PDA

View Full Version : Is this true? Or just a false rumor?

Glen ^^
8th April 2007, 6:00 AM
I've heard one time, that FireRed/LeafGreen's Raikou, Entei and Suicune ALWAYS have 3 IVs set at 0, and the rest, at random. My Suicune has bad IVs (3 0's...).
When I've captured Latias for the first time, she was Hasty nature, and three IVs was set at 0. I then softreseted, and, when encountered her again, she had the same IVs and nature as before.

The question: Latias/Latios always will have some IVs at 0, like the legendary dogs?
The ones you encounter with Eon Ticket suffer from this?

Inazuma
8th April 2007, 6:12 AM
The latis are set after you talk to the tv.
So,no.They change.

Not sure about the dogs though.
i'm going to say no.

Raikou77
8th April 2007, 6:38 AM
I've heard that the Dogs are set after you talk to Celio, I'm not sure if its true though. (It's easier to SR for the Dogs in Colloseum anyway)

ShinyManafi
8th April 2007, 6:58 AM
I've heard that the Dogs are set after you talk to Celio, I'm not sure if its true though.

I'm pretty sure it has been tested and works.

[Kingdra]
8th April 2007, 7:01 AM
I'm pretty sure the dogs are set at the beginning of the game.

The Mighty Wurmple
8th April 2007, 7:05 AM
That's what I thought too, I guess I'm wrong.

ShinyManafi
8th April 2007, 7:06 AM
Eh, that's what I heard.
The 0 IV thing is pure random, though most of the time it is <<;

My Latias had awesome IVs though.

The Mighty Wurmple
8th April 2007, 8:32 AM
Lucky bum -- Erm. Nice.
Mine had okay IV's, pretty good Special Attack, but fairly bad HP.

ShinyManafi
8th April 2007, 8:35 AM
Lucky bum -- Erm. Nice.
Mine had okay IV's, pretty good Special Attack, but fairly bad HP.

Mine had everything except attack has over 20 or so. Perfect Sp.Def. Calm nature.

Glen ^^
8th April 2007, 8:50 AM
So I was really unlucky then >.< thanks.

Is there any trick to met Latias easier? I mean, I looked for her for about 30 hours, using Max Repels and keeping a lv 39 Pokemon in the first slot, and nothing. I'm about to restart my game (again...), just to get a better one.

Conquistador
8th April 2007, 9:30 AM
My Latios's highest IV was 3 for HP -_-

The Mighty Wurmple
8th April 2007, 9:34 AM
So I was really unlucky then >.< thanks.

Is there any trick to met Latias easier? I mean, I looked for her for about 30 hours, using Max Repels and keeping a lv 39 Pokemon in the first slot, and nothing. I'm about to restart my game (again...), just to get a better one.

There are no tricks. Although you can go on the bike road route, the one above Slateport. Go in the grass there, and look for Latias. If you don't find her, then go in the building. Come back out and try again.

kirkeastment
8th April 2007, 11:26 AM
the lati's are set once you read the news broadcast, i've tested it and proevn it as have many others.

the beasts are set once you give celio the sapphire gem and he completes his long distance trading machine.

the beasts do haev quite awful IV's not 0, but your HP is usually 20-23 and the rest are 0-3

Expert Evan
8th April 2007, 2:47 PM
This seems to only happen in Ruby/sapphire for lati@s and FR/LG for the dogs as I tried reseting before watching TV announcement at home in R/S and before activating netcenter in FR/LG and everytime, latios & suicune would have a different nature and at least a different HP IV but consistently everytime all its other stats were at 0 IV except for attack at a 4 IV. Fortunately I got my Ruby & Sapphire games exchanged for an eon ticket so I can now soft-reset for the desired lati@s and have colloseum to soft-reset for the dogs but been doing it the hard way there.