they would have sunk to their lowest. Forcing a pokemon to evolve is not usually their style and its a good in the machine and forced him to evolve in revenge.

Willow's Tara
31st May 2010, 9:27 AM
This episode wasn't too bad really, I liked seeing the World's Strongest Magikarp and Feebas, in the anime you could probably make anything very strong if you train it hard enough (Maybe that's why Paul is always training his Pokemon so much and so hard).

Would have been interesting to see that machine work but it's probably a good thing it didn't. James knew a couple times that the Magikarp salesman was trying to scam him, this was not one of them. Although there is one time he was actually telling the truth with that Sweet Scent Weepinbell in that Elekid episode near the end of Johto.

Cliva- I don't know about that, TR has done some very low stuff yet people still love them, unless you mean in the anime which where they are already hated anyway.

saar
8th July 2010, 2:57 PM
I didn't like this episode. I thought the Magikarp man will do something, but he almost did nothing. It was a nice combination with a Team Rocket episode & Ash/Dawn episode, though.

Lance The Champ
2nd December 2010, 2:08 PM
How can a magikarp be that powerful even if it was raised very well. It makes no sense

kemal07
14th January 2011, 2:44 PM
I've been rewatching the episodes all the way from Kanto and I have just watched this episode again now and have noticed that this is Ash's first time properly seeing a Feebas.

hever
6th March 2011, 12:50 AM
Feebas!!!! Milotic!!!! Love the Pokemon

G50
27th April 2011, 7:29 AM
This episode was ok... It was cool to see Feebas again. It was great to see trainers who believed in training Magikarp and Feebas to their full potential instead of evolving to make them stronger. Magikarp and Feebas are very strong in this episode. I figured that "evolution machine" wasn't going to work, especially when TR kept trying to force Pikachu to evolve into Raichu.

20/100

BurningSociety12345543210
26th May 2011, 12:26 AM
How can a magikarp be that powerful even if it was raised very well. It makes no sense

In the anime, it can.

Lorde
24th November 2014, 6:45 AM
I really enjoyed seeing the Magikarp Salesman again here, especially since he tried to trick Team Rocket again; he's so crafty. I also liked the idea of the B-Button League, although I wish that Feebas had gotten way more attention and not just Magikarp. Team Rocket trying and failing to evolve Magikarp with their machine was also humorous.

Painkiller2001
12th December 2014, 11:17 PM
TR's Mechabot actually looked like a transformer.
You know, I don't know what I expected it to look like.

That building where the Magikarp salesman said the evolution machine came from, was that The Pentagon?