PDA

View Full Version : A quick move question

Tozzi
19th April 2007, 3:41 AM
Right now I'm raising a Dusclops...I know his move set generally looks like this:

-Curse
-Confuse Ray
-Rest
-Mean Look

Do you think It'd be a good idea to swap Confuse Ray out with Will-O-Wisp? It won't give a chance of him attacking himself, but it will do a lot more damage.

dragonmaster_jonathan
19th April 2007, 3:49 AM
I don't really see much of a use to will-o-wisp as it is, when you're faced with the choice of wisp or ray (but that's my opinion). I see you're using Rest though, so I'd go with Confuse Ray. The ray can buy you time to actually use Rest in tight situations. Curse will take damage from the opponent each turn anyway, so doesn't it seem like it does a good job taking the role of will-o-wisp? Idk, I'm fairly new to strategizing anyway (really, I've never really strategized before), but on my opinion I'd use confuse ray.

Vaporeon4evr
19th April 2007, 5:38 AM
I don't really see much of a use to will-o-wisp as it is, when you're faced with the choice of wisp or ray (but that's my opinion). I see you're using Rest though, so I'd go with Confuse Ray. The ray can buy you time to actually use Rest in tight situations. Curse will take damage from the opponent each turn anyway, so doesn't it seem like it does a good job taking the role of will-o-wisp? Idk, I'm fairly new to strategizing anyway (really, I've never really strategized before), but on my opinion I'd use confuse ray.

I don't mean to be rude, but don't listen to this. Confuse Ray generally involves luck. The opponent may attack every time despite being confused, or snap out on the first turn. Will-o-wisp is MUCH MUCH better. It doesn't go away (unlike confusion), it does damage every turn no matter what (unlike confusion), and it HALVES (that's right, halves) the opponent's attack. This is especially beneficial against physical sweepers.

To be brief, will-o-wisp > confuse ray.

Scepgatr
19th April 2007, 8:05 AM
The current Dusclops moveset doesn't do anything. You have no way of damaging others.
This is better:

Shadow Ball
Will-O-Wisp
Pain Split
Seismic Toss

Moveset works best with Careful nature. Careful boosts SDef. Will-O-Wisp halves foe's Att, so Dusclops is safe from the physical side as well. The other three attacks are straight forward.