PDA

View Full Version : Question That's Been Bugging Me

rossman4life
27th March 2007, 3:34 PM
After searching the net for a while, I decided to leave the question here, knowing the capable minds at Serebii would answer it quickly.

Pokemon A learns a certain move B at level 15 in FR/LG.
Pokemon A learns a certain move B at level 25 in D/P.

What exactly are the mechanics of a traded pokemon betwixt games such as this? Supposing I do not learn the move at 15 in FR/LG, if traded to D/P at 24, would it take one level and be eligible once more, or does the D/P cart recognize the pokemon's game of origin and keep its leveling up move list that it started with?

Thanks much, this question has been bugging me.

grim reaper
27th March 2007, 4:12 PM
it will recognize the game of origin and keep the move even if you would trade it at level 15

rossman4life
27th March 2007, 4:22 PM
Excellent, thanks for the timely response!

rossman4life
27th March 2007, 7:40 PM
Alright... *cracks knuckles*

Round 2.

The last time I bred pokemon extensively was in the 2nd generation. Below, I have linked a document which details the processes quite well. Now, here's where the problems come up. I've looked at guides for 3rd generation and 4th generation and am interested in some information I've had trouble tracking down. When breeding in these two generations, is IV passing from parent to child the same in any sense as 2nd generation, or completely different? Also, is 3rd generation the same as 4th?

What I have come to understand is the child's IV's were taken from the parent of the opposite sex in 2nd generation, Ditto excluded, for simplicity's sake. Now, given that there is a split in special attack and special defense, I wasn't entirely sure they'd keep this mechanic. Reading on 3rd generation guides, I have read that 3 of the total IVs are randomly selected from the parents', either some from both or all from one and the rest are created at random, like capturing a wild pokemon. Naturally, 4th generation guides are hard to come by at present.

So to reiterate, has IV passing from parents to child changed? Has it changed from 3rd to 4th generations? Am I correct that 3 are random from the parents and the rest are created at random in the 3rd generation?

Reference document. (http://www.gamefaqs.com/portable/gbcolor/file/198308/10977)

Angeling
28th March 2007, 4:20 AM
No double posting. Ask in the appropriate sections too, as this is for FORUM help, not games, etc. :/