PDA

View Full Version : Help needed making new compttive team

ConsumingDarkness
8th April 2007, 6:41 PM
with diamond and pearl approaching I decided to prepare a team of level 100's for wifi battling. So one day I was surfing the site and I ran ito a page about ev's...I thought what in the world!? After reading it over the first thing that came to mind was: time to remake my team.

Ive never made a compettive team before so Im gonna need some help on this so I can get this right, some pokemon I was considering were:

Blaziken
Kingdra
Vileplume
Magneton
Gengar
Tentacruel
Riachu
crawdaunt
Dusclops
Edit: or Crobat
Any imput or suggestions will be greatly apreciated!!!

nubinator
8th April 2007, 6:44 PM
Well all those pokemon suck except Dusclops and Gengar.

Here are the main pokemon used:

Blissey
Celebi
Gengar
Gyarados
Heracross
Jirachi
Metagross
Milotic
Raikou
Salamence
Skarmory
Snorlax
Starmie
Suicune
Swampert
Tyranitar
Zapdos

Theneedleman
9th April 2007, 12:32 AM
Smogon (http://www.smogon.com/) can help you out somewhat. Except they don't have the 4th gen out yet...

BAM
9th April 2007, 3:07 AM
Dusclops @ Carefull
Evs- 252Hp/ 60 attack/ 56Def/ 140Sp.D

~Will-o-Wisp
~Shadow Punch- I know what you are thinking, wouldnt shodow ball be more effective? Well, in D/P shadow punch turns into a Physical attack.
~Pain Split/ Rest
~Earthquake

Thats all I got. Why dont you ask about the new pokemons movesets for when D/P comes out in the 4th gen disscusion section. Here is a link to all the new pokemon. Click on thier name, and it shows you all of the moves they can learn.http://www.serebii.net/diamondpearl/newpokes.shtml

Just pick some pokemon you like, get some movesets, and post them in the competitive/onlile team rate, and ask them to help you with the Evs,natures, and items.

nubinator
9th April 2007, 6:30 AM
Just go to Smogon, Thats where I got the list from.

Kenryoku_Maxis
10th April 2007, 12:51 AM
Well finally someone helped me find the list thing I was looking for. No one just told me all I was looking for this whole time was called 'Tiers'. Even though I've been going to Smogon, I never looked under the Teirs thing because I thought it hd something to do with rankings for people who were playing the online battling or something.

Hmm, seems all but Milotic and Gengar on my Team is considered 'Standard' by Smogon. Oh well, that's all I wanted to know. I kind of wanted to know that my whole team wasn't the 'good' Pokemon so perhaps when D/P comes out and I might start winning, perhaps my unorthodox strategies might win the day.