PDA

View Full Version : The Shiny of The Month (TSTM): May Edition

mrrrrrrr KENNEDY
9th April 2007, 6:57 PM
The shiny of the month returns for it second month for those new to the contest here are the rules:

Ok this idea is one i came up with last month on the shiny forum but Venom X advised me to make a break apart thread

This is The Shiny of The Month (TSTM For short)

Now the rules are simple: The winner of each month will chose ten pokemon (sometimes it will have to be tweaked)

ONLY VOTE IF YOU ARE PARTICIPATING

after the votes are in and the shiny of the month is deceided everyone hunts it till next month or until someone gets it.

NO HACKS allowed any hackers will be banned and the compotion will continue. Picture Proof is not a neccesity but it is preferred

No Trades

No encounter code

The peron who wins each month will be added to the hall of fame

No Spam

The compotition is over when the FIRST person gets the shiny not everyone

The Second Shiny of The Month Will be Announced on May 1st so vote now

Hall Of Fame:-

April 2007 TSTM
Winner- Kill and Run with an Eevee on April 8th

glenniej
9th April 2007, 6:58 PM
I'd like to vote, but there isn't a poll yet...

kill and run
9th April 2007, 7:00 PM
ok i am joining it but now you need the poll so did a mod delete the old one and you make a new one or is the old one still lingering around the forums

imbored13
9th April 2007, 8:38 PM
I hope the winner chooses Starmie (hint hint)

mrrrrrrr KENNEDY
9th April 2007, 10:09 PM
Lol Guys Im sorry i took so long to get up but it finnaly is so feel free to vote

Also as KaR and GlennieJ were the first to ask i am making BOTH of them co-owners that means they have the power to ban and such so don't get on thier bad sides lol

kill and run
9th April 2007, 10:16 PM
ok i am voting for i am not telling until i vote lol

and thanks for making me co owner lol

btw you spelled magikarp wrong lol

Ampharos_Spark
9th April 2007, 10:18 PM
I think I will join this month deffinently. I like all of the shiny forms up there. but If it ends up being Abra.... well then I can't because then I would have two.

kill and run
9th April 2007, 10:20 PM
i hope it doesnt end up on shiny unown or that means i have to put my shiny suicune on hold and that would suck balls

mrrrrrrr KENNEDY
9th April 2007, 10:23 PM
Lol im hoping it is anything but abra i wouldn't like two either or magikarp because i might get it before May anyway lol but if i don't then its fine lol

ScorpionX
9th April 2007, 10:26 PM
I voted for regirock, but if unown or abra win i'm screwed for a second month running, so hopefully regirock will.

kill and run
9th April 2007, 11:35 PM
yea i want shiny magikarp and shiny regirock to win lol

BattlePikeKing140
9th April 2007, 11:42 PM
This looks like a good idea. Can I be in it? I voted for Shuckle. His blue shell kicks ace.

Taylor Ray
9th April 2007, 11:48 PM
Go Spinarak..

Heliotrope
9th April 2007, 11:51 PM
I'm in. I votec for Larvitar, since I can SR for one of those in Pokemon XD.

kill and run
9th April 2007, 11:56 PM
so when do we start hunting these shinys lol

ScorpionX
10th April 2007, 12:05 AM
I voted for regirock, but if unown or abra win i'm screwed for a second month running, so hopefully regirock will.

ScorpionX
10th April 2007, 12:24 AM

derek83
10th April 2007, 12:26 AM
i voted bagon cause i think he has one of the best shiny forms, and one of the best evolutions.

ScorpionX
10th April 2007, 1:32 AM

mrrrrrrr KENNEDY
10th April 2007, 1:48 AM
so when do we start hunting these shinys lol

The winner will be announced May 1st so long way to go but we hunt it through May until someone catches it yay Unown is still winning btw Venom X you could still go for unown if you have one you could go for a different letter

Also welcome to everyone taking part its a good turnout so far

Argento
10th April 2007, 2:30 AM
Magikarp seems the easiest to hunt and the best out of this bunch.

corsolakid
10th April 2007, 4:07 AM
This looks like a good idea. Can I be in it? I voted for Shuckle. His blue shell kicks ace.

agreed. I also voted Shuckle. I LOVE the color blue so a blue shuckle would be a nice addition to my team.

corsolakid ;222;

mrrrrrrr KENNEDY
10th April 2007, 3:30 PM
Damn magikarp is winning i might have it by May lol cause im hunting it now

glenniej
10th April 2007, 3:34 PM
NOOOOO, magikarp is winning :(

Guess what shinies I've got: Alakazam and Gyarados and Metagross... Yay ^^

BTW, thanks for making me co-owner mrrrrrrr kennedy!! And like you said: don't make me angry... ^^

I voted spinarak, the best shiny of the poll!! Don't vote magikarp or I'll ban you from the competition :P Mwuhahah

-Edit- I was just having fun :P (I'm going nuts because of my mewtwo hunt.. :S)

BattlePikeKing140
10th April 2007, 4:56 PM
Magikarp will be very easy to breed and hatch. If it's not Shuckle, then I'm pulling for Magikarp.

EDIT: GOOOOO SHUCKLE!!!! Only 3 away! :P

Hunter-Z
10th April 2007, 4:58 PM
I say magikarp, I want a Red Gyarados again.

Mikaruge84
10th April 2007, 8:15 PM
I'm in and I vote for Bagon but I'm glad if Regirock or shuckle wins to.

Roselia---Rozureido
10th April 2007, 8:44 PM
I'd like to Larvitar to win, although if it was Magikarp, it would be really easy to hunt.

corsolakid
10th April 2007, 9:43 PM
this is a tad off topic, but mrrr Kenedy, you forgot the "a" in Magikarp. (the first a) just thought i'd let you know!

on topic: damn! Magikarp's winning! ow well, i'll live if it wins. i guess i wouldn't mind if i had a red gyarados around. but i'd prefer Shuckle. it's on my shiny hunting list. :D

corsolakid ;222;

Dark_Steelix
10th April 2007, 9:46 PM
Lol I voted for Unown as I always wanted to get one again to avenge the shiny Unown V I lost in my old Gold version after the battery went dead :( Lol I wouldn't mind if Magikarp won too though, for the same reason as unown, want to avenge the one I fished up on my sister's silver version (she let me keep it). Though I hope we don't get owned as fast as with the eevee race lol only 8 days and KaR won xD Heh it'll be a while before we can even start this one lol and people will be busy with D/P, hmm what if someone got the target that wins on D/P? Would it count? (obviously not counting wifi trades)

mrrrrrrr KENNEDY
10th April 2007, 9:50 PM
this is a tad off topic, but mrrr Kenedy, you forgot the "a" in Magikarp. (the first a) just thought i'd let you know!

on topic: damn! Magikarp's winning! ow well, i'll live if it wins. i guess i wouldn't mind if i had a red gyarados around. but i'd prefer Shuckle. it's on my shiny hunting list. :D

corsolakid ;222;

I know someone else already pointed it out but i can't edit it s im sorry

Yay another Unowner thats 3 i hope he wins just for the variety you get with them

kill and run
10th April 2007, 9:56 PM
Well I want to start the race already. And D_S is right by the time may is here everyone will want to play D/P.

mrrrrrrr KENNEDY
10th April 2007, 10:04 PM
That has already come to my Attention and sometime this week i will be making a 4th gen version in the 4th gen section. Hunter-Z will be getting to be a co-owner for that one and he is the one supplying me with the choises of pokemon for the 4th gen version. But don't worry fellow EU people i will still be continueing this version also even when D/P are realesed in Europe plus i will add a 4th gen hall of Fame and a 3rd gen hall of fame so you are still the first person to win a TSTM KaR lol

kill and run
10th April 2007, 10:08 PM
Ok that makes perfect sense lol.
I dont even know if i am going to get D/P until the end of May, but I am not sure yet. lol

Reno
10th April 2007, 10:09 PM
voted for karp. because it owns your faces. hatching now.

Turquoise
10th April 2007, 10:15 PM
Spinarak, cause hes so chill. From Green to purple, that's the best change out of all shinies.

Sasori
10th April 2007, 10:18 PM
Why not put on SPINDA I just got him...

mrrrrrrr KENNEDY
10th April 2007, 10:23 PM
I hope turquoise and Sasori are taking part because it says only vote if you are taking part its not a matter of what shiny looks the coolest. Last time i had this lots of random people just came in voting about what they thought looked the coolest and it really ****ed me off because they voted but we would still have to hunt

menelvagor123
11th April 2007, 3:23 AM
I voted for magikarp. mostly because I want a red Gyarados.
And partly because it's about the only one that I might be able to get at this point in the game.(right near the beginning My sister restarted it :P)

imbored13
11th April 2007, 4:39 PM
I'm gonna have to buy a few hundred magikarp from the man near mt moon.

Mikaruge84
11th April 2007, 9:41 PM
Magikarp is winning? That's fine with me. Red gyarados is in fact cool.

blueracer
12th April 2007, 3:16 PM
I voted Spinarak because Ariados is one cool shiny, I'll try a bit more this time round though.

PKMN Legend Anthony
12th April 2007, 7:49 PM
Growlithe 10char

-Espacio-
12th April 2007, 9:39 PM
Sweet, i voted for Regirock :D Does it start on the first of May, or will we not be done voting by then?

~*Olivertwist*~

mrrrrrrr KENNEDY
12th April 2007, 11:17 PM
It starts on the first Of may the poll will be closinging by then

ShinyFufu
12th April 2007, 11:33 PM
Would it be possible for you to include some D/P Pokemon next month?

Inazuma
12th April 2007, 11:35 PM
I voted Regirock.

Hey I see Bagon is winning.Do you people really wanna hatch BAGON?
they Take FOREVER to hatch.

mrrrrrrr KENNEDY
12th April 2007, 11:35 PM
Im making a TSTM 4th gen version in a couple of days anyway just as soon as hunter Z gets back to me on good shiny have you got any specail requests SFF

I know but half the people that vote in this contest do not even lan to take part which lays on the burden if we get bad shinys

I hate it if people vote but don't participate it REALLY p***es me off!

Its amazing how much some people can't read or are too lazy to

Inazuma
12th April 2007, 11:36 PM
Drifloon is my request.

Taylor Ray
13th April 2007, 2:39 AM
Riolu, Drifloon, and Shinx. Requests

Go Magikarp, but Spinarak is OK, ;)

ShinyFufu
13th April 2007, 2:46 AM
Hm, request? Chimchar, please. If Drifloon wins, I won't be able to hunt Chimchar. -_-

Hunter-Z
13th April 2007, 2:52 AM
I've looked at some D/P pokemon and I'll write a list when I get the chance and PM KENNEDY with it so I can see what he thinks of them. We still have a week before D/P, so I've been taking the time to make a list of some nice looking shinies.
EDIT: I already planned on including all the starters.

Hunter-Z
13th April 2007, 3:05 AM
I'll just post the list here.
Here it is so far:

4th gen shinies

Turtwig
Chimchar
Piplup
Shinx
Cranidos
Shieldon
Mothim
Drifloon
Stunky
Bronzor
Bonsly
Chatot
Spiritomb
Riolu
Skorupy

Not posting links or pics, it would take forever. That's what I have so far. What do you think?

ShinyFufu
13th April 2007, 1:05 PM
It seems nice. I'm glad that there aren't any legendaries because not everyone will able to get there within a month (knowing my luck, I'll be SRing for Chimchar for a LONG time), and everyone will be too busy complaining about having to use their Master Ball anyways. Nice list.

Edit: And they're all obtainable before you get the National Dex, so you don't have to worry about rushing through the game to hunt for it.

Taylor Ray
13th April 2007, 1:06 PM
Nice list, Hunter.

Go Spinarak.

MetagrossMasta
13th April 2007, 3:38 PM
come on Larvitar

glenniej
13th April 2007, 4:04 PM
Come on spinarak/unown!!

BTW, why does everyone want larvitar, one of the most hard shinies to get!

Breeding is 10,000 steps and in the wild it's extremely rare..

kill and run
13th April 2007, 4:08 PM
I dont care what it is because i dont think i will hunt it if I am still hatching Mr. Mime Eggs.

Hunter-Z
13th April 2007, 7:05 PM
5 had to be cut for D/P because it won't fit in the poll, so the final list is:

Turtwig
Chimchar
Piplup
Shinx
Drifloon
Stunky
Bronzor
Chatot
Riolu
Skorupy

sandslash_1
13th April 2007, 10:13 PM
Spinerak!! I love spiders second choice i'd go with abra psychic's are awesome 2.

Manjot
13th April 2007, 10:20 PM
I went for Bagon. Regirock is too easy because you can soft reset, but Bagon is next to impossible.

kinglax
14th April 2007, 5:41 AM
Altaria and Sceptile are cool shinies.

kinglax
14th April 2007, 5:42 AM
Altaria and Sceptile should be on the poll.

mrrrrrrr KENNEDY
14th April 2007, 4:09 PM
Ok im not going to get mad here because i can't interpret wheter you just came here and SPAMed or if you actually read the first post and you know this is a competition and you voted because you plan to compete then welcome but from now on whoever SPAMS and whoever votes without planing to compete will be banned from the month of competition and the next month to (because if they didn't want to participate they wouldn't care if they were banned) Also all SPAMers and people who are to lazy to read the first post well there votes will be made null and void These plans will come into effect next month

Also me and Hunter-Z were talking and the 4th gen TSTM will be set up on the 21st of April so make sure all who are getting D/P vote

blueracer
14th April 2007, 4:13 PM
I'm taking part in the hunt because last months hunt wasn't very successful. Spinarak ain't going to win, so it ain't gonna be my favourite. Oh well there all good.

Hunter-Z
14th April 2007, 4:14 PM
Looks like magikarp and Larvitar are tied. Larvitar would be a pain to look for.

once in a blue Mew
14th April 2007, 4:22 PM
I chose Abra, that's the one that's next to impossible. You could a) hatch eggs, b) save infront of lady at GC, buy, and SR, or c) (The most impossible) search in the grass.

blueracer
14th April 2007, 4:24 PM
Looks like magikarp and Larvitar are tied. Larvitar would be a pain to look for.

If it wins, its going to be a very long hunt.

mrrrrrrr KENNEDY
14th April 2007, 4:25 PM
I found Abra really easy to go for just buy at the gamecorner it only took me 4000

Taylor Ray
15th April 2007, 11:15 PM
Uhh, I'll go if Bagon or Magikarp win. If Larvitar wins I'll sit out another month.

mrrrrrrr KENNEDY
16th April 2007, 10:25 PM
Damn Larvitar is winning that means im gonna have to trade again which is bad as i will need my freind to do that and i hardly ever get to go to his house but i will try hard to get it over

Taylor Ray
17th April 2007, 2:11 AM
Gah, someone vote for Magikarp...

corsolakid
17th April 2007, 12:18 PM
could we just bribe a few people to come in and vote for Magikarp or something? I really don't feel like hatching larvitar eggs. They take to long to hatch. I'd much more prefer fishing for magikarp, or even eggs, they go fairly quick, don't they?

corsolakid ;222;

PokemonFan2005
18th April 2007, 3:04 AM
I said Magikarp. Not like I have anything better to do next month....

Mikaruge84
18th April 2007, 11:15 AM
could we just bribe a few people to come in and vote for Magikarp or something? I really don't feel like hatching larvitar eggs. They take to long to hatch. I'd much more prefer fishing for magikarp, or even eggs, they go fairly quick, don't they?

corsolakid ;222;

Like the last month, eevee were nearly impossible to hatch.

corsolakid
18th April 2007, 12:53 PM
Like the last month, eevee were nearly impossible to hatch.

to true. especially for those of us that are stuck using FR and LG. ugh. I lost my Emerald version and i hate myself for it. GO MAGIKARP!!!

corsolakid ;222;

mrrrrrrr KENNEDY
18th April 2007, 1:17 PM
I was stuck with Eevee on FR to cause i can only trade sometimes but i will HAVE to trade to Emerald if i want to go for larvitar

Taylor Ray
18th April 2007, 1:26 PM
Thank you, tied between Magi && Larvitar.

Ampharos_Spark
20th April 2007, 4:20 PM
Looks like its going to stay a tie....what happens if we end up with a tie on the 1st? Anyway I am looking forward to this.

mrrrrrrr KENNEDY
26th April 2007, 1:19 PM
I dunno what ill do if its a tie i might have an in thread vote or i may just make both eligble

Zenobius
26th April 2007, 9:52 PM
I'd like to participate. I'll vote Magikarp so all of you who have FR/LG won't get screwed with breeding for it. Hopefully, for your alls sake, Magi will win.

Midnight Pulse
26th April 2007, 11:34 PM
i vote Spinarak,blue fits it best

mrrrrrrr KENNEDY
1st May 2007, 5:28 PM
Well its May first and Magikarp is the winner which is good cause i wanted to start hunting him again yay

So far im at 800 eggs

Ampharos_Spark
1st May 2007, 5:30 PM
Yay! I can finally pull out my Ruby or LeafGreen and begin hunting Magikarp. I will begin as soon as I get home.

ferret :D
2nd May 2007, 10:45 AM
Sweet im in

Frozen
2nd May 2007, 5:11 PM
Well, why not. Count me in, I need a break from Treeko.

K3v1n
2nd May 2007, 5:25 PM
Me too!Sign me up please.

mrrrrrrr KENNEDY
2nd May 2007, 6:04 PM
Yes you are bothe welcome to join happy hunting

Lord_Sunday
5th May 2007, 11:32 AM
awsum, sounds like a plan.

corsolakid
5th May 2007, 5:29 PM
Hey, I might be a bit inactive from this thread for a while. I'm currently SRing for a shiny Groudon. He kinda takes priority right now. sorry! I'll let y'all know when i've got him and am hunting Magikarp.

corsolakid ;222;

Lord_Sunday
6th May 2007, 12:29 PM
hey wait, if uve got silver/gold/crystal cant u just breed the red gyarados cause if i remember right then in s/g/c u have a higher chance of hatching a shiny if one of the parents is a shiny.

Ampharos_Spark
6th May 2007, 12:40 PM
hey wait, if uve got silver/gold/crystal cant u just breed the red gyarados cause if i remember right then in s/g/c u have a higher chance of hatching a shiny if one of the parents is a shiny.

No because this is only for R/S/E FR/LG. I love Magikarp hunting! Such a good rate with the Old rod. Anyway I am hunting it right now while looking for a Feebas tile.

corsolakid
7th May 2007, 2:45 AM
Well, i got bored of SRing for Groudon, so i'm taking a break. am currently fishing in Vermillion for a shiny Magikarp. yay lame fish that turn into dangrous dragons! :D

corsolakid ;222;

Lord_Sunday
7th May 2007, 11:47 AM
No because this is only for R/S/E FR/LG. .

glad to hear it