PDA

View Full Version : A hacker on #SPP?

Wishmaker
4th April 2007, 3:01 AM
I've been on the chat for about a month, then last week, Serebii started saying goofy things to me on private chat, I think the @ symbol was next to his name, sorry I don't have a log(used Java at the time), I thought it was just a poser that would get banned real quick, the rest of the day chat was normal, then the next day,I couldn't get on chat cause I was banned, didn't do anything wrong the last day, I started using mirc around that time, I could watch people chat, but I couldn't speak, then, a few days later, I couldn't even connect to #SPP, so I joined my channel, no problems for a few days, playing around with my chatbot(I keep it on my channel, it has never been on #SPP), it's been about a week, didn't keep count, I'd really like to get unbanned if it was a hacker, and if it wasn't and I got banned from an Op, could I at least know why I was banned, I'm starting to think it's permaban, I don't break the rules enough to get permabanned as far as I know, can an Op please help, and has anyone else had this problem?

Korobooshi Kojiro
4th April 2007, 3:04 AM
Dude, maybe Joe is drunk. :p

I mean, one time he proposed to me on the chat...I dunno, that crazy Joe.

In reality, the user was probably just a guy who put @Serebii as his name so he could pretend to be Joe.

As for the ban, you probably did do something banworthy...

Neko Godot
4th April 2007, 3:06 AM
Dude, maybe Joe is drunk. :p

I mean, one time he proposed to me on the chat...I dunno, that crazy Joe.

In reality, the user was probably just a guy who put @Serebii as his name so he could pretend to be Joe.

As for the ban, you probably did do something banworthy...
What do you know about chat Kojiro, you're never there!

But I wish you WOULD come into chat though... D=

Wishmaker
4th April 2007, 3:26 AM
No, I only got banned once, I'm a generally a good noodle.

RandomCharizard
4th April 2007, 3:31 AM
Complaining about the chat won't get you anywhere unless its like super power abuse.(which will probably be resolved before you post anything)

just my 2 cents.

Ho-oh Master
4th April 2007, 3:31 AM
I'm sure there are alot of hackers but they don't try to hack Serebii. Joe is crazy like that.

Ops ban me for fun ;_;

Wishmaker
4th April 2007, 3:54 AM
I got banned only once with a reason, and it only lingered for about 10 minutes, the Ops sometimes kick me for fun, I think if I was banned for a reason, It would've been lifted by now, I mean, five days? Either a hacker or an Op that hates me;_;

Virtual Chatot
4th April 2007, 5:51 AM
I tried SPP Chat, but its not for me really...

Erik Destler
4th April 2007, 7:05 AM
Do you remember who did it?

Let me check logs, I'll find your host and unban you. :\

Er.
I just checked.

I didn't find your host.
But the banlist is somewhat cluttered.

I'll clear it tomorrow.
Tonight?
No thanks. :(

Wishmaker
4th April 2007, 5:28 PM
Thanks Erik, I don't know how I was banned or by who.

Ho-oh Master
5th April 2007, 4:51 AM
Can you get banned when your not in the chat?

Kaiserin
5th April 2007, 5:25 AM
Can you get banned when your not in the chat?

Yes, you can still be banned even when you're not in the channel.