PDA

View Full Version : Shiny PKMN

ConsumingDarkness
8th April 2007, 4:50 PM
To start with let me say that I have never SEEN a shiny pokemon on my Ruby game pack (I have 210 hours on it in just this file). Have I looked? Yes. Found any? No. The closest Ive gotten to a shiny is when my friend found a shiny zubat.... without pokeballs. So my questions are; are shinys found completely by luck? or is there some factors that play in to your chances of finding them?

glenniej
8th April 2007, 4:51 PM
Take a look here (http://www.serebiiforums.com/showthread.php?t=135313)...

ConsumingDarkness
8th April 2007, 5:19 PM
Thank you very much, although I was hoping there was a way to raise my chances..

glenniej
8th April 2007, 5:28 PM
Thank you very much, although I was hoping there was a way to raise my chances..

You're welcome!

The only thing you can do is hunt very, very much! But the chance will stay the same, no mather what...

pochamalover
9th April 2007, 11:37 AM
there is a 1 in 175 chance of findning 1

Charizard_Millky
9th April 2007, 11:38 AM
no its 1 in 8193 or something like that

DarkSpectrum
9th April 2007, 11:47 AM
it's 1 in 8192, and anyone that tells you there is a way to find one easier is lying.
I've had ruby since it was released and never have seen one on there in the wild.... however, a month after i got Emerald I found a shiny oddish in the safari zone. Shortly after I got XD i found a shiny hopip. I got the eon ticket for Ruby in mid-october and had been resetting for a shiny Latias, found one on Xmas day that I lost because i didn't have a masterball and found another one again there that i caught on valentine's day.

It's all up to luck as I had 2 in a short period after never seeing one for the entire time ruby was out then never saw another til i reset for the Latias.

Charizard_Millky
9th April 2007, 11:47 AM
oh 1 off th chance

crudent
9th April 2007, 12:35 PM
To start with let me say that I have never SEEN a shiny pokemon on my Ruby game pack (I have 210 hours on it in just this file). Have I looked? Yes. Found any? No. The closest Ive gotten to a shiny is when my friend found a shiny zubat.... without pokeballs. So my questions are; are shinys found completely by luck? or is there some factors that play in to your chances of finding them?

Dude, I've got 800+ hours racked up in my Emerald file, I've seen a million pokemon, but NO SHINY.

I'm not complaining though, shinies show up when you least expect them.

Cinaclov
9th April 2007, 12:38 PM
I had over 380 hours on Ruby, i found 1 shiny oddish. My friend has had emerald for about 30 hours and has a shiny tentacool and Zigzagoon. So, its pure luck (but i have pokerus, so i win! :D)

UnskilledBreed
9th April 2007, 12:42 PM
Over all my cartridges, I have about a thousand hours clocked.

In Fire Red, only shiny I've caught was a shiny nidorino in the Safari Zone. I caught it on the second safari ball, if memory serves.

In Emerald, I've caught a shiny slugma and a shiny manectric. But the manectric was adamant... boo.

I turned it into a contest pokemon.