PDA

View Full Version : Cooking up a Great Story! (492)

Serebii
30th March 2007, 2:58 PM
http://www.serebii.net/anime/NextOn/492.jpgCooking up a Great Story!

On their travels, Ash & Co. meet a trainer running a restaurant. This trainer wishes to borrow Ash's Pikachu as her own Pikachu that helps out has gone missing, just before a competition. Ash reluctantly agrees. However, Team Rocket want to get their hands on both Pikachu. Will Ash be able to protect them?

Visit The Episode Guide (http://www.serebii.net/anime/epiguide/shinou/492.shtml)

Discuss

Amaranth
30th March 2007, 4:53 PM
The Animation Really Lacked Compaired To The Next Eppy, Blatant Filler But Ok

~ James

PANCAKE
30th March 2007, 5:51 PM
Seen the pics.

Looks like male and female pokemon wont have the differences. Sugar looked like any ol' regular Pikachu. The electric rats of Dawn and Ash also battled. Typical lightning rod trick was used by Pika to absorb Pachy's electric attack. Yippy skippy.

Ashy Boy
30th March 2007, 6:02 PM
I'm confused about the whole ep.

Jonah
30th March 2007, 7:54 PM
I saw an egg O_o

Pikachu's gender revealed?

Or a new D/P berry? (I don't know anything about D/P Berries)

freakin_chicken
30th March 2007, 7:57 PM
i've never realised that pikachus have gender difference!

so cute. but is the other pikachu a female?

Pika Hikari KT
30th March 2007, 8:20 PM
I don't think Sugar appeared as a Pikachu at all. She only appeared as a Raichu at the end.o;.;o

But what was with the placing of Pikachu's tail? Very awkward position between Pika's ears...

S.Suikun
30th March 2007, 9:34 PM
If I learned anything from this episode, it's don't **** with old ladies. And her granddaughter has got to be one of the most anorexic characters ever. Also got to hear the Movie 8 castle town theme. Wonder when they'll start playing Movie 9 music? And this was Raichu's first appearance in...what? 7 years?

Otherwise, I almost fell asleep watching this thing. Most boring episode of DP thus far, and probably the most boring since "Aipom and Circumstance". Good thing they pegged KinoSHITa to animate this. Off to watch the Roserade episode now, so here's hoping it improves.

Pika Hikari KT
30th March 2007, 10:03 PM
And this was Raichu's first appearance in...what? 7 years?
Last time I remember Raichu making an important appearance(re: with a character of the day) would be Stage Fight, so 7 years would be the approximate amount.:o

scissorX
30th March 2007, 10:22 PM
This episode was boring :/

Dax
30th March 2007, 11:00 PM
Staravia was defeated!?! Again!?! By a stupid machine!?! Such a disappointment!

Korobooshi Kojiro
31st March 2007, 12:20 AM
From what I've heard, Pikachu was trying to pretend to be Sugar or something...to fool the old lady? 0.o

Err...I dunno, but I do remember how boring Pikachu-based episodes tend to be. Oh well, one bump in the road of an otherwise decent seasons.

Jonah
31st March 2007, 12:47 AM
Star.AVIA! is pwnt by a TR mecha! Whee! More brain damage!

Doesn't sound too great, although I still don't understand what an egg was doing there. Is it Sugar's?

DaMike52
31st March 2007, 12:47 AM
Ash Vs. Pikachu, what has this world come to.

freakin_chicken
31st March 2007, 12:49 AM
Last time I remember Raichu making an important appearance(re: with a character of the day) would be Stage Fight, so 7 years would be the approximate amount.:o

Raichu was in the Pokemon Chronicles' Legend of Thunder too.

uber gon
31st March 2007, 2:37 AM
Raichu was in the Pokemon Chronicles' Legend of Thunder too.

Yeah, but this one actually BATTLED.

Anyway, anyone notice the filler girl actually had CLEAVAGE, more or less.

Haruki
31st March 2007, 4:55 AM
By seeing the episode itself, I am really impressed. There was a lot of drama in this one, and I don't think it was boring!

That filler girl (poor thing, everybody hates her only because she's oh-so-thin) asked Ash for his Pikachu, because her grandma's had gone away. Ash agreed, since she said grandma was sad and stuff.
As soon as they were arriving on the place, where girl & grandma run a restaurant (even though I only saw cakes), filler gurl teaches Pikachu that Sugar (her grandma's Pika) used to do that thing with tail + head.
So everything happens. Grandma was fooled to think Ash's Pikachu was her Sugar, and, consequently, confronts Ash to a battle. Here we get the title of the episode. When Aipom was about to punch Pikachu, grandma stops the thing to protect Pikachu.
Later that day, Ash realises they're not correct in doing what they are, so he decides to tell grandma the truth. But... wait! Grandma already knew Pikachu was not her Sugar, 'cause, apparently, Sugar didn't use to slightly burn the berries when it used to pick them for her.
They are interrupted by Team Rocket, wich steel Ash's Pikachu. Then, all of them go to rescue it, and end up failing - just when grandma gets all emotional and her Sugar appears -- as a Raichu! Yeah, it did evolve. Raichu manages to save Pika and blast TR off.
On the other day, Ash & co eat the cake made with the berries the actual Sugar picked, and they love it. Dawn mentions the Sonoo contest, and then we get some other cute Raichu scenes and... end. =)

IMO, the scenes with the old lady were SO cute, as were Pikachu and Raichu. And, BTW, I don't think the animation was all that bad. The episode had nice battles, and I'm glad most of the gang pokés appeared. Hope episodes like this are to come.

http://img155.imageshack.us/img155/9259/bscap0016ve4.jpg

:)

- Haruki.

Mythic Mist
31st March 2007, 5:06 AM
Yeah. This episode was cute. I don't care that it had crappy animation. It was just...cute. >_>

Pika Hikari KT
31st March 2007, 5:38 AM
Oh, so that's what it was! I thought it was like Bulba on his hind legs for no reason.:p Thanks for filling us in, Haruki!

Though Pikachu's tail was still REALLY thin. Like RB Pikachu sprites, you know?

Mythic Mist
31st March 2007, 5:55 AM
Team Rocket's Motto was pretty cool this ep. :O

Blaziryu
31st March 2007, 5:58 AM
Pikachu is a traitorous little S.O.B. Man, Ash should pistol whip Pikachu & return it into its Pokeball as punishment for going against him.

S.Suikun
31st March 2007, 6:10 AM
Pikachu is a traitorous little S.O.B. Man, Ash should pistol whip Pikachu & return it into its Pokeball as punishment for going against him.
Umm...you realize that Ash agreed to battle Pikachu to appease the old lady?

Haruki
31st March 2007, 6:21 AM
Nah, you don't need to thank me! :)

Well, since Sugar's tail was not splitted and the old lady didn't say a thing about (Ash's) Pikachu's tail, it's clear to us that Sugar is a male.

- Haruki.

Pika Hikari KT
31st March 2007, 6:43 AM
Sugar must be a gay 'Chu then.XD Who'd pick such a girly name for a boy?

Then again, the last two Pikachu with nicknames were English in the original(Micheal/Pooka and Leon/Sparky).l_l;

SOS! Its Not Healthy..
31st March 2007, 8:37 AM

Then again, the last two Pikachu with nicknames were English in the original(Micheal/Pooka and Leon/Sparky).l_l;

I actually thought that Pikachu was a female from that name as well, and I did find it odd how it would be a boy. Poor Sugar, lol gay 'chu. But then again, the Japanese probably don't know what names are really for females or males. I think they thought Sugar as a pet or some name that would be a huge deal.

I only seen the pics, I'll gonna probably say a bit more later when I have this in motion. But what surprised me the most, Raichu. My mouth was wide open from seeing it after about 5 or 6 year anime disappearance. The pics made me smile seeing my favorite Pokemon being the hero.

Yamato-san
31st March 2007, 11:31 AM
for what they hyped up in the preview, the actual battle between Satoshi and Pikachu was a huge let-down (not to mention short... hell, you saw pretty much all of it in the aforementioned preview). However, there was one thing I enjoyed about this episode: Sugar evolving into Raichu. Seriously, I was half expecting Sugar to show up as a Pikachu... the idea of a Raichu crossed my mind, but I know these writers tend to jump at the opportunity of having multiple Pikachu (I'm looking at you Hiroshi, you god damn clone), and this of course seemed like the perfect chance. What a pleasant surprise that turned out to be. ^^

As S. Suikun already mentioned, this also makes the first Raichu showcase in years (remarkable that a member of the most popular Pokemon's family is quite possibly one of the most under-appreciated. Even Pichu manages to get a billion specials and mini-movies to itself -_-). Another nice thing: unlike the majority of electric Pokemon showcasings, in which it pairs up with Pikachu and they blow up Rocket Dan with a double Thunderbolt or some s*** like that (practically showing all electric Pokemon are only capable of doing what Pikachu can already do, if not worse -_-), Raichu acted entirely on its own, and Focus Punch even let it have a more distinct fighting style from what we usually see of its previous evolution.

Maestro Kinético
31st March 2007, 11:37 AM
Very disappointed with this one, I expected some drama involving Ash and Pikachu and it was just a typical filler. I didn't undertsand the whole plot, it seemed so dull. I thought the poffin making was going to be more developed.

Korobooshi Kojiro
31st March 2007, 2:46 PM
They didn't make Pofin in this, that was the Roserade episode.

As S. Suikun already mentioned, this also makes the first Raichu showcase in years

He was in Clear as Crystal as well...but it was just a cameo.

Anyway, I wonder if the writers will have Denzi use it as his main Pokemon and give us another Pikachu vs. Raichu battle down the line?

Chatsy
31st March 2007, 2:57 PM
I take Sugar randomly found a Thunderstone then? :s

I was really put off by how everyone seemed so off in so many scenes. I really do hate it.

Old grandma sure do know how to battle. However, the way she interupted Aipom from attacked was really foolish - If it weren't for the "keeping it clean and not hurt old people" concept the show has, that old woman would've broken her old de-calciumised legs.

I think Sugar was male. Judging from the Pokedex, the female Raichu has a "flat" or cut tip of their tail whereas the male has an edgy/sharp tip. If that made sense.

Also, how cruel to mislead everyone with a title based on a few minute long battle - Haha, nice.

PANCAKE
31st March 2007, 4:22 PM
Well, since Sugar's tail was not splitted and the old lady didn't say a thing about (Ash's) Pikachu's tail, it's clear to us that Sugar is a male.

- Haruki.

Ah crap! You're right! I totally forgot about the Bidoof episode where the tails told the difference between genders. And I think THAT one was the first episode to show genders. So Sugar WAS a male? *beats head with fist* I hate jumping to conclusions and being wrong :(

freakin_chicken
31st March 2007, 4:50 PM
i don't get the episode.

did that old lady suffered from Alzheimer?!

Yuko
31st March 2007, 5:15 PM
Yeah, the animation wasn't great like some of the other D/P episodes, but this one was still nice. I just wish the battle between Pikachu and Satoshi lasted longer. xD;

Nice seeing Raichu make an appearance - he's adorable. C:

Haruki
31st March 2007, 9:41 PM
For those who don't get what was the episode about, I made a resume of it... Just return to page 1 and scroll down.

Gaychu? LOL! XD
Since Pikachu is cute and all, I don't think Sugar is a bad nick, though... And, since it evolved into Raichu now, yeah, it sounds weird...
Anyway, I'm not nicknaming my DP Raichu after Sugar, heck no... :rolleyes:

Very disappointed with this one, I expected some drama involving Ash and Pikachu and it was just a typical filler. I didn't undertsand the whole plot, it seemed so dull. I thought the poffin making was going to be more developed.

Hmmmm... Maybe it seemed dull because you didn't pay any atention while you watched this. Thinking this episode was about Pofin is a proof. :/

- Haruki.

Magical Needle Smash
1st April 2007, 10:55 PM

An old woman.

-Starly-
1st April 2007, 11:00 PM
An old woman.
Or Harley.

Anyways, finally watched the episode. Love to see Raichu appearing after a major MIA. Everything else was subpar; the plot was half good and the COTDs were very generic and badly animated. Good thing that KinoSHITa was doing this epi.

Yamato-san
2nd April 2007, 4:47 AM
hey everyone, #PM just released a sub of this episode. Be sure to check it out. [wink] [wink]

He was in Clear as Crystal as well...but it was just a cameo.

and how long ago was that? ...............my point exactly.

S.Suikun
2nd April 2007, 4:53 AM
I was hoping for another parody sub this year...you disappointing...disappointer person. :P

Yamato-san
2nd April 2007, 4:58 AM
of course, what do you expect on April Fool's? I drop hints that I'm working on another parody, and then I go and throw it back in all of your faces. XD But you might wanna check out this sub, in any case. [wink] Even though this episode looks dull, there's some pretty interesting stuff going on that you could only get out of the dialogue, like Amano's hidden past involving a murderer who killed her brother before stating he's from an organization called "Ginga", and is Tamami indicating that she'll become a recurring character? OMG!

Korobooshi Kojiro
2nd April 2007, 12:08 PM
I know what the parody is...:p

Oh well, atleast I can understand what happens in a boring episode instead of watching a boring episode without understanding it.

Gravy
2nd April 2007, 12:23 PM
I was going to avoid watching this one completely, but all this suspicious winking and confusing reverse psychology has forced my curious side to open a can of torrent :(

S.Suikun
2nd April 2007, 6:46 PM
I just decided to open that can, and all I can say is...

...I hate everybody. :P

TeddiUrsa
3rd April 2007, 12:34 AM
Is there an Internet-Joke about the subbed episode I did miss?

Because the sub seems very random ^^;

Oh, ehh,...the episode wasn´t that bad actually. It had its cute moments and I liked the Raichu at the end. I totally forgot about this episode because it didn´t interest me at all which may be the reason I didn´t found it so bad.
My expections were very,very low ^^

Yamato-san
3rd April 2007, 5:44 AM
well, it was taken down, so for those who missed it, it wasn't the sub of this episode. However, it wasn't my parody sub, neither. XD

Yeah, I contributed my script a bit late and they said they wouldn't be able to finish it by April 1st. So, they decided to release a School Rumble episode under a false title... no idea why they decided to label it as an episode 24 sub, as I honestly think more people were looking forward to me doing another parody, and thus the higher likelihood of April Fooling everybody (hell, I outright suggested to them that they label it as the parody). Fear not, though. The true parody shall be released soon. April Fool's is over, so you can take my word for it (for the record, no, I did not parodize this episode).

SOS! Its Not Healthy..
5th April 2007, 5:27 AM
Saw this in motion, and overall it was cute, and ok. Most of the episode was meh, but I loved the moments where Pikachu touched his tail on his head. That was cute, it was even cuter when Sugar did it.

I was disappointed of the battle, they could of made this episode a bit more dramatic between Ash and Pikachu. The battle lasted barely about 30 to 45 seconds to me. And the title did not really go well enough to be called Showdown! Ash Vs Pikachu since they barely were against each other. More this episode should be called, "Being Sugar for a Day" or "Sweet sweet Sugar" (Ok they sound corny, but yeah)

But what it did not made a total waste was Raichu showing up! I had a bad weekend, and seeing Raichu put me a smile, since he kicked ***, and ruled the ending. And damn, it was strong little critter. I'm hoping for more Raichu appearances in the future, it not showcased enough, and one day I want to see another Pikachu vs. Raichu battle. I believe it has been about 5 years since Raichu last appeared.

WaterDragon trainer
17th July 2007, 3:41 AM
This episode was good. Croagunk hitting Brock with Poison Jab never gets old. It was funny whenever Pikachu scratched his head with his tail. It really got exciting, IMO, when Ash had to battle his own Pikachu. It was predictable that Abigail would know that it was really Ash’s Pikachu. It was great to see Sugar return. It was cool when Sugar broke through the TR mecha.

ShinyManafi
17th July 2007, 6:30 AM
I so expected the Raichu coming even I didn't know before.

Watching this episode looked so awesome on my new TV...

Horn Drill
17th July 2007, 6:34 AM
This was a pretty decent episode, but Focus Punch spam tarnished it. It was nice seeing Raichu, but, what's this? No new Pokemon?! Le gasp! :o :o :o

Reign G
17th July 2007, 12:12 PM
Hmm. So Poffin is the next episode? Finnally!

TR was talking about making Pokeblock. I guess that makes sense, they don't know what Poffin is yet...

Sugar learned Focus Punch to open the berries...Wouldn't Focus Punch splatter the jucies everywhere by crushing the berry itself? I mean, Raichu has some big hands compared to berries...

So Sugar is definately a male. The Bidoof ep proved the anime uses Gender Differences, and Granny didn't react to Pikachu having a non-heart shaped tail, and Sugar itself had a full thunderbolt on its tail instead of thre cut design.

AshfanGirl20
18th July 2007, 2:20 AM
It was an ok episode, seemed like old times for some reason. Team Rocket being crazy like normal. What confuses me is why Dawn got to read the title, I mean it seemed more like an Ash episode to me. Well anyways I give it a 9/9 anyways.

npdargy312
18th July 2007, 9:44 AM
I Actually Enjoyed this episode

Kenpachi
19th July 2007, 3:23 AM
Team Rocket's motto was extra cool today, looked great.

Medea
5th September 2007, 11:56 AM
Finally, I see this episode and...Meh!

Yeah, but it was a cute episode nonetheless! You just couldn't help but feel sorry for Abigail. Thank God she wasn't so oblivious about Pikachu belonging to Ash. And also, great to see Raichu again. Alls well that ends well and all that jazz!

uber gon
9th September 2007, 7:31 AM
Hmm. So Poffin is the next episode? Finnally!

TR was talking about making Pokeblock. I guess that makes sense, they don't know what Poffin is yet...

Sugar learned Focus Punch to open the berries...Wouldn't Focus Punch splatter the jucies everywhere by crushing the berry itself? I mean, Raichu has some big hands compared to berries...

So Sugar is definately a male. The Bidoof ep proved the anime uses Gender Differences, and Granny didn't react to Pikachu having a non-heart shaped tail, and Sugar itself had a full thunderbolt on its tail instead of thre cut design.

Sugar must've learned to control the intensity of his punches.

Infernape33
7th October 2007, 6:15 AM
I thought the best part was when Raichu came out.

uber gon
23rd October 2007, 5:39 AM
I thought the best part was when Raichu came out.

I liked the usage of FOCUS PUNCH, but I thought they'd showcase some of the other D/P attacks like FOCUS BLAST.

Anaya
23rd October 2007, 5:40 AM
I liked this episode. But then again I always enjoy the episodes with resteraunts in them.

Rebeccag
19th February 2008, 6:41 PM
This episode was ok I guess. It was good to see a Raichu again but I felt sorry for Abilgal though when she though Ashs Pikachu was Sugar. I also enjoyed Team Rocket in this episode but I thought the battle between Ash and Pikachu was a little strange

Treecko Girl
19th February 2008, 8:52 PM
Awww.
I really liked this episode. It just touched me deeply.

DieChavsDie
20th February 2008, 4:57 PM
Firstly, isnt the title "Cooking up a SWEET Story"?

Anywho, this episode (of the 2 DP Eps Ive watched) wasnt very good. It as all quite corny and predictable and it felt like the writers were going too much for the "awww" factor.

At least I understand now where Staravia got brain damaged ;) I honestly think Staravia should be strong enough to get through a TR MECHA?!?!?!?!?!?!?!

And Raichu was predictable, as was Focus Punch. Admitedly though, Raichu pummeling the Mecha was rather intense and cool (for that episode at least. If that had been in a better episode, it would be LAME).

bhrettzerda053
4th April 2008, 7:10 AM
This episode is cool, well, the part when Sugar(Pikachu) evolved into Raichu in the end. I don't know if the gender is female, because Pikachus have differences in the gender and so is Raichu too.

wobbanut
23rd August 2008, 10:28 PM
I really enjoyed this episode. It was nice that the girl was trying to make her aunt feel better by passing off Ash's Pikachu as her aunt's because her aunt's had gone missing. At least Pikachu was a willing sport about the whole thing, and the episode had a happy ending. It was a change from the usual story at least. It's also interesting that Team Rocket mentioned about making pokeblock since they hadn't introduced poffins into the show yet.

(s.i.e)
11th March 2009, 12:51 PM
it's a cute episode i think, that other pikachu had a funny nickname if you ask me:P

Littlemyuu
27th April 2009, 5:00 PM
Nice episode...i really liked it...Pikachu is just cute

S.Suikun
2nd June 2009, 4:15 AM
I admit; I totally cheated while rewatching this episode. I skipped around and probably reduced its length by 4/5. Thast speaks measures about how much I detest this episode, which not only continues to be Sinnoh's most awful outing, but is one of the bottom outings of the entire series. I'm actually gonna keep this short because it makes me so annoyed - awful plot, awful animation, awful COTDs, awful emotion, awful fight sequences, and a very standard use of TR. It's boring, it's sappy, it's cheesy, it's overdone, and it falls victim to every negative stereotype of this show that otherwise doesn't even apply these days. Back when this episode first aired, I did marvel over how long it had been since we'd seen Raichu, but Raichu would later get a far superior episode in the form of DP074. Overall, I'm thankful that an episode like this only comes along once in a blue moon. There might be two other episodes max in Sinnoh that I'm willing to give the following grade to:

F

HoennMaster
2nd June 2009, 8:45 AM
That's being nice, more like F -

Willow's Tara
10th November 2009, 8:26 AM
I dunno, I kinda liked this episode, Pikachu looked cute when it was scratching its head but it could just be me I guess. I actually thought the reason Raichu wasn't around that somehow it died or something considering how old the aunt was, but the ending was nice.

Lorde
10th November 2009, 8:33 AM
Wasn't this called Cooking up a Sweet Story? I could have sworn the title was different. It was a boring filler unless you like happy endings, sort of. I was glad to see a Raichu though. They almost always appear in a Pikachu episode, but this time, the Raichu didn't battle Ash's Pikachu but helped save the day. A nice change there haha. Not too much going on though. 4/10.

Ash-kid
18th December 2009, 10:44 AM
Ash's Pikachu behaved differently in this episode.

And i loved to see again Pikachu's big rival: Raichu.

6/10

KGB13
17th January 2010, 8:57 AM
There wasn't much going on in this one but I like the fact the old woman wasn't some helpless old lady and was actually a decent battler. I'm happy she got her Pikachu back after it had evolved into Raichu.This episode was alright.

wind21
26th June 2010, 1:27 AM
I'm skipping a review for dp 23, which is a filler episode.

I think the first half of this episode is worth watching, since it provides some interesting characterization for Ash. Just like a couple of episodes ago, he finds himself in an awkward situation: a girl COTD wants him to loan Pikachu for a few days to her heartbroken Granny, whose own Pikachu has run away. This should give Granny the inspiration she needs to compete in a some sort of baking contest, and once Granny has won the contest, then she'll be so happy that she won't mind if she finds out Pikachu is really Ash's. Seeing that Pikachu is up for the job, Ash says okay.

Granny is thrilled to see her Pikachu back, and the first thing that she must do now is start baking. She and Pikachu head off alone to get some berries, with the girl COTD telling Ash that Pikachu is needed to thunderbolt the berries. That's not something Pikachu has ever done, Ash worries, so the group head off after Granny. Well, Ash's intuition turns out to be right; Granny realizes that Pikachu isn't her Pikachu by the texture of the berries that Pikachu thunderbolts, but she doesn't let on right away. After a Team Rocket intrusion, she challenges Ash to a battle, and she doesn't let him weasel out of it. Ash is hesitant (this is probably a weakness in the episode; Ash and Dawn train their pokemon against each other frequently, so I'm not too sure why Ash would be bothered by battling Pikachu) but doesn't really have a choice. And he doesn't hold back; he actually uses a tactic here that he uses in the 2nd gym battle: ordering a barrage of attacks with the intent of moving his opponent rather than actually doing damage. Well, it works, and Aipom is about to land a clean focus punch on a defenseless Pikachu when Granny stops the battle. She then tells Ash he's a good boy, saying it twice, although he doesn't understand what she's talking about. It's an amazing scene; the tension is built by the COTD, who really feels for Ash (as long as you don't question why Ash would feel bad, like I pointed out before), and maybe from her reaction Granny determines that Pikachu is Ash's.

Later on, Ash and the group are together, and Ash begins to have serious qualms about what he's doing. He points out that Granny really cares for Pikachu; otherwise, she wouldn't have stopped the battle. There's no way Granny will be okay once she finds out Pikachu isn't hers. Girl COTD tells Ash to still wait until the baking contest is over, but Ash says he must tell Granny now-he's not helping her this way. I think the scene is amazing from Ash's standpoint, and it's in character for him since he's thinking more with his feelings than his head (again, I wish I could be that way). It also shows a bit of progression for him since the Hoenn days. I'm not sure which episode this is, but there was one where Ash was left in charge of starter Pokemon for a new trainer, and while he was on watch, the Torchic got loose and received so much exp. that it evolved into Combusken. So to avoid getting in trouble, Ash borrowed May's Torchic (w/o her knowledge) to pass off as the Torchic from the starter pokemon, and then he tried to convince the new trainer not to pick Torchic (I'm sure you know how that ended up; I'm glad Dawn never saw him act this way, and I think I'll try to forget it as well).

So back to this episode, Ash tells Granny what's been going on. Or at least, he's about to before she informs him that she already knew. But she's not surprised he tries to tell her, and maybe she knew he would. I hate to use cliches and things of that nature, but it's as Granny said earlier: Ash is a good boy.

saar
8th July 2010, 1:01 PM
Well although Pikachu remembered everything, it was felt like it isn't. Aipom was a little bit stronger in that battle.

Lance The Champ
2nd December 2010, 2:14 PM
Aipom vs Pikachu... That was very interesting... That battle should have continued to the end

G50
27th April 2011, 8:02 AM
This episode was ok... It was great that the girl was trying to make her Grandmother feel better by having Ash's Pikachu pose as her Grandmother's Pikachu that went missing. It was interesting to find out that her Pikachu evolved into Raichu and that the Grandmother already figured out that Ash's Pikachu wasn't her own. It's nice that Pikachu was a willing sport about the whole thing. The Pikachu vs Aipom battle was very cool, too bad it was never finished.

20/100

Blessed
11th November 2012, 11:54 PM
This episode was kinda boring to be honest. It was interesting when Ash had to battle Pikachu though, I liked that. Abigail was a decent old lady.

moneylesswario
23rd January 2013, 9:00 PM
I was looking forward to this episode when the commerical showed Ash battling Pikachu, but then the battle was stopped (Cartoon Network practially showed the entire battle in the commerical for this episode!). Disappointing, to say the least.

~marioluigifan05

Brownie
15th March 2013, 7:53 PM
Cooking Up A Sweet Story!

This episode starts off with Ash and Dawn training, when a pretty woman (who Brock falls in love with, who didn't see this coming?) asks to borrow Pikachu. Plot convenience anyone?

Anyway, she leads them to a bakery, where her grandmother is, and it turns out she's been down ever since her Pikachu (named Sugar) just up and left. So they get Pikachu to pretend to be Sugar (Sugar scratched itself with its tail sometimes), and it works for a while. The old lady and "Sugar" then head outside to pick berries...yawn...boring. Team Rocket is shoehorned into the plot, of course, they blast off. Then the old lady asks for a battle, and Aipom is sent to battle Pikachu. The battle is pretty lame, and also short-lived (this is the best they can do with a premise of Ash battling his own Pikachu?). Just when it looks like Aipom has Pikachu cornered, the old woman stops the battle. Ash decides to tell her the truth, but Abigail already knew - Pikachu's method was different from Sugar's - Sugar wasn't strong enough to do it, so she left.

WHAT?! This makes no sense! Why couldn't Sugar just TRAIN? And also, how did she know that Sugar didn't just come back stronger? Ugh...back to the episode. An arm grabs Pikachu, and guess what, it's Team Rocket again. All attempts to beat them fail, until a Raichu, who is revealed to be Sugar, beats them up (Had enough plot convenience? Too bad!), and everything is back to normal. The episode ends with everyone eating cake, praising Sugar, and moving on...

They wasted Raichu's first DP appearance on THIS episode?!