PDA

View Full Version : Sceptile should be duel grass/dragon type

FlyingTotodile
10th April 2007, 9:44 PM
Does anyone else think that Sceptile should have been created as a grass/dragon type? It can be bred dragon moves and learn the TM moves and even looks like a bit like a dragon. Also the other two Hoenn starters are duel type so why shouldn't Sceptile?

cactoxic
10th April 2007, 10:09 PM
yeah i can agree with that..there are alotta pokes like that though
and im still trying to figure out why gyarados is water/flying type

Pacman
10th April 2007, 10:12 PM
That would be, cool. But, Sceptile, would have, a 4x weakness to ice.

Evil_Lathander
10th April 2007, 10:23 PM
That ain't much of an argument... I don't get why Tyranitar is the way he is, having a x4 against fighting, while he could be something else

ShinyManafi
10th April 2007, 10:46 PM
Sceptile would be broken as a dragon type in the beginning ;)

Sasori
10th April 2007, 11:20 PM
becuase there is one SPECIFIC GYM SPECIALIZING IN ICE... plus too much of a bother..

Uzumaki Naruto
10th April 2007, 11:54 PM
Does anyone else think that Sceptile should have been created as a grass/dragon type? It can be bred dragon moves and learn the TM moves and even looks like a bit like a dragon. Also the other two Hoenn starters are duel type so why shouldn't Sceptile?
I honestly don't think making Sceptile a Dragon type would be a very good idea. It would do nothing but give it more weaknesses.

WhiteWizard42
11th April 2007, 3:03 AM
I honestly don't think making Sceptile a Dragon type would be a very good idea. It would do nothing but give it more weaknesses.

it would no longer be weak to fire, it would add one weakness and compound another one. in exchange, it would get STAB on Dragon Claw and Quad resist 4 different types (electric, water, and grass).

it's rare that you can make a grass-type worse by adding a type, since grass and fire have the worst matchups of all (grass because it's weak to 5 types, and fire because it's weak to the two of the most common (water and ground)).

the_w0lf
11th April 2007, 3:15 AM
It'd be cool,but like people said, a tad unfair.

Conquistador
11th April 2007, 8:35 AM
No, not really...It doesn't really look like a dragon IMO.

Champion Jared 14
11th April 2007, 8:45 AM
He may be able to get dragonbreath as an egg move, and learn dragon claw, but he's no dragon. And that typing would make it easier for ice types to own him with one ice beam, like my starmie.

tyranitar.armaldo
11th April 2007, 9:03 AM
He would bo overpowered against his weakness starter your rival picks and they are supposed to have an advantage over your one. Plus he is a gecko/volociraptor mix no dragons here, dinosaurs are not dragons get it right people (some loonys think tyranitar and Aerodactyl are dragons WTF!??!).

XDCOMPLETE
11th April 2007, 9:14 AM
Really? I thought he should of been Grass/Fighting, but Blaziken already took that...

The Mighty Wurmple
11th April 2007, 9:34 AM
It would be a bit weird having a Dragon type Pokemon as a starter, too.

Iran
11th April 2007, 9:38 AM
It would be cool but he will have again another weakness..................Ice

Roeno
11th April 2007, 9:48 AM
Don't forget Feraligatr is able to learn dragon claw, and in D/P even Dragon Dance and Dragon Pulse. But that doesn't mean he has to be part dragon.

Arbok
11th April 2007, 10:58 AM
He doesn't looks like a Dragon, even if it's learning dragon moves though.

Alzi
11th April 2007, 2:45 PM
No, not really...It doesn't really look like a dragon IMO.

I agree. It should stay how it is.

Littlemyuu
11th April 2007, 2:56 PM
it sounds really awsome...but he don't look like a dragon

The_Landlord
11th April 2007, 4:53 PM

YEAH! Why is Gyarados a Flying Type?! lol

DarkSpectrum
11th April 2007, 5:02 PM

Because magikarp/gyrados are based on a legend of a carp swimming up a waterfall and being turned into a Flying/Water serpent by the gods that were watching. And to explain why it doesn't learn flying attacks, the legend goes on to say something about that same carp/serpent going insane and swimming under water of rivers to attack villages/cities and never once using it's ability to fly.

OT: it might be nice to have it part dragon but that would offset the fact that it is a starter and dragons are usually saved til later-game

Master Ballz
11th April 2007, 5:09 PM

I think that's why you see several dragon looking types classified as other pokes simply because you can still have a cool dragon looking team and not have every poke so vunerable to ice attacks.

I mix these pokes into my dragon types to form an all dragon looking team that also adds diversity to a team.

Ampharos
Grovyle (looks more dragonlike than sceptile IMO)
Gyardos
Aerodactyl
Lugia
Charizard
Tyranitar
Tropius

Meanwhile Altaria looks nothing like a dragon IMO. It's just a common looking bird but with cloud wings. It disgraces it's dragon type with it's birdy body IMO.

Kalosian
11th April 2007, 7:36 PM
yes, i think it should be Dragon, but only Grovyle and Sceptile though.

Kyaku
11th April 2007, 7:45 PM
First Gyarados, now Sceptile?

No. It looks nothing like a dragon. And because it learns Dragon type moves doesn't make it a dragon. --;

Andren
11th April 2007, 8:03 PM
It would be nice if it was a Dragon, but would cause too many problems with typing issues.

vulpixd00d
11th April 2007, 9:01 PM
That would be, cool. But, Sceptile, would have, a 4x weakness to ice.

That was my main concern about that ... but then again, Marshtop is ground/water, which makes grass type attacks 4x effective.

FlyingTotodile
12th April 2007, 6:04 PM
I still think it should be part dragon but only Sceptile and Grovle as Treeko doesn't look at all dragon-like. wouldn't Sceptile be different to Tyranitar and gyardos etc as it currently doesn't have a second type. Besides there are already dragon who don't look like dragons eg altaria but it doesn't stop them being dragon. also a 4x weakness to ice is common amongst most dragon types so it wouldn't make that much difference (dragon/flying duh!) It would make Fire neutral which is something no other grass type is.

tyranitar.armaldo
12th April 2007, 6:16 PM
I mix these pokes into my dragon types to form an all dragon looking team that also adds diversity to a team.

Ampharos
Grovyle (looks more dragonlike than sceptile IMO)
Gyardos
Aerodactyl
Lugia
Charizard
Tyranitar
Tropius

WTF did I just say? Tyranitar is not a dragon it is a Tyrannosaurus rex hence the name, tropius why why why? It looks nothing like a dragon it is another dinosaur that people like to call dragons for some unexplainable reason, it is a diploducus. And aerodactyl is a pterasaur because it is revived from a fossil and has dactyl in its name. Ampharos is a bloomin sheep end of. And sceptile line are raptor/gecko mixs that is the end of all dino/dragon confusion ok.

FlyingTotodile
12th April 2007, 6:23 PM
yeah, but there isn't a dinosaur type is there? so dragon is the next best thing!

Uzumaki Naruto
12th April 2007, 7:46 PM
Grass types are already weak against Ice-type moves. Making it a Dragon-type would just make it worse.

Master Ballz
12th April 2007, 8:32 PM
WTF did I just say? Tyranitar is not a dragon it is a Tyrannosaurus rex hence the name, tropius why why why? It looks nothing like a dragon it is another dinosaur that people like to call dragons for some unexplainable reason, it is a diploducus. And aerodactyl is a pterasaur because it is revived from a fossil and has dactyl in its name. Ampharos is a bloomin sheep end of. And sceptile line are raptor/gecko mixs that is the end of all dino/dragon confusion ok.

That's all a matter of opinion. The pokemon world skirts the line between a lot of animals it only makes sense that they use dinosaurs and dragons traits get mixed on alot of these creatures. If you want to call some of these mishmashed animals pure dinos then your angry opinion differs from mine and here's why...

Tyranitar doesn't look much like a T-Rex to me at all overall. In that while he stands on two hind legs he also has a very small head and just a couple of fangs in his little maw. That's very non T-Rex like. If you want to put him as a dinosaur pokemon then that's cool, but it's no smaller stretch than me putting him in my dragon one.

While I can see Tropius looking alot like a sauropod there is one feature that completely separates him from those creatures: his palm wings. That makes him look like a plant/dragon to me and thus he's included.

No pokemon is a straight up transfer from our real world. Aerodactyl does look like a pterosaur but it also can breathe fire if you teach it and looks very dragonlike as well with it's classic dragon pointed tail and mouth full of long serated teeth. He makes my cut and reminds me alot of Lockheed from the X-men comic books.

Your comment on Amphoros was completely unintelligable, but here's my thoughts on him as well. He in no way looks like a sheep at all in his final form and his Japanese name even has their word for dragon in it. You don't like what he is then take it up with the japanese game designers because they created him and named him. He also makes my cut as an electric dragon.

I don't like Sceptile on my dragon team, but Grovyle makes a nice addition as his leaf wings atached to his arms looks very dragonlike. You want to claim he's something else entirely? Go ahead, he'll still be switched in and out of my lineups because he has cool dragon traits and he learns some good dragon moves.

These are my favorite non-dragon designated poke choices to rotate in and out of my team while there are a few others like Milotic and Lapras that I also like but failed to mention that I'll use. You don't like it? I could care less. You don't determine who is on my team or why I chose them.