PDA

View Full Version : Cloning... what the?

vulpixd00d
9th April 2007, 5:33 PM
I've been going around and seeing stuff about cloning, sigs against cloning, and suggestions about cloning. But how exactly is it done? What do you clone? Is it item cloning, like the Missingno glitch in Red/Blue. Is it like the cloning glitch in G/S/C where you put pokemon in a box, switch boxes and as the game is saving during box switch, you shut your power off. Why is it that I've only heard about cloning while I'm here and nowhere else? Is it all a hoax? What exactly is going on?

ThousandVoices
9th April 2007, 5:36 PM
Idk either...but it's because I don't get myself into these dumb.. EV's and Cloning...I just catch and train normally...which usually is just best anyways xD

the_fifth_horseman
9th April 2007, 5:40 PM
Idk either...but it's because I don't get myself into these dumb.. EV's and Cloning...I just catch and train normally...which usually is just best anyways xD

apart from when your pokemon get thrashed by EV trained pokemon

the cloning glitch is not a hoax. here is a walkthrough for the glitch

1. Save in front of the PC in the Battle Tower.
2. Deposit the pokemon you want to clone in an empty box.
3. Leave the PC and save again.
4. Go to the PC one more time and withdraw the pokemon you want to clone, the one that's in an empty box.
5. Talk to the lady on the far right, and she will ask you to join a Multi Battle.
6. Select Yes and choose any two pokemon.
7. When she asks if you want to save, select Yes.
8. If everything so far has been done correctly, the game will wait about one second before doing anything else.
9. as the game is saving, turn off your game and you will have cloned a pokemon in the pc and in your party

vulpixd00d
9th April 2007, 5:40 PM

I do EV training, and I love the results of it. But Cloning sounds ridiculous...

vulpixd00d
9th April 2007, 5:42 PM
blidi bli blah blah

So it pretty much is the exact same way as in G/S/C... heh

Edit: I apologize for double posting.

UnskilledBreed
9th April 2007, 5:43 PM
I do EV training, and I love the results of it. But Cloning sounds ridiculous...

it's either amazing or really crappy when you first do it.

either you've done it perfectly or you screwed up and everything is lost.

...somehow that applies to something else in life...

the_fifth_horseman
9th April 2007, 5:44 PM
vulpixd00d: no, it's completely different

you may also want to have more respect for me, after all i did copy and paste the glitch for you, fully answering your question in one post.

which is more than any other person who replied was willing to do. at least i didn't come here making ignorant posts comparing cloning to EV training.

vulpixd00d
9th April 2007, 5:45 PM
it's either amazing or really crappy when you first do it.

either you've done it perfectly or you screwed up and everything is lost.

...somehow that applies to something else in life...

"everything"?

UnskilledBreed
9th April 2007, 5:48 PM
"everything"?

well whatever you were trying to clone

kill and run
9th April 2007, 5:48 PM
first off cloning can help you when d/p comes out and you transfer you beloved pokemon from emerald/fr/lg/s/r and then you cant transfer them back so you dont lose them

and there is a tread for cloning in the r/s/e forum section so check threre

the_fifth_horseman
9th April 2007, 5:50 PM
i like to clone pokemon with good IVs before i start training them incase anything goes wrong

lilbigman42012
9th April 2007, 5:51 PM
any1 wanna explain 2 me the whole EV IV thing or watever? i understand that its breeding but just explain it 2 me plz

vulpixd00d
first off cloning can help you when d/p comes out and you transfer you beloved pokemon from emerald/fr/lg/s/r and then you cant transfer them back so you dont lose them

and there is a tread for cloning in the r/s/e forum section so check threre

Good point on that.

I would, but I no longer have R/S/E(friggin' brother) and my memory is really dim of it, so I really don't have a reason to go to the R/S/E anymore.

ThousandVoices
Well In my emerald I have like 12 pokemon I Ev trained...two of them WERE disasters...lool...but My Electrode is the fastest pokemon possible...seriously.. xD

DarkSpectrum
9th April 2007, 5:52 PM
STICKIES HUZZAH!
http://www.serebiiforums.com/showthread.php?t=134181
that should have all the steps and anyone that can help you with any fine details. The club forum IIRC has the pro and anti cloning clubs you could join if you want, it's all up to you.

the_fifth_horseman
9th April 2007, 5:52 PM
EV guide: http://www.serebii.net/pokedex-rs/ev.shtml

IV guide: http://www.serebii.net/games/ivs.shtml

i know some of this thread is going off topic, but i'm still going to help those who ask.

lilbigman42012
9th April 2007, 5:55 PM
tyvm fifth horseman

vulpixd00d
9th April 2007, 5:56 PM
Oh ... So it is one of those Emerald Version only things.

sunny13
9th April 2007, 6:05 PM
CLONING IS WRONG! dont get sucked into this. its wrong.

vulpixd00d
9th April 2007, 6:06 PM

Luckily for me, I don't have Emerald. heheheh

the_fifth_horseman
9th April 2007, 6:07 PM

people have their own opinions. you should not feel as if you NEED to sway them

Death dealer
9th April 2007, 7:53 PM

Perhaps I don't want to spend lots of money and half my life getting extra TM26s on other games. Im neutral on cloning legendaries etc. because I never do it, but the glitch IMHO was intentionally put there by nintendo, simply because it saves so much.

Ben
9th April 2007, 7:57 PM

Woo! Anti-Cloning for the win :P.