PDA

View Full Version : Newly Joined

Sgamer82
30th March 2007, 5:23 AM
Hello. My name's Stephen, I just joined up on the board. I've always liked the Pokemon games and have Pearl on reserve. My interest in the game was re-sparked thanks to the Wi-Fi potential and the Physical/Special split.

I've already been looking over Pokemon I hope to find/get in the course of the games. I plan to make Chimchar my starter, the reason pretty much being that he's a monkey with a flaming bottom. Really, how is that not cool?

Aside from Pokemon, I'm an avid anime/manga fan. My absolute favorite being One Piece. Others I like include Naruto, Red River, and Yotsuba&. I also like regular books, too, most recently getting heavily into Terry Pratchett's Discworld novels (My favorites being the City Watch books).

I also like to write. I've done various fanfics and even an original story (Middle-aged Magical Girl). I made one attempt to write (but aborted) a Pokemon fanfic featuring an original trainer character named Will Scape and his Pokemon, a Jigglypuff. Since that attempt I've created at least one other O.T. (a girl named Fuka, who loves cute pokemon; yet whose definition of cute includes fangs, scales, and/or the ability to breathe fire). I may yet do them, I'm not sure yet. Depends on how well I can plot it all out.

Anyway, hope to be active in the forums as I work out my various Poke-teams.

P.S. Which forum do I go to in order to ask a question about a specific Pokemon/move/ability? It doesn't seem right to go to the Rate My Team threads. So General Pokemon forum?

stardust
30th March 2007, 5:54 AM
God bless Wifi and welcome. Sorry I dont know because I dont usually go to team rate or sections like that. But you could try 4th gen disscusion.

delifresh13
30th March 2007, 11:48 PM
whats up,your question goes on the general game disscusion,if your have any other questions pm me I'm kinda a n00b but I'll try to help

Weebos, Purveyor of Great Fun
31st March 2007, 12:37 AM
you could check the main site's pokedex.
It depends on the game you are asking the question about, if you do not know, it may be best to put it in the 3rd Gen section.
But anyway, Welcome to the forums.

Pokepal
31st March 2007, 3:50 AM
Long, detailed intro and good grammar!?
Model newbie!!
Just read the rules and have fun!

pokegoddialga
2nd April 2007, 5:10 PM
well there is a moveset thread in the daimond and pearl discussion forum and thats all i kno of so i welcome u and i hope u have great time hear and if u need a friend pm me.

Sgamer82
3rd April 2007, 2:51 AM
Thanks everyone. I managed to work out my question (can Focus Energy be Baton Passed) and worked out how to make it work (Scizor). now all I gotta do on getting Pearl is get hold of a Scyther and a Metal Coat.