PDA

View Full Version : Unable to Connect?

Wishmaker
9th March 2007, 12:15 AM
Lately, every time I try to use the chatroom, it says "unable to connect : UnknownHostException : irc.dejatoons.net", then, I click connect, then it says "Unable to connect : java.lang.NullPointerException", what's wrong, I don't think it's my computer, because I've went to chat before with no problem, what's wrong?

pkmntrainersilver
9th March 2007, 1:32 AM
Omg, the same thing is happening to me.... Weird.

Wishmaker
9th March 2007, 4:11 AM
I know, I don't really mind if they get knocked off every now and then, but it been about three or four days in a row now, what could be wrong, and if it's just maintenence, then I don't mind, I'm hoping a mod could say so though...

pkmntrainersilver
9th March 2007, 4:34 AM
I think the server might be down........ becuase if the same thing happened to both of us, there has to be something fishy...

Wishmaker
9th March 2007, 4:56 AM
They should announce when the server's down, really, if there's a mod reading this, please explain.

THe tyop Quen
9th March 2007, 5:04 AM
I'll check and see if I have the same problem. I'll edit this post with my result.

EDIT: When I went to the page is asked me to download something and I clicked cancel and it just showed the chat box as an X. I tried refreshing the page and it didn't ask me to download again. I'll try again tomorrow when I get back on.

pkmntrainersilver
9th March 2007, 5:16 AM
If a mod would come with an answer, our problems would be solved. *Waits anixously for a mod*

THe tyop Quen
9th March 2007, 5:23 AM
Mods are not on all the time and they don't always have the time to mess with small problems like this. Please just wait patiently until one who knows how to fix this problem or why it exists arives. Asking for a mod dose not speed things up at all.

pkmntrainersilver
9th March 2007, 5:27 AM
Ok, its 1124pm EST. Im goin to bed. Good Night.. *Noctowl uses hypnosis on me!!!!* Zzzzz...

Sonozaki Maya
9th March 2007, 8:46 AM
Lately, every time I try to use the chatroom, it says "unable to connect : UnknownHostException : irc.dejatoons.net", then, I click connect, then it says "Unable to connect : java.lang.NullPointerException", what's wrong, I don't think it's my computer, because I've went to chat before with no problem, what's wrong?

This is why you don't use Java.

I connected to irc.dejatoons.net earlier just fine. :/

pkmntrainersilver
9th March 2007, 10:20 PM
It doesnt work with the Mirc eaither..

Wishmaker
10th March 2007, 4:37 AM
It couldn't use chat until I downloaded Mirc, and it was working just fine a few weeks ago, and now I get the text I said in the first post, maybe it's a bandwidth overload?

Wishmaker
11th March 2007, 5:03 AM
I just went on chat now, maybe they fixed it?
EDIT: Never mind, the same problem(mentioned in first post) is happenning again...

Piachu20
14th March 2007, 7:47 AM
Then your computer is be a jerk to you. lol kidding.Some times it just will not let you get on because there is too many people on or you just cant get on right then.;026;

Wishmaker
15th March 2007, 2:18 AM
I think I figured it out, appearantly it was a time ban, cause after about five minutes, it works.