PDA

View Full Version : Drifloon on the Wind! (496)

Serebii
13th April 2007, 1:09 PM
http://www.serebii.net/anime/NextOn/496.jpgDrifloon on the Wind!

Ash & Co. are on their way to Eterna City when they encounter Nurse Joy and her children. Ash & Co. decide to stay for a bit, but they learn that the youngest kid has some secret friends in the cave; Drifloon. However, Team Rocket have their eyes on these Drifloon...but something big is around following the North Winds...

Visit The Episode Guide (http://www.serebii.net/anime/epiguide/shinou/496.shtml)

Discuss

Zaraze
13th April 2007, 5:46 PM
The page tells me it doesn't exist O.O

Awww judging by the description here that means the Drifloon are evil sadistic children taking balloons :( Watch them turn out harmless so Pokemon Pearl was proven wrong. Unless they take Team Rocket to the underworld that would seem rather likely.

Bliksem
13th April 2007, 6:19 PM
For no reason whatsoever should Giovanni be depicted as being scared of the dark. Meowth, I'm ashamed of you (though I've been ashamed of you for the last 200 episodes or so....) But hey, at the end, Team Rocket tries to capture Suicune. Too bad they failed miserably.

I'm astonished that despite legendary Pokemon being so... legendary, no one really freaks out when they meet one.

rocky505
13th April 2007, 6:59 PM
that is like suicunes 4th appearence in the show 2 times in johto 1 in the movie 1 in sinnoh.

Juputoru
13th April 2007, 7:04 PM
The pics of this ep are much more amusing if you imagine Suicune as having been dragged out against its will and just wanting to get back to Johto where it belongs.

Other than that, this looks like generic filler that the writers tried to spice up a bit by inserting a random legendary into it. Because we clearly don't have enough DP Legends to showcase them all semi-frequently during the 3-ish years this region will take.

Zaraze
13th April 2007, 7:16 PM
Anyone know where I can find the pics? I found somewhere but lost it >_< And now I can't find it again :(

Also does anyone catch a Drifloon?

jolteonjak
13th April 2007, 7:59 PM
It doesn't look as though anyone catches one. But its so cute!!! What does it sound like to those who've seen the ep?

Glitch Taimer
13th April 2007, 8:13 PM
Did anyone notice how massive Suicune was in one scene? It was twice the size of ash!

Rapiido
13th April 2007, 8:28 PM
Poor Fuwante. That had to be the absolute worst Pokemon debut in the anime's history. Suicune played a bigger role in the episode.

Zaraze
13th April 2007, 9:35 PM
Just looked at the pics. Every hope I had of sadistic, evil, child slaughtering Drifloons was crushed. The Drifloon waying less than 2 Kilos managed to carry that child O.O Terrible episode they ruined Drifloon's deubt so horribly.

R_N
13th April 2007, 9:43 PM
Seems like a nice filler from what I'm seeing in the pics.. Glad Suicune didn't really steal the show to much.
Nice to see an Ampharos, too.

Oh, and such a shame that Drifloon didn't try to drag kids into the underworld. I mean, really, that kind of thing happens in a kid-audience oriented anime all the time. COMPLETELY ruined them. *eyeroll*

Maestro Kinético
13th April 2007, 9:45 PM
Yeah, I am disappointed, another episode of D/P that could have been great and wasn't. It was so easy to make a plot, the girls say to Ash and Co. that they have little friends in a cave, the frieds turn out to be Fuwanteds that are luring them, and then they have to rescue them before they end up in the underworld. So dark, they could have also included a family story, the grandfather made a deal with the fuwante, they would take his grandchildren in exchange of money. Geez, such a great story was missed.

AshfanGirl20
13th April 2007, 9:53 PM
I don't know I enjoyed it, although Hikari played a background character here LOL which I was suprised about. I thought it was cute how Ash and the Nurse Joy got along like that. The animation wasn't nice but awe well it was a cute Nurse Joy/Ash episode.

S.Suikun
13th April 2007, 10:20 PM
I have yet to see the episode in motion, but I'm glad the power plant from the games was at least included, even if they didn't include the whole Galactic arc that occurs there.

Yeah, I am disappointed, another episode of D/P that could have been great and wasn't. It was so easy to make a plot, the girls say to Ash and Co. that they have little friends in a cave, the frieds turn out to be Fuwanteds that are luring them, and then they have to rescue them before they end up in the underworld. So dark, they could have also included a family story, the grandfather made a deal with the fuwante, they would take his grandchildren in exchange of money. Geez, such a great story was missed.
In a KIDS' show? Look, the underworld thing in the Pokedex makes for some admittedly funny gags, but nobody should seriously expect them to include it in this anime. It's times like this I'm glad the fanbase isn't writing this show.

CyberCubed
14th April 2007, 5:28 AM
At this point does it mean that Team Galaxy is a definite "no-show" in D/P, at least in the same manner that Magma/Aqua had several eps scattered across Hoenn?

At this point its obvious they're not in the 10th movie either, so its really surprising that they're completely ignoring such a major part of the games.

Nyami
14th April 2007, 5:38 AM
Why in the hell does it seem that there are more Jhoto pokemon in Sinnoh than there are actual Sinnoh pokemon?

Geodude
14th April 2007, 5:42 AM
Please don't assume something to be a generic filler because there's no gym battle, capture, or evo, people. -_-

-We see a Nurse Joy with a complete family for the first time ever. (Those were her husband and daughters, right?)

-We have it revealed that the reason the Joys all have the same name is that it's their last name.

-The young Joy girls were cool.

Almighty Zard
14th April 2007, 6:12 AM
The Drifloon waying less than 2 Kilos managed to carry that child O.O

Yet it took three of them to carry Ash, how much does he freaking weigh?

Mythic Mist
14th April 2007, 8:39 AM
Don't give up hope on Tema Galactic. I'm being optimistic, and just hoping that they'll appear once the third installment of the games comes out. The writers are doing this because they want to follow the thrid games plot...and not mess up because they didn't see the new additions or something...

*is still hoping*

Chatsy
14th April 2007, 8:46 AM
-We see a Nurse Joy with a complete family for the first time ever. (Those were her husband and daughters, right?)

The oldest daughter Joy did refer the guy as "Odo-san" (or however that's spelled D: ) so I assume it.

-We have it revealed that the reason the Joys all have the same name is that it's their last name.

I guess that means that Offcier Jenny is a surname too then? :/

uber gon
14th April 2007, 9:52 AM
Man, I hope Dusknoir doesn't get the same **** as Drifloon.

scissorX
14th April 2007, 11:17 AM
It was good to finally get some explanation behind the Nurse Joy family, its only taken the writers what, ten years?

It was good to see Suicine too, bit peeved about Eusine not apearing but it was pretty unlikely in the first place. I like the fact that this episode tied in with the whole legendary dogs running all around the Pokémon world and can appear anywhere thing.

Maestro Kinético
14th April 2007, 11:53 AM
In a KIDS' show? Look, the underworld thing in the Pokedex makes for some admittedly funny gags, but nobody should seriously expect them to include it in this anime. It's times like this I'm glad the fanbase isn't writing this show

Nobody was? Lots of people was expecting it. It's a kids show, but they can show us Hikaris ultra-short miniskirt and Giovanni lying half-naked in the ground. I think they could at least made them evil. It's a shame that Drifloon got this filler.

Pika Hikari KT
14th April 2007, 1:37 PM
The oldest daughter Joy did refer the guy as "Odo-san" (or however that's spelled D: ) so I assume it.
Otou-san. And I assume you mean the power plant owner?

I guess that means that Officer Jenny is a surname too then? :/
It'd make sense...

Chatsy
14th April 2007, 1:59 PM
Otou-san. And I assume you mean the power plant owner?

Ah thanks.
And yeah, since there were no other guys there I didn't know the name of, then of course I meant him. =P

Juputoru
14th April 2007, 3:05 PM
I guess that means that Offcier Jenny is a surname too then? :/
That wouldn't make much sense in English/whatever other languages the policewomen have that name, but I can't see the problem with Junsa(aka Officer Jenny's JP name) being a last name. It's more of an assumed thing, anyway. (it makes a lot of sense, but it's not explicitly stated as far as I know)

So Joy's husband was shown as well? Interesting. Of course, it's *always* interesting to see a Joy that has no purpose in life other than healing Pokemon. :P

S.Suikun
14th April 2007, 4:47 PM
Repidfire Review!

- Before starting, I can already tell the animation is gonna suck in this.
- I was right.
- When was the last time we saw Gastly or Swinub, anyways?
- Broom: 1. Ash: 0.
- Brock's smart never to go for MILFs.
- Drifloon + Little children = ...Ah, just look at the sig.
- How heavy is Drifloon? Or rather, how light are these girls?
- A non-shockproof TR net? I'm flabbergasted.
- All right guys, quit overusing the Movie 8 stuff. I mean, I love the intro theme, but it's being used in every bloody episode.
- If Suicune resides in this lake, there ought to be some debate over whether it's one-of-a-kind after all.
- Suicune walks on water. SUICUNE IS JESUS!
- When was Aurora Beam last showcased, anyways?

I didn't think this was THAT bad, but I agree with everyone who says Drifloon got royally gypped. I mean, it did even less than Shinx in the Poketch episode. Heck, it did less than Misty in Johto!

Nobody was? Lots of people was expecting it. It's a kids show, but they can show us Hikaris ultra-short miniskirt and Giovanni lying half-naked in the ground. I think they could at least made them evil. It's a shame that Drifloon got this filler.
People who actually expected it are fools. And most people who were talking about it weren't being serious, anyways. Hikari's mini-shirt is FAN SERVICE. And the last I heard, men were always allowed to expose themselves half-naked in kids' cartoons. But the underworld bit would be a deliberate reference to Hell and Satan. You can easily do "darkness" in this show without involving the underworld, as proven many times before, but this particular bit crosses the line. In fact, there are many Pokemon's Pokedex entries which would not pass. Just look at Dusclops. In a more mature anime, they would have done it no problem. But you have to remember the target audience of what this anime has been all along.

~RaikouRider243~
14th April 2007, 8:37 PM
- If Suicune resides in this lake, there ought to be some debate over whether it's one-of-a-kind after all.

Which further supports my theory that most of the legendaries aren't unique, just very rare.

cassius335
15th April 2007, 3:42 PM
*without much hope** So... any sign of a TM? Something posted in the "Picture of Kengo" thread suggested there would be a "TM or something" in this ep.

Geodude
15th April 2007, 4:21 PM
That...had no basis. And didn't happen.

uber gon
16th April 2007, 3:36 AM
I'm just hoping that Drifloon's evo isn't portrayed as badly.

WaterDragon trainer
15th September 2007, 3:03 PM
This episode was good. It was funny when little Joy KOed Ash with a broom as well as Brock finding out that Nurse Joy was married. It was cool to see a Drifloon. Meowth’s “Boss Fantasy” was pretty funny. I thought it was odd that TR never considered stealing the Drifloon, but rather took Ampharos since 99% of the time they usually try to steal a new pokemon. It was awesome to see a Suicune again. It was pretty hilarious when TR charged at Suicune to catch it only to be easily blasted off.

Dax
15th September 2007, 3:17 PM
I didn't like. It doesn't feel right to use a legendary pokemon like that. They are legendary, they should do something epic and Diflloon was used for practically nothing important.

Poke'T<3
15th September 2007, 3:44 PM
I actually liked this episode it seemed like ash and that joy girl have like the same attitude but i think it was kinda werid to put suicune in this episode it should have been of more significance but i liked the drifloon! did any of you guys notice she was sorta like that copycat girl in silver? or at least i think it was silver... i think they are using a lot of the character personalities from silver

Corzola
15th September 2007, 10:46 PM
Well, one of the better D/P eps IMO. Ash did much alone, not with Brock and Dawn. Similar to Me, Myself & Time when he was alone and met another character. It looked liked Ash and that older Joy sister got alog well (any shipping names for them?).

Cobalt_Latios
16th September 2007, 2:12 AM
This wasn't a bad episode, but it did feel kinda weird. Firstly, it seems that Drifloon kept its' japanese name(unless Fwante is pronounced differently). Personally, I felt it odd that Suicune was the Pokémon of choice in terms of legendary. Sure this is about wind(the windmills), but still it didn't fit for some reason. This is Sinnoh, Johto is, well very , very far away. Then again, the fact that Suicune can appear anywhere sorta nicks this idea. They're legendaries, they have godly powers, they can do almost anything.

Oh and a typical cliche: Ash and the younger Joy traversing that "think bridge". I KNEW it was gonna break. You can't have anything that size in this show and not have it break(or something not involving falling off).

Next off, it was very hard for me to see three Joys of varying height, different voice. Though, had I not seen the episode "Celebi and Joy", I honestly would have been even more odded. Of course, this explains many family related things(Though Ash seemed surprised that both of them were going to continue their mother's work, as if that wasn't already obvious...).

And might I say that this is the first time in god knows how long that Team Rocket actually did not have electric proof netting. I was gonna think that Ampharos wouldn't be able to shock them, and yet I was shocked to see that it was able to shock them. And of course the blatant excuse:
"we used the money to get Jessie's nails done."
I'm guessing that the ol' Mecha excuse doesn't qualify here, they didn't make any in the last few episodes(actually, there was the Mecha in "Oh Do You Know the Poffin Plan?", and since they wouldn't have had that much money afterwards, I guess it would make sense anyways).

Also, the one thing that is correct regardless of any other factor: the "you'll see it again" quote. However, when they do see it again, they never remember, so what's the point in the first place?

Anyways, lots of good laughs, Team Rocket getting blasted off twice, and not by Ash and co., legendary appearance, new Pokémon and the Joy family household.

Not bad for a filler.

One last thing: is it just me, or was the background coloured in differently simply due to the fact that they were showcasing Suicune from Johto, and it would look odd seeing it in a computer coloured environment? Chances are it's just me, but I prefer making sure just in case.

~C_L~

Poke'T<3
16th September 2007, 1:43 PM
This episode was just like they should be dawn wasnt all overshining ash in this i loved how dawn and that nurse joy that was his age had so much in common oh and did anybody notice how the little girl was like the copycat in silver game

Dax
16th September 2007, 2:56 PM
This episode was just like they should be dawn wasnt all overshining ash in this i loved how dawn and that nurse joy that was his age had so much in common oh and did anybody notice how the little girl was like the copycat in silver game

Learn that Dawn is a main character like Ash. They are both in the anime for the same reason, to showcase new pokemons. Whether you like it or not she's still going to have a lot of episodes only for her and nothing else, just like Ash has episodes only for him.

Corzola
16th September 2007, 9:08 PM
Well, Ash must be concidered to be the main character, and Dawn a very supporting character with her own plotline. After all Ash journey is the main thing in Pokemon. Ash have more than 50 percent of the story, however Dawn is up to 45. Brock is in fact the only character to be only supporting.

Until they make a spin off which focus on one character all the way Ash is the main character of the Pokemon anime universe. PC eps was random chapters, not any "real series".

What I liked about this ep is that you focus on Ash and some other character, therefore making it different from the usual eps with Ash and Dawn (or when May was along, without her). With that said, I like Dawn as a character but also like eps without her.

waterfall
16th September 2007, 10:47 PM
It's a filler episode and nothing more. It's better than some but still not great.

I like the parts when Drifloon appears. :)

The writers must have an obsession with humans riding on legendary pokemon. Almost every time one appears. Ash, his Pikachu, and some other people would ride on it. Either they think it's fun, want to make viewers jealous of the characters, or are jealous of the characters themselves.

HoennMaster
17th September 2007, 3:49 AM
It was better to see this then just the pictures. the pictures made it look more boring then it was. I was happy to Suicune. On the plus side, No flirting Brock and Team Rocket bothering Ash.

Corzola
17th September 2007, 11:45 AM
Yes, it was good that Brock had the manner not to flirting with a) a married woman or b) girls 2 - 5 years his junior. :D

TR not attempting to steal Pikachu was another good thing, that was one of the things that made this ep more free than the usual ongoing plot.

It was like "this ep is how the show would be without TR in every ep trying to catch Pikachu or Ash traveling without any friends". I however want him to have at least 1 friend with him. I don´t actually se this ep as a filler but as a way to show how the series "could be".

HoennMaster
17th September 2007, 8:38 PM
So apparently Brock can flirt with engaged girls (If I remember correctly), but not married ones. :) Your right Corzola, showing Ash by himself made it more enjoyable.

rainbow_xtina
18th September 2007, 6:35 AM
Brock basically flirt with every pretty girl he saw. Not knowing who she is before hand.

hiou2
18th September 2007, 8:12 AM
did anyone else notice the constant references to my neighbour totoro?

Power of Fire
24th September 2007, 12:43 PM
good episode, but seriously wth drifloons cry is ****, it shouldn't be some weird noise WTF IS PUSA DOING TO THE POKEMON VOICES???!!!!

The carter
24th September 2007, 1:44 PM
I thought for Ho-ho the bells toll was much better for suicune then this episode. But anyway it was good to see him back but also kinda weird ,seeing as how much legendary's sinnoh has, why would they need to showcase a jotho pokemon again?? Ratings ,getting people interested? Is D/P thát boring???? Well maybe this is after all the last gen ,cause it looks like the anime is dying.......slowly

Rebeccag
28th October 2007, 10:27 PM
i liked this episode it was nice to see a nurse joy that was married and that Brock wasnt flirting with her i also liked her 2 children as well paige and marnie good filled episode for sure

SpongeBoblover
7th November 2007, 3:26 AM
I thought for Ho-ho the bells toll was much better for suicune then this episode. But anyway it was good to see him back but also kinda weird ,seeing as how much legendary's sinnoh has, why would they need to showcase a jotho pokemon again?? Ratings ,getting people interested? Is D/P thát boring???? Well maybe this is after all the last gen ,cause it looks like the anime is dying.......slowly

Why do you think this is the last gen because of the god Pokemon being last in the Pokedex & Dawn tried to make the show less boring

Anyway I liked Nurse Joy's kids(Poor Brock he's never gonna get a pretty girl) and Suicune was cool, I feel sorry for Dawn not able to see Suicune in person.

XXXBurningStarIV
30th May 2008, 4:38 AM
Drifloon are my second favorite Pokemon, but, this episode just, was not... good. Seriously. It was one of the most boring episodes EVER. It made me sad. The Drifloon were like never in it too. =/ The whole thing made me sad. I was so excited to see it too. BIG let down.

HoennMaster
30th May 2008, 5:35 AM
They were the center of attention...appearing about every 3 minutes.

XXXBurningStarIV
30th May 2008, 9:27 PM
No. They weren't in it at ALL. And they never did anything. They didn't react to anything. They just kinda, stared. [I know they're ballons, but, COME ON.]

HoennMaster
31st May 2008, 1:51 PM
No. They weren't in it at ALL.

Now you really don't know what your talking about.

XXXBurningStarIV
3rd June 2008, 7:43 AM
I definitely do. In my opinion, what they did in the episode compared to all the other Pokemon in other episodes was nothing. If anything Suicune was the main Pokemon in that episode. He even did more than the little Drifloon. It was annoying. Why in the hell does Suicune have to appear in like EVERY episode. It's really stupid. Plus, they had no personality at ALL. It was just kind of, over looked.

wobbanut
26th August 2008, 2:02 AM
I didn't really care for this episode, I'm not big on the drifloon line (though I think drifblim would make a great Team Rocket pokemon), and it was kind of boring. On the plus side, I did like the Nurse Joy family (something different for a change), and the twerps getting accused of stealing food and Brock saying he's just here for Nurse Joy. LOL

(s.i.e)
11th March 2009, 11:47 AM
to be honest i never understood the logic about drifloon but hell that's what pokemon is for, it was a good episode for the rest i think.

Littlemyuu
27th April 2009, 3:31 PM
this episode is so cute...Drifloon is the cutest pokemon ^_^

S.Suikun
9th June 2009, 2:51 AM
This episode features Suikun, thus making me biased and loving every moment of it!

Haha, I'm just kidding. This episode is actually a steaming acropolis of ****.

It's almost as if the writers knew how dreadful this episode was, so they stuck Suicune in at the very end for no intelligent reason just to try to mess with me, thinking that they could convert me into liking their crappy episode. Suckers. I'd call this episode "boring as Hell", but Hell is actually quite the exciting place compared to 22 minutes of a whiny brat and Fuwante actually appearing for maybe two minutes and doing totally nothing. The animation is equally dreadful, as opposed to Suicune's Johto episode which featured stellar animation (as well as a stellar plot, as opposed to whatever the hell this was).

The idea of a Joi family is one that I'm surprised took this long to cover. It's a shame that nothing interesting is done with them. Fuwante is also a potentially fascinating Pokemon, but all that happens to it here is getting blown away. Hey, remember when we all thought Galactic was gonna debut in this episode? Oh, those were fun times that probably would have suited things one hell of a lot better than whatever actually occured in this episode (i.e. nothing). Suicune's admittedly random role does salvage this episode from being as bad as Pikachu Bakery Bonanza, but really, my dear username-sake deserved far better, as did Fuwante (who would later be redeemed under Melissa).

D

milenadrg
20th June 2009, 7:46 PM
Episode was great and exciting episode! A little Joy was really funny and it was cool seeing Suicune again...

Heaven Net
6th July 2009, 4:01 AM
I have yet to see the episode in motion, but I'm glad the power plant from the games was at least included, even if they didn't include the whole Galactic arc that occurs there.
In a KIDS' show? Look, the underworld thing in the Pokedex makes for some admittedly funny gags, but nobody should seriously expect them to include it in this anime. It's times like this I'm glad the fanbase isn't writing this show.

Heaven Net
6th July 2009, 4:02 AM

Heaven Net
6th July 2009, 4:09 AM

Lorde
17th November 2009, 3:13 AM
Suicune appeared yay.

Somehow, this episode seemed Filler even with all the events and Drifloon's debut.

I think they could have made it a little more....epic?

3/10 for Suicune's reappearance.

Ash-kid
12th December 2009, 12:58 PM
It was great to see a Suicune in Sinnoh.
And those Drifloon were cute.

KGB13
17th January 2010, 9:08 PM
OK episode. I thought it was a little dangerous how Nurse Joy just let her daughter fly off with the Drifloon like that to deliver lunch to her Dad, considering she's a Nurse and all. The Suicune appearance was pretty cool, but other than that nothing really happened. Overall this was an alright episode.

Willow's Tara
31st May 2010, 8:30 AM
Not a bad episode really, it was interesting to see a Child Nurse Joy (I see they are showing children of Joy and Jenny, like the child of Jenny in Luxray eyes).

It wasn't fantastic but it was still good, nice to see Drifloon in this episode used like an Hot air balloon. It was nice to see Suciune in this episode, I guess it's traveling across the regions (Although it wouldn't have hurt to seen Raikou instead)

wind21
27th June 2010, 2:23 AM
I'm skipping 3 reviews this time. dp 25 is a filler for me as I never got that excited over poffins (a weird episode since Ash and Dawn tease each other not so nicely in this one), dp 26 introduces Kenny and begins a contest, and dp 27 concludes the contest with Dawn winning her first ribbon, largely due to Piplup's new move, Whirlpool. Not too sure I could objectively look at Kenny episodes, and the contest itself is nothing too spectacular for me. So that brings me to this episode.

It is a filler, this one distinguished by Suicune's appearance. Pretty weird that a couple of girls are such good friends with Suicune. Next thing you know the writers will have a lady be able to summon Dialga and Palkia whenever she wants, right? But anyway, this is another episode where Ash stands out for me in the way he gets along with Nurse Joy's younger daughter and also some of his other actions. Ash and the younger daughter get off to a rocky start, as Ash receives the broom for listening to his stomach rather than thinking about whose house this is. But all turns out okay, and Ash does to get to eat a meal. The younger daughter is jealous of the older daughter's "priveleges," like the right to use Drifloon to glide over to where their father works and give him his lunch, but she has to deal with it and is given chores to take her mind off it. Ash comes along, and the girl decides, in apology for the broom whack, to show him a legendary pokemon that she and her sister are friends with as long as he promises not to tell (children love to do these types of things, don't they?). Ash says okay, and off they go to a lake, with no legendary pokemon to be found. As the girl takes a look around, Ash asks the identity of the pokemon, and the girl tells him Suicune. And.....Ash believes her, or at least takes it pretty much in stride. How amazing is that? Now I'm supposed to make a pt about this...Let's see. One thing younger people tend to be rather upset with older people about is that older people generally think they know everything, and therefore disregard younger people's opinions. It takes a special person to be able to accept a younger person's claims, w/o making judgement either way by falsely encouraging it to make the child feel better or by being mean in telling the younger person to get real. This is a nice touch for Ash that he's able to do this, and it highlights his maturity and calmness.

But Ash also recognizes some of the angst the younger daughter feels, and so when a rough storm is approaching and there's trouble over at her father's work place where the older daughter is as well, he tells Pikachu to keep a watch over the younger daughter to prevent her from going off on her own (Ash, Brock, and Dawn see off Nurse Joy in the meantime). This is probably nothing new, but it shows how much faith Ash has in Pikachu to keep things okay. Except Ash is wrong here; Pikachu can't possibly hold back a young girl from doing what she wants. Just as Ash and the gang check back, they see the girl grabbing on to a Drifbloon with Pikachu trying its best to keep her grounded (funny scene). A brisk wind comes conveniently at this pt, and off go the girl, Pikachu, and Drifbloon toward the mountains.

Ash and company travel quickly to the father's workplace where Nurse Joy is and tell her what happened (not fun). The older daughter volunteers to go after her sister and releases a few Dribloon, but she is told not to by her parents. Well, another convenient wind comes at this pt, and Ash quickly grabs on to the Drifbloom to get a ride on to the mountains. Dawn makes a little remark about how reckless Ash can be, which is amusing in the sense that I've watched Ash for so long I expect him to do stuff like this and like him for that. She doesn't, and so it all looks pretty unnecessary to her. Paul at this pt would probably take it a step further, by saying Ash is pathetic. You really have to spend time with Ash and have proper respect for him before his recklessness becomes likeable; otherwise, it looks pretty thoughtless and stupid. But Ash's recklessness is a fundamental part of the way he trains, and that's probably one of the reasons he's able to connect with his pokemon so well.

In the mountains, Ash does the customary saving of the day and stuff. As he's crossing the bridge, it snaps, and he and the younger daughter almost fall to their doom (admire Ash's composure here). They're rescued by Suicune and the older daughter; and the younger daughter delightfully tells Ash she told him she knew Suicune. And Ash says she did, with a really nice smile. Just a nice scene for Ash, b/c again he's being sincere with a young child w/o being judgemental or influential. It's something that I find very hard to do, and I think it's hard to do for older people in general.

saar
8th July 2010, 2:15 PM
Wind- Yes it is a filler, but seeing Suicune in a episode is a rare thing.:)
Drifloon was pretty strange, I think they didn't even use a move.

Lance The Champ
2nd December 2010, 1:04 PM
Wow I never thought Suicune would appear in Sinnoh

G50
27th April 2011, 7:35 AM
This episode was ok... It was cool to see Drifloon for the 1st time, it's very cute! It was cool to see Suicune for the 1st time in a long time. It was great to see Suicune save them after they asked for its help. It was funny how Meowth's boss fantasy was inferring that the Boss was afraid of the dark. It was cool to see a Nurse Joy with a family for a change.

20/100

Caseydia
13th April 2012, 1:39 AM
This episode was pretty cute compared to what everyone else is saying. This is also the episode where I became a Broomshipper!:D