PDA

View Full Version : Who should be the 6th member?

Yoshipal13
1st April 2007, 9:40 PM
Tyranitar (Phys Sweeper)
Milotic (Sp Sweeper)
Blissey (Sponge)
Exeggutor (Drainer)
Torkoal (Tank)
???

What are my weaknesses that should be filled in?

snatch
1st April 2007, 9:45 PM
Salamence Mixed sweeper/CBer?

The_Landlord
1st April 2007, 9:47 PM
I can forsee Lapras or Starmie taking this team out with ease, with the help of say... Machamp. Let's go with Zapdos... or Gardevoir... T-Bolt, Drill Peck, Psychic

Yoshipal13
1st April 2007, 10:49 PM
So Salamence or an electric type it seems...I'd like to avoid both Zapdos and Gardevoir if possible...

BAM
2nd April 2007, 7:00 AM
How about,

Salamence@Modest

Dragon Claw
Flamethrower
Hydro Pump
Crunch

HERE (http://http://www.smogon.com/rs/strategies/salamence) are some other Salamence ideas at Smogon.

*Jean Grey*
2nd April 2007, 1:26 PM
Salamence, as what they said, give it a Mild/Lonely Nature and Dragon Claw, Crunch, Earthquake and another move. Rock Slide maybe.

bulber
2nd April 2007, 1:30 PM
Maybe a Mr. Mime or Nisjask with a Baton Pass setup.

Yoshipal13
2nd April 2007, 8:35 PM
I don't see how a Physical Salamence would help my team out, seeing as T-tar as that covered...I was thinking Salamence could work if I made more of a mixed Sweeper.

Although the 4x ice weakness doesn't help...

I may pick him though. Does anyone else have some advice?

Anaya
4th April 2007, 7:38 AM
Alakazam perhaps?

Aqua_Maiden
4th April 2007, 9:59 AM
I don't think you should put Salamence in there. You already have Tyranitar, choose a healer or maybe Snorlax.

Alzi
4th April 2007, 10:58 AM
Vaporeon or jolteon would be nice up there.

Amaranth
4th April 2007, 11:23 AM
Jolteon Or Zappy Seem Logical

~ James

scissorX
4th April 2007, 11:52 AM
I'd say Jolteon to cover you for Electric.. Good Speed and Special Attack.

Conquistador
4th April 2007, 12:02 PM
Dusclops w/ a meanlook curse combo, but make it the opening pokemon.

blasters49
8th April 2007, 5:02 AM
Tyranitar (Phys Sweeper)
Milotic (Sp Sweeper)
Blissey (Sponge)
Exeggutor (Drainer)
Torkoal (Tank)
???

What are my weaknesses that should be filled in?
the 6 th member should be.....[drum roll please]..........DRAGONITE!

squirtleboy12
8th April 2007, 5:05 AM
what about pikachu with lightball...its a cool and fun risky addition thatcan cause damge

aquasuicune
8th April 2007, 5:48 AM
BTW, torkoal isn't really a tank. He can take physical hits, but not as well as forretress, skarmory, weezing, registeel, or regirock.

Glen ^^
8th April 2007, 5:37 PM
Are you sure about starting with Tyranitar?
Sand Stream'll destroy your own team. And it's just too slow (anything faster with Brick Break can own it), while Salamence has Intimidate, best speed, best attack, best special attack (if you're into mixed sweepers), and can be a deadly Choice Bander if you keep strike and running.
Anyway, for the sixth member, try something that can do more than one thing. Blastoise can Roar/Haze and absorb hits, Donphan can Roar and Rapid Spin, Forretress/Cloyster can do Spikes, Rapid Spin, and Explode.

Raden Surya
9th April 2007, 7:17 AM
T-Tar seems OK. It has the same power of Salamence, and better defenses. The ability maybe annoying but sometimes will help.
Maybe it have a 4x weakness, but hey, Salamence does too, and Ice moves are more common than fighting. When you face a fighting Poke, you can just switch.

And I don't think Spike and Rapid spin will help much in-game since AI doesn't switch or use spikes much.

Nah, my suggestion for the 6th...maybe something that can support. Baton-passer, Wish-passer, Leech Seed-passer or Light Screen/Reflect-passer.

ANGELeon
9th April 2007, 9:44 AM
I think you should get a water type pokemon in your team. Try snorlax teach it surf. Snorlax can learn water types and snolax is pretty darn strong.

Raden Surya
10th April 2007, 4:48 AM
I think you should get a water type pokemon in your team. Try snorlax teach it surf. Snorlax can learn water types and snolax is pretty darn strong.
O.o
With that crappy 65 base SpAtk, no STAB, and wasting its superior Atk!?