PDA

View Full Version : The Champ Twins! (497)

Serebii
13th April 2007, 2:12 PM
http://www.serebii.net/anime/NextOn/497.jpgThe Champ Twins!

When they get to the next city, Ash & co are interviewed by the local tv station. From this interview, Ash & Dawn are pulled into a double battle against a team who has had over a dozen consecutive wins with their Quilava & Croconaw. Will Ash & Dawn be able to beat them and end their streak?

Visit The Episode Guide (http://www.serebii.net/anime/epiguide/shinou/497.shtml)

Discuss

phoevos
13th April 2007, 2:16 PM
Whoohoo!
Double Battle!

Charizard_Millky
13th April 2007, 2:18 PM
did they win? im in australia so didnt watch the ep?

Serebii
13th April 2007, 2:19 PM
Please do not post in the thread unless you actually have seen the episode, pictures or read a guide. Thank you

Charizard_Millky
13th April 2007, 2:21 PM
oh sorry ill remember that for next time

Flamez
13th April 2007, 2:23 PM
Ash and Hikari lost the first time and won in a rematch.

AshfanGirl20
13th April 2007, 7:28 PM
I loved the images, some major cute Hikari/Ash moments there. My favorite episode of D/P so far.

Bliksem
13th April 2007, 7:57 PM
OMG! Quilava actually won a battle! Of course, he lost the second time, but that was to be expected... *sighs* But still, a victory for my favorite Pokemon can't be diminished.

Voltrex
13th April 2007, 9:14 PM
Oh man, im so glad piplup got beat up, woo hoo!!!

Snorkle
13th April 2007, 9:25 PM
I admit, upon first glances I thought this episode would be like "The Bicker the Better" and it was similar to it in the first part.
But I'm glad it was resolved in a slightly different manner. I mean, yes the underlying cause was still TR and their antics but at least it was different from the Tag Battle eppy in Hoenn.
And this time they actually rematch the Quilava/Croconaw duo too which is another change.
Overall, it wasn't that bad. It wasn't my favorite, but it wasn't HORRIBLE.

Sushi
13th April 2007, 11:22 PM
I lol'ed at the TV crew from "Shinou Now!". The guy who always smashed his microphone onto either Yuuka's or Jessie's head was funny. Speaking of Yuuka, I found her to be pretty entertaining herself - 'liked how she always popped up without any warning.

The designs of the Tag Battle Brothers (they WERE brothers after all ._.) were extremely eyecatching. Dark green hair combined with those bright purple eyes...well, it looks flashy in my opinion. They looked somewhat cute as well, especially Isaki ;D

Ehem. Must say that I wasn't very amused by Hik... er, Dawn's styling-antics in front of the camera. Maybe I would've been if it had been a Sunday - I'm pretty weird concerning this stuff.

Anyhow, one thing distracted me a little. They were doing a decent job differenciating this episode from AG72, but when Ash and Dawn starting yelling at each other with those big heads...meh. Glad they didn't include a speech-bubble fight at least, but the former mentioned was unnecessary as well. The two having this (http://i57.photobucket.com/albums/g207/haibara-ai/DP/029_greatteam.jpg) expression would have been much funnier instead. 'sides, Trainer and Pokémon are alike, right?

Another (it's the last one ;P) complaint of mine is that Turtwig and Piplup seemed to make mistakes that normally just wouldn't happen. Piplup tripping randomly? Uh-huh..

Ignoring the copied scene from AG72 though, I thought the argument the trainers had sounded funnier this time. Maybe it worked better with the goofy-sounding music in the background.

Speaking of music, I thought the BGM was well-chosen throughout the entire episode. I thought we'd never hear either of Team Magma/Aqua's themes again.

Nice to see Ash and Dawn actually make up and plan their strategies before the rematch - I thought that was a nice touch.

Team Rocket was hilarious this time around. Jessie butting into all of Yuuka's interviews (I loved when Yuuka and her crew moved into all sorts of directions to get away from her but she just didn't give up XD), or her and James whispering a part of their motto...I also laughed when the TV crew found the trio lying on the ground after crashing with their balloon, and Yuuka spitefully told the cameraman to film them in their misery.

scissorX
14th April 2007, 2:10 AM
I thought this was a really good episode.

Seeing Croconaw & Quilava was good, and their battle with Piplup and Turtwig was pretty neat too. It was nice to see Turtwig use Synthesis again, I thought it had been forgotten about; thats probably because Turtwig is seldom seen though.

One thing that bugged me was how similar this was to Ash and Mays double battle episode, fair enough it had a different story and the whole TV crew thing was funny, but it was just too similar. I'm glad we saw a bit of Turtwig development though.

Ashy Boy
14th April 2007, 9:19 AM
The episode wasn't bad, in fact it was much better than the tag team ep in Hoenn (The Bicker The Better), although I didn't like Jessie butting into all the newswoman's interviews simply to hog the spotlight which is typical of Jessie. Still, I really enjoyed Jessie bursting into tears when she got blasted off.

BTW, how did any of you know the newswoman's name was Yuuka?

Bliksem
14th April 2007, 9:38 AM
Now that I got to see the episode in motion, all I have to say is... why are the rematches in this anime so bloody one-sided x_x; Poor Quilava got his flaming tail handed to him...

Mythic Mist
14th April 2007, 9:44 AM
This episode was definitely not as funny as "The Bicker The Better". Needed more Pearlshippy-ness...Ahem. ;>_> Right. the battles themselves were bleh, but the episode was just funny. I loved Piplup's little foot tapping thing when it was getting fed up with Turtwig.

uber gon
14th April 2007, 10:56 AM
Frankly, Quilava bursting into flames before attacking OWNED!!

Gah, why couldn't the writers do that for Ash's Cyndaquil?

The Benmeister
14th April 2007, 12:10 PM
Heh, you can hardly call Turtwig a peacemaker now. A rather abrupt personality change but perhaps that's what you get when you hardly see it with a personality in the first place. Damn writers.

A lot of manicness in this episode, it was quite enjoyable to watch overall.

scissorX
14th April 2007, 12:14 PM
Heh, you can hardly call Turtwig a peacemaker now.

Yeah I agree, we got to see its competitive side in this episode. I could see that whenever Ash and Dawn argue, Turtwig and Piplup will too. We just need to see more Turtwig!

Maestro Kinético
14th April 2007, 12:54 PM
I didn't like this episode, it was boring IMO. Just a battle, TR and a rematch, no messages and no quality plot. I think I'll just see the pictures next time.

~*Mudkip Fantastic*~
14th April 2007, 1:40 PM
One of my least favourite episodes so far. Seeing Quilava was one of the few saving graces IMO. The only others were the michrophone and the return of the pitfall!

But does anybody else think that this whole series is becoming a haven for old Johto stuff? This entire episode was basically Johto, Johto, Johto!
First they had two Johto Pokemon (Quilava and Croconaw) and then they started to bring back all the old Johto music. Now even though Ready GO! is one of my favourite pieces of music in Pokemon I just think that the composers could try to come up with some music for the whole Sinnoh series.

And once again the writers fail to realise that Pokemon Symphonic Melody is NOT battling music! And it never will be!

Since the fillers are now starting to get into full flow I am expecting another few episodes of rehashes and pointless episodes.

EDIT: uber gon that was Quilava using Flame Wheel! Ash's Cyndaquil doesn't know Flame Wheel. That is why it can't use it!

cassius335
14th April 2007, 6:23 PM
But does anybody else think that this whole series is becoming a haven for old Johto stuff? This entire episode was basically Johto, Johto, Johto! First they had two Johto Pokemon (Quilava and Croconaw) and then they started to bring back all the old Johto music.

Interesting thought. How long before a Heracross, (non-shiney) Noctowl or Ho-Oh episode?

S.Suikun
14th April 2007, 7:18 PM
YES! CARNIVINE (and Seviper) EXPLODED!

Lots of BGM I haven't heard in ages. The brothers' voices were relatively irritible, I thought. I probably would have enjoyed the feud a lot more if I actually understood Japanese, but the battle at the end was quite good.

And once again the writers fail to realise that Pokemon Symphonic Melody is NOT battling music! And it never will be!
The staff seems to think of it as "victory" or "comeback" music. Personally, I've always hated the song no matter how it is used.

Almighty Zard
14th April 2007, 8:40 PM
But does anybody else think that this whole series is becoming a haven for old Johto stuff? This entire episode was basically Johto, Johto, Johto!

One episode, big deal. Hoenn had a jouto episode too for the record.

First they had two Johto Pokemon (Quilava and Croconaw) and then they started to bring back all the old Johto music.

Yet Ash had to dex Quilava(>>), not to mention he didn't bring up his Cyndaquil or Totodile either, and as for the music we hear old peices all the time.

CyberCubed
14th April 2007, 9:25 PM
I'd lol if the Quilava and Croconaw are actually foreshadowing for later on. And I don't mean permanant, but something temporary.

Its like the Donphan episode from Hoenn where Ash remembered his Phanpy and then in the next saga he returns it to his team and it evolves.

Almighty Zard
14th April 2007, 9:38 PM
I'd lol if the Quilava and Croconaw are actually foreshadowing for later on. And I don't mean permanant, but something temporary.

I'm doubtful of that happening.

Its like the Donphan episode from Hoenn where Ash remembered his Phanpy and then in the next saga he returns it to his team and it evolves.

The difference is this time Ash didn't even think about Cyndaquil or Totodile, and please don't start with that, it's bad enough people are wanting those two to return due to the lack of fire and water pokemon in sinnoh.

Ash6K
14th April 2007, 9:44 PM
Turtwig vs. Piplup at the start were pretty hilarious to see! Also Ash and Dawn getting angry at each other too...lol! Reminds me of The Bicker the Better with the whole Ash and Dawn arguing and the pokemon not being into sync, etc. Yay for Carnivine and Seviper exploding too!

uber gon
15th April 2007, 9:44 AM
One of my least favourite episodes so far. Seeing Quilava was one of the few saving graces IMO. The only others were the michrophone and the return of the pitfall!

First they had two Johto Pokemon (Quilava and Croconaw) and then they started to bring back all the old Johto music. Now even though Ready GO! is one of my favourite pieces of music in Pokemon I just think that the composers could try to come up with some music for the whole Sinnoh series.

Since the fillers are now starting to get into full flow I am expecting another few episodes of rehashes and pointless episodes.

EDIT: uber gon that was Quilava using Flame Wheel! Ash's Cyndaquil doesn't know Flame Wheel. That is why it can't use it!

Well I saw the image and it made me think of the Flaming Torch "flaming up."

Frankly, Cyndaquil would've looked cool doing it. Maybe in some FAR FUTURE episode Cyndaquil will learn Flame Wheel. Not that I believe it'll come back ANYTIME soon.

Weav-vile
16th April 2007, 9:39 PM
The episode was really entertaining; Ash and Dawn's final battle was made of awesomeness, and plenty of funny moments were split through the whole episode.

Too bad it still looks like a rehash of "The Bicker, The Better", but... Why would I be to complain if both episodes are gorgeous? :p

Bring on Bagworm and Co. now! =D

- Nozomi.

walorbd
16th April 2007, 10:09 PM
they Just Perfect Although Why Don`t They Make Dawn And Brock Instead Of Ash And Dawn

uber gon
16th April 2007, 10:10 PM
The episode was really entertaining; Ash and Dawn's final battle was made of awesomeness, and plenty of funny moments were split through the whole episode.

Too bad it still looks like a rehash of "The Bicker, The Better", but... Why would I be to complain if both episodes are gorgeous? :p

Bring on Bagworm and Co. now! =D

- Nozomi.

Well, "The Bicker, the Better" didn't have Ash and May resolve their battle, this episode did.

walorbd
16th April 2007, 10:10 PM
Too Bad They Didnt Put Brock

freedom-123
19th April 2007, 6:39 AM
is it me is it that the new series of pokemon is very very lame conpared to other series...

-Starly-
19th April 2007, 6:40 AM
is it me is it that the new series of pokemon is very very lame conpared to other series...
It's just you.

CyberCubed
19th April 2007, 6:46 AM
This episode was really high quality in all areas.

I'm amazed at how many little details were stuffed in here.

- The newscrew was actually funny, especially when the guy kept dropping the "whatever its called" on the reporters head. LMAO.

- Jessie wearing the cowgirl outfit = yum. I especially liked how the newscrew tried to drag her away

- Dawn was hilarious with the way she had to make sure she looked good in front of the camera.

- Naetle actually had some personality! Shock! The whole fighting skirmish between Pochama/Naetle was amusing.

- All the battles rocked. Yes, all of them. The first battle with Ash/Dawn losing was nicely done and fun to watch, the battle against TR was VERY good, and I really enjoyed the final battle as well.

- Nice to see underused Pokemon like Quilava and Croconaw again. It really makes me wish Ash's Pokemon evolved.

The fighting and "make up" scenes between Ash and Dawn were done right too.

Its really refreshing to see a girl who likes battling as much as Ash does. We *never* got these kinds of scenes from Misty and only once in a blue moon from May. I like how each girl has battled more than the last in the anime, its refreshing.

-Starly-
19th April 2007, 6:50 AM
- Jessie wearing the cowgirl outfit = yum. I especially liked how the newscrew tried to drag her away
Twas pretty funny to see her try to get on the camera, but failing to do so.

Cowgirl Jessie = HAWT

uber gon
19th April 2007, 10:24 AM
I saw an image of Turtwig using Razor Leaf on Crocanaw's Water Gun. What happened afterwards?

Geodude
19th April 2007, 12:50 PM
Yeah I don't find Jessie attractive at all, but even I think she was hot in that cowgirl outfit.

Korobooshi Kojiro
22nd April 2007, 4:27 PM
The Team Rocket Battle in this was amazingly fluid and awesome looking.

I was impressed....YOSHA!

And the Battle at the End was very strategic, YOSHA!

And the Boom Stick Fat Guy made me LOL, YOSHA!

So, a very entertaining episode.

Jonah
4th May 2007, 12:59 AM
What were the twins names?

Poke'T<3
16th September 2007, 8:32 PM
Oh man, im so glad piplup got beat up, woo hoo!!!

YOU AND ME BOTH!!! i think they need to show dawn going down atleast a little bit... i was amazed ash didnt use pikachu they should use buneary and pikachu together in a double battle they would work well buneary would try to save pikachu but yet she would probably be distracted by his cuteness! << Piplups foot tapping was so cute! but piplup really did get in the way of turtwig trying to save himself and then it went and attacked him geeeeezzzz

uber gon
20th September 2007, 6:42 PM
Wonder if Turtwig's "Dynamic Entry" attack on Piplup is a foreshadowing of it learning SUPERPOWER?

WaterDragon trainer
22nd September 2007, 4:03 PM
This episode was very good. The mic guy was cool. Shouldn’t Ash have learned his lesson about teamwork since that double battle with May? I also thought Jessie was really annoying. The final battle was awesome.

Korobooshi Kojiro
22nd September 2007, 4:07 PM
Wonder if Turtwig's "Dynamic Entry" attack on Piplup is a foreshadowing of it learning SUPERPOWER?

No, really, I don't think so.

I like the voices for the Sinnoh News Crew.

Dax
22nd September 2007, 4:16 PM
For the first time Jessie annoyed me. I just thought none of her appearances were funny. The battle against Team Rocket was better than the final one.

Still it was a great episode.

Sparkleo
22nd September 2007, 6:37 PM
*sniff*

It was SO nice to see a Quilava again!
That truly made my day in this episode! (well... that and Turtwig's Dynamic Entry move)

(Quilava>Cyndaquil>Typloshion IMO)

Ashy Boy
24th September 2007, 11:44 AM
For the first time Jessie annoyed me. I just thought none of her appearances were funny. The battle against Team Rocket was better than the final one.

Look I hate Jessie as much as you (judging by countless eps), but sadly we just have to put up with it.

Corzola
24th September 2007, 1:08 PM
Great Ash-Dawn episode, I like eps that focus on Ash friendship with her because she is the new character and needs to get into the series (but we also need eps like the Drifloon ep without her). Now we know more about Dawn in a way.

Jesse annoyed me but TR: s small screen time was good, this was not a TR ep which was good (thereby not said TR don´t have great eps, like Sweet Baby James and eps like that).

As for the battles, The Champ Twins had 15 - 20 straight victorys, Ash - as a beginner trainer - had 10, so I am not impressed by 15. It looked like all opponents up to Ash and Dawn was pretty much like beginners. AJ on the other hand... :D The first battle was funny and the second great, really showing off how great Ash is as a trainer (heck, he could be a Frontier Brain, those twins could at best be batteling in ordinary gyms) and that Dawn really can stand her own ground in battles.

7/10 points.

ellis10
24th September 2007, 8:17 PM
after that win ash nust love dawn

Dax
25th September 2007, 12:12 AM
Look I hate Jessie as much as you (judging by countless eps), but sadly we just have to put up with it.

I don't hate Jessie, I actually love her and she's my favorite Team Rocket member but just in this episode she came off as tiring an annoying.

RageKaiser
25th September 2007, 4:45 AM
I don't hate Jessie, I actually love her and she's my favorite Team Rocket member but just in this episode she came off as tiring an annoying.

It's the accent. It's always the accent.

I wasn't too fond of Ryan and Brian either..>_> What was with that "oopah" thing? and seriously, Rhyme less XD

uber gon
26th September 2007, 7:28 PM
*sniff*

It was SO nice to see a Quilava again!
That truly made my day in this episode! (well... that and Turtwig's Dynamic Entry move)

(Quilava>Cyndaquil>Typloshion IMO)

I wished they showcased LAVA PLUME, thogh.

Pokegirl16
1st October 2007, 7:53 PM
I loved this eppy
Nice ash and dawn fighting
yeah quivila and crocanaw
The news crew is hilarious
More turtwig that pokemon gots style

Rebeccag
28th October 2007, 11:36 PM
this episode was on not one of my favourites but it was ok. I liked how they featured about teamwork and it was also the first episode that showed rhonda who is starting to become one of my fave characters

wobbanut
26th August 2008, 3:07 AM
This episode overall was inferior to "The Bicker the Better", which I found a smart and very funny battle-of-the-sexes kind of episode (it's one of my top 5 episodes). I didn't like the guest characters either (although the reporter and her crew can be funny). I did like Jessie trying to hog the camera, and Ash complaining when Dawn kept restyling her hair. LOL

darklord18
26th August 2008, 1:27 PM
I like this episode because we get to some starter that we don't see very much since the johto series but the only thinks that I don't like was that it reminded me of ash and may battle in hoen but it was more funny and battle were well done.

MetalicSeadra
26th August 2008, 2:15 PM
This episode was pretty funny. I enjoyed the parts where the twins counted all their straight victories.

DanChimchar
13th October 2008, 2:55 AM
Got to love the Turtwig thing lol and piplup throwing him LMAO
I found this to be a filler but once I saw Sinnoh Now Quilava Totidiles evolve, The Turtwig and Piplup fight I was like ok they got me sold

HoennMaster
13th October 2008, 8:23 AM
"I found this to be a filler"....That's because it is......

I rank this as one of the 5 words episodes of D/P so far.

Torpoleon
5th December 2008, 1:31 AM
After seeing this, it is obvious that Ash and Co. are going to Johto for the new Battle Frontier after this and it might even be true that Cyndaquil and Totodile evolved because the 2 opponents have a Croconaw and Quilava.

HoennMaster
5th December 2008, 6:34 AM
This does not confirm it in anyway.

Igottapoo
5th December 2008, 6:36 AM
I like this episode. It's one of the few where Quilava makes an appearance

TurtwigFan1
10th December 2008, 8:08 PM
Nice episode, Ryan and Bryan were funny. Nice to see Ash and Dawn working together!

Rommath
30th January 2009, 8:54 PM
Alright episode, glad Quilava and Croconaw made an appearance. Glad to see Dawn and Ash co-operating in the end to beat the twins. I wonder if they'll appear again in the future? Probably not, they might have just been COTD.

Blue Snover
9th March 2009, 4:31 PM
Ash and Dawn work well together when they can stop arguing.

It was nice to see Quilava and Croconaw make an appearance.

(s.i.e)
10th March 2009, 2:24 PM
the double battle was really nice to watch i must say that, the cooperation between ash & dawn was fun too.

Littlemyuu
27th April 2009, 5:24 PM
i like to watch double battles, this one was really great

Tf5174
27th April 2009, 6:41 PM
it's nice to see Quilava and Croconaw again. :)

TorterraGuy
3rd June 2009, 12:06 AM
This episode was hilarious. I liked it when Ash would comment that Dawn's hair looked the same after she ate up 20 seconds to fix it. And boy would she get mad.

Shadow XD001
3rd June 2009, 12:29 AM
This was a nice episode. Dawn and Ash weren't the best tag battle partners. The final match was pretyy cool and, of course, the champs would be de- champed.

Torpoleon
3rd June 2009, 1:52 AM
They'd probably never get along in a tag battle. No one can prove me wrong sop far because they have not been in any tag battles aside from this one. Well, I mean where they were not paired up together. Seeing Croconaw and Quilava reminded me of Ash's Totodile and Cyndaquil.

HoennMaster
3rd June 2009, 5:18 AM
They battle successfully at the end...

Torpoleon
3rd June 2009, 11:00 PM
They battle successfully at the end...
True. That battle was way better.

Anyways, I think Ash should have used Pikachu over Turteig. I would have enjoyed seeing Pikachu and Piplup argue. Also, Pikachu has super effective moves against Croconaw and normally effective moves to Quilava.

CyberCubed
9th June 2009, 5:12 AM
Seeing Croconaw and Quilava reminded me of Ash's Totodile and Cyndaquil.

This episode is proof why Johto screwed up entirely.

If Ash had a Quilava and Croconaw similar to the ones in this episode, I think people would have really liked Ash's Johto team.

Anyway, do you think the writers knew about HGSS from all the way back here? It wouldn't surprise me if this was very early Johto foreshadowing.

kemal07
10th June 2009, 3:09 AM
This episode is proof why Johto screwed up entirely.

If Ash had a Quilava and Croconaw similar to the ones in this episode, I think people would have really liked Ash's Johto team.

Anyway, do you think the writers knew about HGSS from all the way back here? It wouldn't surprise me if this was very early Johto foreshadowing.

well aparantly it was in the make since DP games were released therefore i think it was deliberate.

When i first saw the twins i was almost certain ive seen the same character style

S.Suikun
10th June 2009, 3:24 AM
Ah, how lovely, the thread randomly becomes active again before my rewatch.

I'm not sure exactly how to feel about this episode. On one hand, it's great to see Croconaw and Quilava again after the debacles that occured in Johto. On the other hand, this episode is essentially an inferior version of "The Bicker the Better" from Hoenn. Yes, it's nice to explore the Satoshi/Hikari dynamic and place some conflict between the two, but it's not done nearly as hilariously as Satoshi/Haruka. And excuse my parallels, but the two green-haired punks really don't hold a candle to that crazy Nido couple. They seemed rather dry and cliche.

It is nice seeing Yuuka in her first full-episode appearance and the assorted cartoon violence that is associated with the boom mic guy. The battles themselves are good but not great, and even give off an unfortunate sense of what could have been in Johto. Rather, I consider the comedy to be this episode's highlight, but it has the misfortune of being in the shadow of a similar episode in Hoenn that, quite frankly, pushed the humor envelope further.

C+

milenadrg
20th June 2009, 8:40 PM
Hm, nothing really special, but STILL interesting episode. The funny part of it were Ash and Dawn...
And it was great seeing Quilava and Croconaw again...

Madame Pika
6th August 2009, 1:14 PM
I haven't seen 'the bicker the better' but this episode annoyed me alot. The only thing good was seeing Dawn and Ash's pokemon attack one annother.

The ending was what really got to me though. Not actual quote as my memory sucks but 'If you don't mind we're going to cut you're first battle as that last one had alot more drama.' The quote itself isn't so bad but why the heck is she asking Dawn and Ash that? Surely she should ask the winners of that battle.

Lorde
5th December 2009, 4:50 AM
I like this episode. It's one of the few where Quilava makes an appearance

What? Quilava appeared a lot, especially during Pokemon Leagues.

Anyway, a nice way to showcase true double battles again, even if the Sinnoh region rarely uses them. Though it still had this odd feel to it, like Filler, because nothing too grand ever happened. Ash and Dawn battling was fun though so that's something to be happy about. 5/10.

Ash-kid
7th December 2009, 1:51 PM
Great episode, i love Quilava.

this ep was like that episode from Hoenn, but this time Ash and Dawn managed to win because they were given two opportunities.

KGB13
17th January 2010, 10:36 PM
This was a really great episode, I loved it. I'm glad Quilava and Croconaw made an appearance, they're both awesome. I thought the little fight between Piplup and Turtwig was funny, especially when Turtwig tried to high-5 Piplup and Piplup smacked him, hilarious! The other funny part was how Jack kept hitting the News Reporter Lady in the head with the mic, funny stuff. The Champ Twins were really tough and had good teamwork and I'm glad they weren't sore losers after they lost in the re-match. I also loved the Whirpool/Razor Leaf combo Turtwig and Piplup used to finish the battle, it was quite impressive. Really great episode.

Willow's Tara
31st May 2010, 9:44 AM
Croconaw didn't have much appearances when compared to Quilva really. Now this isn't too much of a bad episode, it was kind of funny how Dawn and Ash were fighting. And it is kinda like the bicker, the better only James and Jesse weren't fighting this time and tried to steal the Johto starters.

Interesting that Aqua Jet and Ice beam are later used as a combo in the contests.

saar
8th July 2010, 4:18 PM
It was good to see Croconaw and Quilava again in the show.
Ash's Turgtwig-I've expected from it to be calm with Piplup.... It is a Grass pokemon.

Painkiller2001
8th November 2010, 6:34 PM
Wow, another episode review thread that has no posts along the lines of "maybe this is foreshadowing to Ash's Totodile and Cyndaquil coming back!"

Ash and Dawn need to learn to get along if they encounter any more tag battles in the future, or they are going to tun into problems.

I was looking at the pictures from the episodes just to refresh my memory and my favorite pictures are the very first one with Piplup and Turtwig evilly staring each other down.

Also, Kung-Fu Turtwig!

Caseydia
22nd November 2010, 2:17 AM
The one thing could have been avoided, is that if Piplup could stop constantly bumping into other Pokemon. This wasn't the first and last time this has happended where it's clumsiness had cost fights to break out. Too clumsy is not good in a tag battle.

Lance The Champ
26th November 2010, 2:59 PM
Can't believe Ash and Dawn lost to the champ twins in the first battle even if they were fighting

G50
27th April 2011, 8:41 AM
This episode was ok... It was cool to see Croconaw and Quilava for the 1st time in awhile. It was cool to see Ash and Dawn team up to do a Double Battle vs the Twins. I'm not surprised they lost the 1st battle since they were not working well at all as a team. It was hilarious when the sound guy kept hitting the reporter and jessie in the head with the microphone. It was great to see Ash and Dawn come up with a strategy and then winning the rematch with it.

50/100

BurningSociety12345543210
26th May 2011, 12:17 AM
Can't believe Ash and Dawn lost to the champ twins in the first battle even if they were fighting

Wow, there seems to be a lot of things that you people "can't belive". What's wrong with them losing to the champ twins?

Lorde
24th November 2014, 8:28 AM
Looking back, I thought Ryan and Bryan were such forgettable COTDs. I loved the Sinnoh Now reporter though as well as Team Rocket's various antics here. I was pleased to see Turtwig and Piplup being uncoordinated in the Tag Battle, as well as seeing Ash and Dawn at each other's throats. At least Ash and Dawn found their groove eventually.