PDA

View Full Version : Natures and stuff.

OgLoc187
9th April 2007, 4:16 PM
How do you get the same nature as the pokemons parent when you make an egg?And how do you get the nature you want?

C-Rich
9th April 2007, 4:24 PM
1) Place an Everstone on the Female Parent.
2) The offspring will have a 50% chance of having either parent's nature.

OgLoc187
9th April 2007, 4:25 PM
I really want a Modest Bagon so i can make a special-sweeper salamence.

kirkeastment
9th April 2007, 4:26 PM
the everstone trick only works in emerald and only works if you're breeding with a ditto

milotic111
9th April 2007, 4:31 PM
1) Place an Everstone on the Female Parent.
2) The offspring will have a 50% chance of having either parent's nature.

Correct and wrong. If you place an everstone to the female (or dito) ONLY, it will have a 50% chance of getting the female's nature. If you stick an everstone to both of them. Then it will have 50% chance of getting either nature. This only works in emerald and D/P.

If your not breeding, the natures will not be completely random. Some natures such as adamant and modest are rare, while neutral natures and natures wich aren't used a lot are common.

vulpixd00d
9th April 2007, 5:25 PM
If parents natures are different, say one is Modest, the other is Calm. Your pokemon will have a 50/50 chance of Modest or Calm Nature. But if both parents are Modest, then the nature will be completely random... or from what I've read.

OgLoc187
9th April 2007, 7:29 PM
could you make the male hold everstone and copy the nature?

Death dealer
9th April 2007, 7:56 PM
Just breed a lot of eggs. It may take a long time, but is much better than getting a pokemon with a bad nature. Normally 12 does the trick, but sometimes you have to try again (like my rhyhorns the other day..).

Scepgatr
10th April 2007, 8:05 AM
You need a Modest Female Bagon/Ditto and make it hold the Everstone. Making the male holding the Everstone has no effect. Make sure that in the future you ask such questions in here (http://www.serebiiforums.com/showthread.php?t=191114).

Conquistador
10th April 2007, 9:01 AM
So who do you put the everstone on and which parent will give the 50% nature chance, the female, the ditto, or both?

Slim
10th April 2007, 6:08 PM
If you are breeding with ditto, give the everstone to ditto.
If you are not breeding with ditto, give the everstone to the female parent.