PDA

View Full Version : help w/ EVs

savecowseatcarrots
14th April 2007, 9:13 PM
Okay so I'm trying to EV training my newly hatched Dunsparce in speed, so I've been fighting pidgey, pidgeotto, persian, etc. and having it hold the exp share. So i got like 10 EV points from that, then I gave it 8 carbos. and then when I tried to give it another it said It wouldn't have any effect. And on the website it said you can use 10 vitamins on each stat, and that is only 8. And it only has 90 EV points at this point and they're all in speed. I also should be able to get 255 EV points in speed, too, right? Tell me what I'm doing wrong, cuz I've read the whole guide on serebii.net several times and I don't know. Also sorry if this isn't in the right spot.

EDIT: Also this is in Leaf Green, but I don't think that should make a difference.

loopy100
14th April 2007, 9:23 PM
U can only get 252 EV's in any one stat :D...It has to be divisible by 4.

What somethings ore worth more than one Speed point towards an EV. Persain IIRC is 2, and Piddgeotto is 2 aswell. So u might have already maxed its speed out...

savecowseatcarrots
14th April 2007, 9:28 PM
no I definatly didn't, I took that into account, I've been training it since lv. 5 it's only at 14 now and I've only been fighting things that give speed EVs

UnskilledBreed
15th April 2007, 2:04 AM
no I definatly didn't, I took that into account, I've been training it since lv. 5 it's only at 14 now and I've only been fighting things that give speed EVs

Give it 10 vitamins before you fight anything.

Afterwards, the amount of vitamins you can give it lessens.

crudent
15th April 2007, 3:56 AM
The replies haven't been very clear. Let's clarify some doubts here.

If you have given 62 Speed EVs (for example) to your pokemon through training, the most number of Carbos you can apply to the pokemon are only 3, as they cannot be applied once you hit 100 EVs and above. In this case you cannot give another Carbos to your pokemon as it will make the final EV tally 102, which is above 100.

I hope this wasn't too wordy.

savecowseatcarrots
15th April 2007, 5:52 PM
ok, thanks. that makes sense since by the 8th carbos I had 90+ speed evs. I'll have to keep tha tin mind for later.