PDA

View Full Version : Which game is best for a beginner?

Feiyt
15th April 2007, 3:08 AM
Hello~!

I just recently got a gba micro, and a bunch of games as a birthday gift, and I was wondering out of the 3rd Generation games (I've got them all) which one should I start playing with? I've never played Pokemon before (unless you count all those years ago when I mucked around with Pokemon Blue for like an hour), so all the concepts like EVs, natures, IVs, HP etc are all beyond me right now. So, in your opinion which one has the most things to do, more interesting storyline, or has the shortest learning curve? (because I'm not sure if I'm passionate enough about pokemon yet to just sit and grind for hours)

I had some spare time and started playing Leafgreen, but I've heard reports that Emerald is much better. Is this true?

msmarill
15th April 2007, 3:10 AM
firered and leafgreen are perfect for a beginner...it teaches the basics early on in the game and gives you the best pokemon to start you off with...and by the end of the game you'll have chances to breed and newer pokemon being caught and a much wider variety of powers and abilitys to work yourself on...

xD

Manjot
15th April 2007, 7:57 AM
FR/LG are perfect. It tells you what to do when in a battle and has a help screen when you press L or R.

ChaosAngel
15th April 2007, 8:00 AM
like everyone else said.
Leaf Green and Fire Red.

Ketsueki Saikuron
15th April 2007, 8:03 AM
Leaf Green and Fire Red are sure-fire ways to train a beginner the right way the first time. Each starter has it's own strong sides and not so strong sides, which can be amplified by the pokemon you catch throughout the game.

Emerald introduces new elements that are not so easily mastered by a new player, so Leaf Green and Fire Red are the way to go. :)

ShinyManafi
15th April 2007, 8:03 AM
FR and LG, of course.
Emerald is probably the most advanced one..

Feiyt
15th April 2007, 9:33 AM
Ok thanks guys~ ^^.

Playing my Leafgreen right now~ onto my 3rd gym. Yay~ =). Pokemon is alot more fun then expected.

crudent
15th April 2007, 9:40 AM
Glad to see you're having fun.

Conquistador
15th April 2007, 11:09 AM
FR/LG, and then once you know all about IVs, EVs etc... move on to Emerald ^_^

noobiess
15th April 2007, 11:13 AM
I think you will like R/S/E more because they have new pokemon.
The first time you play it, it is just to beat the elite 4 so you don't have to worry about natures/EV's/...
And if you're stuck you always can ask this forum for help or search on the internet.

sandslash_1
15th April 2007, 3:04 PM
for u probably firered/leafgreen they take u back to Kanto where u find the first generation pokemon (at the end of the game the second) it is quite a bit easier than emerald/ruby/sapphire and yeah it's also fun too so it's your choice!!

#Gecko#
15th April 2007, 5:15 PM
I say start with R/S, then FR/LG, and last Emerald so you won't get bored in Hoenn story line.

~.:Southern lights:.~
15th April 2007, 5:50 PM
Leaf Green and Fire Red it's just a better version then the old one with new islands and the jotho pokes included

Miniduffa
18th April 2007, 5:52 PM
fire red or leaf green, it has basic starters and teachy tv and the help system

pochamalover
18th April 2007, 7:53 PM
fire red and leaf green as they have really good clear instructions

sceptile33
18th April 2007, 9:39 PM
First FR/LG. After you beat it and understand all that EV/IV stuff, move on into emerald.

Tytus
19th April 2007, 2:50 AM
Wait, you got ALL the 3rd gen games as a birthday present? As in Ruby, Sapphire, Emerald, FireRed, and LeafGreen? Wow, you're lucky. I'm only missing LeafGreen, but then again I didn't get all mine at once...

Anaya
19th April 2007, 5:30 AM
I would say any game. But FR and LG are pretty good for beginners. And happy to hear that you're having fun! :D.

Chaos Rush
19th April 2007, 5:41 AM
First FR/LG to get the basics, then R/S/E. FR/LG also has DA UBER TYRNANITAR!!!!