PDA

View Full Version : Well then, I do believe I'm new here.

Dragon90
9th March 2007, 5:13 AM
Seems obligatory to come here first, hmm?
Right. I would suppose I'm here for the games department. I don't care much for the show nor the TCG, but I've always enjoyed the games, back from when I was a young little cheat who cloned rare candies to boost entire teams of legends to 100 and swat the E4 in Blue. (And don't expect this of me nowadays, I'm quite strictly against legendaries, cheating, all the like.) I ofcourse play for the PvP tactics portion. Alough I'm not very well versed, I've had noone to play with and my closest experience is Netbattle, which just doesn't emulate to true game. WiFi, I'm hoping, will fix this.
But yeah, that's my intro. I've been on many forums before so I'd like to think my common sense will coast me away from the banstick (But yes, I've read the specific rules), Not that I'm much to worry about. I lurk more than anything.

Edit: Oh yes, The badge-type picture under user titles, is that counted as the profile picture on this forum, or have I missed something? I'd like to whip something up on Photoshop at some point.

TigerClaw
9th March 2007, 5:20 AM
Hello! Welcome to SPPf! Enjoy your stay here!

Angeling
9th March 2007, 5:21 AM
That's your user rank, and it changes as your postcount increases to a certain amount... See the stickied FAQ on that, but it's not custom. You can't change it manually or anything.

But anyway, welcome to SPPf, and hope you've read the rules and will at all times abide them under no exceptions. And it's fine to be just interested in the games and not the TCG/anime.

Have fun whilst staying out of trouble now. And, in case you didn't know, SPPf stands for Serebii Pokémon Pages/lace forum.

Pkmn Breeder Jack
9th March 2007, 9:12 PM
Yo, you remind me of myself when I was young.^^ I also was a cloning, cheating kid that thought of every concievable way to raise pokemon back then. Now, like you, I am not a huge fan of the TCG or anime, although I still follow it on Serebii.net. And yes, I don't clone rare candies anymore. However, I do train legendaries and will clone some of my rare Pkmn on Emerald for WiFi trades ONLY, not to have armies of lv 100s. That idea just sickens me. Anyway, welcome to SPPf, hope you enjoy!

Pokepal
10th March 2007, 3:08 AM
Enjoy your stay here!

Dragon90
10th March 2007, 9:42 PM
Heh.. wow, and I got a few greetings back. Makes this forum that much better than half the others I've been around. (I've actually been forgetting to check the thread)
Thanks for the actual welcomes. Already quite enjoying the forum, feel I've picked up a few things I wouldn't have otherwise (minus in quite humiliating manners in late April..)

Eefi: I see.. missed that, so thanks for clarifying. Oh well, when I stop being lazy I need to put together a good sig.

Jack: Ah yes. The days of Missingno hmm? I believe I permanently glitched my Blue cartridge back then eventually, between owning piles of Rare Candies and entire boxes of Mews (which ironicly enough, was entirely legit.. the original I mean).
And don't get me wrong, I often raise legends, if only just for fun. I just never use em in PvP matches. I feel I can win without em. I don't clone, however. I'm a bit too careful for that, always afraid of irreparable glitches should I screw up. That and, aren't clones tagged and untradable via WiFi?
(Ofcourse should I ever get my Shiny Eevee, All bets are off >.>; )