PDA

View Full Version : Blaziken.

Too_Hungry35
18th April 2007, 4:10 AM
I was just wondering, but is there a chance that Blaziken can get poisoned by using Overheat? I was using him against a Roselia in BF, and after I used it, Roselia's effect kicked in and Poisoned me? Can someone explain wqhy? Fire is a spcial move and yeah. Why would it be able to poison me?

ShinyFufu
18th April 2007, 4:20 AM
Apparently, Overheat is a contact (not "physical" as in its damage being determined by the ATTACK stat) so it can still be effected by Roselia's Posion Point. It's like using Thunderpunch on something with Cute Charm. You still get the chance of being effected, even though the attack is not physical.

ShinyManafi
18th April 2007, 4:23 AM
Just because its the certain type, doesnt mean that there's no contact. Any contact moves will trigger these abilites and Rough Skin.

Glen ^^
18th April 2007, 7:40 AM
You fried a poor Roselia, then Arceus punished you.

The Mighty Wurmple
18th April 2007, 8:35 AM
Arceus wasn't even around then.
I never thought Overheat had any physical contact to be honest.

ChaosAngel
18th April 2007, 8:40 AM
Overheat contacts with them?
Never knew that.

XDCOMPLETE
18th April 2007, 9:00 AM
You learn something new everyday, I guess!

The Mighty Wurmple
18th April 2007, 9:02 AM
I thought it was something like flames going in 10 different directions, and hitting them, not physically.

But I guess it's like Flame Wheel.

Wait a second.
In the fourth generation, it's special! That means it has no physical contact!

crudent
18th April 2007, 9:43 AM
That's why I found it strange, as normal contact attacks like Fire Punch were made physical in 4th Gen.

DarkSpectrum
18th April 2007, 10:01 AM
Overheat contacts with them?
Never knew that.

In the 3rd gen it is actually a Fire typed tackle attack like superpower.
In the 4th gen, it was made a special, non-contact move.... I'm guessing because the anime always showed it just like a flamethrower attack.