PDA

View Full Version : Is double team a good move?

SenorPresidente
4th April 2007, 11:31 PM
Is it worth using?

Tyranny of Tyranitar
4th April 2007, 11:44 PM
It can be, unless your opponent can wipe you out quickly, or is resist to evading (ability Keen Eye or move Foresight). I personally don't use it because I use sweepers, but you can use it if you wish.

ChaosAngel
4th April 2007, 11:58 PM
I don't like Double Team.
It's unreliable and it's cheap.
But, it's up to u.

Heliotrope
4th April 2007, 11:58 PM
It's frowned upon in competetive battling (as are other luck-based moves, such as attract), so, no, it isn't a good move.

mrrrrrrr KENNEDY
5th April 2007, 12:00 AM
it is a great move but some people don't like it because it is too "Hax" i personally use it. It was put in the game so why not exploit it. It is also good for BPing to sweepers to set up an even more effective sweep

SLIMsunil
5th April 2007, 12:44 AM
i h8 battling against a maked out duble teamer
definetely when im asleep or frozen etc,
they seriusly get on my nerves those type of pkmn
a shuckle whiped my whole battle factory team out with duble team substitute and toxic jyst before i got o nolan
i mean
its a gr8 move but there are ways that it becomes useless like areial ace and faint attack and odor sleuth etc
overall itz gud but only if u can get it into d game well

blastoise_86
5th April 2007, 4:46 AM
It's frowned upon in competetive battling (as are other luck-based moves, such as attract), so, no, it isn't a good move.

what about confuse ray?

BAM
5th April 2007, 7:06 AM
Double team is ok in-game, but I think it is an elegal move in competetive battles.

I actually like the move Confuse Ray. It just pisses your opponent off because they keep attacking themselves. Its funny.

bagon11
5th April 2007, 7:10 AM
Yeah probably, but I don't use it...

Sceptile Owns All
5th April 2007, 7:13 AM
It can be, unless your opponent can wipe you out quickly, or is resist to evading (ability Keen Eye or move Foresight). I personally don't use it because I use sweepers, but you can use it if you wish.

I don't think Keen Eye would stop the opponent from using Double Team because it prevents the lowering of accuracy for the Pokemon with the ability, not the raising of evasiveness of the opponent.

Anyways, Double Team can be good, but it is luck-based, so the opponent can miss everytime after using it once, or it can hit everytime after you use it six times.

evolutions
5th April 2007, 10:24 AM
Don't use double team on competitive play, especially netbattle. The basic concern is that it turns the battle into a game of luck, not skill. It gets especially cheap when you baton pass it (eg mean look dt bp umbreon). Same goes for 1HKOs.

what about confuse ray?

confuse ray is ok, because you could just switch out. Other status moves are allowed too (actually you are encouraged to have 1 to 2 status inducer on a team), because there are many counters to them.

h0tsh0tz
5th April 2007, 3:00 PM
It's a good move, but I find it annoying if someone used it against me.

Alzi
5th April 2007, 3:04 PM
Not if your foe has Aerial Ace as a move on it.

kirkeastment
5th April 2007, 3:30 PM
double team i don't really like, but confuse ray is my fave move from my entire team, i've got it on my magmar, ever since i chose a magmar with that move on my emerald in the BF and it kicked everyones asses

Heliotrope
5th April 2007, 3:59 PM
it is a great move but some people don't like it because it is too "Hax" i personally use it. It was put in the game so why not exploit it. It is also good for BPing to sweepers to set up an even more effective sweep

It isn't a good move because it's based on pure luck. You could DT once and have your oponent miss everytime, or you could DT six times and have them hit everytime.

It is pure luck. Surely you'd want to win a battle because of your skill, not because of luck?

what about confuse ray?

That's based on luck, too. So, yeah, I think that would also frowned upon in competetive battling.

And then there's the "Lock-on/Mind reader + 1-hit KO move strategy" ¬__¬;

Expert Socky
5th April 2007, 11:25 PM
Double team is pretty useful, but not if the foe knows Haze or a non-missing move.

AtlantianTokRa
6th April 2007, 1:46 AM
if i was going to use it i would use it with a ninjask that also knows swords dance, harden/protect/slash and baton pass

vulpixd00d
6th April 2007, 3:50 AM
If you're willing to take the risk, I'd say go for it, but make sure that the rest of your moveset will back you up incase your opponent uses a move such as Aerial Ace, or Haze. A pokemon battle is what you make it, whether you're a sweeper, a defenser, or an annoyance tactition, it's all legitimate.

EDIT: Rank Up!

Pacman
6th April 2007, 3:52 AM
Double Team. Is some what, annoying.

Cain Nightroad
6th April 2007, 6:32 AM
I suggest you use it. Phoebe from the E4 used it on her Sableye multiple times. I didn't land a hit with my level 81 Blaziken for six turns! In terms of strategy, it would be wise to use until you are very powerful. Once you can sustain heavy damage, replace it. This is only my opinion, though, it's up to you.

ShinyManafi
6th April 2007, 7:02 AM
Only times I've used Double Team was in the Battle Factory when I was waiting for Toxic to finish off my opponent and the Blissey didn't know any other attack moves.
And just to annoy my brother in a link battle. ;D

Vaporeon4evr
6th April 2007, 7:04 AM
Double team is a very controversial move...but I say go for it. I beat the Dome Ace for my silver symbol using double team. His Salamence was dragon clawing my Salamence like crazy, but wouldn't land a hit (my Mence had double-teamed a few times). I ended up winning using Aerial ace over and over.