PDA

View Full Version : The Versitility of Kyogre

Garylarsonfan
1st April 2007, 9:30 PM
Kyorge must be one of the coolest Pokemon ever. It can be used as anyting besides an annoyer. We all know about SSweeper Kyogre, but its attack stat makes it reasonably qualified as UU-NU PSweeper/tank. It can learn some moves like Earthquake and I think it can learn rock slide too.

Like I said before, we all know and love our beautiful Calm Mind/Surf/Ice Beam/Thunder Kyogres, but I have made several good alternatives to surprise your opponent. Try your hand at making some good sets and send me some good ones!!!;262;

WhiteWizard42
1st April 2007, 10:24 PM
hahahahaha Kyogre in NU play.

and it's spelled versatility.

the point of this thread was...?

Mono789
2nd April 2007, 4:10 AM
I laugh in Kyogre's face about how Groudon is more popular than it. Yeah, Kyogre is good, but it doesn't have as much versatility as you think. the point of a Pokémon is to win or to help win the battle. If Kyogre can sweep an entire team, alright. But go ahead and name one effective non-special sweeper set for Kyogre. Can you do it? I doubt it.

KingBattlus
2nd April 2007, 4:22 AM
tanking set is effective. Rest/Sleep Talk/Water Spout/Ice Beam or Thunder I believe. with rest, getting off full power water spouts isn't horribly difficult, and it still hits pretty hard.

BAM
2nd April 2007, 4:34 AM
^^ It is hard to do it sometimes. Depends on the situation. Kyogre is meant to be a tank, period.

Raikou77
2nd April 2007, 4:38 AM
Kyogre- Surf/Thunder/Ice Beam/Calm Mind is pretty much the best set imo

bulber
2nd April 2007, 12:52 PM
I put my Kyogre in a Master Rank Beauty Contest.
He knew something like Surf, Blizzard or Ice Beam, Hyper Beam, and Dive

crudent
2nd April 2007, 1:59 PM
Kyogre rocks. Not. It's pretty much a standard moveset. I usually see noobs pair Mewtwo with it for double battles.