PDA

View Full Version : Baton Passing

Shaman
16th April 2007, 7:15 PM
K, I have a few questions regarding Baton Pass. 1, Can u baton pass Focus Energy? 2, Can you Psych-up Baton Passed Pokemon? 3, I'm pretty sure that when I Baton Passed with my confused Umbreon, the Tyranitar I Passed on to was confused as well. Was it just me, or does that really happen? Someone plz help!

Heliotrope
16th April 2007, 7:46 PM
If your Pokemon has a status condition (like confusion, burn, ect) I'm pretty sure that will be passed on.

I'm not sure about focus energy, but you can pass on psych-up.

miken park
16th April 2007, 10:27 PM
1. don't think so, since it's not really a status thing.
2. yes
3. yesh, that should have happened.

Tytus
16th April 2007, 10:34 PM
I heard that Focus Energy was passible. I mean, there is a berry for raising the critical hit rate, just like berries that increase attack and defense and such. It seems to fall under that category. Is evasion passible?

miken park
16th April 2007, 10:40 PM
Yes, Evasion is passable.

Alzi
17th April 2007, 5:21 AM
You can basically batonpass any thing. Say if i had ninjask first in my team since it raises speed every turn you can baton pass that. If you have a burn that would porbaly get baton pass it keeps all effects in play. So i could use mind reader then you baton pass to somthing my sheercold would still hit it.

Shaman
19th April 2007, 8:32 PM
R u sure about that? Doesn't Mind Reader need to hit the turn directly after it? And what you guys r saying is that no, my burn will not pass, but my .5 attack will stay...?

WhiteWizard42
20th April 2007, 12:13 AM
R u sure about that? Doesn't Mind Reader need to hit the turn directly after it? And what you guys r saying is that no, my burn will not pass, but my .5 attack will stay...?

the stat change from a condition won't get passed, but if a pokemon uses Charm on, say, ninjask, it would then pass the halved attack.

and the mind reader thing does work, i've done it on XD: Gale Of Darkness.

Shaman
6th May 2007, 12:53 AM
What about charge? or stockpile?

crudent
6th May 2007, 8:34 AM
no. they don't work on baton passs.

loopy100
6th May 2007, 10:36 AM
Focus Energy and Lock On/Mind Reader do NOT get passed by Baton Pass as they only affect the move directly after the stat up. If you batton Pass you essentialy waste a turn...

WhiteWizard42
6th May 2007, 6:50 PM
Focus Energy and Lock On/Mind Reader do NOT get passed by Baton Pass as they only affect the move directly after the stat up. If you batton Pass you essentialy waste a turn...

do i need to reiterate what it said earlier in this thread? i've done it, BP does pass mind reader. one of the battle CDs in XD revolves around doing that.

loopy100
7th May 2007, 12:21 AM
do i need to reiterate what it said earlier in this thread? i've done it, BP does pass mind reader. one of the battle CDs in XD revolves around doing that.

Seems pointless....Simply Lock On with Smeargle, BP to someone fast with Fissure and OHKO....seems kinda flawed to me, and also not very fair...

WhiteWizard42
7th May 2007, 9:43 PM
Seems pointless....Simply Lock On with Smeargle, BP to someone fast with Fissure and OHKO....seems kinda flawed to me, and also not very fair...

it's plenty fair. anyone who can't OHKO smeargle deserves to die, unless they stat-upped, in which case they can deal with the Sheer Cold-er before it uses SC. if not, they can just switch out and the Lock-On loses its effect and the OHKO goes to its usual accuracy.

as for flawed, something doesn't have to be a good plan just to be possible.