PDA

View Full Version : Do you treat your Pokémon like they were real?

Shinyzubat
9th April 2007, 6:43 PM
What I mean is, have you ever taken some Pokémon out of your Ruby/Sapphire/Emerald/FireRed/LeafGreen game and actually given them personalities and treated them like real living things, not a game? I'll give you an example here with my Pichu (Volt):

Volt only just recently hatched from an egg. He likes to dig holes and jump around them physically. He has never much been into electric attacks which aren't physival in any way - in fact, he detests them, unlike his sister Static, who grew in the exact opposite way. He is normally found having duels with Shadow, who is a Gastly, or digging tunnels by himself. His main dream is to try and dig a tunnel around the world. He hates Special attacks, so I take him to Route 101 to EV train for attack with the Poochyena.

So, take one or two of your Pokémon from your game and post away!

Have fun! ;292;

nubinator
9th April 2007, 6:45 PM
Umm. No, this is a game. Which means the only use of pokemon is for mass-destruction.

Raikou77
9th April 2007, 6:54 PM
Not really, it's just a game and the pokemon are just data.

Kreis
9th April 2007, 7:00 PM
No, I think if you treat Pokemon like real life then you might require therapy or better yet a life.

#Gecko#
9th April 2007, 9:32 PM
On the contrary I do (sort of). I only treat my Pkmn like they're real. That's why I put nicknames to some that I care Sceptile:Gecko and others. I only clone Pkmn with Items that I could care less

Haruka of Hoenn
9th April 2007, 9:37 PM
I never did that. I just treat my pokemon regularly - I don't neglect them (if that's even possible) but I don't actually have any feelings toward them. But, occasionally, I do nickname them just to give them a bit of personality.

ShinyManafi
10th April 2007, 3:03 AM
Oh I do. I can be found talking to my pokemon sometimes. ;)

Uxie
10th April 2007, 3:30 AM
Yeah i do...I even give them names...i think its disrespectful if you dont

Manjot
10th April 2007, 3:34 AM
Amazingly I do. I find it weird.

nubinator
10th April 2007, 4:52 AM
Well I give them nicknames but otherwise I just blow things up with them.

Dre
10th April 2007, 5:01 AM
They get nicknames. Most of them are named from Final Fantasy (I've got a Salamence named DRAGOON, a Kazam called BLACK MAGE, etc.).

Other than that, I just pwn everything with them. Run in the Frontier, pwn everything in sight, and go back to MySpace, work, or gasping in pure awe at just how much 300 the movie owns.

vulpixd00d
10th April 2007, 5:07 AM
I ... well...
In battle, I like to imagine the pokemon actually battling. Like real-time battles. Like I have my pokemon use an attack like bite, I imagine it running towards the opponent and actually biting it. And when it's the opponents turn to attack, say right after my pokemon bites his, his pokemon will quickly react and use like ice beam and send my pokemon flying. Then it'd all freeze frame and I'd choose another attack, then it'd continue, and my pokemon would do like Hydro Pump and it'd miss in the game, so I'd pretend that the opponents pokemon jumps out of the way, or I miss it completely. And so on and so forth. I also tend to talk to my pokemon when the pressure is on, a little motivation to help me with the match.

blueparukia
10th April 2007, 5:07 AM
yes, i dont nickname, but I sometimes talk to them, never let them faint and I never leave one Pokemon in the box for more than a week. Most of mine have really high happiness

WhyteMage
10th April 2007, 7:12 AM
I gave my entire team personalities for a fanfic I'm writing. So yes, I do.
I sometimes do the "anime battle" thing in my head. Fun times.

Scepgatr
10th April 2007, 8:12 AM
I play it just as a game. No special treatments.

masterpokemon
10th April 2007, 8:16 AM
I don't totally treat them like they're real, but I name all of them, and I do try to heal them quickly when they're injured. :)

trucminhla
10th April 2007, 8:22 AM
I love my swampert and his fave place is hangin in the abandoned ship and I alsaw cloned fifthteen of him and he runs a company called Swampert police service and he is also called Hercules since he is strong!

dabbuman1
10th April 2007, 10:23 AM
I don't treat 'em as though they are real, but i heal any pokemon that do require mass friendship for evolution like Crobat. Otherwise i use them for DESTRUCTION!!

Oceania
10th April 2007, 8:30 PM
Haha! I do! I think I'm crazy for it - but if anything happened to certain Pokemon of mine I would lose it. Once on my first time playing Sapphire version, I had this Swampert that was super strong named Ocean. My cousin released Ocean and I swear, I was so upset that I just deleted the entire game. But first I sent my other pokemon friends to my coloseum where they would be safe: Bo the Mightyena, Silva the Beautifly, Lana the Latias, Glade the Delcatty, and Palla the Swellow.

PKMN Legend Anthony
10th April 2007, 8:45 PM
I Do make stories but for my Trainer instead and taht has inspired my fan-fic.

Oceania
10th April 2007, 8:45 PM
I ... well...
In battle, I like to imagine the pokemon actually battling. Like real-time battles. Like I have my pokemon use an attack like bite, I imagine it running towards the opponent and actually biting it. And when it's the opponents turn to attack, say right after my pokemon bites his, his pokemon will quickly react and use like ice beam and send my pokemon flying. Then it'd all freeze frame and I'd choose another attack, then it'd continue, and my pokemon would do like Hydro Pump and it'd miss in the game, so I'd pretend that the opponents pokemon jumps out of the way, or I miss it completely. And so on and so forth. I also tend to talk to my pokemon when the pressure is on, a little motivation to help me with the match.

Same here.

Glen ^^
10th April 2007, 9:24 PM
SALLY's my female Salamence. She's always angry, and likes to destroy anything called Pokemon. She don't obey me and only use Earthquake on them.

deltarayXZ20
10th April 2007, 11:54 PM
it depends, if im using my zangoose, yeah, because it was my first shiny and do an anime battle in my head, but otherwise, no.

Aipomobsessor
10th April 2007, 11:56 PM
I don't give them personalities, but I do feel bad about putting ones I've used for a while in the PC...

Cenzo
10th April 2007, 11:59 PM
Sometimes yeah. For instance, my Pikachu's a perv.

Tytus
11th April 2007, 6:04 AM
I have friends. In other words, no.

Charizard-Master
11th April 2007, 3:46 PM
Well....a little crazy but okay..
My Charizard Otto. When i get him at my first journey he looked so Cute...
We have trained and trained and trained So that we can together be Champions. Otto and i became stronger and Defeaded the Elite 4. But after that We moved to a new Region called Hoenn but saddly i have to leave all my Pokemon with Prof Oak. There in Hoenn i caught many new pokemon. My Blaziken who i get from Birch. Gengar who i just found in the cave of Origin. Politoed who have been swimming in the river near Odale Town. Togetic Who was Flying neat the Contest hall. And My Blastoise Rocky who i find as Squirtle being attackt by a Exploud. Then After Defeating the Elite 4 Birch telled me that i can make Contact with Oak and so i get Otto back.
The End
Was it good or not..?

The Power of Pika
11th April 2007, 4:02 PM
I use to. When I was young I gave my pikachu a personality in yellow version. Being so young at the time I kind of grew attched to it due to it saying it's name.=P

Memory serves me well I actually imagined the journey and battles and my Pikachu was a dtermined but happy Pikachu. Bit emotional at times. Problem was becoming that attached to it meant trouble. Got my first link cable and battled my brother and he started wiping Pikachu out and I got all upset because I didn't want Pikachu getting hurt and actually forfitted the match.=P

Though that was the day I vowed that I will train my pikachu's to be the strongest Pikachu ever and I remember that still which is amazing. I think that's why I train Pikachu in all my teams. To find a place for it within the team for it to be helpful. People saying it's weak do actually make me more determined. Though my attachment for it is only nalstagia now. I rarely imagine stuff anymore except for the occasional battle where I want to imagine it in perfect animation and funny enough I'm doing an animation course.=P

The strongest 2 Pikachu's I have is infact my yellow Pikachu and Emerald Pikachu. My Emerald Pikachu took out a Groudon with Hidden power grass once but that Groudon wasn't very strong anyway and missed with fissure a few times aswell. Person I was battling didn't know that much.=P

the_fifth_horseman
11th April 2007, 4:04 PM
no, no i don't

quite possibly because they are not real.

Winter02
11th April 2007, 8:05 PM
No, i don't.

Mikaruge84
11th April 2007, 9:16 PM
No, I don't do that. It's just a game you know.

Watermaniac
11th April 2007, 9:43 PM
no i don't i only say the attack they will use 2 them when they use it XD

crudent
12th April 2007, 1:24 PM
I'm not that crazy to talk to little pieces of data. Though I feel frustrated every time I lose in the BF...

Azure Wolf
12th April 2007, 1:40 PM
Sometimes on my starter and ones which I realese

DDJ2991
12th April 2007, 3:12 PM
well i also imagine the moves in my mind, for a better quality version :D

and also i try to avoid fainting all the time, for example if a pokemon is poisoned or something and i cant reach a pokemon centre in time i will probably turn the game off depending on how much ive done... but i try to avoid it as much as possible.

ahmad_bulba
12th April 2007, 3:19 PM
well i guess kinda...i mean i can be heard calling out the nicks of my pokemon out loud when theyre battling and i jsut luv to think abt them running around and battling byy my side ^__^. but i dont really show special affection towards them,..like u knoiw the way girls treat dolls..its not like tht...

sandslash_1
12th April 2007, 7:41 PM
No not really this is a video game it is not my pet. but i wish all my pokemon were real lol.

pokemonrocks108
13th April 2007, 10:48 PM
Actually I do treat them as if they were real but at one point i was too obsessed with using cheats for my sapphire so I wasn't really paying attention to them and I do give some of them nicknames and I do act like when I battle I really get into the battle and I also sometimes talk to my game.

EmbersBackUpSinger
13th April 2007, 10:50 PM
i do. I love my pokemon

Anaya
19th April 2007, 5:49 AM
Why yes. Yes I do! I heart them!

Vaporeon4evr
19th April 2007, 6:54 AM
heh...this is a game. Fantasizing is one thing, treating it like it's real requires psychiatric help. Besides, it's bad enough that we're debating a video game that is looked down upon by 90% of our peers (for some reason, skaters dig pokemon), but pretending it's real is just asking for trouble.

ShinyFufu
19th April 2007, 2:03 PM
No, I don't. I don't really let people touch my games though, I have too much stuff on them.

Kaliber
19th April 2007, 3:04 PM
If I wanted the men in white suits to come take me away then sure I would give my pokes personality.

Esgalfea
20th April 2007, 6:13 AM
Wait, hold on, Pokemon aren't real?

Naw, I never do something like that. Though I always feel that when I leave a pokemon in a box I'm like abandoning it...