PDA

View Full Version : Has anyone ever struggled in a 3rd generation game?

Kaliber
12th April 2007, 3:35 AM
I'm just wondering.

I've had my share of war stories from the battle frontier.

I'm sure not everyone beat all the games without breaking a sweat once.

Hunter-Z
12th April 2007, 3:38 AM
The game is easy, the battle frontier cheats.

Manjot
12th April 2007, 3:47 AM
Its was easy for me.

nubinator
12th April 2007, 3:48 AM
My Snorlax getting Haxed by a Houndoor. I almost punch my DS, Metagross singlely defeating Battle Pike Queen ( Silver )

Watermaniac
12th April 2007, 5:13 AM
it's too easy, i usually get nervous when i first fight the e4

flyboy1308
12th April 2007, 5:49 AM
Easy peezie lemon squeezey.
Except for Battle Frontier >_<

BAM
12th April 2007, 5:53 AM
i just had a nail biting battle with the Factory Head Noland. I dont want to get into details, but it was close. I won, but I was really nervous. And when I battled Tucker and Lucy. They were close battles too(Tucker was the easiest) Lucy's Milotic is a *****!

crudent
12th April 2007, 12:01 PM
I struggled really hard in the Battle Tower Silver match with Anabel. But I fought hax with hax, and came out with a narrow 1-0 win.

Iran
12th April 2007, 12:03 PM
battle pike was the annoying one cos of the pokemon that used rest all the time but i won it at the end

DDJ2991
12th April 2007, 1:53 PM
well just about an hour ago i was versing the elite 4 and was a little under leveled and lost twice and had to reset once to lance's aerodactyl and once to gary's blastoise, both time i was down to just charizard and didnt want to use my max revives cause i dont think you can buy them anywhere so i lost.

but im sure if i would have bought some revives & full restores etc. i would have easily won the first time...

mallubear07
12th April 2007, 2:05 PM
i had no problem with the battle fronteir

ahmad_bulba
12th April 2007, 2:22 PM
it's too easy, i usually get nervous when i first fight the e4

me too....but i wouldnt call it too easy..u require a lot of skill adn gud effiecient training form the start if u want to win the game without losing a battle. i guess i try to do tht..but i havent perfected my skills yet..

Roeno
12th April 2007, 2:37 PM
Yesterday I was in the Battle Factory, I was fighting my last match before the Gold Symbol, and I was winning with 2 Pokémon left. But then the trainer send out Jynx. Yes Jynx..
I used Earthquake with my Salamence, she used Lovely Kiss, Salamence fell asleep. So I return him for my Ludicolo. Jynx used Dream Eater, no problem, I want to Leech Seed her, but she uses Lovely Kiss again, Ludicolo falls asleep. I was all nervous, so I kept Ludicolo in, Jynx used Dream Eater 3 times before Ludicolo woke up again, I wanted to Seed her, but it missed! She used Lovely Kis again, and AGAIN it connects! Then she kills of my Ludicolo, I sent in Salamence again, she used Dream Eater, and critical hit, Salamence fainted..

My last battle before the Gold Symbol! So painful.
But today I tried 2 streaks again, it was very close! My Kingler used Guillotine 2 times in a row, but he sends out Hitmonchan. His Hitmonchan used Dynamic Punch, and it connects 2 times on my Kingler, he kills of my Aerodactyl. Only Pokémon I had left was Chansey. I survived the battle with Hitmonchan luckily!

C-Rich
12th April 2007, 3:29 PM
I struggle in the Factory. I'm never good in there.

crudent
12th April 2007, 3:41 PM
i had no problem with the battle fronteir

Reported for troll. Read the rules, boy.

Anyway, Battle Factory is one of the toughest places to battle. What I recommend is to swap, swap and swap so you get better pokemon.

Andren
12th April 2007, 4:25 PM
Haven't tried the Factory yet, going for Arena.

The last time I was there, I won 26 Battles. My team was totally unprepared for a Quagsire. CURSE YOU QUAGSIRE!!!

He quaked Metagross and Blaziken *sniff*

sandslash_1
12th April 2007, 6:48 PM
Battle Frontier Battle Pike i'm trying to get my gold symbol and it's taking forever (2 months) but i should hopefully get it with my dragonite i'm counting on him. if not i'll use my Gyarados or my Tyranitar.

Kreis
12th April 2007, 6:50 PM
Nope easiest gen ever. Even the Elite 4 was easy.

Watermaniac
12th April 2007, 9:37 PM
me too....but i wouldnt call it too easy..u require a lot of skill adn gud effiecient training form the start if u want to win the game without losing a battle. i guess i try to do tht..but i havent perfected my skills yet..
yeah, now that i think about it.. i usually struggle against misty, so i always catch a bellsprout and train it to lv 20-24

Kabuto
12th April 2007, 9:42 PM
I never broke a sweat, even the battle frontier was too easy for me. The only facilities that were remotely annoying were the pyramid and tower. I admit I had a few losses but usually from bad luck. As for the game itself no.

ShinyManafi
12th April 2007, 9:48 PM
Only during Battle Frontier Hax. I never have a problem unless some critical or evasion happens when I'm about to win >.<

miken park
12th April 2007, 10:09 PM
FR elite 4 the first time gave me a bit of a struggle.
until I borrowed my freinds Mewtwo.

Vaporeon4evr
12th April 2007, 11:33 PM
Yeah, just yesterday I got haxed in the battle dome by a Ludicolo:

Tyranitar used dragon dance!
Ludicolo used rain dance!
Tyranitar used aerial ace! (Ludicolo survives with barely any hp)
Ludicolo used surf! It's super effective! Tyranitar fainted!
Lance sent out Swampert!
Ludicolo used surf! Critical hit! Swampert fainted!

Since when does surf get critical hits at a time like this?

Theneedleman
12th April 2007, 11:34 PM
To beat any pokemon game it is extremely not difficult for me.

akamainevent23
12th April 2007, 11:45 PM
dang, from all the reading ive been doing the BF is medium to nail biting nervousness, i gotta say i have to get ready,but i would say that everything aside BF is pretty easy

Zenobius
13th April 2007, 12:55 AM
Storyline, everything is easy. The BF is another story. It's not that it's hard, it's unfair. I have the best team I can come up with, and a Scizor comes and STAB's me to death.

Kamen Rider Kabuto
13th April 2007, 12:56 AM
Battle Fronteir, Fire Red E4 using the team I'm using >_<

Uzumaki Naruto
13th April 2007, 5:11 PM
I'm having a bit of trouble with the Battle Tower and the Pokemon Contests in my Sapphire, but that's about it.

Scepgatr
13th April 2007, 5:54 PM
Like so may others have said, I never struggled in any part of the game, during the story line mode. For me the Battle Frontier is the only challenge in this game (also perhaps contests).

kinglax
14th April 2007, 5:34 AM
I think it is hard at the battle frontier, as I cannot ever get past the Brains.

Roselia---Rozureido
14th April 2007, 8:53 AM
I always over-level my Pokemon, so I've never had any trouble in-game. The Battle Frontier is a whole different story.

Walking Contradiction
16th April 2007, 1:02 PM
Battle Frontier is where the true difficulties lie. And in my Sapphire version Battle Tower I always seem to lose the important matches.

Zoshi
16th April 2007, 1:24 PM
Well, there was this one part. I was in Route 110, and I thought that the bridge was a wall, but then it turns out it wasn't. Sure was embarrassing.

Other than that, the hax of the BF.

Munchy.42
16th April 2007, 1:47 PM
Battle Frontier and the league on Ruby (Took me about 50 times to do.)

Ampharos_Spark
16th April 2007, 2:05 PM
Well, there was this one part. I was in Route 110, and I thought that the bridge was a wall, but then it turns out it wasn't. Sure was embarrassing.

Other than that, the hax of the BF.

I thought that too :D I struggle most in the Battle Frontier.

LugiaRules
16th April 2007, 2:07 PM
I was in the Battle Factory, battling someone (can't remember).

Blastoise VS Ninetales.

I think I'm just going to PWN it.

I use Hydro Pump.

It misses.

Ninetales uses Fire Blast. It hits.

It goes on like that until I'm on my last Hydro Pump.

I'm feeling confident.

It freaking misses.

Fire Blast hits, beating my Blastoise, and I lose.

****** me off.

Darkrai7
16th April 2007, 2:14 PM
I thought Emerald was too easy when you were able to catch a level 70 pokemon before the elite 4! Totally ruined the purpose of the elite 4... I am struggling on the Battle Frontier it's much easier on the TV show! LOL

Anaya
16th April 2007, 4:22 PM
Pretty easy, but I hate getting haxed at the Battle Frontier.