PDA

View Full Version : Setting A Not So Old Score (495)

Serebii
6th April 2007, 12:24 AM
http://www.serebii.net/anime/NextOn/495.jpgSetting A Not So Old Score!

The contest has begun. Dawn, Jessie & Dawn's childhood friend are all participating. Dawn is completely eager to actually win the contest. However the battles end up being against her Childhood Friend. Despite the fact that they were friends, Dawn gives it her all. Will Piplup defeat the Prinplup?

Visit The Episode Guide (http://www.serebii.net/anime/epiguide/shinou/495.shtml)

Discuss

Korobooshi Kojiro
6th April 2007, 1:10 AM
Dawn beats Jessie's Dustox and Kengo's Prinplup and wins.

cassius335
6th April 2007, 4:23 AM
I still think Alakazam would have been a smarter choice as the battle Pokemon rather than the appeal, but then the writers wouldn't have gotten their "Vs Higher Form" match-up...

HoennMaster
6th April 2007, 4:33 AM
Finally, she gets her first ribbon!

R_N
6th April 2007, 5:25 AM
Soooo....how cheap was Prinplup vs. Piplup?

riosuave
6th April 2007, 10:46 PM
Soooo....how cheap was Prinplup vs. Piplup?

cheaper than diane sawyer.

Deception
6th April 2007, 11:23 PM
Very odd, the pictures havent been posted yet.Glad that Dawn won.

Darkstorm16
6th April 2007, 11:33 PM
I know but Joe is probably really busy ^_^ so let's not bother him, eventually we will get the pics up ^_^

uber gon
7th April 2007, 6:04 AM
Was that attack Piplup used Whirlpool?

ghost master
7th April 2007, 4:39 PM
It likely was tide pool. Poor buneary, ever since Pachirisu was caught it's been in the background not getting any spotlight. Glad Hikari won though.

scissorX
7th April 2007, 4:49 PM
Good episode. I'm glad Dawn won and Piplup learnt a new attack (Bubble was getting a bit too boring..), and despite my thoughts on Kengo before watching he actually seems like a good rival for Dawn and I hope he does return. Bit stupid that he didn't use Alakazam to battle, but then again the writers do enjoy the whole underdog pre evolution winning thing.

As for poor Buneary, it needs to be shown more! What happened to Buneary and Pikachus romance? I really want to see it get more development because so far Piplup and Pachirisu are both 'characters', whilst Buneary is just a plain Pokémon.

Ash6K
7th April 2007, 4:56 PM
I liked how Jessie used Dustox for a contest battle (lately she has been using James' pokemon and the last contest in AG was with her using Harley's so yeah...) and that she used Seviper earlier for the appeal.

And I'm really glad that Dawn finally gets her ribbon!! Hopefully we get to see more of Kengo too.

As for Dawn's Piplup, I'm glad to see it winning, just hope that Buneary will be used next...

Weav-vile
7th April 2007, 6:48 PM
Just saw the pics. Gotta see it in motion now, it's looking really cool.

About Mimiroru... People seem to have forgotten it was the first pokémon Hikari used for her first contest battle.
Yeah, it's truth it hasn't battle much lately, but it'll get its time. :cool:

- Nozomi.

Flamez
7th April 2007, 6:59 PM
About Mimiroru... People seem to have forgotten it was the first pokémon Hikari used for her first contest battle.
Yeah, it's truth it hasn't battle much lately, but it'll get its time. :cool:
Exactly. Mimiroru did good in its first contest. Hikari lost in the second contest as well so using Mimiroru or Pochama in that contest would've been stupid. It was a good loss for her because well she was using a NEW captured pokemon who had no experience in contest appeals or battles. Beside Jessie was using Ash's Aipom who has experience in contest and regular battles.

This was her first ribbon so it makes sense that Pochama did the battling. Pachirisu doing the appeal was also needed just to show its growth from the last contest.

Hikari still needs 4 more ribbons so Im sure Mimiroru will be used. I'd even say that in the next contest there is good possibility that Mimiroru will be used.

Almighty Zard
7th April 2007, 9:59 PM
This win seperates Dawn from May further, since she actually got her first ribbon with her starter. Looks like a good battle too.

Poor Jessie though, all that momentum from that unofficial contest and look at where it gets her in the real deal.

S.Suikun
7th April 2007, 10:01 PM
READY, GO!?! When was the last time we heard THAT thing?

Nowhere near as cheap as Squirtle vs. Ariados or Skitty vs. Dusclops, that's for sure. It wasn't a KO win, but rather Dawn having slightly more points. I honestly enjoyed Piplup vs. Dustox more, though.

Also, for a Shimura episode, this actually looked...pretty good.

ghost master
7th April 2007, 10:18 PM
This was her first ribbon so it makes sense that Pochama did the battling. Pachirisu doing the appeal was also needed just to show its growth from the last contest.

Hikari still needs 4 more ribbons so Im sure Mimiroru will be used. I'd even say that in the next contest there is good possibility that Mimiroru will be used.
Well I'm just speaking for myself here, while I know your saying there's always plenty of time for more contests I was more thinking of screentime. Ever since the end of the 1st contest it barely got any screentime and now that pachirisu was caught its been all about it and piplup. That's all I was merely stating. Hopefully buneary evolves eventually.

As for the "cheap win" it wasn't that bad. However, people crucified May when her Eevee learned shadow ball before the contest even though it was obvious she had been working on it off screen. With Hikari no one has really complained about it when Piplup used tide pool(?).

Dax
7th April 2007, 11:17 PM
Wow! Still no pics. :(

Geodude
8th April 2007, 12:59 AM
Good episode. I'm glad Dawn won and Piplup learnt a new attack (Bubble was getting a bit too boring..)
Argh, Piplup's standard Water attack was always Bubblebeam, not Bubble. As far as I know it's always been called Bubblebeam in the various episode threads as well. I know I've mentioned this a few times before. Please learn the difference between baboru kousen (Bubblebeam) and awa (Bubble), there's no reason to get them confused.

As mentioned, sort of, it was Brine.

However, people crucified May when her Eevee learned shadow ball before the contest even though it was obvious she had been working on it off screen. With Hikari no one has really complained about it when Piplup used tide pool(?).
Not that any of that "crucifying" of May was justified, because it wasn't, but there is one significant difference here. Piplup's learned move was something it learns naturally anyway, Eevee's was not.

TeddiUrsa
8th April 2007, 1:30 AM
Also, for a Shimura episode, this actually looked...pretty good.

As I´ve said a few times already, I think that Shimura improved quiet a bit in the DP-anime. The latest Shimura episodes weren´t bland or robotic to me like older shimura ones.

Kengo´s voice wasn´t as terrible as the trailer suggested. He´s not a Harley, but he isn´t boring either.

Maybe we´ll see more Hikari-wanking flashback IF he shows up again.

I can´t help it but feel bad for the poor Musashi...Next time I want to see Habunake to the battle section. It never had a contest battle...

Nekagi
8th April 2007, 3:35 AM
All right ! Hikari finally won a contest ! :D
It's kinda like EP014 ( the one where Pikachu defends his honor as a Pikachu by defeating Raichu ) !

Mel-Girl
8th April 2007, 4:58 AM
I liked this episode. The win wasn't as cheap as expected. The two seemed pretty even in the battle though Prinplup should've been leading a bit more.

Weav-vile
8th April 2007, 5:00 AM
Just watched the whole thing!

It was a very good episode for Hikari's first ribbon, in fact. The battles all rocked and surprised, the animation was neat, the pokémon were interesting... it had everything it takes to be impressive and quite amusing!

Kengo better appear again! Hikari behaves in a funny way towards him... hmmm, I don't know how to explain it, but I like it. :p

Oh, and Jesse. Jesse, Jesse, Jesse... Will she ever win a contest ribbon? At least she pwned Hikari a few episodes ago... Anyway, Dustox battling is always a good thing -- even though that moth battled a lot back in AG, I can never get tired of seeing it!

Overral, one of the best D/P episodes I've seen so far. Please, let things like this come. And bring Nozomi back soon too! :rolleyes:

- Nozomi.

pokemonster2191
8th April 2007, 5:47 AM
what was with those pikachu at the end?

Geodude
8th April 2007, 7:06 AM
I think it was old footage, from "Pikachu's Goodbye", way back in Kanto. I have no idea why it was there. It was just one of those station ad thingies that you see in the raws quite often, but those usually have footage of the current episode. No idea why something as random as that was there.

Weav-vile
8th April 2007, 8:04 AM
I think it was old footage, from "Pikachu's Goodbye", way back in Kanto. I have no idea why it was there. It was just one of those station ad thingies that you see in the raws quite often, but those usually have footage of the current episode. No idea why something as random as that was there.

They're still celebrating the 10th anniversary of the Pokémon anime, and "Pikachu's Goodbye" (have no idea what's its japanese title) marks the old times. And it brought the anime back after 3 or so months after the Porygon episode aired and got banned.

- Nozomi.

Addydo
8th April 2007, 9:30 AM
I saw the pics, looks like an awesome episode; Was that Whirlpool or Brine that Piplup used!?

Pika Hikari KT
8th April 2007, 9:50 AM
It was Brine. That's gotta be the 5th time it's been posted here, nyaa~

Gravy
8th April 2007, 11:40 AM
Hmm...I think I'll post this here as well, considering how people usually don't look further than their nose around this place:

The technique Pochama mastered this week was infact Whirlpool. The japanese name for this attack is 'Uzushio', and this was the command that Hikari called out whenever the move was put into play.

Geodude
8th April 2007, 3:43 PM
Oops, it was indeed. Sorry about that.

uber gon
8th April 2007, 9:39 PM
Darn, Brine would've looked pretty cool though.

Weav-vile
9th April 2007, 2:02 AM
Hmm...I think I'll post this here as well, considering how people usually don't look further than their nose around this place:

You don't need to be rude :(

Rapiido
9th April 2007, 8:09 AM
1. Whoa at Whirlpool and BIDE. So the move HASN'T been forgotten.
2. READY GO!
3. Pikachu's Goodbye. o__O

Bliksem
9th April 2007, 9:01 AM
Kengo's appeal was IMPRESSIVE. I wasn't too much impressed with anything else. But Buizel, yay! Jessie appreciating Seviper so much was also good. But... Dustox gets owned by Bide... wow. I can't wait till Bide backfires. But Dustox lives!... but then gets KO'd by Peck. Oh well. It was a good run. Piplup vs. Prinplup... the music that played is my absolute favorite start EVER. It was an impressive battle, and I must say that it's easily one of the best I've seen.

Snorkle
9th April 2007, 4:50 PM
Well, twas kind of a given Hikari was going to win.
I mean, she already lost two Contests in a row, so the writers had to show some sort of 'growth' Contest-wise. The only possible way she could have lost this one was if she began to show interest in some other aspect of Pokemon training (i.e. kinda like how May told Roxanne about her decision to start Coordinating). But obviously, that would be just plain stupid after all the buildup they gave Super Contests so that wasn't about to happen anytime soon.

Pochama vs. Pottashi was a bit too cheap for my taste, but at least it was nowhere near Skitty vs. Dusclops. And after all of Pochama's losses, it needed a win anyway ^^

Now the only question is whether Kengo will be a recurring rival...

Jay star
9th April 2007, 5:10 PM
I just saw the whole thing and it was an awesome episode!
I love the way Piplup used whirlpool, but I do not understand how using that whirlpool would give Prinplup extra power.
But yeah I loved the battle, contest battles are always my favourites and with the battle of Prinplup Vs Piplup I was very happy with how it went, Piplup won but only just and Prinplup was as affective as I thought it would be, at the start of the battle they both use bubble beam and Prinplup took more points off of Dawn than Piplup took off the dude.

Pachirisu’s appeal was awesome, I loved it!
I think it was good it mucked up a bit because it was its 1st real contest and the way she used poffin to get its concentration back, SO ADORABLE!

Ancax
9th April 2007, 8:02 PM
Did anyone notice how huge Seviper was when Jessie was appreciating it for it's appeal?

uber gon
9th April 2007, 10:11 PM
Did anyone notice how huge Seviper was when Jessie was appreciating it for it's appeal?

Maybe it was to show how old Seviper is.

Rizardon
9th April 2007, 11:13 PM
Awesome episode! =D

What is the battle music called when the fight between Pochama and Dustox starts? It's one of my favs.

Kengo is a great character with cool Pokemon (Fuudin, Pottaishi), hope we,ll see a lot of him in the future.

Mythic Mist
11th April 2007, 8:29 AM
Kengo's appeal was the highlight of this contest. Really good. The Piplup vs. Prinplup battle was pretty meh. Dunno why they couldn't just have had Iwane and Shimura switch episodes. :/

bubblybubbly-bubba
11th April 2007, 9:13 PM
I liked this episode.I liked Dawn winning her first ribbon but I didn't enjoy the Piplup VS Prinplup match as much as Dustox VS Piplup.Also I now like Kengo x Dawn shipping.

uber gon
12th April 2007, 9:58 AM
I liked this episode.I liked Dawn winning her first ribbon but I didn't enjoy the Piplup VS Prinplup match as much as Dustox VS Piplup.Also I now like Kengo x Dawn shipping.

Meh, at least there's some likelihood in this ship, more or less.

Maestro Kinético
12th April 2007, 3:09 PM
I don't think it was fair, Pochama won against a very well trained Pottaishi (and Pochama isn't very well trained yet). I would have liked Hikari to win a fair battle.

CyberCubed
13th April 2007, 6:36 PM
Piplup Vs. Prinlup, as exciting as it was, did end rather cheaply.

Did we get an explanation as to why Dawn won despite the fact that their points were equal before the battling in the whirlpool?

Bide is definitely Piplup's dues ex move, nice to see it not used too much however.

Great Contest, as always. I don't care if Kengo ever appears again though, he's not interesting and is rather bland compared to any of May's rivals.

Gravy
13th April 2007, 6:50 PM
Piplup Vs. Prinlup, as exciting as it was, did end rather cheaply.

Did we get an explanation as to why Dawn won despite the fact that their points were equal before the battling in the whirlpool?
Didn't Pottaishi miss with it's Drill Peck or something? I recall Pochama diving into the Whirlpool to avoid the attack, forcing Pottaishi to steer away.
Though apart from any issues with the points bar, I don't see how the battle was cheap at all.
Dustox vs. Pochama was worse anyway. I mean...Pochama just stood there using Bide, getting smothered by poison sting, and it's contest points didn't even budge.
Yet Pottaishi can Drill Peck the crap out of Bide!Pochama, and Hikari's penguin is suddenly the one at fault?

Great Contest, as always. I don't care if Kengo ever appears again though, he's not interesting and is rather bland compared to any of May's rivals.
I thought he was better than Nozomi, despite having an annoying-as-feck voice and a cruddy design. There was a distinct amount of jealousy eminating from that kid, considering he didn't seem to be particulary pleased that Hikari had this awesome gym-beating trainer guy hanging around with her, and that'd make for some nice scenes in the future.

Ancax
17th April 2007, 3:08 AM
Dar, i kinda want Jessie in the GF. What's the point of her entering contests if she is just going to lose every time?

Geodude
19th April 2007, 12:52 PM
Yeah Cyber, have you forgotten the embarrassing stories Kengo told about Dawn?

Dax
19th April 2007, 8:46 PM
He was pretty mean with Dawn. He just needed a better design. I think he's jealousy and his personality were great, just his design. I haven't seen that mich of Nozomi but the girl seems strong and that Glamelow rock.

Mah, I just saw the first part. I need to see Jessie vs. Dawn and Kengo vs. Dawn.

BTW, Kengo's appealing round was pretty interesting. His Alakazam rocked that.

uber gon
20th April 2007, 7:52 AM
He was pretty mean with Dawn. He just needed a better design. I think he's jealousy and his personality were great, just his design. I haven't seen that mich of Nozomi but the girl seems strong and that Glamelow rock.

Mah, I just saw the first part. I need to see Jessie vs. Dawn and Kengo vs. Dawn.

BTW, Kengo's appealing round was pretty interesting. His Alakazam rocked that.

What did he do, though?

Dax
20th April 2007, 10:34 PM
What did he do, though?

Kengo or Alakazam?

I have no idea what attacks Alakazam used. I think he used Shado Ball inside that box but the first one and the last one confused me. I don't know what attacks are those.

uber gon
29th April 2007, 10:50 AM
Anyone find it weird that one image shows Dawn beating a Bagon with Piplup?

In the animé, dragon-types are usually incredibly powerful.

Medea
9th September 2007, 3:49 PM
Just saw the episode yesterday and it was pretty good for the most part.

-I completely forgot that Kenny had another pokemon besides Prinplup. Honestly, I think it's just odd how he's able to have an Alakazam when he's still a beginner (not as much as Dawn), but still.
-Just like the first contest in D/P, when I saw Carnivine bite Jessie's head, I was hoping for Seviper to choke the life out of Jessie in the appeal round.
-On another note for Jessie, it was refreshing to see Dustox in a contest again. It has been a while. And another thing is that Jessie used two pokemon in this contest which is nice to see. Last time, she just relied on Carnivine in the appeal and battle rounds. Nice change of pace.
-I knew Johanna (Dawn's mom) was going to appear, I just couldn't remember. It's nice that Dawn remembered what happened in that last phone call after losing to Zoey. At least she wasn't calling her mother for every little detail!

Korobooshi Kojiro
9th September 2007, 3:51 PM
In the animé, dragon-types are usually incredibly powerful.
Maybe the higher forms, but not a little Bagon.

uber gon
9th September 2007, 10:39 PM
Maybe the higher forms, but not a little Bagon.

Yeah, you're right.

However, the fact that Piplup could beat one rather than Pikachu seems a little off.

penngrade6
10th September 2007, 12:13 AM
I thought the battle between Piplup vs. Prinplup was pretty good, and I liked how Jessie used Dustox (She uses it rarely).

Geodude
10th September 2007, 12:19 AM
I know this is belated, but since this is an episode in which it has a decent role, it's still appropriate to say that I'm glad Pachirisu's voice was kept, like it should be for Pokemon that have the same name in both languages. That voice is too adorable not to have in the dub. :p

Korobooshi Kojiro
10th September 2007, 3:31 AM
Kricketune's voice was kept as well, friggen YEAH!

Darkness Angel
11th September 2007, 5:01 AM
after seeing this eppy I swear I saw an adult looking Max behind ash and company. At the begining of the episode.

uber gon
11th September 2007, 5:02 AM
Drill Peck was used in SUCH a cool manner. :D

Ashy Boy
11th September 2007, 11:48 AM
I can understand Jessie being really mad for losing out to Dawn, but I couldn't understand what Jessie said when she was lashing out at James and Meowth. What was it?

HoagiethePokeBreeder
11th September 2007, 12:56 PM
I couldn't figure out what she was saying either.
But I also didn't especially care for Dawn's new Rival. He's got one of the sickest sounding voices I've ever heard. Except for Max after the new Dub, that was horrendous. And I have a certain disliking for when Brock says the word "Rival." I don't know why, but it just annoys me very much.

Venusaur Master
11th September 2007, 2:58 PM
good episode the battle between prinplup and piplup was good but to think whirlpool can be used in a surfing way

uber gon
12th September 2007, 12:06 AM
I can understand Jessie being really mad for losing out to Dawn, but I couldn't understand what Jessie said when she was lashing out at James and Meowth. What was it?

She was ******** about how they don't "pull their own weight".

Ashy Boy
13th September 2007, 5:35 PM
She was ******** about how they don't "pull their own weight".

I'm sure she had to say more than that. Any quotes?

WaterDragon trainer
15th September 2007, 3:35 PM
This episode was pretty good. Dawn’s preliminary round went pretty well. It was cool to see a Kricketune. Alakazam’s entry was pretty cool. I thought it was pretty funny when Dustox got struck by Piplup’s bide. It was cool how they used the “Regi Music” during the battle between Dawn and Kenny. It was also cool to see Mist in the anime (I don’t recall seeing it before). It was great to see Dawn beat Kenny (whom I find to be extremely annoying) and win her first ribbon.

Infernape33
7th October 2007, 7:14 AM
When I saw the beginning of the episode, I thought Piplup was evolving.

Treecko Girl
7th October 2007, 7:45 PM
This is the first and seemly last ribbon Dawn's got...
I'm sorry to all Dawn fans out there, but she's just so crap at contests... I'm better than her and I'm more of a battler than a preformer...
May was better and she didn't even consider them until she got travelling.

Mabye she'll get better over time (COME ON DAWN!!!! USE BUIZEL!!!!)...

Geodude
7th October 2007, 8:45 PM
Uh, no. Dawn got her first ribbon much sooner than May did. Your last several posts in general are making very little sense, do yourself a favor and please smarten up before the veterans on here make you look stupid.

Rebeccag
28th October 2007, 11:26 PM
good episode. Dawn won a contest even though it was pretty close Dawn just managed it. And i liked the little dawn/Kenny moments too those were cute

Ayra
21st April 2008, 2:00 PM
Dawn just got lucky. Piplup's Bublebeam was MUCH slower than Prinplup's. When Piplup's Bubblebeam hit, Prinplup's had already hit, so Piplup's hit both the Whirlpool AND Prinplup's Bubblebeam.

~Ayra~;267;

wobbanut
26th August 2008, 2:59 AM
This episode made me mad that Jessie once again lost in a contest, but at least she got hers with the next contest. Pretty neat twist that Dustox gets hit with the bide attack but survives (for the moment) since it's been hit so many times before. I'm glad Seviper managed to pull through this time, too, after bombing out in its last contest back in season six.

I guess Dawn had to get a ribbon sometime, but it still made me mad back then that Jessie's had tons more experience than her and still lost. Thank the gods for "Team Shocker".

DanChimchar
13th October 2008, 10:34 PM
Yes Dawns Frist Ribbon Win
I knew at the bigging Poffin had something to do with the mess up
Anyways I love Whirlpool is has great graphics and stuff
Prinplup should have won but whatever at least Dawn won

Shiny qwilfish of doom
22nd October 2008, 7:43 AM
i really liked the contest battle, Dawn gets her first ribbon!

(s.i.e)
11th March 2009, 12:24 PM
it was a close one for dawn but she made it which was good, she has her first ribbon now so the first step has been made.

Littlemyuu
27th April 2009, 5:05 PM
Im glad Dawn got her first ribbon...she can be proud of herself ;p

S.Suikun
7th June 2009, 6:36 PM
Halfway through the season, halfway done with rewatches.

Is it some kind of requisite in this anime for a Pokemon to defeat its evolved form when pitted against it? I'm not saying this battle was bad, but man, am I ever sick of that device. I find it a little odd that we have not seen Kengo's Alakazam since this episode, but I suppose the entire penguin line is too much for the writers to resist. Pachirisu's appeal is done well, showing that Hikari is still a beginner and that they aren't interested in rushing things with her. It was nice seeing Dokucale again - a precursor to good things in a future contest (that also involves Kengo, coincidentally).

The culminating battle is pretty decent, as not only do we get to see Pochama strut off Whirlpool (nowadays, I'd kill to see a different attack), but nothing screams total unfairness in spite of the blatant disadvantage. It's nothing truly riveting, but at the same time, it's not Eneko vs. Samayouru. As a contest arc, Sonoo is pretty typical in spite of the vital introduction, and Kengo has never truly interested me since. But it got the job done.

B

Lorde
13th December 2009, 6:37 PM
Dawn was VERY lucky. I think Kenny would've won if he had his way.

I loved how Piplup had this episode all to itself and it shined. Glad Dawn got at least one ribbon.

A good 6/10

Ash-kid
15th December 2009, 12:01 PM
Great contest, Dawn's first ribbon was vs Kenny.

Piplup wasn't so strong, but it was smart, more than Prinplup.

And i loved to see a Bagon in the anime.

KGB13
17th January 2010, 10:53 AM
I really liked this episode! I'm glad Dawn calmed down Pachirisu in time to make a good appeal, Kenny's Alakazam's appeal was fantastic, and Jesse and Seviper's was kinda funny. But the highlight of this episode was Dawn vs. Kenny, that was a great battle. I knew Piplup's Whirpool was going to come in handy and I'm glad it stood it's ground and took the victory against Prinplup. Dawn has been training hard so she deserved to win this one, she improved a lot. Fantastic episode.

Willow's Tara
1st June 2010, 2:55 AM
Was it me or when Pachirisu came out (In the previous episode at the end) they had the Pokemon Battle Revolution music going on?

Volt Tackle Pachirisu! (I don't see how only Pikachu can know that, making thunder surrouded their bodies then slamming into their enemies with tackle could count as Volt Tackle) I like how it used discharge to catch the Poffin.

Jessie's appeal is pretty much similar with Seviper, Cacnea and Carivine when they all had to hug her. Kennys appeal wasn't too bad either, I liked how all three of the Pokemon came out of the pokeballs.
It was pretty good Dawn won her first ribbon finally, although it is a hard road for her ahead.

saar
8th July 2010, 11:47 AM
I was pretty dissapointed Dawn hasn't won by KO Prinplup but the time's help.
Anyways Jessie and Kenny were good rivals for Dawn, who proves shes better than both of the.:)

Lance The Champ
2nd December 2010, 2:18 PM
Kenny's Prinplup was showing too much attitude... Good that it got the treatment when it lost to Piplup

G50
27th April 2011, 8:27 AM
This episode was cool. Piplup vs Prinplup was an awesome battle! The way Piplup used Whirlpool was very clever. Pachirisu's Appeal was very good. It was cool to see Piplup use Bide to be able to endure many of Dustox's attacks to unleash a powerful attack in return. It was odd to see Dawn use a Poffin to get Pachirisu's attention after it was showing that it had stage fright. I'm glad Dawn won her 1st contest and contest ribbon.

70/100

Lorde
24th November 2014, 6:50 AM
I thought Dawn's appeal with Pachirisu was cute, while Jessie's appeal with Seviper was strange. Kenny's appeal with Alakazam was impressive as well. Dawn vs. Jessie was thrilling and part of me felt bad for Jessie when she lost. Piplup's huge Whirlpool attack was pretty cool and I loved how Buneary was cheering with pom-poms. Overall, a good Contest.

Painkiller2001
13th December 2014, 4:09 AM
I can't remember at this point if we get a revelation of why Kenny calls Dawn Dede.
I want to say, though, we do, but still, I'm not 100% sure...

I shall see, I guess, in due time.