PDA

View Full Version : Awesome bf team?

pegweg
15th April 2007, 5:54 PM
salamance (adament)
(leftovers/choice band)
-fire blast/ brick break (you guys decide)
-eq
-rock slide
-aireal ace (i will not rebreed to get a hidden power air)

Snorlax
(chesto berry)
-return
-shadow ball
-curse
-rest

Starmie(modest)
-surf
-ice beam
-psychic
-thunderbolt
Whaddaya y'all think?

#Gecko#
15th April 2007, 6:10 PM
That's a really good team, but I suggest getting a tank to just in case.

Scepgatr
15th April 2007, 9:08 PM
Rock Slide and Earthquake covers everything that Brick Break does. Also both moves are more powerful. Hence replace Brick Break with Fire Blast.

Make sure Snorlax has Thick Fat Ability with Careful Nature. Give it Leftovers. Its has enough HP and defenses (after Curse) to easily Rest for two turns. Also, you can replace Earthquake/Shadow Ball with Return.

Starmie should have Natural Cure Ability. Otherwise its fine.

Dark Registeel
15th April 2007, 9:09 PM
im not a personal fan of starmie so trade in like a pidgeot and that be an awesome team.

Scepgatr
15th April 2007, 9:13 PM
Starmie is a great special sweeper. Pidgeot isn't a great Pokèmon. There are much better Normal Flying Pokèmons such as Swellow or Dodrio. Anyway, this team already has a Normal and a Flying Pokèmon. Pidgeot will not give any benefits to the team.

pegweg
15th April 2007, 11:39 PM
i prefer flamethower to fire blast though....wait i dont thnk salamence can learn flamethower.... also brick break covers normal pokemon like blissey and snorelax.

Sceptile Owns All
16th April 2007, 12:13 AM
Salamance @Choice Band
Adamant Nature
-Earthquake
-Rock Slide
-Aerial Ace
-Brick Break/Fire Blast

OR

Salamence @Lum Berry
Adamant Nature
-Earthquake
-Rock Slide
-Aerial Ace
-Dragon Dance

Snorlax @Leftovers
Adamant/Careful Nature
-Return
-Shadow Ball
-Curse
-Rest/Counter

Starmie @Petaya/Salac Berry
Modest/Timid Nature
-Surf
-Ice Beam
-Psychic
-Thunderbolt

pegweg
16th April 2007, 1:49 AM
sceptile owns all i already had that... and ydo 3 out of 4 people who have posted on this besides me love sceptile?

pegweg
16th April 2007, 3:08 AM
since no one else seems to be posting does that mean i have the most aweseome team or what!

The Mighty Wurmple
16th April 2007, 3:29 AM
i prefer flamethower to fire blast though....wait i dont thnk salamence can learn flamethower.... also brick break covers normal pokemon like blissey and snorelax.

Salamence can learn Flamethrower.

crudent
16th April 2007, 12:09 PM
since no one else seems to be posting does that mean i have the most aweseome team or what!

Yes you have the most awesomest team around. Whatever, I don't care.

Snorlax should hold leftovers, Starmie should hold Shell Bell.

pegweg
17th April 2007, 3:04 AM
Yes you have the most awesomest team around. Whatever, I don't care.

Snorlax should hold leftovers, Starmie should hold Shell Bell.

is that coming from the heart? well thanx! All i have left is to breed my modest staryu until i get natural cure and then train it....

The Mighty Wurmple
17th April 2007, 7:39 AM
Knowing Crudent, probably not.

crudent
17th April 2007, 11:33 AM
Hey! Do you doubt my intentions. I'm not that nasty anymore, okay?

but yeah, that was a little sarcastic. Don't be so full of yourself, there's always hax in the Frontier, which will totally screw you over, even when you have the best team out there.

But no doubt, that is the team to use for the Battle Frontier. *gasp* Did I just reveal a big secret? Blah, whatever. Just have the 3 together, and you'll sweep like crazy in the Frontier.

pegweg
18th April 2007, 12:57 AM
well thank you very much! anyone else have anything to share?

BattlePikeKing140
18th April 2007, 3:07 AM
I have one thing to say about the first post.

ChestoResting blows. Always.

The Mighty Wurmple
18th April 2007, 7:36 AM
In the 2nd Gen it was acceptable on a bunch of Pokemon, but it's better off using Leftovers now, for the recovery.

Anyway, Lum Berry is better than a Chesto Berry.

pegweg
18th April 2007, 2:13 PM
lum heals anything=not what u want chesto=only sleep. u dont want to be healed of poison or confused

crudent
18th April 2007, 3:21 PM
Yes yes yes, but that's not the main point, as Snorlax needs the Leftovers. Nothing else.

Reno
18th April 2007, 6:28 PM
snorlax needs leftovers. people will post it thousands of times, he needs them.

and from what i can see, you lack a physical wall if lax hasnt cursed up. if you switch him in on a hera focus punch, hes dead.

Scepgatr
18th April 2007, 8:30 PM
There are no Focus Punching Heracross in BF. Assuming Salamence hasn't fainted already, Heracross can be Aerial Aced.

Reno
18th April 2007, 8:38 PM
i met one FPing cross near the top level of tower.. but meh.

Scepgatr
18th April 2007, 8:44 PM
OK, I was just looking at guides such as the one here (http://www.serebiiforums.com/showthread.php?t=127341). Looks like they were wrong.

Reno
18th April 2007, 8:46 PM
or i had a dream. either way, a hercross must at least carry brick brea, and that would put a dent in lax.

crudent
19th April 2007, 1:38 PM
Starmie takes care of non-Hera Fighting pokemon easily, with Psychic. And you don't need to keep Lax in. Just swap Mence out, and switch Mence in again. Megahorn won't do much to it anyways.