PDA

View Full Version : Haze or Roar?

Lee
5th April 2007, 8:15 PM
On a sturdy Pokemon (I'm thinking Blastoise), would you personally opt for Haze or Roar?

They each serve their own purposes nicely. Haze blocks Curselax perfectly, whereas Roar stops annoying Substitute users like Ninjask. Roar will work a lot nicer with Spike support too.

What would you say is generally the better move? I'm struggling to pick one for my Blastoise and all help is appreciated.

Inazuma
5th April 2007, 8:22 PM
Well,Roar is good to force switch as well as PHaze,but Haze is good to just get rid os Stat ups.

I like Roar better =P

PaperMoon07
5th April 2007, 10:12 PM
I think Roar works a bit better on faster Pokemon. Plus, if you're putting it on a sturdier Pokemon, Haze might give it the little bit it needs to survive for another turn or so.

Expert Socky
5th April 2007, 10:18 PM
Haze is good if you're battling a Double Teaming Snorlax or any other Double Teaming pokemon for that matter.

PaperMoon07
5th April 2007, 11:31 PM
Oh. While we're talking about it, I have a quick question about Roar and Whirlwind.
When the first Pokemon in a round attacks with Roar, does that end the round completely, like flinching? Would we both have to input our attacks again, after the switch?

So if I were to make a Crobat with Whirlwind that's faster than anything on my opponent's team, could I just keep forcing them to switch until I ran out of PP?

matrixofpokemon
6th April 2007, 12:27 AM
i think whirlwind always attacks last.
and yes it does end the round, but not in a double battle.

Lee
6th April 2007, 1:00 AM
PaperMoon, Roar and Whirlwind always go last, even after Focus Punch. The only way they go earlier is with Sleep Talk. Thanks guys, I'm definately leaning towards Roar. It also means less breeding. :D

vulpixd00d
6th April 2007, 2:43 AM
An interesting argument... Roar or Haze. I'd say Haze is more beneficial in battle, especially if your opponent has pokemon who beef up their stats, or drains your own stats. Though Roar also has a multitude of uses, but it's more of a risk, unless you're double battling. I guess it all really depends on the situation of the battle you're in.

Scepgatr
6th April 2007, 7:06 AM
Blastoise has decent defenses and HP, so it can afford to go last and use Roar.

Raikou77
6th April 2007, 4:11 PM
I like Haze, Roar won't help you against bp teams with Ingrain already down.

Winter02
7th April 2007, 8:18 PM
I prefer Haze.
but Roar is good too.

Reno
7th April 2007, 8:28 PM
haze doesnt wait till last. haze isnt blocked by ingrain. haze isnt blocked by soundproof.

BAM
7th April 2007, 9:42 PM
Roar is better if you are in tight spot and want the opponent to switch.

Alzi
8th April 2007, 2:52 AM
I like haze because some of them keep on plusing there stat to the max and thats when haze comes in handy.

WhyteMage
10th April 2007, 6:14 AM
I'd rather use roar, because with haze, you can still be attacked during that turn.

ChaosAngel
10th April 2007, 7:51 AM
Hmmm.. tough one.
I prefer Haze for some reason.
But Roar can be helpful in some tight situation.

Arbok
10th April 2007, 7:55 AM
I prefer Haze, since Roar is affected by Soundproof, it's attacking last, ingrain, etc.

Glen ^^
10th April 2007, 9:25 AM
Roar.
You just use Surf on Soundproof Pokemon, since they're usually weak (unless they Baton Pass something into Exploud or Mr. Mime... which is rare).