PDA

View Full Version : Oh Do You Know The Poffin Plan? (493)

Serebii
30th March 2007, 3:01 PM
http://www.serebii.net/anime/NextOn/493.jpgThe Gifted Roserade & The Flower Legend!

Ash & Co. finally get to Floaroma City, home of the next Pokémon Contest. Dawn is eager to start creating Poffin in order to improve her Pokémon's contest performance. However, when in the shop, watched over a Roserade, they get mysteriously attacked...

Visit The Episode Guide (http://www.serebii.net/anime/epiguide/shinou/493.shtml)

Discuss

Amaranth
30th March 2007, 4:52 PM
Awsome Eppy Rose Looks So Cute, What Was With Snorlax ? O_o;

~ James

Celebitwo
30th March 2007, 6:25 PM
I thought it was interesting to see both Carnivine and Cacnea 'hugging' James. I think that most people thought that if both of them tried to do it at the same time then they would start fighting, but aparently not

Jonah
30th March 2007, 7:56 PM
Cancea & Dustox are still alive?

Wow.

Snorlax was from a flashback of Roserade's victories.

PANCAKE
30th March 2007, 8:29 PM
Can't wait to see this eppy in motion. From the look of the pics, Roserade had a pretty good debut. Looks like Crogunk was keeping Brock in check from raging hormones. Funny how it was in the background threatening Brock with it's poison stab. I also must say this is another episode that screams for avatars.

cassius335
30th March 2007, 8:32 PM
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v466/unown_/attach/mv10/dp-024-mv10-01.jpg

Please mean what i think it does...

FireFalcon
30th March 2007, 8:34 PM
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v466/unown_/attach/mv10/dp-024-mv10-01.jpg

no, its probable not what you think.

S.Suikun
30th March 2007, 10:27 PM
Rapidfire talkback!

- Hooray! Medias res is gone!
- Hmm...Leaf Storm?
- Have we heard the Sandgem Town theme before in the anime?
- Roserade looks emo.
- Oh snap! Dawn actually USED her Poketch!
- LMFAO @ Brock stopping flirting just as Croagunk is about to sock him.
- Amusing rehash of the sour Pokeblock scene in Lilycove.
- Ash has brain damage!
- Sorry, Shinjou, but that house shaking was the worst usage of CG in recent memory.
- *expects Meowth to suddenly start singing Stairway to Heaven*
- Yay for Croagunk battling!
- Roserade's wearing a turban! Maybe it'll get in a fight with Carnivine and they'll both use Explosion!
- I'm liking Counter/Mirror Coat's new look.
- As much as I love Movie 8's music, it's starting to become overused.
- Brock and Dawn begin Power Rangers formation!
- LOL, Pachirisu and Buneary try to convince Piplup to eat the Poffin first.

Actually kind of a boring episode. Hopefully Roserade will get redemption with Natane.

Rizardon
30th March 2007, 11:18 PM
no, its probable not what you think.

Is that already confirmed?

P.S: I know i shouldnt be asking for it, but can someone contact me regarding episodes? I searched all over the net but no luck finding them..

Geodude
30th March 2007, 11:20 PM
That Roserade was cool, it was like the Pokemon version of a superhero, costume and all. :p

Korobooshi Kojiro
31st March 2007, 12:18 AM
And the Lotad reminded me of some annoying little kid that worships the hero...

Anyway, this episode (haven't watched it fully yet) has made me a fan of the Roserade. I am looking foward too seeing Natane's.

RageKaiser
31st March 2007, 2:19 AM
I don't know why, But IMO(Not to make anyone flame me) this is the best episode i've seen. I'm not sure what it was, But this episode just really captured my interest, made me laugh multiple times, and seemed to have everything of a good pokemon episode, Even if it can be classified as a filler.

The new ending also, Is very good IMO, I like the song, and the Scenes scream "win" (Especially the snow scene)

Korobooshi Kojiro
31st March 2007, 2:24 AM
It had some pretty good animation and humour for one.

uber gon
31st March 2007, 2:34 AM
Meh, that Roserade sure had some security issues.

≈*Virulent Tsunami*≈
31st March 2007, 3:35 AM
Monstrous Pic

If you interpret that as Pidgeot's head somehow having become ridiculously swollen, then yes, it does mean what you think it does!

- Roserade's wearing a turban! Maybe it'll get in a fight with Carnivine and they'll both use Explosion!

I laughed.

Cor
31st March 2007, 5:01 AM
I liked this Episode.
Coragunk threatining Brock, lol.

What was that girls name anyway?

Mythic Mist
31st March 2007, 5:10 AM
I loved that all of Team Rocket's pokemon did something...except Seviper. O.o Odd. That thing ALWAYS battles, yet, today, everyone EXCEPT it did something. Even Mime Jr! The way it came down to Tickle Rozerade was hilarious >_> I also liked How Pachirisu was just running around after it had the horrible poffin. >_>

EDIT: More observations! The way the music stops when Carnivine and Cacnea come out is hilarious. Also, Wobbufet and Mime Jr are Driving XD

kh_freak1014
31st March 2007, 8:20 AM
i wanna watch this episode

Ashy Boy
31st March 2007, 9:50 AM
Team Rocket actually did come close to victory (or at least beating Ash & Co), but then I'm not impressed. Although, they are becoming more sinister in each episode of D/P(in a silly way)

Maestro Kinético
31st March 2007, 11:36 AM
The scene at the begining looks great, reminds me of Kanto. I love the look of Roserade at night. But then morning comes and the episode goes downhill IMO, nothing really happens. Just another battle with TR and end of episode.

So sad, it started great.

Hyourinmaru
31st March 2007, 11:57 AM
Heh, I liked this episode. Turban!Roserade was awesome, and I can't wait for Natane to use it <3.

And I just remembered Hikari's Poketch. Glad to see the writers remembered too 8D

Korobooshi Kojiro
31st March 2007, 3:08 PM
I found this to be a pretty enjoyable filler, with a interesting plot, funny humour, and neato animation.

It also was pretty cool how Mild-Mannered Roserade became some ledgendary, SUPAA HEYRO! when it put on that scarf.

Seeing all the Group's Pokemon hanging out in the Pofin Shop is always a plus, as it makes it seem more like a family, and seeing Dustox, Cacnea, and Carnvine (who none of those have appeared since the Staravia episode amazingly) is always a plus.

And Cacnea + Carnvine = win.

And all the little cute expressions, like when Brock was threatened by Croagunk, were made of win.

All in all, a nice filler. :)

Haruki
31st March 2007, 9:49 PM
Wow, another great episode! ^^

Full of funny scenes, action, drama, character development, good animation, nice touches... It rocked.

I loved how Roserade took care of girl's garden all along at night without her knowing of it. Ha, too bad Rose only gets all bad-*** when it wears that red... thing. XD

Team Rocket was an another good point of the episode... I only missed Seviper. Mime Jr., Cacnea, Carnivine... It looked like, if it weren't Roserade, they would own Ash & Co. this time. =P

Also, I think that Roserade was a male, because its cap was kinda short. And, by the way, I liked the legend of Sonoo town too -- the city once suffered from drying, but a Goddess (she seems like one) saved it, making flowers sprout all over the place. Lovely. <3

Overral, I really loved this one-hour special... Here's hoping next week's are just as good as this!

http://img478.imageshack.us/img478/9954/96482735mu2.jpg

LOL!

- Haruki.

Gravy
1st April 2007, 12:36 PM
I was annoyed by the fact that Roserade seemed to play second fiddle to some plot about making...well...whatever the hell Pofin is supposed to be, in the filler girl's kitchen. Needed a ladle or two if more superhero ack-tee-eye-oh-en imo. I mean c'mon; Mild mannered Roserade that destroys all sort of ne'er-do-wells under the guise of SuperScarfy. Fanboy Lotad. MILD MANNERED ROSERADE.
It wasn't a bad episode at all, and I enjoyed almost every bit of it infact. There was an ample amount of humour in there, the animation was nice (which should be a big 'duh' by this point) and the characters actually seemed to accomplish something (despite the fact that we'll probably not hear much about Poffin anyway). It's just disspointing to see a cool superhero plot go to waste, that's all.

Team Rocket were fun this time around. They always are, of course, but this time they kinda upped the anté, to the point where you could chuckle at even the slightest movement. Such as James leaning over the roof of the mech and screaming for Manene to tickle 'rade. And Wobbuffet being put in charge of actually controlling the mech, springing up and blocking attacks with glee.
Also, I'd just like to point out that I'm glad Brock stayed on the cast now, because I'm actually laughing at his antics these days. Croagunk really has helped to make the guy a more entertaining character, even if what he's doing is essentially just the same old, same old.
And hey, I could tolerate Hikari a little more than usual! And she actually stood out for once! The opening scene with the group entering Sonou town and coming across the Poffin ad was a firm favourite o' mine. Her initial fascination with the town, and her mockery of Satoshi's limited Poffin knowledge made me smile.
See, that's what this show is all about. These nice little touches that can entertain no matter how simple they appear to be.

Oh, and the Roserade was cute. I mean, really cute. Saying all those cute 'Roré's. Didn't you just want to hug it, because it was so cute? Didn't you wish Shuu was still on the show, so we could see cute Roserades being all cute and whatnot? I sure do. That would've been neato-keen. Because Roserade is cute to a Combusken level. And that is pretty darn cute.

Umi Mizuno
1st April 2007, 10:09 PM
Filler characters grow?! Is this the first time? Tsubomi, the filler girl, in the flashback looks younger and has a different hair style then her normal hairdo. O_o I swear she's an older version of Chizuru, that little girl from the Comedian Perap episode.

http://i7.*******.com/34y7o84.png

It's also interesting that they made a remix of Hikari's theme. Probably won't be released in a CD tilll the 10th movie.

Magical Needle Smash
1st April 2007, 10:46 PM
With the way everyone was getting in on that initial showdown with the Rockets, it reminded me of that Ralts episode back in Hoenn. It was an all-out battle, and even Wobbuffet got some time in it.

-Starly-
1st April 2007, 11:02 PM
With the way everyone was getting in on that initial showdown with the Rockets, it reminded me of that Ralts episode back in Hoenn. It was an all-out battle, and even Wobbuffet got some time in it.
I thought that too but alas, Habu wasn't there =(

S.Suikun
1st April 2007, 11:36 PM
Filler characters grow?! Is this the first time? Tsubomi, the filler girl, in the flashback looks younger and has a different hair style then her normal hairdo. O_o I swear she's an older version of Chizuru, that little girl from the Comedian Perap episode.
I also drew that parellel. And Tsubomi? Clearly a reference to a certain Pokemon that bears relation to the main Pokemon featured in the episode.

Korobooshi Kojiro
1st April 2007, 11:39 PM
We've seen a few other Filler dudes grow up, like that guy in Throwing in the Noctowl, Pryce, the dude in the Whynaut Island episode, and Salaryman who looked like Mullet-Giovanni.

Crimsonmon
2nd April 2007, 6:56 AM
When the ending started I was confused as hell, then I realized that I had got the order the episodes were supposed to go in round the wrong way. But it was a great remix.

Good episode also, and it confirmed the fact that I'll be using Roserade in Pearl.

uber gon
4th April 2007, 8:10 AM
It would've been coller if we got to see some of the new D/P attacks.

Who here would like to see Leaf Storm?

SOS! Its Not Healthy..
5th April 2007, 5:17 AM
I saw this, and overall it was all right. The best moment in this episode to me was when they were cooking the pofin, and I loved the expressions of the Pokemon faces how it tasted. And plus, it proves as well, Ash can't cook, he needs Brock. (someone give him cooking lessons!)

Roserade was a pretty cool looking Pokemon, and Lotad's Jap voice made me laugh of hearing "hubba hubba"

P13
5th April 2007, 7:23 AM
A good episode.

We need a Pokemon like Roserade on the main cast, it reminded me of Maggie from R.O.D The TV, except being a masked hero and all... and a Pokemon.

uber gon
5th April 2007, 7:45 AM
Well here's something to pokéshippers:

Ash is as bad at cooking as Misty.

Love to see a fanfic on this detail.:)

Musapion
5th April 2007, 2:13 PM
I am in love with the Chibi Rocket Gang. -squee-
Also, Sonou is beautiful... and the Roserade looks awesome with that scarf! Subomi made me giggle. Satoshi's horrible cooking made me laugh so much! And poor Takeshi with Greggle.
The Kabigon design on that Poketch was a cute touch. Love when Kojiro got dubble-glomped. Manene's tickling amused me.

uber gon
5th April 2007, 8:39 PM
Sunny Day is shown again.:)

≈*Virulent Tsunami*≈
6th April 2007, 12:19 AM
Well here's something to pokéshippers:

Ash is as bad at cooking as Misty.

Love to see a fanfic on this detail.:)

What, the two of them attempting to cook only to kill each other off via food poisoning?

Dying in the arms of one another, of course :D

uber gon
7th April 2007, 6:06 AM
What, the two of them attempting to cook only to kill each other off via food poisoning?

Dying in the arms of one another, of course :D

I was thinking something a little less depressing...

Gravy
11th April 2007, 11:38 AM
I was rewatching the episode late last night, and was wondering; Does the tale that the random old woman tells the twerps relate to Sheimi, by any chance? That entire story pretty much covered everything Sheimi is capable of, and it seems plausible that constant retellings of the story would eventually have Sheimi become a godess of some sort.
I'm not familliar with any of the D/P locales, so I'm unaware if there are any in-game hints that imply a connection between the town and that particular pokémon.

bubblybubbly-bubba
11th April 2007, 8:46 PM
This episode made me laugh and was centered around Roserade, one of my favorite D/P pokemon.

TeddiUrsa
11th April 2007, 11:54 PM
I was rewatching the episode late last night, and was wondering; Does the tale that the random old woman tells the twerps relate to Sheimi, by any chance? That entire story pretty much covered everything Sheimi is capable of, and it seems plausible that constant retellings of the story would eventually have Sheimi become a godess of some sort.
I'm not familliar with any of the D/P locales, so I'm unaware if there are any in-game hints that imply a connection between the town and that particular pokémon.

mh, thinking about it, it does make sense that way.

I was confused why the legend was told in the episode because it didn´t have an impact on the story whatsoever ( or I missed a reference ).

Hidden storytelling,..in MY pokemon? o.O

uber gon
12th April 2007, 12:27 AM

Meh, this could be about some avatar of Sheimi, but this may not be true in the writer's case.

loonatic
5th July 2007, 1:29 PM
cant wait 2 actually see this episode!

npdargy312
18th July 2007, 9:58 AM
a filler episode...enough said

Wynaut?
18th July 2007, 11:55 AM
Was it on last night (in America)? Serebii.net says it's airdate is Autumn 2007.

Venusaur Master
18th July 2007, 12:42 PM
Its a pitty it will be over a month until its aired

Princess Reina
18th July 2007, 8:03 PM
Roserade was really cute.

Zack
21st July 2007, 6:30 AM
In the epi... Jessie and James really improve their batteling strategey by using various attacks of their Pokemon. In fact, I was kinda amazed Cacance's Pin Missle can counter Bubblebeam attack.

We can see TR is getting better already;269;

WaterDragon trainer
1st September 2007, 3:32 PM
This episode was good. It was cool to see a Roserade. It was pretty funny when Brock had his outburst as Croagunk had a Poison Jab ready. It was also funny when Carnivine and Cacnea bombarded James.

Gravy
1st September 2007, 4:22 PM
Did Roserade keep it's voice, or did PUSA have a brain lag and replace it like they did with Roselia? /spam

Korobooshi Kojiro
1st September 2007, 4:29 PM
They replaced it. It sounded okay, I think Sarah did it.

Gravy
1st September 2007, 4:35 PM
"Roserade, Rose Roserade, Roserose Rade Roserade!!" I'm guessing?
Y'know, I'd really like to know what goes through the mind of whoever decides to assign pokémon their voices, because a lot of the decisions concerning who keeps what are just baffling.

Thanks Koji~

Poke'T<3
1st September 2007, 4:39 PM
This was just a filler episode nothing happened... but if you want to see an episode where team rocket really pulls through and starts doing well you will want to watch this i am so sick of ash being overshined by dawn and piplup pikachu can beat all her pokemon put together he has been in SO many battles ughhh it drives me CRAZY Dawn just started!!!

Reign G
2nd September 2007, 5:51 AM
Is it me or was Poffin pronounced wrong? Or have I been pronouncing it wrong? The show says Paw-Fin, I say Poe-Fin...But Pokeblock is Poe-Kee-Block, why isn't Poffin Poe-Fin? Ah well. :/

TR wanted to sell Poffin to be rich, but wouldn't it make more sense to sell Pokeblock? I mean, since Pokeblock is a Hoenn-Only thing, wouldn't buying Pokeblock in Sinnoh be equivalent to buying some of that Japanese candies from an American store? It'd get them more money than selling Poffin.

Venusaur Master
2nd September 2007, 12:56 PM
a good episode especially that roserade as a superhero. I thought poffin would look like bread like in the games instead it looks like sweets.

Medea
2nd September 2007, 1:57 PM
Well then...

-The face expressions in this episode were...okay. I only say that because some of this episode reminded me of Berry, Berry Interesting. And since it's been a while since I've seen the episode pictures to this, I couldn't remember if all of the pokemon went completely mad after eating some poffin the same way May "poisoned" everybody back in that episode.
-Ha! The way that Ash was trying to make poffin was too funny. I only say that because I was just like him when making the poffin. Overflow! Burn! Burn! Holy crap! Yeah, that's kind of like me in the game.
-I really didn't care much for Roserade's voice. And of course, the only time I wanted to see Roserade is if we see a...Okay, you know where I'm going with all of that.

And that's about all!

Cobalt_Latios
3rd September 2007, 11:44 PM
Personally, one of the funnier filler episodes. Glad to see that they decided to make a reference to pokeblock. Sarah obviously did the voice of Roserade. There's a scene where Roserade speaks then Ash speaks, and it's pretty much the same thing.

Now that I've seen the english version, I understand a few more things:
- why Dawn's pokemon hated the Poffin(it was designed for her Mother's Glameow)
- Why Dawn is shocked.

Actually, everything else was rather easy to interpret the first time I saw it.

One thing nags me though: Why oh why did PUSA have to ditch the Heroes save theme for this other one. In case you don't know what I mean, the same theme used for Pikachu learning Volt Tackle In "May's Egg-cellent Adventure".

Also, I honestly cannot understand why BOTH irc.cartoon-world.org and pocketmonsters.net did not have the torrent files. Only Cartoonpalace.net did.

~C_L~

uber gon
5th September 2007, 8:04 PM
I thought they'd sing the title like in "Let It Snow, Let IT Snow, Let It Snorunt".

RageKaiser
15th September 2007, 4:00 AM
Y'know, I'd really like to know what goes through the mind of whoever decides to assign pokémon their voices, because a lot of the decisions concerning who keeps what are just baffling.

I bet it's the same people who decide what music should be kept and which should be destroyed by horrible intrumental songs that don't fit with the show at all.

Anyways, back on topic,
Roserade's voice annoyed me, I don't know why they had to change it, In the japanese version, it said "Roserade" as well, Was there a need?

uber gon
16th September 2007, 7:55 AM
I bet it's the same people who decide what music should be kept and which should be destroyed by horrible intrumental songs that don't fit with the show at all.

Anyways, back on topic,
Roserade's voice annoyed me, I don't know why they had to change it, In the japanese version, it said "Roserade" as well, Was there a need?

The writers thought that the original voice wasn't good enough, maybe.

Power of Fire
16th September 2007, 8:19 AM
Is it me or was Poffin pronounced wrong? Or have I been pronouncing it wrong? The show says Paw-Fin, I say Poe-Fin...But Pokeblock is Poe-Kee-Block, why isn't Poffin Poe-Fin? Ah well. :/

its pronounced pof-fin.

its another filler episode but a pretty good one in fact

Rebeccag
28th October 2007, 11:30 PM
good filler episode the fillers are doing good so far in my opinion. I liked learning about poffin making and dawn giving the poffins and then realising it was wrong was funny. Also good to see roserade too

DieChavsDie
20th February 2008, 4:48 PM
Ok, DP has only just hit Britain, so YES Im a bit behind the times, but I just saw 2 Episodes (this one and the Cooking up a Sweet Story), and this was EASILY the better of the two.

Roserade was awesome, I love how it moves. Completely different to what I expected. And it PWNing Team Rocket and the Greedy Animals was awesome.

My only concern is its voice. You see Roserade, and expect it to have quite a high voice, and then it said its name, and it sounds like what a Croagunk/Baby Croagunk SHOULD sound lilke.

Cobalt_Latios
20th February 2008, 5:16 PM
Ok, DP has only just hit Britain, so YES Im a bit behind the times, but I just saw 2 Episodes (this one and the Cooking up a Sweet Story), and this was EASILY the better of the two.

Roserade was awesome, I love how it moves. Completely different to what I expected. And it PWNing Team Rocket and the Greedy Animals was awesome.

My only concern is its voice. You see Roserade, and expect it to have quite a high voice, and then it said its name, and it sounds like what a Croagunk/Baby Croagunk SHOULD sound lilke.
Did you get the PUSA dub? If so you should know that Sarah Natochenny voiced Roserade for this episode. Notice how it sounds so similar to Ash?

~C_L~

DieChavsDie
20th February 2008, 5:27 PM
Ah, I take it it was the PUSA Dub (It wasnt in Japanese, and England doesnt get its own dub).

All I can say is Sarah Natochenny is a RUBBISH Voice Actress. Ash sounds like he's permenanatly constipated.

Is it Natochenny that voices Dawn too? If so, she cant keep her pitch. It sounds really shaky and kept dipping really low

bhrettzerda053
18th April 2008, 6:30 AM
The poffins in this episode look to my interest for poffins, so I rate it 9.5 of 10.

wobbanut
23rd August 2008, 10:35 PM
At least Ash didn't sing the title. Since it's based off of an old song, I half expected it sung like Veronica Taylor did for "Let it Snow...".

The episode isn't that great, but at least they didn't repeat things from Hoenn too much. At least Dawn turned out to be a pretty good poffin cooker. The part where Ash burns his poffins and tries stuffing them down was hilarious. :D I know it took me ages to figure out how to stir the poffin to keep it from spilling, so I can sympathize with Ash in this episode. Roserade was an interesting pokemon too.

Mela
21st January 2009, 3:36 AM
LOL when Ash was like "Mine's ready!"
And all the other Pokemon go away lmao

Igottapoo
21st January 2009, 11:06 AM
Roserade is uninteresting to me :/ But I guess Dawn learning Poffins was cool....

Rommath
21st February 2009, 7:10 PM
Lol. Ash fails at cooking Poffins. Much like May did with her Purple Surprise/Pink Surprise whatever one it was. Combusken breathing multi-coloured flames is always a sight to behold. This episode was okay, the Roserade ninja idea was a good one I thought.

Fire master of the east
2nd March 2009, 9:20 PM
Roserade is so sweet in this episode! i love the whole im a super hero thing. It reminds me of super man..... hum.....oh well but at the end when its ripped off. i love how she still kicks there butts and shows them who wears the pants in that relationship. lol

(s.i.e)
10th March 2009, 2:44 PM
good episode, that roserade is one strange fellow though.

Littlemyuu
27th April 2009, 5:26 PM
Roserade is a cool Pokemon, i like watching this episode

ShinyCharyZard
27th April 2009, 5:58 PM
^ *Looks at the two short and pointless posts*...It's clear you're just trying to boost your post count.

Anywho, I really enjoyed this episode. Roserade is a Pokemon that I always wanted to see with Ash, but oh well. At least the whole superhero thing it had going on was pretty cool. Dawn learned how to make Poffins, meh.

Lol, what a coincidink...Rank up.

S.Suikun
4th June 2009, 5:56 AM
Watching any episode after the Pikachu cake bakery, no matter how crappy it is, feels like a godsend.

Roserade is my favorite Pokemon from the Sinnoh generation, and even though it would later get more appearances, I'm a little disappointed it took such a backseat in its debut. Sure, it got to play hero, but most of this episode's focus was on the Poffin stuff, which was necessary but not all that entertaining. Like when Pokeblock creation was introduced, there were some amusing scenes with the gang messing up at first. And when it finally came turn for Roserade to be a badass, it was awesome (I can't believe I made a turban joke back then; actually, yes I can), complete with some very nice animation. (Fun fact: This would be Makoto Shinjo's final episode as solo AD.)

The COTD was nothing special, nor was the entire sequence of plot events. And in general, the episode wasn't too different than the Hoenn episode with Kanata and Pokeblock. But with little bits of humor sprinkled throughout, as well asd the presence of the awesome Roserade, I can't dislike this episode. It's also helped by the fact that it comes right after such an atrocity of an episode. But Roserade would later get better screentime under both Natane and Jun.

B-

milenadrg
6th June 2009, 4:57 PM
Hm, interesting episode. I liked girl's(don't remember her name) and Budew's flashback story...
Ash eating his failed Poffins was stupid...

Ash-kid
18th December 2009, 1:45 PM
I loved to see a Roserade in the anime, i love grass type pokemon.

And the poffin must be tasty....

7/10

Lorde
28th December 2009, 7:18 AM
Finally, a more detailed explanation of Poffin baking. It seems easier than making PokeBlock anyway.

Loved how shy little Roserade only gained confidence when it had it's red scarf to cover it's visage (face). I liked how we got to see it as a Budew too.

That legend probably had to do with Shaymin but of course they never mentioned that. 4/10

KGB13
17th January 2010, 9:28 AM
Not much happened in this episode outside of Poffin baking. I liked the super hero Roserade though, it was pretty strong and agile. OK episode.

Ash-kid
17th January 2010, 9:34 AM
Not much happened in this episode outside of Poffin baking. I liked the super hero Roserade though, it was pretty strong and agile. OK episode.

Well we have seen a Roselia and a Budew evolving, it's not happen all the time.
And James's Mime Jr. used his Tickle attack and it's a rare thing.

Willow's Tara
31st May 2010, 9:19 AM
Not really a big fan of this episode. Although the Roserade was kinda cool especially it posing as the hero, but it didn't really need that disguise.

I haven't really found the Poffin/Pokeblock like episodes that interesting, although there are a few moments that are funny.
The COTD telling Ash he was mixing it too fast, or going too slow or you are going to spill it is exactly what it says when you are making it in the games.

saar
8th July 2010, 11:39 AM
Roserade was shown as a shy pokemon, I think it's over after it has evolved eventually, Buduo was shy too.
And yeah it was funny to make the Poffin out of the food machine...Dawn really had troubles with that....

Lance The Champ
2nd December 2010, 2:37 PM
Ash's poffin looked exactly like it tasted

G50
27th April 2011, 8:09 AM
This episode was ok... It was cool to see a Roserade for the 1st time. Interesting how it felt so helpless without its scarf. I'm glad Roserade overcame its self-doubt to be able to defeat TR without the scarf. It was funny to see for the 1st time Cacnea and Carnivine hugging James at the same time. It was funny to see Croagunk keep Brock in check by threatening him with a Poison Jab if he kept going love-crazy.

20/100

Blessed
11th November 2012, 8:58 PM
Not the best of filler episode, I think it would have been better if they explored Floaroma Town a little more instead of going to a ridiculous Poffin cooking class. What was Dawn thinking? I got a laugh at Ash's bad cooking, it reminded me of how bad Misty is at cooking too. The filler COTD was bland. Dawn's Pokemon being reluctant to eating Dawn's second batch of Poffins had me laughing outta my seat.