PDA

View Full Version : Damn shinys

Bardock
10th April 2007, 7:44 PM
I've got all the pokemon games lol, sad I know, but the shinys I've seen are a trainers espeon, a trainers exeggcute, a slugma In my leaf version which I caught and a zubat which I caught.
Is there anything specific that can be done to see a shiny, I've been the ash tons ev training certiain pokemon but I've never seen a shiny spinda.
So yeah is there anything that can be done to see shinys or is it just random?

PKMN Legend Anthony
10th April 2007, 7:47 PM
just random im afraid. If You want a specific shiny try Hatching for it.

Arbok
10th April 2007, 7:48 PM
just random im afraid. If You want a specific shiny try Hatching for it.

Only when you REALLY REALLY want one... It (can) take ages.

kill and run
10th April 2007, 7:48 PM
You could try saving infront of a starter/eevee/beldum/legendary
and if it is not shiny then soft reset

To soft reset:a, b, select, start at the same time

payne
10th April 2007, 7:51 PM
sadly its random but if youre lucky youll find one

Ben
10th April 2007, 7:53 PM
Yeah, unfortunately it's random. I think the chance of finding a shiny is 1/8192, so if you want a shiny you need determination and a lot of luck.

Mikaruge84
10th April 2007, 8:23 PM
Only when you REALLY REALLY want one... It (can) take ages.

Yeah, I've found all my shinies when I 'm not thinking that I find a shiny.

Gribman92
10th April 2007, 8:50 PM
I have played all the games too and only ever got a Shiney Weedle

Omega
10th April 2007, 8:52 PM
I ahve 3 games and only after 100+ hours in my emerald did i find one.

metal mewtwo
11th April 2007, 2:47 AM
shinys bug me i have 3 but they still are sooooooooooooo annoying

kinglax
11th April 2007, 2:58 AM
I just caught my first ever shiny, a zubat, now a level 42 crobat. I might clone it if anyone would like to trade.

Expert Evan
11th April 2007, 3:21 AM
If you're lucky to get a shiny ditto, or even a shiny smeargle that knows transform (sleep trick in R/S) like mine, it can go into battle, and the one it transforms into, it can take on its shiny form. Neat trick.

blendmaster0505
11th April 2007, 3:35 AM
The only shiny I ever had was a Wailmer, and I wasn't counting on it. So you have to be lucky.

signed-
Gregory ;026;

Roselia---Rozureido
11th April 2007, 5:28 AM
This is just me, but I personally like soft resetting the best. I've gotten a shiny by SRing twice, one on the first day, and the other on the third day.

BAM
11th April 2007, 6:02 AM
All shiny hunting is based around is luck.

Conquistador
11th April 2007, 7:29 AM
Sadly, it is 100% random.

1 in 8192 chance (approx, it's something like that.)

Arbok
11th April 2007, 9:55 AM
shinys bug me i have 3 but they still are sooooooooooooo annoying

Just because you've to be lucky to find one?

Ali_q8
11th April 2007, 1:53 PM
i never saw i shiny pokemon

will only one and back then i didn't know what a shiny is

" i shiny noctowl " and it was when ash caught his shiny !!

Iran
11th April 2007, 2:00 PM
To find shiny it really rare and luck

I used to have shiny rayquaza and whenever it comes out of pokemon 3 stars goes around it

Littlemyuu
11th April 2007, 2:17 PM
you must be really lucky to find one...
i saw a geodude but he kills himself -_-

kill and run
11th April 2007, 2:20 PM
That is why you always have to have extra Masterballs in your bag. For those that Roar, Wirlwind, and Self-Destucts away. I would hate to lose a shiny that way. lol

glenniej
11th April 2007, 2:26 PM
I can add something to that:

DON'T EVER HUNT WHEN YOUR BATTERIES ARE LOW, you might lose a shiny!!

(I haven't experienced it, but some here have..)

Charizard-Master
11th April 2007, 2:26 PM
MILJONS of people ask the same:

NO it's Random

scissorX
11th April 2007, 2:31 PM
I have a few shinies but the place I see them most is sadly against trainers in the Battle Frontier.

kill and run
11th April 2007, 2:31 PM
Yes if you see your battery on red, then put that charger in use. lol Also, try to stay away from the Safari Zone as much as possible when hunting for shinys, although I was lucky that mine didnt run away from me. lol

Omega
11th April 2007, 4:42 PM
Ya i found a shiny nidorano and i onyl had one safari ball left, it got away.

rippersteveM5
12th April 2007, 4:12 AM
You think you've got it bad! I played 390 hours on my Sapphire before I even met a shiny! (It was a magikarp) and I've never seen a shiny on my FireRed (except in trainer tower, which are preset). Consider yourself lucky!

flyboy1308
12th April 2007, 5:48 AM
I saw a shiny Linoone in a Battle Tent. Sooooo frustrating that I couldn't even attempt to catch it.

cheetahd586
12th April 2007, 5:14 PM
I have yet to see a shiny Pokemon, truth be told they don't mean ALL that much to me, but it would be nice.

Andren
12th April 2007, 6:16 PM
I've seen only 1 Shiny Swablu, and caught it (yay!).

Working on getting it to an Altaria, because Golden Altaria would pwn so much more.

Anybody have Shiny Torchic?

sandslash_1
12th April 2007, 6:30 PM
very random/rare to even see a shiny i've only had 19 lol waiting for the 20th and even to find 1 u have 2 be very lucky. as for shiny's like Raquazza save before u battle him and if ur very lucky u'll have a shiny Raquazza.

sexynachosupreme
12th April 2007, 6:54 PM
You could try saving infront of a starter/eevee/beldum/legendary
and if it is not shiny then soft reset

To soft reset:a, b, select, start at the same time

my nds cant soft reset (or mabye im a total spazz and im tollay embarrising myself now) but it doesnt matter right?

just for the record, im standing infront of my starter pokemon in firered..and when i pick it..it can be a shiny? if not i can reset and mabye get one then? sure odds are superb slimm but i want oonnneee!!!><

:)

sexynachosupreme
12th April 2007, 7:02 PM
i played sahpire ruby firered leafgreen and never ever saw a freakin shiny...and i did my share of time ill tell ya that:-p

Demon-gamer
7th July 2007, 10:17 AM
it is 1/8192 (around that -something impossible) and that doesnt mean that after 8191 pokemon the next will be shiny. in the metal gens when u breed for a certain shiny eg. u want a hoothoot. have a female hoothoot and a male shiny-ditto or sumthin that can bred with hoothoot caus it becomes 1/64 chance with a shiny breeding with regular.

i rekon if u can trade a pokemon 2 crystal/gold/silver then breed with a shiny u can determine what the shiny will be. but in any other gen breeding with a shiny will still be 1/8192. kind of a bummer eh.
takes a lot of determination for something not really worth the long wait.

also opponents can have shinys and r the same odds as well. same with battle tower/frontier trainers they arent preset they are just randomly made when u begin the battle

BlazingKen
7th July 2007, 11:03 AM
Don't worry about shinies. I only have one shiny and thats a lvl29 magikarp that I found at the safari zone. There not that different from normal pokemon any more except that they look quite cool

mallubear07
7th July 2007, 1:57 PM
1/8152 of seeing a shiny and then catching it

Anaya
8th July 2007, 7:19 AM
100% random I'm afraid. :(.

Evil Genius
8th July 2007, 9:15 AM
Its random, apart from Gamesharks.

Dark FireBird
8th July 2007, 3:07 PM
pure dumb luck for finding a shiny i'm afraid! you just have to be really patient, really lucky and just keep at it. you'll probably find 1 when your'e least expecting it and not actually looking for it- that's what happened with my 2 anyway.

dinhd101
10th July 2007, 8:06 AM
my friend has found at least 50 shinies and i've found none:( we've been playing for the same amount of time, but he seems to just get a million shinies

Jeebus
11th July 2007, 5:29 AM
Well in my opinion your lucky to even see one ... I have played 560+ hours and havent even SEEN one, how sad and unlucky is that? iIfilled 6 box's 10-13 times full of beldum trying to get a shiny one.

ThegameHHH
11th July 2007, 5:39 AM
Yeah, over all my time playing i have never seen a shiny, not even inside the battle tower.

TheMoonman
11th July 2007, 5:42 AM
I've yet to meet a shiny myself in D/P, and I've already packed in 163 hours into the game. I say just don't look for them at all. If you do see one, by all means go catch it and jump up and down with joy. Other than that, I wouldn't try and hunt one down like a ruthless maniac; takes most of the fun out of the game.

xgina
11th July 2007, 5:42 AM
i saw a fair few shinies

i win ^_^

P_S_B
11th July 2007, 5:45 AM
Bulbapedia says that the trainer I.D. number has something to do with the shiny rate, which means if you get an unlucky I.D. number, then you're destined not to have shinys.

In all of 3 generation (five games, multiple save files for each), I've only seen two shinys: Wally's Ralts and a Ratata before Pokeballs were obtainable.

The time I've spent playing third generation would add up to practically an astronomic number, and I've only seen two non-catchable shinys.