PDA

View Full Version : Badge stat increases?

Tytus
12th April 2007, 6:00 AM
I know this sounds like a totally n00bish question, but how exactly do your badges factor into your Pokemons stat increases? This is something I've never paid attention to because it never seemed to make a difference in the game, but the gym leader always tells you that their badge increases the attack of your Pokemon or something or other. Does this do anything at all? I never see it factored into attack bonuses or anything, so I assume it is meaningless, but why would they say that in the game if it doesn't really do anything? Is the effect in-game only, or do your badges matter on wifi?

Conquistador
12th April 2007, 8:59 AM
I've actually been thinking that too, and I've come to the conclusion that it must be something about EVs. Perhaps the badge allows more EVs to come into account of a Leveling up? I believe, however it works, that it is designed so you don't get too powerful too early in the game.

crudent
12th April 2007, 11:53 AM
No, badges have no effect on EVs. But I believe that their effects are in-game only.

Tytus
12th April 2007, 6:56 PM
Being such a seemingly basic aspect of the game, I thought there would be something about it on the main site. Doesn't anyone know for sure exactly what it does?

miken park
12th April 2007, 10:10 PM
It increases them by a tiny percentage appearntly.
there was a thread about it a while ago.

CharizardMaster
12th April 2007, 11:05 PM
It increases them by a tiny percentage appearntly.
there was a thread about it a while ago.

So the stat increase is pretty useless I presume?

WhiteWizard42
12th April 2007, 11:47 PM
i can verify that the boost exists, the speed boost is the reason why if you have a pokemon in a secret base facing a copy of itself, yours will always go first.

it's definitely only in-game (not link or wifi), and probably something around a 10% boost.

ShinyManafi
13th April 2007, 12:12 AM
it's definitely only in-game (not link or wifi), and probably something around a 10% boost.

Oh, so thats what it was. I might have seen my pokemon a bit weaker in link battles. ;)

pokearab
13th April 2007, 2:16 AM
i have to agree on the theory stated by crudent, it may only be an ingame affect

Hunter-Z
13th April 2007, 2:28 AM
I don't think it really makes too much of a difference to matter, especially if everyone has the badges.

Evil_Lathander
13th April 2007, 9:26 AM
Well, even if not only ingame, most people battling eachother will both have all badges, so they'll both have all effects...

Yami Marius
13th April 2007, 4:08 PM
Ingame it certainly does make a difference although not one worth mentioning but all bits help. As for multiplayer battles, I wouldn't know. But its' easy to figure it out: when you start a new game trade a Pokémon of a high level and use it in a multiplayer battle. If it obays your every command, having badges doesn't effect in multiplayers. If it falls asleep, it does.